test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tiamat male or female ?

clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
edited February 2015 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
I have see some people refer to Tiamat as "her" and others as "he", anyone know which one is correct ?
Post edited by clericalist on

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Female, of course.

People saying "he" are just falling into the pit of absolutely everything in the world being male unless someone tells them otherwise.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Suddenly all the dragon eggs she drops starts to make complete sense. :p
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I dunno if anyone's crazy enough to get close enough to check :P But yeah, Tiamat is referred to as a queen or a goddess in most game lore. So it's a safe bet that Tiamat is a she :P
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited February 2015
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Famous last words of an adventurer:

"Hey, Tiamat, are you a boy or a girl?"

*SPLAT*

Tiamat: "Severin!! I demand you bring me some ketchup! Or wasabi! Even A1 will do!"
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I dunno if anyone's crazy enough to get close enough to check :P But yeah, Tiamat is referred to as a queen or a goddess in most game lore. So it's a safe bet that Tiamat is a she :P

RIP Steve Irwin, the only one that would have been crazy enough to go for it.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    I can wholeheartedly confirm that Tiamat is female. I'd call her a naughty canine word but that would be rude... to the female canines of the world.

*the old mage snickers*
    edited February 2015
    "Crikey! Look at the size of her teeth! What a beautiful, fantastic animal! She's got to have at least five heads!"

Neverwinter Census 2017

• sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    See what happens when you don't put bewbs on the lizard. Peoples get confused.
    edited February 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    See what happens when you don't put bewbs on the lizard. Peoples get confused.

Reminds me of
    http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0676.html

Neverwinter Census 2017

• orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Tiamat is definitely female.

Linu La'Neral: She's almost free, protect us while we try to banish her!

Severin: Dragon queen, you have sent me as your herald!
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Tiamat is definitely female.

Linu La'Neral: She's almost free, protect us while we try to banish her!

Severin: Dragon queen, you have sent me as your herald!

You could put a ♀ sign above each of her five heads and some people would still manage to overlook it. :D
    Artificer.jpg
  • azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well ol' Bahamut's comment about Tiamat, the last time I spoke with 'im, was along the lines of "more, monster than female that old <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>%#!&."
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    Keep in mind, Bahamut is what we call Dragonlance's "Paladine" in the Realms, just as Tiamat is also "Takhisis." They are brother and sister.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I know this sounds silly, but hear me out: Within the D&D setting/lore, do these "gods" have gender for a functional reason, (i.e. they actually mate, give birth, and nurse their offspring), or is there a more "meta-reason" behind this implementation, (like having male & female gods makes it easier for us to relate to them)?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Maybe <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>?
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

edited February 2015
    bioshrike wrote: »
    I know this sounds silly, but hear me out: Within the D&D setting/lore, do these "gods" have gender for a functional reason, (i.e. they actually mate, give birth, and nurse their offspring), or is there a more "meta-reason" behind this implementation, (like having male & female gods makes it easier for us to relate to them)?
    Not silly at all! It's a very valid question. They take on that persona themselves. There are some gods that are worshiped as a male deity while another region or setting worships them as female. However, it is always the god's own personification of themselves that directs this. In a cosmic sense they are neither, they are both. However you want to look at it. :)
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    Not silly at all! It's a very valid question. They take on that persona themselves. There are some gods that are worshiped as a male deity while another region or setting worships them as female. However, it is always the god's own personification of themselves that directs this. In a cosmic sense they are neither, they are both. However you want to look at it. :)

Interesting. So, did the gods have any sort of male/female identity before humanoids existed, (I'm assuming the gods came before the humanoid races - please correct me if I'm wrong)?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited February 2015
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Interesting. So, did the gods have any sort of male/female identity before humanoids existed, (I'm assuming the gods came before the humanoid races - please correct me if I'm wrong)?
    They did because the Primordials have masculinity and femininity, therefore that was already in place and was something that drove their own personification when dealing with the Primordials. Even before the Primordias, Lord Ao personified himself as Male when he created Seluné and Shar, which he personified them as female in their creation. From them, many other deities were born and the personification of a deity's masculinity and femininity became dominant.
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Now I'm curious. Is it the same case with gods like, say, Cyric who were mortals before becoming deities?
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
    edited February 2015
    Now I'm curious. Is it the same case with gods like, say, Cyric who were mortals before becoming deities?
    That's a tricky one. As a full deity now, he may choose whatever gender he decides to manifest as, but also as a god now, he is in raw essence neither male nor female. He portrays himself as male however. If ever he were to drop down to mortal status, he would need to choose his gender or it would be forced upon him based on Lord Ao's creedance. Which, as a DM, I if such were to happen, as Lord Ao I would force him to continue in his masculine nature and be a mortal male once again.