test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Elemental Evil Preview Patch Notes NW.45.20150210a.2

Comments

• hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    still argue that certain stats should be exclusive to certain classes and this does not include LF for all as to make 1 char a "rainbow party"!
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Loving the new TR encounters!!!
    WOW!! lvl 65 aoe slash!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • free2payfree2pay Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    There is no visible head injury on his head. There should be one. There is no voice acting in the cutscene.

Question :
    Will we be seeing more well known NPCs from Baldur's Gate?
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    panderus wrote: »
    Classes and Balance
    • General
      • Life Steal: Your AoE powers now have 30% of normal Life Steal chance.

Can I ask is this 30% overall. (so you hit 6 mobs with you aoe, your base chance is 10% so its 3% at 30% effiency.) Or does it recalculate for each target (ie you hit 6 mobs, 3% on each mob separate calculations, so 3% 5 times)
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    free2pay wrote: »
    There is no visible head injury on his head. There should be one. There is no voice acting in the cutscene.
    As the notes say, he's currently using Karzov's model. That's definitely not final.
  • blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Actually, I'm not half as excited about the lv 70, paladin, new stat curves etc. as about seeing MINSC in the game :)
    Well done, please bring us the old voice actor, he would'nt be the same without him.
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
  • free2payfree2pay Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    As the notes say, he's currently using Karzov's model. That's definitely not final.

That's a relief to hear. I'll take this chance to point out that if his background is a continuation from events from the Baldur's Gate series, i.e. he's been through the ordeal with the main protagonist, then this Minsc should be as EPIC as Elminster. His gears MUST be GRAND and EPIC. I mean he alone can take out THAT DEMI-LICH (if you know which one I'm refering to) with his berserk. At the end of the days, he must stand out above the crowd in Protector's Enclave, heck he's one of the rare living individual in the realms who's been to hell and back. Valindra would not even stand 1s against him.
  • l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    @ Pandarus

I like the Class its really quite fun and alot of the skills work well together one thing I dont see however is the Shield Being used

No Dailys
    No Ecounters
    * 1 At Will skill kinda uses it like T/Rush

Comments ?

Cough cough Give us a 2 handed Mace :)
  • caewincaewin Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Six modules in, NPCs still hover unnecessarily close. Could we please fix this? Pretty please with a elemental water seed on top?
  • healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    What are the xp and rp requirements for bringing character level, professions, artifact and artifact gears from their current caps to the new caps?
  • angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    With the 30% chance of x% chance for lifesteal to work via AOE encounters, I would have to say lifesteal is almost 100% useless for a CW on any single target fight. The best encounter setup for damage/chills for a cw includes 3 - 4 AOE encounters even for single target fights.
    On test with 14% lifesteal (some new nerf it looks like since I was at 20%+ at lvl 70) I can go through 2 or 3 HE waves without lifesteal even proccing. Other times it's procing for 75k+ every few seconds. On single target fights, don't even count on it procing with the RNG from this game.

On a sidenote, who thought the "If the target is below 280% weapon damage, they are killed instantly" effect on the new Disintegrate ability would be good???? The encounter damage does more than the 280% weapon damage on its own..../scratcheshead

Also, the graphics skin load on test seems to be worst than on live currently even with minimal population in PE. I'm guessing there was some change to graphics engine?
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    With the 30% chance of x% chance for lifesteal to work via AOE encounters, I would have to say lifesteal is almost 100% useless for a CW on any single target fight. The best encounter setup for damage/chills for a cw includes 3 - 4 AOE encounters even for single target fights.

It should be tuned so that, if an AoE hits 1 or 2 targets, the chance is "normal" (as shown on paperdoll), if it hits 3 or more it's decreased to 30%, otherwise you should constantly swap powers based on the encounter ahead and it quickly gets pretty unmanageable...
  • ucanthandleucanthandle Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I am glad lifesteal is reduced. Dps should not self heal more than what a healer can heal them for. Being vulnerable will make healers wanted again. It will also give a reason for tanks to be used. People need to stop complaining about AOE having less chance to heal than single target. Many AOE still outdamage single target spells. Everything should not be an AOE fest of self healing immortal characters. I for one think this will move the game in a much needed direction.
    edited February 2015
    I am glad lifesteal is reduced. Dps should not self heal more than what a healer can heal them for. Being vulnerable will make healers wanted again. It will also give a reason for tanks to be used. People need to stop complaining about AOE having less chance to heal than single target. Many AOE still outdamage single target spells. Everything should not be an AOE fest of self healing immortal characters. I for one think this will move the game in a much needed direction.

Lifesteal was way overboard, but do you feel that AOE attacks should do less overall lifesteal than single target attacks (total actual healing done)?

