test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crushing Root :Should work on Range Stance only? (avoid perma daze) Poll

pufy2010pufy2010 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 301 Arc User
Hi Guy's A.A here.

Today we talk about : Crushing Roots :HR class feature.

HR can now properly Daze you , and it's very good Because HR was missing encounters that daze (The only daze skill we had is a Daily : Disruptive Shot)

Thanks to : Crushing roots : You'r Weak roots stuns target for 0.5 seconds And Strong roots for 1 second.

VS player at max level : weak root daze last 1 second , and Strong Root up to 3 seconds.

The Feature is Great , but it may cause unbalance.
Why ? Because we have 2 Stances ( Ranged and Melle)

That means More Roots ( double the effect, daze.)
Wich leads to Permanent Daze.

Is good that we can CC properly with daze. (we miss cc skills)
But because we have 2 stances (ranged and melle) we can convert this daze into perma Daze)

My feedback is : Crushing Roots may work Only on Ranged Stance.

The feature is gReat , 3 second daze will be a good improvment to HR that already lacks good CC skills.
But it should work only on ranged Stance , and not Melle stance , just to prevent perma daze and unbalance.

So i vote yes for : Crushing Root :Should work on Range Stance only.

May the Bacon Bless
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i knew "something is wrotten in the State of Denmark" beeing dazed by hunters lately until death :)
  • Options
    tantivetyrelltantivetyrell Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I don't think you can apply the daze a second time if a root is still applied, Grasping roots don't stack. The daze would only start each time new roots are applied when the old ones finish. And in pvp, theres tenacity and usually the effects are shortenned.

HR don't have that strong of a survivability anymore with the regen and lifesteal changes.
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I don't think you can apply the daze a second time if a root is still applied, Grasping roots don't stack. The daze would only start each time new roots are applied when the old ones finish. And in pvp, theres tenacity and usually the effects are shortenned.

HR don't have that strong of a survivability anymore with the regen and lifesteal changes.

Trapper HR are PvP gods in Mod 6. The best survivability is killing everything before it can hit you. OP has a good suggestion. I'm wondering if it would fix the double proc bug
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    knallkooopfknallkooopf Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hard decision to use crushing root .. because aspect of the lone wolf and aspect of the serpent are pretty nice for a Trapper Hr
  • Options
    truescramblestruescrambles Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This won't fix anything. Fox, Constricting, and Binding are enough to perma daze with the insane amount of cooldowns that can be had. New roots override old roots, so you'll be able to daze things that are already dazed. And while testing this, I found out I didn't even have the Ancient Roots feat. When I put points into that, Binding no longer became needed. Constricting nearly perma dazed everything on its own with some cooldown reduction from Fox Shift. If anything, the class feature needs to be looked at instead of placing a limit that ultimately ends up having no effect.
  • Options
    lococatt91lococatt91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 162 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Another ***** way of asking for a nerf.
    Just make a thread saying you want a nerf for this or that reason. Puss
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    there is no reason to limit it just to one stand. This is just one more thread for nerf call masked as poll. No.
  • Options
    jackedbrahjackedbrah Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    if anything, only melee should work.

since its harder to apply.
    Elitist dooshbag

Guardian Fighter main. I will never switch to Paladin even if we're a dying breed. GF for ever!

Main alts: Great Weapon Fighter, Control Wizard.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    It's not a nerf poll ,It's a feedback poll with comparations/scenarios/solutions.

HR is one of my mains ,but if i see an issue ,and i can offer feedback ,then i will do it.

You think i dont love the fact i can Perma daze now ? Trust me ,is almoust as good as BACON.

But im fair ,and i dont like that other class stand 0 chances bcs perma daze strikes.

My feedback remains : keep daze for Range stance ,but not for Melle stance .

A very lovely update for HR ,but in balance range.

May the Bacon Bless.
  • Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Sure looks like a barely-disguised nerf request to me...
  • Options
    darylhazdarylhaz Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    henry404 wrote: »
    Sure looks like a barely-disguised nerf request to me...

Have you tried the perma daze rotation of the HR in preview? If not go try it it's just as stupid as the TR daze rotation.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Darylhaz ,Dont bother reply to henry404 ,on all my topics/feedbacks etc... he categorize them as nerf..and dose not even read the actual topic . that includes feedback/ scenarios VS that certain issue/ improvments/and how it realy works.

he is Just stuck on :Oh a nerf thread, oh a hate thread , oh unfair!

