Install Arc
Options

severe reduction ahead in AD gained through leadership

Comments

• Options
    hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    hanfsalat wrote: »
    I copied a few characters from live to preview. After that you login to another account on preview and put some items on the AH. With your copied characters you buy these items. Collect the ADs on your alternate account. Put an item onthe AH on your main character you want the ADs on. Logout and purchase the item with the other account.

thus should rename the preview for illusion / hope or a more appropriate name. anyway I thank your answer! I felt a **** :)
  • Options
    sthgodchillasthgodchilla Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    wow!
    after they stole us every good playable way to farm ADs they even take away the leadership which was the last way to get to an amount with which we could catch up to long time players. no chance to participate at the RP market for example then buy it with real money.
    if they want to stop the goldsellers with that they should find a way to stop multiaccounting and sort out the trades that are done.
    but this would take some effort. instead of that they slap the real players again right in the face.
    i didn´t like the heartless way they are designing the game and mod6 doesn´t seem change anything.
    if it´s like that when it goes live it´s time for me to find a game where actually someone cares about a good gaming experince
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2015

That's the wrong bag, friend. These are the new bags that contain RP stones.

MQfXY3q.jpg

What you opened was the equivalent to the next level of Leadership chest.

EDIT: Look at prices for just the Resonance Stones.

White = 1500 AD
    Green = 9000 AD
    Blue = 30,000 AD

So even if you got NOTHING but White stones from bag, that's a substantial improvement when it comes to total wealth generated.

Looking at the Power Stones.

White = 950 AD
    Green = 2300 AD
    Blue = 13,500 AD

Again, for an 8 hour task, that's pretty incredible.

I'm going to get the help of a friend to transfer some AD over on test to see if the stones are BoP, BoA, or what. That will be the big tell here.

I'm honestly hoping for BoA stones...that will be an OUTSTANDING buff to Leadership. If they're not bound, it'll send market prices for RP crashing.

So how about we all take the time to do a little research before we make ugly declarations about the game, the devs and the future of leadership?
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I always loved his optimism but sometimes ends up forgetting the reality and almost total absence of critical sense but OK'm your zerg fan! :)
  • Options
    totallynotfrishtotallynotfrish Member Posts: 89
    edited February 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    So even if you got NOTHING but White stones from bag, that's a substantial improvement when it comes to total wealth generated.
    Sure, it it wasn't overpriced due to almost non existent supply. Still, it beats the spellplague barrels. Just a shame it's a 4 hour task, makes it a pain.
    So how about we all take the time to do a little research before we make ugly declarations about the game, the devs and the future of leadership?
    It doesn't change the fact that the ones he did gave a low return rate.

Personally I predict there's for the most part not going to be any benefit to the extra leadership levels. Leadership is a long term investment and there are a lot of people that aren't too happy. I mean people were saying that artifact gear was meant to be slow, but now it appears that you really can't be expected to do it legit in time... Personally I'd advise people not to make the same mistake twice and not to invest heavily to be BiS only for a way too heavy investment for short term gain.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Rushed my Leadership to 22. Ran out of AD, but I'll get some more this afternoon.

I had enough to open up 47 Artifact bags.

White: 6 Stability, 12 Power, 15 Union
    Green: 3 Stability, 6 Power, 4 Union
    Blue: 1 Union

So that's roughly 70% white, 27% green, 3% blue. Maybe after enough boxes that smooths out to 70/25/5%.

That's really good.

If we can assume a similar curve for the Resonance Stone bag, that means the expected value of each bag is over 4k AD with current prices.

None of the stones coming out of either bag were bound.

If that stays, it's a SUBSTANTIAL buff to Leadership in the form new ways to generate RP.

Personally, I would recommend that Cryptic make all the drops from these bags Bind to Account, unless they really do want to crash the market for RP, which in my opinion, wouldn't be a bad thing...but it does throw another bone to bots, potentially.

I think having these Bind to Account would create substantial downward pressure on the refinement market, without opening up another avenue to botters.

EDIT: It's also a smart move because it reduces the overall amount of AD being generated by Leadership, but replaces it with those RP items. So in a way, it dramatically bends the curve downward for AD being generated by leadership farms. Instead the choice is made to generate RP.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    For completeness sake, here's the Thaumaturge shots. They're the Enchantment/Runestone equivalent to Resonance Stones.

uhnNvFm.jpg
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Actually the drops from the new Enchanted Coffer look good. I never bothered opening Leadership chests, but some R5s, Peridots are worth it imho.

We'll see how it all adds up. I think we absolutely have to get away from the fact that farming with Dragon Hoard Enchants is the only viable way to progress in the RP war and adding minor stuff to the profession is a step in the right direction.
    And yes, should be BtA, please don't make them BoP like the bags.
  • Options
    sthgodchillasthgodchilla Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    they should give RPs as reward for hard dungeons or something like that.
    it´s so idiotic that the game with one of the best action based fighting is degraded to a monoton and boring game experience through grinding and professions...
  • Options
    hanfsalathanfsalat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    That's the wrong bag, friend. These are the new bags that contain RP stones.