Regarding "Many AOE outdamage single target spells"...yea that's exactly what I am saying. CW single target damage is very low, pretty much configured for PVP single target control in their current incarnations. As such for PVE, AOE encounters are often used because they didn't get nerfed as badly as the single target abilities (thanks to procs mostly). That being said, the referenced situation was using an AOE encounters on a single (1) target. As such they are used as single target encounters.

Edit: Also, I think the current lifesteal implementation on test is a bad design. Personally I would raise the proc chance, and reduce the severity.
    edited February 2015
    Much Wanted Mod 6 Update:
    Please: QUADRUPLE the target dummy health. They have been in a broken state since Tiamat came out, and aren't any better at level 70.
    Once the health of the target dummies is pushed to 0 (damage spike), they stop taking any ground based damage attacks.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    In my opinion, these changes to lifesteal are in the right direction. We don't all need to be self-healers regardless of the class we play. Thank you for bringing back a reason for wanting a healing cleric (or upcoming paladin) in the party. Adapt or die, the way it should be. Heck, I don't even use Lifesteal on any of my wizards, nor my GFs, or my HRs, and they're all fine. Only one of my TRs uses lifesteal and they're all fine. Only one of my GWFs uses lifesteal, and they're all fine.

I'd rather play the game, combat mechanically speaking, the way The Devs and WotC intend. Not the way some seem to want to be gods at everything on every class. I welcome back the Holy Trinity to the one game brand it truly belongs in. This DPS/Self heal zerg mindset does not belong in a D&D game in my opinion.

Geas is removed quite easily. That's not much damage it needs to break its effect.

I've always maintained that regen in its present form is infinitely more useful than lifesteal, but then again my main is an archer HR set up for tankiness rather than DPS (due entirely to those absurdly strong adds in Tiamat and the paltry AC that all rangers get). The removal of regen from combat is infinitely more vexing to me (and, to not put too fine a point on it, illogical to the point of seeming arbitrary).
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    edited February 2015
    The health of the mobs in the level 70 dungeons needs to be drastically increased. Running through the currently available level 70 dungeons with rank 12 enchants, and level 60 gear/artifacts, is ridiculously easy.

Also, In dungeons with AOE mobs, lifesteal feels very powerful still.
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Much Wanted Mod 6 Update:
    Please: QUADRUPLE the target dummy health. They have been in a broken state since Tiamat came out, and aren't any better at level 70.
    Once the health of the target dummies is pushed to 0 (damage spike), they stop taking any ground based damage attacks.

---also I'd like to see (maybe a 1st day of the 4th month type thing), the combat dummies, after a certain amount of damage return with a Lunge attack (no damage).

Story: Some Uber-Geared Rogue demonstrating his godly attacks to a group of newbies only to be slapped across the room and slammed against the wall. The newbies laugh!!!

EMBARRASSING!!! :o

Anyway, that's not what I wanted to talk about.

"Social aggro has been adjusted so nearby enemies are more likley to attack you when you have aggroed another enemy in that encounter."

Will a GF's Taunt also have a chance to draw the whole mob and/or will a companion draw 3 more mobs more than usual?
  • xd108xxd108x Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    People's reliance on stats like lifesteal to keep them alive no matter how they act in group content has long been an issue for me in this game, so I am quite happy for the changes to it in the hope that it might encourage players to think more about how they play and improve the need for a tank and/or healer in the group.

I can see why they would lower the proc chance for AoE skills too as that has long been something that needs addressing, due to the massive amount of hp classes like CWs and HRs could regain - which only encourages many players to act thoughtlessly like charging into several enemies and relying on lifesteal to out-heal damage that should kill them for acting in such a way. Besides its not as much as a nerf as you may think as the more enemies you hit the higher the more likely it will proc on one or more of them, just not in a way that would allow you to act like I mentioned above.
  • doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    is anyone else stuttering a lot in the preview? After one of the patches last week or the week before has caused the game to start stuttering, its playable but really hurts my eyes after a short time so I pretty much quit playing on the preview. I can't seem to find any settings to fix this, advanced settings of turning multi core rendering off did nothing, lowered graphics settings did nothing I'm at a loss.

Running an AMD FX9370 CPU 8 core and HD7970 video gigahertz with 3GB RAM and my system RAM is 8GB 1866.
  • dragonikingdragoniking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 18
    edited February 2015
    The health of the mobs in the level 70 dungeons needs to be drastically increased. Running through the currently available level 70 dungeons with rank 12 enchants, and level 60 gear/artifacts, is ridiculously easy.

Angrymanagemet - In the other side try to ride dungeon on new set green and blue at lvl 70 and than talk about dmg and health.
    edited February 2015
    Angrymanagemet - In the other side try to ride dungeon on new set green and blue at lvl 70 and than talk about dmg and health.

