test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Makos Companion Raffle 2/19 - 2/23

akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
edited February 2015 in News & Announcements
Among the heroes of Neverwinter, the Tiefling Makos is known for his potent magical abilities. From fending off Valindra’s undead army with his powerful fireball spells to binding the soul of a dracolich to prevents its resurrection, Makos is a master of many magical talents. Starting February 19th, you can enter for a chance to have this mysterious Warlock fight by your side!

From February 19th to February 23rd, we will be holding a raffle each day for adventurers who spend 100,000 or more Astral Diamonds in Neverwinter. The prize for this raffle will be a Makos companion!

For more info, check out our blog:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9066293-makos-companion-raffle
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    We'd like to know if the companion is BoE or BoP, and if the entry is made per account or per character, please and thank you.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2015
    Some questions answered:
    1) Quick question, in case anyone knows - do purchases made through the Gateway count for this contest?
    They do!

2) is it one entry per account or can you have one entry per character on the account?
    It's per character. To qualify, the 100k AD needs to be spent on a single character.

3) It says the timer starts running at 12.00 AM PST each day. Does that include today? Since the event wasn't even "live" yet at that point? I already blew most of my AD before the downtime, and my day's already over.
    The entry period started at midnight 2/19, so even if you spent your AD before maintenance, you're entered!

4) Okay, if i exchange 100.000 AD to 200 Zen and buy something from these 200 Zen i am in the raffle?
    As long as you spent the 100,000 AD on a single character, you should be fine :)

5) By the way, Akro. Does the 100k have to be spent on one character/adventurer? Or just across the account?
    It needs to be on a single character.
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So what's to stop someone from buying 200 zen with 100k AD, selling that zen back, then doing it all over again tomorrow?
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I actually like Makos more than I like Knox, but not like this. Maybe if you sell him for 1mill AD I would buy it. I hate lottos. I'll be happy to see more of Makos though.
    Good luck to everyone!
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    So what's to stop someone from buying 200 zen with 100k AD, selling that zen back, then doing it all over again tomorrow?
    With a backlog, you'd not be guaranteed to even make those transactions within the allotted time and even if you could, you'd risk losing a profit. In any case, you'd be contributing to the economy anyway, which is a win-win.
  • yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    With a backlog, you'd not be guaranteed to even make those transactions within the allotted time and even if you could, you'd risk losing a profit. In any case, you'd be contributing to the economy anyway, which is a win-win.
    lol "nice" "answer"
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    yokki1 wrote: »
    lol "nice" "answer"

wow 300 defense cant wait
  • trouble#8887 trouble Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If I buy 200 zen and not spend it, can I get the prize? I need to save my zen for later.
  • azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    akromatik wrote: »
    Some questions answered:
    1) Quick question, in case anyone knows - do purchases made through the Gateway count for this contest?
    They do!

2) is it one entry per account or can you have one entry per character on the account?
    It's per character. To qualify, the 100k AD needs to be spent on a single character.

3) It says the timer starts running at 12.00 AM PST each day. Does that include today? Since the event wasn't even "live" yet at that point? I already blew most of my AD before the downtime, and my day's already over.
    The entry period started at midnight 2/19, so even if you spent your AD before maintenance, you're entered!

4) Okay, if i exchange 100.000 AD to 200 Zen and buy something from these 200 Zen i am in the raffle?
    As long as you spent the 100,000 AD on a single character, you should be fine :)

5) By the way, Akro. Does the 100k have to be spent on one character/adventurer? Or just across the account?
    It needs to be on a single character.

Thanks, Akro! (And Zeb for the help on the other thread!)
    Artificer.jpg
  • alisi1alisi1 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    How do you know if you have actually been entered into the raffle once you have spent over 100k AD?
  • acampposacamppos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hello Akro, i have a doubt. Transactions made in wondrous Bazar also apply to the sale?
  • cococyacococya Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    shadw2012 wrote: »
    Well, i am hoping for it to be BtA in the claims vendor, no reason it should be BoE, or BoP, should be available for all toons if one should win. But, that is just my opinion

That's highly unlikely, considering the fact they've stated you can enter each character on your account for a chance to win.
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Where do you enter the character or is it automatically entered when making the purchase?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    acamppos wrote: »
    Hello Akro, i have a doubt. Transactions made in wondrous Bazar also apply to the sale?
    Yes, Wondrous Bazaar counts.
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    My method... Buy a Greater Mark of Potency for 100k. Sell it on AH for 99.99k.
    Lose about 8000AD. If you plan to upgrade an enchant anyway, you can just
    bank them each day.

EDIT:
    Oh, where are the winner announcements?
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    [1234567890]
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
    edited February 2015
    obsiddia wrote: »
    EDIT:
    Oh, where are the winner announcements?
    In the same news article.

Update: The winners of the Makos companion have been chosen! If you see your name below, check the "Promo" tab at the Rewards Claim Agent in Protector's Enclave.
    - @sanghionc234
    - @brynh19ildr
    - @pilger75
    - @bellyjr
    - @chacaloute
  • xylocainexylocaine Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have one & I can confirm that this companion is BoE. :)