test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Elemental Evil Preview Patch Notes NW.45.20150210a.2

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
Classes and Balance
  • General
    • A new secondary Artifact slot will be unlocked at level 70.
    • Life Steal: Your AoE powers now have 30% of normal Life Steal chance.
    • Stats: Hit Points granted for equipment over level 60 has been greatly increased, up to double what previous values were in some cases.
  • Devoted Cleric
    • Geas: You compel target creature to not attack you or your allies for up to 60 seconds. This effect is broken if the creature takes more than 500% of your weapon damage. This effect may only be on one creature at a time. This effect reduces the damage a player does by 95% and lasts 10 seconds on players. 10s CD. Divine: Compel a target to stand still for 6 seconds. Subsequent casts on the same target have drastically reduced effect. Empowered: Increases the duration of the Geas by 10 seconds per stack.
    • Warding Flare: You place a divine light that periodically shields nearby allies, blocking up to X damage. Divine: Place a direct damage shield on target ally for 6 seconds that absorbs up to X Empowered: Duration increased by 2 seconds per stack.
  • Oathbound Paladin
    • Has updated icons, ooo shiny!
    • Circle of Power: You generate a zone of control 30' wide. This zone improves all damage you deal by 30% and lasts 20 seconds. 45s Colldown. Protection: You also gain 25% Damage Resistance. Devotion: You gain 30% more healing.
    • Divine Lunge: You rush to the target, dealing damage driving back all other foes within 15' of the target. Protection: All targets are Taunted. Devotion: You can now rush to allies, pushing away any foes within 30' of them.
    • Many powers have received updated animations and FX such as Shield of Faith, Heroism and Smite.
    • Powers now go up to Rank 4.
    • Sanctuary now correctly affects allies.
    • The Bulwark feat tree is now available.
  • Scourge Warlock
    • Dark Revelry adds Power instead of damage.
    • Feat: Hope Stealer: Now grants 5.5/11/16.5 Life Steal Rating per level (up from 1.5/3/4.5 per level).
    • Feat: Soul Bonding: This Feat has been reworked. Your powers now heal your allies for a percentage of their damage equal to your Life Steal chance. This effect is 30% as effective on Area of Effect powers. The healing component of your Vampiric Embrace now also heals nearby allies for 100% of its value.

Content and Environment
  • Go for the eyes!" with Minsc (and Boo) in three new Elemental Evil introduction quests. See Knox or Minsc near the new Elemental Tree of Balance in Protector's Enclave. (Minsc does not yet have a final costume, but by the GODS does the Karzov placeholder look heroic)
  • Drowned Shore: Content flow has been reworked, if you are unable to continue questing in this zone, please go to Protector's Enclave and try the Intro quests and try again. Failing that, please reimport your character.
  • Drowned Shore: There is now an intro cutscene for this zone the first time it is entered to foreshadow Crabs, Sea Trolls and more.
  • Temple of the Spider: The amount of enemies in each encounter has been reduced so there is generally no more than 5 enemies at once.
  • Social aggro has been adjusted so nearby enemies are more likley to attack you when you have aggroed another enemy in that encounter.

Items and Economy
  • Professions: Jewelcrafting: The level cap for Jewelcrafting has been raised to 25 and new recipes have been added."
  • Professions: Tailoring: The level cap for Tailoring has been raised to 25 and new recipes have been added."

User Interface
  • Characters can now be reliably deleted again.
  • Invocation rewards and UI is receiving an update and does not currently work properly.
  • Targeting with AOE powers will now snap to the feet of your current target if you have one.
Post edited by panderus on

Comments

• panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2015
    This is going to Preview as I write this. ETA of 4:30 pm PST.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thanks for giving us more stuff to chew on for the weekend Pandaman.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    panderus wrote: »
    A new secondary Artifact slot will be unlocked at level 70.

Seriously? We need less powercreep not more. This is bad.
  • rodrant64rodrant64 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Classes and Balance

yay!

I was hoping all 3 would be available, but I guess this means Bulwark will get some good focused testing.
    Just call me Rod. Member of Grievance!
    CW: Rodrant Turnbul
    TR: Rodran
    DC: Rodrat
    GWF: ROARdrant TurnBRAWL
    Other GWF: Shieldrant
    HR: Bowdrant
    SW: Wardrant Turnlock (my main!)
    OP: Paladrant (on Preview!)
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Classes and Balance
    Life Steal: Your AoE powers now have 30% of normal Life Steal chance.

could you please try old life steal with aoe powers granting only 30% of the heal for a week in preview, that might be enough to keep the much superior reliable life steal
    Paladin Master Race
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    Content and Environment
    • Go for the eyes!" with Minsc (and Boo) in three new Elemental Evil introduction quests. See Knox or Minsc near the new Elemental Tree of Balance in Protector's Enclave. (Minsc does not yet have a final costume, but by the GODS does the Karzov placeholder look heroic)
    Take heart fellow adventurers, for you have curried the favor of Boo, The only miniature giant space hamster in the Realm. My friend and companion ever since my h-h-head wound, he will lead us to victory! Onward to the Gnoll Stronghold to the west! Tarry not! We must go soon!

