test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hero of the North pack..Does it transfer over to Xbox One????

purpleorbespurpleorbes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 186 Bounty Hunter
Hello,
Im just wandering about the pc players that bought packs for Neverwinter and if they will transfer over to the Xbox One? And if the whole character/account will transfer?
Thanks and sorry for asking what im assuming is a repeated question.
Post edited by purpleorbes on

Comments

• Options
    woozlewozzlewoozlewozzle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yeah, I want to know about that, items purchased in the f2p shop, codes redeemed, etc.

I also wonder:

Can you use your characters from PC or is this treated as a separate shard?

If a separate shard, can you pay for a character transfer to the Xbox Shard(s)?

If you can use your existing character, will achievements for events that character has already achieved on PC retroactively unlock a la loading a 360 Destiny character on Xbox One?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    The XBOX One Server is a separate server. There will be no cross play or transferring of characters.
  • Options
    woozlewozzlewoozlewozzle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thanks Zeb.

What about account unlocks like store items and content packs?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    Thanks Zeb.

It's not confirmed but I am quite sure that such is all separate, as it doesn't go by Cryptic accounts but is using your Microsoft Account. I'll see if we can get clarification on the forums. Perhaps though, it will be brought up in the Livestream today, as it is a popular question.
  • Options
    enigmaticlyenigmaticly Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thanks Zeb.

Has this been answered yet? I'm sure plenty of people would like to know whether or not they'd be able to take advantage of paying for either the $60 or $200 founders packs for the PC version. I'm not sure anyone would relish having to pay for the same content twice just to play on separate platforms.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Has this been answered yet? I'm sure plenty of people would like to know whether or not they'd be able to take advantage of paying for either the $60 or $200 founders packs for the PC version. I'm not sure anyone would relish having to pay for the same content twice just to play on separate platforms.
    It sounds like this is a no, both are entirely separate releases, but wasn't able to be confirmed for sure right now. Microsoft Accounts are separate from Cryptic Accounts after all.
  • Options
    philparry80philparry80 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Has there been any official word that there will be the Founder Packs for Xbox like on PC?
  • Options
    zombodenzomboden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Has there been any official word that there will be the Founder Packs for Xbox like on PC?

Hopefully, I want to purchase Feywild day one
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    No word that I have heard yet. Sorry.
  • Options
    zombodenzomboden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    No word that I have heard yet. Sorry.

https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame/status/564499885362122752

"@gingerjumper Starter packs and similar materials will be available at launch"

Not a direct answer but it sounds like we're getting some kind of starter packs.
  • Options
    imunrealimunreal Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Would love to know this myself. I want my warlock to be a Dragonborn!
    dogbestfriend.png
  • Options
    odahviing117odahviing117 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    And i want my dragonborn to be unlocked since i already paid for him :(
  • Options
    bdtrybdtry Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It sounds like this is a no, both are entirely separate releases, but wasn't able to be confirmed for sure right now. Microsoft Accounts are separate from Cryptic Accounts after all.

One way to do this would be to have a system where people can link their gamertags with their accounts here using a special generated code on the game/console and they could receive a code to redeem the DLC for free on the xbox. Blizzard has a similar setup to link your gamertag and accounts together for D3.
  • Options
    babalitybabality Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    zomboden wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame/status/564499885362122752

"@gingerjumper Starter packs and similar materials will be available at launch"

Not a direct answer but it sounds like we're getting some kind of starter packs.

Nice!

I hope the Scourge Warlock Booster Pack is one of them.
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited February 2015
    babality wrote: »
    Nice!

I hope the Scourge Warlock Booster Pack is one of them.

I don't think that's quite what he meant.

I want to know if the founders packs items will be available at launch. That's all I need to know at this time because it would be terrible to sign in and find that I don't have any of those items especially the mount considering that I'm going to have to level toons all over again because there will be no PC - Console save transfer feature!
  • Options
    babalitybabality Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I don't think that's quite what he meant.

