test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Chat Server Offline

learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
edited February 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
alll chat is off line in game now
Post edited by learch123 on

Comments

• Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    As the title says, chat is messed up. When I first got on, it told me I was in no custom channels and I couldn't speak in one, until someone spoke first. I typed a line that showed up, then another that didn't. When I switched toons, I saw what my alt had typed. It still says I'm in no custom channels, even though it's showing text from one.

Also, when I hit O, it told me I had never brefreinded anyone, although I got a notification when one logged on.
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited February 2015
  • Options
    polymemepolymeme Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    My friends/ignore list is also offline.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    polymeme wrote: »
    My friends/ignore list is also offline.

Always happens when the chat server bugs out. It'll be back.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i also can't check my mail

to add to the list, awaiting fix.
  • Options
    poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Also, friend list is loading empty.
    And trying to send mail gives: "Error: Internal Chat Server Error".
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Chat, mail, friends list - all offline. Good to see we're still getting those oh-so-important lockbox admin notifications.
  • Options
    katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    hehe, if I remember correctly, last time this happened people were forced to use queues to join stuff. Imagine the horror. And no Tiamat timers! it's almost like we're being forced to play the game the way they intended!
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I can't do anything in game. I don't see /lfg or /zone I can't even /say.

Edit.

So a moderator is collating these threads into one but not maintaining any order or anything resembling logical discussion. Why bother? Why not just delete them?

Brilliant. Mensa candidates.

(I guess I'm not surprised)
  • Options
    katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Here's what I reccomend you do:
    - Use the queues like they were intended!
    - Discover that Tiamat timers aren't necessary for success!
    - Play NW without gold spammers

I guess this isn't too bad, means I can play the game without having to worry about moderating legit at all :P
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    blackylukeblackyluke Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    < message dongered >
  • Options
    sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    On the plus side, at least I can still see when someone wins from a lock box. That part of the chat system works still
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • Options
    kulturnykulturny Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Same here. All channels except 'say' are gone for me. All my custom channel subscriptions have disappeared and so are the lfg, trade, guild, whatnot. Screen attached.

15oic1l.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Using the queues as intended groups you randomly with people you don't know, and in my experience it ends in frustration and misery 9 times out of 10. You end up with a CW who thinks he's a tank and a DC who can't stay alive long enough to heal anyone.
    I don't see much gold spam. Mostly because I have zone chat turned off, and I only talk to my guildmates.
    Just not going into a tiamat discussion. It always makes that vein in my forehead pop out.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    All these issues happen when the chat server goes down. Your missing channels and friends will re-appear when it is brought back up.
  • Options
    kulturnykulturny Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Will that be transparent or require to take down the server again?
    Thanks for the quick post, really appreciate the attention this issue is getting. Very frustrating for players.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    kulturny wrote: »
    Will that be transparent or require to take down the server again?
    Thanks for the quick post, really appreciate the attention this issue is getting. Very frustrating for players.
    That depends but in most cases, chat can be resolved without messing with the game server. Chat uses its own servers and are independent, for the most part, of the game and login servers. We'll let you know when we have more info.
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    hehe, if I remember correctly, last time this happened people were forced to use queues to join stuff. Imagine the horror. And no Tiamat timers! it's almost like we're being forced to play the game the way they intended!

Well if the average player now days wasn't a socially challenged, self-entitled, self-centered brat using the queues would be awesome.... BUT....

You gotta deal with the ADHD tool that's speed running thru the dungeon worrying about the useless damage report that is never accurate because said idiot is running ahead of the group getting 25%+ dps time.

You gotta deal with the dysfunctional goobers that votekick people right after loot drops.

You gotta deal with the creepy creeps that can't seem to comprehend that some people have lives and don't play 60 hours a week and haven't min/maxed their toon to within .00001% of the mathematical theoretical max dps.

I wish there was a toggle that allowed you to queue for people that like to enjoy the ride and aren't in a hurry to rush thru the dungeon buy yet seem to be in a hurry to get right back to town waiting in the queue again.
  • Options
    knoebelsknoebels Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ^^ and people stealing my exact thoughts. how dare you ninja my thoughts
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Update from the Devs (notice added to launcher):
    We are currently experiencing issues with in-game chat. Engineers are working to resolve the issue.
  • Options
    samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    Update from the Devs (notice added to launcher):
    We are currently experiencing issues with in-game chat. Engineers are working to resolve the issue.

I'm also having really bad server issues, hopefully the two are related and it goes away soon ^^
    ────────────────────────────
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
    ────────────────────────────
  • Options
    juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well at least I can play without having to worry about guild administration for a little while...
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Mail is also does not seem to work.
    Edit : Game crashes constantly on switching chars.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    thedemien wrote: »
    Mail is also does not seem to work. at least can not send items.
    Aye, mail is a part of the chat server. It is also affecting bringing preview back up too it seems.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    FWIW I am not having any issues at all beyond the chat server being down.
  • Options
    rannonhurannonhu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2015
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Since nobody else cares to update this thread: chat is back online. Thread can be closed.
    Sorry, I was eating dinner! :)

Chat is back!
This discussion has been closed.