It now all comes full circle! Huzzah!
    Kevin Martens stated "Well, Minsc is popular. You like Minsc. We like Minsc. Neverwinter is so far away. That is all that I have to say."
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Geas: You compel target creature to not attack you or your allies for up to 60 seconds. This effect is broken if the creature takes more than 500% of your weapon damage. This effect may only be on one creature at a time. This effect reduces the damage a player does by 95% and lasts 10 seconds on players. 10s CD. Divine: Compel a target to stand still for 6 seconds. Subsequent casts on the same target have drastically reduced effect. Empowered: Increases the duration of the Geas by 10 seconds per stack.

I wonder if companions will attack and break the geas.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    Moderator Notice:

Some doomsaying and unconstructive replies have been removed. Folks, before jumping on the doomwagon, please consider testing the announced changes before out-right hollering against such changes.

Please do not reply to this moderator notice, for doing so is not allowed. Instead, contact us via Private Message to discuss forum moderation. Thanks!

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    [ RoC | ToS | Support ]
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Oh wow , lvl 25 jewelcrafting gear is nice xD +394 on two stats and two slots for belts and rings and +433 on two stats and two slots for neck items xD

And the new lvl 70 CW shirt is yummy xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • rovadixrovadix Member Posts: 55
    edited February 2015
    can you make screenshots of new jewelcrafting gear, please?
  • joocycuzzzzzzjoocycuzzzzzz Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Lol a 4th artifact slot.... Unbelievable.

Glad I didn't discard/destroy my two other epic artifacts. Gonna take A WHILE to get one of them to Legendary like my 3 others... dear God.
    Beta player

One of the many Control Wizards that misses Shard Of The Endless Avalanche. RIP Shard (Beta-Mod3)
  • fr0gurtfr0gurt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Classes and Balance
    • Scourge Warlock
      • Feat: Hope Stealer: Now grants 5.5/11/16.5 Life Steal Rating per level (up from 1.5/3/4.5 per level).

I think you mean the Tier 3 Heroic feat Soul Reaping instead of Hope Stealer?
  • murthag1990murthag1990 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    lol seriously panderus a 4th artifact and and you can rank it up to 140?!? I got my gwf artifact up to 136 and i get 2.2k hp 880 power and 700 arp this is ridiculous :S
    Black Turtle TryhartzIV
    Deadpool // HR
    Shakur // Tr
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    lol seriously panderus a 4th artifact and and you can rank it up to 140?!? I got my gwf artifact up to 136 and i get 2.2k hp 880 power and 700 arp this is ridiculous :S

what the hell? the first patch notes said you can rank it up to 120 only? now its 140?
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Aren't GWFs being punished further with the new life steal nerf?
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ghoulz66 wrote: »

It brings everyone close together ls wise, from GF to CW. This means in theory they could tune mob damage better now.
  • murthag1990murthag1990 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    what the hell? the first patch notes said you can rank it up to 120 only? now its 140?

Yes man its silly but true =/ and you can upgrade it with guess what 5x g. mark of potency and it takes me 2 legendary power artifacts to reach 136, so its around 6mio rp :S No icon display atm but maybe we get PURE arifacts -.-
    Black Turtle TryhartzIV
    Deadpool // HR
    Shakur // Tr
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ghoulz66 wrote: »

In fact, GWFs might have the better deal here. Intimidation doesn't count as AoE power.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    zvieris wrote: »
    In fact, GWFs might have the better deal here. Intimidation doesn't count as AoE power.

Not EVERYONE runs a sentinel......

• alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bug: Drowned Shore

I just re-imported my HR and there is no quest that leads to the Drowned Shore. There is no travel point on my map either. I spoke with Sgt. Knox and he only had the quest to Ebon Downs and Helm's Hold.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • couatl13couatl13 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Content and Environment

All I want to know is... How is Minsc still alive?

Did he become a Chosen or gain immortality somehow? Is Boo just using his awesome miniature giant space hamster power to keep Minsc alive? I mean... He should be dead now, right?

Right?
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    couatl13 wrote: »
    All I want to know is... How is Minsc still alive?

Did he become a Chosen or gain immortality somehow? Is Boo just using his awesome miniature giant space hamster power to keep Minsc alive? I mean... He should be dead now, right?

Right?

Perhaps some light can be shed here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?845041-Neverwinter-Module-6-Devstream-Feb-13th-from-5-6PM-PST-Q-amp-A-Thread&p=10115461&viewfull=1#post10115461
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • sellolk771sellolk771 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2015

What you mean with this? 30% chance without stacking LS? 30% less of what is stacked? Or u mean 30% of normal LS severity?
    Scarecrow
  • dragonikingdragoniking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 18
    edited February 2015
    1. In icewind some pack of mobs you can kill in 40 seconds (for example wolfs) and some (same pack of wolfs but few meter farther) you can after 5 -10 minutes fight.
    2. The same problem in well of dragons wit some pack of thayans and other some in about 40 seconds and some 5 -10 minutes (pack of four or five mobs).
    3. In sharandar was ok few hours ago but now sharandar was gone from world map.
    4. Blue Dragonwing is almost immortal for my Paladin
    I played Paladin lvl 70
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Targeting with AOE powers will now snap to the feet of your current target if you have one.