May the bacon Bless you , my lil frustrated Henry , thank you for that cheap hate u offer.
  • Options
    stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Another nerf HR thread. Should look at the pally before you worry about us. Can't daze something that takes 0 damage.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Right , So you say : Another nerf HR thread ??then clearly you are on the wrong Thread.
    My Thread is far from a hate /nerf thread

Why ?My thread follows 3 easy steps :

Find a relevant subject
    Debate around it , find all scenarios ,effects ,offer relevant info , test bazed .
    Offer Feedback and Constructive /Necessary Criticism ( who , why ,how why affects who , how to fix why ,so who (lol).

For me a Nerf Thread is just a hate thread that have little to say but personal frustration towards something , without even try find a solution , and offer something positive in return , just blatant hate.

And Hmm , Try logg preview more then 5 seconds in ICE and test pvp .
    Then try offer relevant informations.

Special thanks to , Citizen Dwarf (Sn CW ) PapaBigN LT, Minerva , Beast ,Erik(Cupcake) , Ф Ghôst Ф , Zeref,Hussbro and many others that actualy Helped Me test and gather precious info Pve/PVP (ice)

I never encourage bugs/OP/broken class even if is my main or not.
    So if i can offer a feedback and constructive toughts , that may improve gameplay ,why not.

may the Bacon Bless.
  • Options
    ghostreaper187ghostreaper187 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Nope, if they make it only useful in Ranged stance no one will use it.
  • Options
    ghostreaper187ghostreaper187 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    IMO every Classes CC ability should proc a 10s immunity on the charictor it was used on to that type of CC, its a bigger issue than just nurfing it for the HR
  • Options
    pyrrusdragneerpyrrusdragneer Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Crushing roots working only for the range stance? Haha don't make me laugh
    Srly this feature class is just what we needed. I mean have you ever seen skillful Infiltrator, steel defence or even first strike?
    Personally i think that crushing root will only balance things a bit. Don't tell me you never saw a (for example) Trickster Rogue 1-hit everything while your GS is a way higher.
  • Options
    mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    darylhaz wrote: »
    Have you tried the perma daze rotation of the HR in preview? If not go try it it's just as stupid as the TR daze rotation.

At least the TR dazes need you to be in melee range and at risk of blowing stealth to continue the rotation, as well as all daze attempts can be dodged.

...did they fix the undodgeable TR roots in the preview? If not, good luck everyone, this time against a lengthy daze combo that's fired off from 80' away which you have no way of avoiding.
  • Options
    marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    At least the TR dazes need you to be in melee range and at risk of blowing stealth

As always your a joke mirrorballs, keep telling gwf gf and sw to dodge as in y our earlier posts lol.

A Tr comming talking about risk and cc after module 5 is a good proof how utterly far from reality you are and always been.

No class should be able to chain cc others have 1 shot ablitys ignore defence fight while invisible in pvp -yea tr got it all.

All classes should have cc break and immunity frame after being cced. Any form of chain cc is only destroying what pvp stands for and thats being able to play your character, not being locked down and killed without a chanse to fight back.

But a Tr with extream deflect that reduce cc and the ablity to ignore cc with a cc break and then 1 shot from stealth that complains about other classes ccs is rich very rich.....
  • Options
    mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    marnival wrote: »
    As always your a joke mirrorballs, keep telling gwf gf and sw to dodge as in y our earlier posts lol.

I didn't realize the game had only 3 classes. Wow. What revelation.

A Tr comming talking about risk and cc after module 5 is a good proof how utterly far from reality you are and always been.

No class should be able to chain cc others have 1 shot ablitys ignore defence fight while invisible in pvp -yea tr got it all.

Did you make the same complaints against the GWF during mod2 when they were chain-proning in a series of FSL-TD-IDS for around 7 seconds straight in a CC that couldn't be broken free from? Hey, don't get me wrong. Chain CCs are bad. OK. Gotcha. I just hate this little thing called 'double standard'.

All classes should have cc break and immunity frame after being cced. Any form of chain cc is only destroying what pvp stands for and thats being able to play your character, not being locked down and killed without a chanse to fight back.

This part, I actually agree. The funny thing is, that's the reason why I at least made the effort to get myself Oghma's for myself since I'm not a MI TR with their 15sec CD ITC spamming. It's the closest thing you can get to a free CC breaker for all classes.

OFC, it's definately not like ITC. Only every 2 minutes, so it must be used sparingly, and no where near how DEUS EX MACHINA ITC is. But it still provides a lot of relief in many situations. So I made the effort.