What do you think he meant then? Scourge Warlock Booster Pack is considered a starter pack.
  • Options
    shelbygt6869shelbygt6869 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2015

yes but you could link the two accounts and let us carry over our chars. and bought Items. I know this because Battle.net did it.
  • Options
    dragonbane1977dragonbane1977 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I think they need to do this, as I dont want to spend another $200 on a founders pack! Make it a one way/one time thing, so when you do, you wont be able to play anymore on PC. ESO is doing this with their Buy to Play model when it launches in June.
  • Options
    cyanidelcyanidel Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Free to play digital download
  • Options
    hydrosmurf75hydrosmurf75 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I think they need to do this, as I dont want to spend another $200 on a founders pack! Make it a one way/one time thing, so when you do, you wont be able to play anymore on PC. ESO is doing this with their Buy to Play model when it launches in June.

ESO is doing a one time "COPY" of your character... So you can still play on both PC/XBOX..

But Cryptic will not do this as it has already said that the PC will always be ahead of the Xbox. So there really is no way for them to transfer a character over from say MOD6- Mod5..

Also it is safer for them in the long run to control the economy and items. ZOS was rumored to be second guessing the platform hopping also for that reason. We will just have to see what happens in June I guess
  • Options
    dragonbane1977dragonbane1977 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    /signed - Please make this happen! As a founder and owner of the Lifetime membership, I would like to transfer this to my xbox one!
  • Options
    saiasancsaiasanc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    yes but you could link the two accounts and let us carry over our chars. and bought Items. I know this because Battle.net did it.

You are incorrect. You could not transfer PC characters to the Xbox version of D3. You could link your account, which gave you a great ring you could start wearing at level 1. But no character transfer. The only character transfer they offered was from Xbox 360 to Xbox One and from PS3 to PS4. But no PC to console transfers.

--Sai
  • Options
    drtardisdrtardis Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The XBOX One Server is a separate server. There will be no cross play or transferring of characters.

Ouch!

Come on, Cryptic... if you want people to adopt MMO's on consoles, you've got to be a little more forward-thinking than this. Some people have spent a lot of money on this game, and to tell them that they have to start over from zero is just unthinkable.
  • Options
    diablodubsdiablodubs Member Posts: 41
    edited March 2015
    I am glad there is no transfer, fresh start.
  • Options
    twinstripeuktwinstripeuk Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    diablodubs wrote: »
    I am glad there is no transfer, fresh start.

I second that. It's not as if an Xbox One version was even announced when they were selling things like the founders packs or DLC, so there can't really be any 'expectation' of character transfer. I'm looking forward to the 'clean sheet' because it also means that a lot of the baggage from the PC version (such as a virtually immediate imbalance in the economy of the auction house), just simply won't be there.
  • Options
    zixxuszixxus Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    The thing is people, is that you are not -required- to stop playing on pc. That being the case, they are not -required- to give you transfer options. I don't really see what the problem is. If you are already playing on pc, why would you want to break everything down that you've worked so hard to achieve, and move to the xbone, which will be at least a month behind the pc version. This isn't a bias post. I've got some bells and whistles too that i stand to lose by playing on the xbox instead. The thing is, i'm not losing anything, I just have the oppurtunity to build a new legacy on a different platform. whatever, im weird.
  • Options
    xdeathspawnxxdeathspawnx Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    One of the most important issues here is that most mmorpg players like to start when everyone else does. How many new players join an mmorpg after its been out for several years like this? Not many. If players were able to start out with everything from PC, many on xbox would be turned off.
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Was the question about the Hero of the North Packs ever answered because I'd really like the items I've already paid for frankly
  • Options
    kurauddokurauddo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Ohhhh no way am I going to bother playing the Xbox One version if I don't have my founder items. I don't care about transferring characters, but I think we should at least have access to our founder pack items.
    =/ I'm not going to pay again to play as the Menzoberranzan Renegade race. That would be frustrating.
  • Options
    krad777krad777 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The founder pack is not even available on xbox one as far as i know, not sure why people would expect it to transfer over.
    "An Idle mind is the devils workshop"
This discussion has been closed.