test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Refinement Items? This is getting out of hand

2»

Comments

• iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    More refinement types -> more bag space -> more bags needed -> people buy zen to buy bags.
    Simple.

We all know that and you seem to be missing the point , the developers stated that one of the reasons they changed the original refinement system was specifically to help save bag space.
  • sapientsatissapientsatis Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    2iamannoyingdevil
    Developers stated a lot of things. If all those were true we would have played perfect game already. Greed is greed. It's just covered with words people want to hear.
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I agree that the refinement system needs a overhaul of Quality of Life changes.
    The problems can be summarized as follows:

1 - The system takes up too much bag space.
    2 - The UI is clunky and slows down the refinement process. 5 items at a time when you have drop thousands to maximize one item is too slow.
    3 - Many sources of RP are not cost effective and thus tend to be overlooked in favor of other methods, that usually involve specific farming at the cost of "normal" gameplay. The best example of this is all the unidentified blue and green gear dropped by mobs that requires to be identified before being used as refinement.
    4 - The amount of RP needed to maximize one artifact appears to be excessive, compared to the sources of income we have.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Even with 5 bags, and some bought with zen, I cannot keep up with space any longer.

Its BEYOND what I can purchase, so thats the real issue. There is too much garbage out there they need to get rid of.

Here is a start, get rid of white pearls, lol!
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Turning away players because a system is needlessly complex loses them more money than they make by selling bag space.

The entire idea behind the Refinement changes for Mod 2 was to make the system easier and more user friendly. And now, over a year later, it's grown to be even more cumbersome and complex, and is at the top of the "Player Dissatisfaction" list.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The thing about bag clutter was probably a lie. One of the whiter ones at the time because it did reduce clutter but the only reason they did it was because they could monetise better. And that's fine up until the point it becomes abusive ie 92 blood rubies please because there is no legit way for you to farm either the ad or the rp values you need. Which is where we ended up.

And that might be partially unintended because as we all know things weren't so bad. They probably felt that they had to do something about the botters despite the fact they made the economy sane for everyone else. Also cryptic know only one other trick to gate progression and that's different currencies. So the endless types of rp items are just another version of that. Its dumb but if you've seen them on stream you shouldn't exactly expect smart plays. "Minor change" increase gwf damage by 20% etc.

Also they have zero issue turning people off. The game is obviously geared towards the big spender.
  • zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The OP lists 40 refinement stones.
    The number of unique refinement items is well over 100.

Most people want to save dropped RPs for the double RP events so add to this the enchants/runestone/shards worth RP that drop from PvE content:

Rank 3,4,5 of every flavor of enchant (Azure, Radiant, Dark, Silvery, Black Ice, Cruel, Brutal, Savage): 8 x 3 = 24
    Rank 3,4,5 of every flavor of Runestone (Arcane, Eldtritch, Empowered, Profane, Training): 3 x 5 = 15
    One of kind of weapon and armor enchant shard ( Bilethorn, Bronzewood, Feytouched, Flaming, Frost, Holy Avenger, Lifedrinker, Lightning, Terror, Plaguefire, Vorpal, Barkshield, Bloodtheft, Briartwine, Elven, Fireburst, Frostburn, Negation, Soulforged, Thunderhead).
    11 + 9 = 20

There are 59 extra items right there. Add some Rank 2 from leadership barrels and a few Rank 6/7/8 enchants, or a few specialty items not listed and the number of unique RP-items soars past
    the maximum possible bag space which is maxed out at 126 SLOTS (Adventurer Sachel + 4 Greater Bag of Holding) for everything else besides profession/assets resources and pets.

Profession Asset bag has 120 slots (even this will be strained in Mod6)
    A dedicated Refinement Resource bag would need at least as much.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    And shards only stack to 20, so if you're trying to save specific ones (bought or farmed) for enchant upgrading, they take up a lot of space quickly.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • totallynotfrishtotallynotfrish Member Posts: 89
    edited February 2015
    And shards only stack to 20, so if you're trying to save specific ones (bought or farmed) for enchant upgrading, they take up a lot of space quickly.