Yes I know, but I took the task with the Enchanted Coffers because I think many people will do this task because of the peridots and the 4h duration.

I opened 350 Resonant Bags
    pqFItzk.png
    251x Minor Resonance Stone
    98x Lesser Resonance Stone
    1x Resonance Stone
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    they should give RPs as reward for hard dungeons or something like that.
    it´s so idiotic that the game with one of the best action based fighting is degraded to a monoton and boring game experience through grinding and professions...

I would love to hear their way of thinking here as well.
    Leadership can be botted, so adding RPs to the profession is not the natural way of rewarding the legit player. We haven't seen the new dungeons yet, but at this point it's mandatory that every run nets you a substantial amount of RP from the mobs, boss or DD chest outside the enchantments they already drop. Otherwise I'd consider it a bust. The loot tables for the older dungeons should be upgraded as well.

Another minor yet very effective tweak would be letting the Dragon Hoard and Fey Blessing enchants proc for every kill you contributed to and not only every killing blow. That alone would make running dungeons as effective as boring RP grind in 60 areas. That said, the enchants have to scale to the mob-level beyond level 60 to make this effective, which they currently don't.
  • Options
    checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have a mixed reaction to the proposed changes to leadership.

Lvls 21-25 look very interesting indeed, as shown in the above thread responses. AD + rp + a little gold (worthless, but oh well). The queue times are long, but the AD from the level 25 would only require 2 white levels to reduce it to less than 24 hours. The AD (2000) would be less than if someone could squeeze in 4x Fight Spellplague, but some of us have to sleep. So, if you did 2x Fight Spellplague + 1xCollect Taxes in a 24-hour period (which is what I do for some slots), the total AD would be 1600. Thus, I would get 400 more AD in the same amount of time, and I would not need green, blue, or epic to get it. So, lvl 25 = 3x2000 AD = 6k.

Lvl 20 is the one that concerns me. They increased the time to 16 hours for the same amount of AD and leadership reward. This is concerning because it is now easier to get AD and get more leadership exp from 4x Collect Taxes (3200 AD, 320 exp in 32 hours of queueing) than from 2x Destroy Enemy (3200 AD, 240 exp in 32 hours of queueing. Basically a level 20 task is now worth less than a level 11 one. The chest and the copper do not make up for leadership experience lost. Additionally, it would be easier to stagger the 4x Collect Taxes at 8 hours each than 2x Destroy Enemy at 16 hours each. Also, as already pointed out, to reduce the 16 hours to about 12 will require purchases of rare or epic Leadership resources.
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• Options
    edited February 2015
    A district map costs you about 300-ish AD. So subtract 1200 from that, and you get 2000 "earned" AD from 4x Collect Taxes.

DEC is free.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Just saw this rare task, too. You need one wand of detect aberrant and one wand of detect demons as resources.

iwUcZ9y.jpg
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i think its not meaningfull that 20 lessers from 100 bags unless you have army of leadership alts, if you consider amounts for increased levels. next please ...
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Yes I know, but I took the task with the Enchanted Coffers because I think many people will do this task because of the peridots and the 4h duration.

I opened 350 Resonant Bags
    pqFItzk.png
    251x Minor Resonance Stone
    98x Lesser Resonance Stone
    1x Resonance Stone

Which is great. At the current AH prices, that's over 1.3 million AD, or over 3800 AD/bag.
    vinceent1 wrote: »
    i think its not meaningfull that 20 lessers from 100 bags unless you have army of leadership alts, if you consider amounts for increased levels. next please ...

It's more than you can currently get with Leadership...that's what we're comparing it to.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    more? what more? educate ))

peridots or minor resonance are or will be almost worthless for refining gear over 50 or 70
  • Options
    rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    anybody got the breakdown on level through 25 tasks? haha
  • Options
    checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    A district map costs you about 300-ish AD. So subtract 1200 from that, and you get 2000 "earned" AD from 4x Collect Taxes.

DEC is free.

Not exactly. Only if you buy the maps....

Basically, the 16 hours would give you 1 queue per day for the 1600. And then you would have to fill in with a 6 or 8 hour, without purchasing higher level assets. Since the district map comes from Fight Spellplague, you can probably only get 3 Collect Taxes per day anyway without buying maps. But the loss of AD in buying maps would compensate for the increase in leadership exp and the ability to stagger queues better with lower level assests.

OPTIONS for 9 slots of leadership for AD (not including rare tasks or AD from Invoking):

OPTION 1
    3x Lvl 25--once per day, 2 white assets each, 6000 AD.
    3x Lvl 20--twice per day, 1 epic or 2 blue assets each, 9600 AD.
    3x Lvl 10 (Fight Spellplague)--2x per day, white asset each, 2400AD.
    3x Lvl 11 (Collect Taxes)--1x per day, white asset, 2400AD (no maps purchased).
    ***Realistic time for sleep included***
    ***Number of visits to Professions each day = 3***

Total AD per day = 20400.
    Expenditures to get: Epic assets (1.5Mil ADish) or Blue Assets (1.8Mil ADish) per toon.