What would that matter?
    If they are adding "end game" content, it needs to be of some challenge to any 70 of any gear level.
    That being said the level 70 blue weapons have more damage on them that my legendary weapon.
    The Green level 70 gear has far more stats than my dyed HV set (which has like level 40 stats due to dye bug on test).
    The only thing on my test 70 character currently that is better than what would be expected on level 70 quest drops are 3 rings (upgraded to lvl 25), and artifacts/companions.
    There are some completely broken feats on test right now (including cw renegade), but even when I stood back & just watched the other 4 players hit the mobs, they were falling over dead like quest mobs almost.

The only thing we could find that could be said to present challenge to 1 group of 70s was the epic Black Ice HE in IWD, and I think the only reason that seemed challenging was because the main worm keeps going underground to break up the fight.
    edited February 2015
    Also, there is a reason I say up the HP & didn't say up the damage.
    Mobs in some of the 70 dungeons don't hit hard at all, & I am guessing that is because they haven't been upscaled yet.
    Mobs in 1 or 2 of the 70 dungeon do hit pretty hard (at least on squishy classes) with 1 shot/near 1 shot results on 44k health.
    I am not a fan of 1 shot mechanics, though they do have their place.
    From my experience, I would say as long as the mobs are capable of killing players through multiple hits, one of the best challenge increases is just to make the fight last longer so that people have more chances to screw up & miss a dodge, run out of stamina, miss a CD ect.
    edited February 2015
    Additional item. On live enabling SLI causes the game client to randomly crash. This started at Mod 4 I think it was.
    On test, I have not had any game crashes with SLI enabled. Not sure if this was related to an intended change, but I like it....and I'm hoping its not just some fluke.
  • jwmousejwmouse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 52
    edited February 2015
    Additional item. On live enabling SLI causes the game client to randomly crash. This started at Mod 4 I think it was.
    On test, I have not had any game crashes with SLI enabled. Not sure if this was related to an intended change, but I like it....and I'm hoping its not just some fluke.

They need to do something about the paladin damage. When it takes wwell over a min to kill the small dragons in wod being I'm lvl 70 is just <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. After about 50 hits or more they finally die. Forget about the ones that throw up shield that are immune cause they just about stay immune cause of the damage being deal to them
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited February 2015

So you're saying that Being BiS with MAXED OUT gear, makes PVE too easy?..... Try running it with a level of gear that most players will have. like rank 6-7 max and maybe 1 legendary arti rest epics... If the game is balanced for the TOP BIS gear, who don't even need the dungeon drops. its silly.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • deathpwny22deathpwny22 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rversant wrote: »
    So you're saying that Being BiS with MAXED OUT gear, makes PVE too easy?..... Try running it with a level of gear that most players will have. like rank 6-7 max and maybe 1 legendary arti rest epics... If the game is balanced for the TOP BIS gear, who don't even need the dungeon drops. its silly.

Lv 60 gear will no longer be BiS, not even people's precious black ice. If it's that easy with the current gear, then the dungeons should be raised in difficulty significantly.
  • s1lv3rdrgnforums1lv3rdrgnforum Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    hate to break it you .. but t2 gear and t2.5 gear like black ice will have their item level changed so they arent "level 60" gear.. as a matter of fact, Black Ice gear, Draconic and Draconic Templar are still at the high end. New PVP gear with a nod to the elemental is now BiS for some classes but it's still PVP gear which means you need glory to buy it --- which isnt going to appeal to the majority of NW players.

You should probably do some dungeon runs on preview before passing judgement based on assumptions :) (and be careful of dyed gear, it will not get updated to it's correct item level).
    Bedlam: Creating chaos as a MI Exec TR
    Avariel Merilwen: Burn baby, MoF/Rene
    Aejun The Silver: Devoted to Healing, DevOP/Justice
    Mina Rosepetal: Super Natural, Pathfinder/Melee
    Frost: Benchwarmer, Soulbinder/Fury
  • dragonikingdragoniking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 18
    edited February 2015
    mattock13 wrote: »
    So, I attempted to do Mithral Mine with my level 60 paladin. I wasn't having problems with the dragon cult outside of the mine. Once I entered, the first mob of black dragons beat the heck out of me. I barely made it back out of there. Not only did they hit very hard but my damage was low enough that the fight took a while. I'm fairly well geared too.

Has anyone else had this experience with the lairs? I'm thinking that the scaling needs adjusted but wanted to double check before leaving feedback.

me like i write few post up, some mobs are almost immortal to paladyn weared in blue and green gear even if i have rank 10 Stones, same situatin in well of dragons and icewind dale. But why i can defeat monster easily with my DC lvl 60 with T2 gear with lower stat than new gear lvl 70?
  • charkanramoncharkanramon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bug: Mystic Phoera

Power "Phoenix Heat" is stopping working when the companion hit level 35
This discussion has been closed.