Speaking of space taking up. I just managed to buy a greater fey blessing coz I can. It didn't stack with my 2 others. I have no idea how that's even possible... Space is a real pain and I've maxed out all what I can purchase on my main character now :D. Gonna need to get rid of r3s when mod 6 comes I think...
  • doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    DO the Devs really expect us to only keep enchants that we have slotted?

1st - Whenever you the Devs introduce new gear you almost always change the stat bumps, so if we are in a nice shiny set of purple gear the next new gear that comes out probably buffs different stats which may cause us to have to swap out enchants. Is that really the expectation is that if that happens we go the the AH to take a loss or make other players richer because we want to trade enchants that may or may not be the flavor of the month?

2nd - Do the Devs really expect players to just stop what they are doing and start refining whenever enchants drop? That is such a time consuming tedious process that odds are I'll pick up so many different enchants in different level ranges that all my bags will be full before I even get to the 4th encounter of whatever i'm doing.

I'll note that I have 2 dragon hoard bags, a greater bag of holding and the two largest starting adventure bags and they are almost always at capacity not to mention the fact I have more bank slots than I can recall but its a lot that is also perpetually full from saving geear to switch into (say for PVP or PVE) to hoarding gemstones and enchants for maybe another double RP weekend not to mention the endless dyes and vairous transmutes I may want to use at a later date.

Between potions, enchants, RP, gear, profession kits, injury kits, and companions of varying sorts I have to say its definitely about time to start dwindling this stuff down.
  • denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Make a new tab like profession assets in the inventory, for RP stones maybe
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    denvald wrote: »
    Make a new tab like profession assets in the inventory, for RP stones maybe

This would be a huge help.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    This would be a huge help.

Ill take anything that helps!

There is so much they could be doing to make us happy, but what we get is "we gave you leadership RP, no go away"

HA!
  • ucanthandleucanthandle Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    An rp tab is really what they need. There are as many types of refining stones and ranks as there are profession items. At this point there is no reason for them not to have a refinement tab, considering its really the most important currency/item atm.
  • mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I wouldn't be upset at all if they sold $$**I would pay for**$$ a tab/bag that held refining items only.
  • quetumquetum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    mystagogue wrote: »
    I wouldn't be upset at all if they sold $$**I would pay for**$$ a tab/bag that held refining items only.

This. A refining only bag? Take my money!
  • denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    quetum wrote: »
    This. A refining only bag? Take my money!

I would spend my Zen on that if it were an account unlock, character only? yeah considering I'd ahve to buy it 30 times... not going to happen.

I enjoy account wide unlocks, like mounts and the linen clothes are, character only buys I feel are a waste, but that's another story for another thread
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    What about a magic refining bag you can buy that collects 1 free purple stone a day and holds all of our other refining stones.
  • shobanatorshobanator Member Posts: 17
    edited June 2015
    More refinement types -> more bag space -> more bags needed -> people buy zen to buy bags.
    Simple.

After reading through all the posts, I was waiting for someone to say basically reply with what you wrote. Everything is there for a purpose and usually has to do with currency.

@OP nice post by the way, I agree.

I'm currently trying to figure out the best way to refine my Artifact necklace. Yes, I can use all the stones I have, but is it better to sell some and refine some? Maybe it's personal preference, though 30k for the sapphire is some easy AD in my pocket.
  • shobanatorshobanator Member Posts: 17
    shobanator wrote: »
    Simple.

After reading through most of the posts, I was waiting for someone to say basically reply with what you wrote. Everything is there for a purpose and usually has to do with currency.

@OP nice post by the way, I agree.

I'm currently trying to figure out the best way to refine my Artifact necklace. Yes, I can use all the stones I have, but is it better to sell some and refine some? Maybe it's personal preference, though 30k for the sapphire is some easy AD in my pocket.

• group5egroup5e Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Why do you need 5 stones that do essentially the same thing?

You don't.
    Why not have ONE stone that's worth 2500 RP?

It would take up less bag space, which in turn would help people get away with purchasing less storage space.

Not sure why this is a difficult concept to grasp... other mmo's use similar tactics.

Do what I do with those "other stones", I use them right away or just chuck them. They aren't worth tying up inventory space.
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    Necromancy!
This discussion has been closed.