Did you make the same effort? No of course not. Why would anyone ever have to give up their favorite BiS artifact when they can simply do nothing about it and complain on the forums, right?

But a Tr with extream deflect that reduce cc and the ablity to ignore cc with a cc break and then 1 shot from stealth that complains about other classes ccs is rich very rich.....

Wow. Is that something like a GWF that's tough as a Sentinel with straight-up damage buffs like a Destroyer and passive bonuses to CA and movement speed like the Instigator? Where can I get one of those! A TR that has 63 heroic feat points!!

(ps) Who's complaining? LOL It's not like I've not survived through undodgeable constricting arrows and grasping roots that rubberband you everywhere during mod2. So I'm not complaining.

But like I said, marnival, since you hate what us Scoundrels can do from melee distance, I definitely guarantee you'll be complaining when you get the same thing from 80 feet away.

Besides, "complaining" is something you seem to specialize in, not me. I remember you and your cussing and swearing and all those not nice things you've managed to PM me for about 10 minutes straight when I've PWND your HR with a meager, weak, "not PvP worthy" Whisperknife TR. I mean, I really suck when compared to the real premades with real TR builds so how did that ever happen? Oh yeah. That's right. Because we're all the same OP with 63 heroic feat points to use.

But don't worry. When you start using the same HR bullcrap against me and kill me all the time, I promise not to degrade you and your family with 10 minutes straight "complaining" like you've "complained" to me. I'm actually a very laid-back person, you know. ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    But don't worry. When you start using the same HR bullcrap against me and kill me all the time, I promise not to degrade you and your family with 10 minutes straight "complaining" like you've "complained" to me. I'm actually a very laid-back person, you know

Yep you show how layed back you are with your 100ds of irrelevant trying to sound good and almighty showing your absulute lack of knowledge about game mechanics over and over. You been corrected so many times people start laugh at your comments as soon as they see them. A good example is when you told gwf sw and gf l2p and dodge exe lol, but the list goes on.
    Did you make the same complaints against the GWF during mod2 when they were chain-proning in a series of FSL-TD-IDS for around 7 seconds straight in a CC that couldn't be broken free from? Hey, don't get me wrong. Chain CCs are bad. OK. Gotcha. I just hate this little thing called 'double standard'.

Yep I did never liked cc chains never will....
    But like I said, marnival, since you hate what us Scoundrels can do from melee distance, I definitely guarantee you'll be complaining when you get the same thing from 80 feet away.

The differance is that you can fire back at a hr or fire first even better and another player can handle that hr bit hard with and itc or in hide tr but you cant see the light because your obvisouly blind as a bat...
    Besides, "complaining" is something you seem to specialize in, not me. I remember you and your cussing and swearing and all those not nice things you've managed to PM me for about 10 minutes straight when I've PWND your HR with a meager, weak, "not PvP worthy" Whisperknife TR

If you manage to pawn me (which i seriously daubt) whith a weak Tr am just another in the club that gets rolled over by a broken class that everybody else is sick and tired of but you just dont get it and will mostly stay the joke you are .....
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    STILL crying after all of this time.

All non Trs are but wait arent you another of those Trs that tells people Tr are just fine its a l2p issue, oh yes you are mkay move on...
  • Options
    piejalpiejal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Do you aware that root can't be stacked?
    do you aware that root feat effect half on player?
    Do you aware that tenacity effect got buff?
    Do you aware that HR need to choose to replace between lone wolf 15 % deflec change or aspect of the serpent 15-30% damage and 2.5-5% crit change?
    do you aware that HR offhand base damage melee only 60% compare to mainhand base damage?
    Do you aware that crit being nerf in next mod? And yet TR still got 100% crit change from stealth? With transq vorp imagine how broken TR will be
    mod 6? The thread will be about OP TR
  • Options
    piejalpiejal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    morenthar wrote: »
    That was profound. Other classes don't need to make choices?

I just wanna tell non HR class that to use crussing root effect we need to give out something in return
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Are you telling me HR Trappers are fine? Then again, I'm not sure what you are trying to convey most of the time. It's the same old rambling, nonsensical, generalized fiction about TRs.

Ok lets sum up the threads about Hr being Op mm 2 and both comes from Trs lets sum up the threads about broken Trs mmm 1000nds and all comes from non Trs even some from Trs.

Lets sum up KD ratio from leaderboard lets sum up the the number of Trs in each pvp match and lets sum up your conclution that Tr is fine and other classes need to l2p and see what we come up with,, yea your a troll Tr that need a reality check mkay..
This discussion has been closed.