test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

severe reduction ahead in AD gained through leadership

13»

Comments

• ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Anyway, lots of good information posted. My feels are that Leadership is different now, but still extremely useful.

Cryptic could've taken the opportunity to nerf it into the ground, but they didn't. I think it's because their metrics show that it's overwhelmingly being used by regular players to supplement their income, and not abused by bots.

So the title of this thread is wrong.

Checkmatein3 has shown how the AD gains can be similar to the current level of Leadership, albeit level 25 is needed. And I'm pretty confident that the added Refinement stone bags are a boon for the profession.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with the changes.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • t8xt8x Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I only do leadership tasks once per day so this doesn't mean much for me.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I opened up 300 of the Refinement bags.

212 White
    86 Green
    2 Blue

So about 70%/29%/1%, which still puts the expected value of the bag at over 4k AD.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Once you get to level 25, you should be making about the same amount of AD. There's a new 2000 AD task that takes 24 hours.

Plus there's new tasks that reward resonance and other refinement stones, so that's a plus.

I think the adjustments were pretty fair, all in all. I certain like the idea of adding in the tasks that reward RP stuff. That's a substantial boost to the profitability of Leadership.

EDIT: With the changes, Leadership might just become a "check once a day" profession for me. Which I'm fine with, honestly.

Thanks for the enlightening info. That doesn't sound all that bad indeed.
    All the doom and gloom was starting to make me think it would be much worse.
    Artificer.jpg
    edited February 2015
    azahron wrote: »
    All the doom and gloom was starting to make me think it would be much worse.

Welcome to the preview forums. It makes Mos Eisley look like the Romper Room.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Old Leadership Boxes still dont give any profession resources or items above level 20:

[A Barrel of Goods]
    [Large Chest of Goods]

Opened 100 of each and not a single Mod6 item/resource.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• mh0rammh0ram Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm glad so many people don't understand how this works, more money for me.
  • rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    what's that "artifact paraphenalia" item i see on the wiki?

nm, it's power stone bag
  • commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    hanfsalat wrote: »
    Yes I know, but I took the task with the Enchanted Coffers because I think many people will do this task because of the peridots and the 4h duration.

I opened 350 Resonant Bags
    pqFItzk.png
    251x Minor Resonance Stone
    98x Lesser Resonance Stone
    1x Resonance Stone

Are they bound?