I'm glad that there's a toggle in the options menu for this, as it caused me to target the wrong area more than once while testing. It will be turned off on my characters.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • faerbotfaerbot Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    WOW. Now we have the Divine Cleric of Control. Best single target CC in the game. Yeah this was a smart move.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So, instead of a LS "chance" to proc as it does on a single target, now IN ADDITION, all AoE effects only get a 30% "chance" to proc. One can only hope that this is PER AoE target and not a 30% all-or-nothing proc chance -- 'cause that would just be incredibly, ridiculous (and therefore probably likely). Someone needs to verify this is per target.

So, this means AoE LifeSteal is nearly worthless on anything less than FOUR targets in AoE.

So we get a RNG% of a RNG% of a teeny percentage healing?

Lovely. RNG the "magic bullet" of game design.
    edited February 2015
    In my opinion, these changes to lifesteal are in the right direction. We don't all need to be self-healers regardless of the class we play. Thank you for bringing back a reason for wanting a healing cleric (or upcoming paladin) in the party. Adapt or die, the way it should be. Heck, I don't even use Lifesteal on any of my wizards, nor my GFs, or my HRs, and they're all fine. Only one of my TRs uses lifesteal and they're all fine. Only one of my GWFs uses lifesteal, and they're all fine.

I'd rather play the game, combat mechanically speaking, the way The Devs and WotC intend. Not the way some seem to want to be gods at everything on every class. I welcome back the Holy Trinity to the one game brand it truly belongs in. This DPS/Self heal zerg mindset does not belong in a D&D game in my opinion.

faerbot wrote: »
    WOW. Now we have the Divine Cleric of Control. Best single target CC in the game. Yeah this was a smart move.

Geas is removed quite easily. That's not much damage it needs to break its effect.
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Does this apply to all powers or just encounters?
    Because if it applies to at-wills as well that makes GF's Cleave completely useless along with its artifact weapon.
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Classes and Balance
    • General
      • A new secondary Artifact slot will be unlocked at level 70.
      • Stats: Hit Points granted for equipment over level 60 has been greatly increased, up to double what previous values were in some cases.
    • Devoted Cleric
      • Geas: You compel target creature to not attack you or your allies for up to 60 seconds. This effect is broken if the creature takes more than 500% of your weapon damage. This effect may only be on one creature at a time. This effect reduces the damage a player does by 95% and lasts 10 seconds on players. 10s CD. Divine: Compel a target to stand still for 6 seconds. Subsequent casts on the same target have drastically reduced effect. Empowered: Increases the duration of the Geas by 10 seconds per stack.
      • Warding Flare: You place a divine light that periodically shields nearby allies, blocking up to X damage. Divine: Place a direct damage shield on target ally for 6 seconds that absorbs up to X Empowered: Duration increased by 2 seconds per stack.
    • Oathbound Paladin
      • Has updated icons, ooo shiny!
      • Circle of Power: You generate a zone of control 30' wide. This zone improves all damage you deal by 30% and lasts 20 seconds. 45s Colldown. Protection: You also gain 25% Damage Resistance. Devotion: You gain 30% more healing.
      • Divine Lunge: You rush to the target, dealing damage driving back all other foes within 15' of the target. Protection: All targets are Taunted. Devotion: You can now rush to allies, pushing away any foes within 30' of them.
      • Many powers have received updated animations and FX such as Shield of Faith, Heroism and Smite.
      • Powers now go up to Rank 4.
      • Sanctuary now correctly affects allies.
    • Scourge Warlock
      • Dark Revelry adds Power instead of damage.
      • Feat: Soul Bonding: This Feat has been reworked. Your powers now heal your allies for a percentage of their damage equal to your Life Steal chance. This effect is 30% as effective on Area of Effect powers. The healing component of your Vampiric Embrace now also heals nearby allies for 100% of its value.

Content and Environment
    • Drowned Shore: Content flow has been reworked, if you are unable to continue questing in this zone, please go to Protector's Enclave and try the Intro quests and try again. Failing that, please reimport your character.
    • Drowned Shore: There is now an intro cutscene for this zone the first time it is entered to foreshadow Crabs, Sea Trolls and more.
    • Temple of the Spider: The amount of enemies in each encounter has been reduced so there is generally no more than 5 enemies at once.
    • Social aggro has been adjusted so nearby enemies are more likley to attack you when you have aggroed another enemy in that encounter.

Items and Economy
    • Professions: Jewelcrafting: The level cap for Jewelcrafting has been raised to 25 and new recipes have been added."
    • Professions: Tailoring: The level cap for Tailoring has been raised to 25 and new recipes have been added."

User Interface
    • Characters can now be reliably deleted again.
    • Invocation rewards and UI is receiving an update and does not currently work properly.
    • Targeting with AOE powers will now snap to the feet of your current target if you have one.

Thanks, but we still need more buyable companion slots.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
This discussion has been closed.