test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

First it was Knox , now there's a Makos companion , who next?

iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Spend 100000 AD anywhere ingame and get entered into a raffle to win Makos http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9066293-makos-companion-raffle -

<removed incorrect tool-tip to not confuse anyone>

who would you like to see next? , for me it has to be Minsc and Boo xD
YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Spend 100k AD for each day's entry, no Zen required.

I actually saw one of the people who ended up with a Sgt. Knox during Simril. It was weird because the character leading him around had practically nothing else, so I guess collecting and showing off companions really was that player's thing.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The tooltip in the news picture was taken from an Elemental Evil build and thus has the bugged Expert/Master powers.

For a live-server tooltip brought to you through the magic of our wiki, see http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Makos_(companion)
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Spend 100k AD for each day's entry, no Zen required.

I actually saw one of the people who ended up with a Sgt. Knox during Simril. It was weird because the character leading him around had practically nothing else, so I guess collecting and showing off companions really was that player's thing.

Troll idea: have the knox companion stand next to knox to mess with people.
  • azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Are you excited for a chance to traverse the Forgotten Realms with a Neverwinter icon? Let us know on the Neverwinter forums!

No, not at all. RNG absolutely hates my guts. And having it be some gamble makes me pretty meh about the whole thing.
    Then again, it also won't affect my usual playstyle. So no harm done.
    Artificer.jpg
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    edited February 2015
    It's not really a big deal. If you needed to buy something like GMoPs, spread them out over the weekend and you get some entries. If you weren't going to, then ignore it, just like any lottery.

It's one of the things that players requested on seeing that the buy-in was set so high for events like the Mysterious Egg (1.2m). Give us a cheaper companion lottery and we'll play just for a chance, but don't lock us out for not having millions of AD.

I actually think this is even better because you get the entry not by buying a ticket, but by buying something else you wanted anyway, so good going.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2015
    The blog tooltip has been fixed. Thanks for pointing that out!
  • azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    akromatik wrote: »
    The blog tooltip has been fixed. Thanks for pointing that out!

By the way, Akro. Does the 100k have to be spent on one character/adventurer? Or just across the account?
    Artificer.jpg
    edited February 2015
    Please let us know if the companion will be BoE or BoP.

I'd also like to confirm that it's your account that will be entered in the draw, not the character who spends the AD.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Please let us know if the companion will be BoE or BoP.

I'd also like to confirm that it's your account that will be entered in the draw, not the character who spends the AD.

Ditto. Same two questions. BOE/BOP? Account/Character?
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • ybrek66ybrek66 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Please explain to me the 100k per day idea. Are you trying to anger your more casual player base by teasing them with something they simply can't afford to participate in? With rough astral diamond refining limited to 24k per day you are introducing an event that excludes about 50% (or more) of a given server's player base! Maybe raise the refining cap during the event to 100k AD per 24 hours to allow more of us a chance? More than just the end game and hardcore player base has spent real money to support this game, don't you think that percentage of your players deserves a shot at winning this companion? Or was this a ploy to encourage more of us to buy Zen and flood the exchange??
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ybrek66 wrote: »
    Please explain to me the 100k per day idea. Are you trying to anger your more casual player base by teasing them with something they simply can't afford to participate in? With rough astral diamond refining limited to 24k per day you are introducing an event that excludes about 50% (or more) of a given server's player base! Maybe raise the refining cap during the event to 100k AD per 24 hours to allow more of us a chance? More than just the end game and hardcore player base has spent real money to support this game, don't you think that percentage of your players deserves a shot at winning this companion? Or was this a ploy to encourage more of us to buy Zen and flood the exchange??

You do realise you're not obligated to participate? It's not like it's a super OP companion.
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    How does this raffle work with the spending?
    Where do i spend it? Must it be money => zen => AD => Spend anywhere or only "Spend AD Anywhere" to participate in it?
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    karakla1 wrote: »
    How does this raffle work with the spending?
    Where do i spend it? Must it be money => zen => AD => Spend anywhere or only "Spend AD Anywhere" to participate in it?
    It says, right in the article itself. :)
    The Astral Diamonds can be spent in anywhere in-game (Zen Exchange and Auction House included) and you don’t need to spend them all in one place. As long as you spend a total of 100,000 Astral Diamonds in Neverwinter within a given day’s entry period, you’ll be entered to win!
    edited February 2015
    Okay, if i exchange 100.000 AD to 200 Zen and buy something from these 200 Zen i am in the raffle?
    plat.png
    edited February 2015
    Okay, if i exchange 100.000 AD to 200 Zen and buy something from these 200 Zen i am in the raffle?

No. You have to spend your AD on the AH or in the Wondrous Bazaar.

Seriously, just buy a GMoP or something.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't notice that it said you could buy Zen as well.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited February 2015

If I'm understanding it correctly, you don't even have to spend that 200 Zen.
    Artificer.jpg
    edited February 2015
    Also, another question.
    It says the timer starts running at 12.00 AM PST each day. Does that include today? Since the event wasn't even "live" yet at that point? I already blew most of my AD before the downtime, and my day's already over. (Stupid time zones)

If it actually counted already before the downtime, I can still qualify for today's raffle. Otherwise... I guess the event starts one day later (and lasts one day less) for me on the count of being European.
    Artificer.jpg
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    @Akromatic - is it one entry per account or can you have one entry per character on the account?

I actually think this is even better because you get the entry not by buying a ticket, but by buying something else you wanted anyway, so good going.

I totally agree , I think this is a really fair and reasonable way to do giveaways like this , kudos to whoever thought of it.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
    edited February 2015
    Will we have another chance to get our hands on Knox?
    plat.png
  • actausactaus Member Posts: 64
    edited February 2015
    Knox first, then Makos... hmm, 4 main characters from the official trailer? then probably Cleric (girl) or Rouge (girl) xD
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Quick question, in case anyone knows - do purchases made through the Gateway count for this contest?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Quick question, in case anyone knows - do purchases made through the Gateway count for this contest?

Even if they should count I'd probably make sure to do it in the client anyways. Too often it seems with things like this the gateway can bug out.

The only thing that gets me is, where's my meteor blast?
    edited February 2015
    Here's some answers from Akro:
    azahron wrote: »
    Also, another question.
    It says the timer starts running at 12.00 AM PST each day. Does that include today? Since the event wasn't even "live" yet at that point? I already blew most of my AD before the downtime, and my day's already over. (Stupid time zones)

If it actually counted already before the downtime, I can still qualify for today's raffle. Otherwise... I guess the event starts one day later (and lasts one day less) for me on the count of being European.
    "The timer started at midnight 2/19, so even if you blew all your AD before maint, you're good."
    "That's fine. As long as 100,000 AD was spent from your account, you're in."

We'll answer more as we get answers!

The official post is now up, so closing this one. If your question hasn't been answered, please ask it here.

Update: Akro answered some more of your questions over there! Go see! :)
This discussion has been closed.