OPTION 2:
    3x Lvl 20--once per day, 1 white asset each, 4800 AD.
    3x Lvl 10 (Fight Spellplague)--2x per day, white asset each, 2400AD.
    6x Lvl 11 (Collect Taxes)--1x per day, white asset, 4800AD (3 maps purchased).
    ***Number of visits to Professions each day = 4***

Total AD per day - 18,000 gross (17,100 net)
    Expenditures to get: 900 AD per day.

OPTION 3:
    3x Lvl 20--once per day, 1 white asset each, 4800 AD
    3x Lvl 10 (Fight Spellplague)--2x per day, 1 white asset each, 2400AD.
    3x Lvl 10 (Fight Spellplague)--1x per day, 1 white asset each, 1200AD (not at same time as Spellplague in previous line)
    3x Lvl 11 (Collect Taxes)--1x per day, 1 white asset each, 2400AD (no maps purchased).
    ***Number of Visits to Professions each day = 4***

Total AD per day: 16,800 (this is the affect of the change at lvl 20)
    Expenditures to get: none.

Comparing OPTION 1 to OPTION 3. It would take 416 days and 16 hours to break even on the asset purchases. Then, OPTION 1 would begin providing more AD than OPTION 3.

Comparing OPTION 2 to OPTION 3. Option 2 is superior to Option 3 as long as the price of District Maps does not go above 400 AD/map and you can self-supply 3 maps per day from the Fight Spellplague barrel rewards.

Comparing OPTION 1 to OPTION 2. It would take 454 days and 12 hours to break even on the asset purchases. Then, OPTION 1 would begin providing more AD than Option 2.

FINAL COMPARISON:
    1. If one were to add the planned lvl 25 tasks to the current level 20 task (12 hour task time), one would make 20,400 AD per day, but without the need for epic or rare asset purchases.
    2. If one were to compare current 9 slot AD (similar to an Option 3 at level 20 leadership) to new 9 slot AD (Option 3 at level 25 leadership), the amount of AD earned per day is exactly the same.

CONCLUSION: If you want to continue making AD at the current rate and do not plan on purchasing assets, you must level leadership to 25.
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    <snip>

Checkmate, thanks for doing the math.

So the sky is not falling people: if you only use white assets you will get back to Mod 5 levels of AD production -- or better yet, use some of the new tasks to create the RP that is the main use for AD right now anyways.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Not exactly. Only if you buy the maps....

You can always sell them, though, instead of using them for Collect Taxes. They aren't "free" from the barrels, since using one for Collect Taxes "costs" you the 300 AD you would've gotten from selling them. So with that, it's actually better to do "Fight Spellplagued" simply because you can sell those assets in the bag and get actual Astral Diamonds, instead of RAD.

But even then, as it stands now I don't think you'll even consider doing "Collect Taxes" with the new Refinement bags that drop.

Overall, despite what people are desperately trying to spin, it looks like Leadership actually got buffed. Sure, you have to level it up to get the new benefits, but that's a given.
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    If the RP items from leadership were left unbound I think I would probably be so surprised that I would suffer some kind of seizure .

Better find a comfortable couch. As of right it, it's all unbound.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    totallynotfrishtotallynotfrish Member Posts: 89
    edited February 2015
    I for one would not mind, if cryptic decided to put an end to those leadership exploit armies (i.e. 1 leadership toon per account, would instantly solve the AD botting issue)

If by solve, you mean that people could go from directly or indirectly paying for character slots to creating multiple free accounts, then yes. Also some people have a limit on what they want to spend on pixel stuff they don't actually own. I for one have spent a fair amount and built up an army so that I didn't need to spend thousands which is ridiculous. You're also miles off from what is "driving away valuable, paying customers".
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    snip

Alright, so there's two sides. I am only against 'abusers', not against actual dedicated gamers.

Thanks for the clarification.

• Options
    fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So they almost have to be BTA.

I don't think so. Current peridots, white pearls, and marks are not bound.

Also, you can create only a limited amount per day. Much less than with dragon hoard enchants.

Well, I guess we'll see.
  • Options
    zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Here are the RARE Tasks from Level 21 to 25:

w1y3ya.png
    http://tinypic.com/r/w1y3ya/8

L25 RARE: Wand of Detect Aberrant, Wand of Detect Demon --> Artifact Paraphenalia, 4000 AD, 250 LE
    L24 RARE: Scroll of Mass Protection from Dragons --> Resonant Bag, 1000 AD, 250 LE
    L23 RARE No resource needed --> Encanted Coffer, 250 LE
    L22 RARE: 3x Bandit Camp Clue --> 1500 AD, 250 LE
    L21 RARE: No resources needed --> Thauamturgic Bag, 500 AD, 250 LE

And by the way...
    Protect Diamond Shipment = 14 hours
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    odd "Protect Diamond Shipment" takes less time than "Destroy Enemy Camp".
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    It's more than you can currently get with Leadership...that's what we're comparing it to.

It should be more considering the horrible and awful powercreep and how useless PVE farming is