Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Trickster Rogue Cap Raise

Comments

• Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bug: Vengeance's Pursuit

Very often the second portion of this power will fail. Even if the target is easily within range and visible it can often fail. Many times when under a CC effect it will remain in a greyed out state even though it is showing the follow up icon. In such cases it does not respond to clicks. In general this power was greatly improved previously but it still performs in such a buggy fashion as to be unreliable.

This power should put some sort of an indicating mark on the effected target. After all it does state that it designates them for vengeance and that it hangs above them and so would make perfect sense to have a dagger icon or something overhead -- after all other classes easily mark stealth TR (e.g. DC, GWF, GF, HR, CW, etc) with visible indicators already.

Additionally I wonder if it would be possible to have this power ignore friendlies that get in the path of it. The targeting system of this game is unkind and can often assume a target that is not directly under the reticule and with the chaos of melee a friendly near will sometimes give you a message that said person is not a valid target even though the reticule is over an enemy.
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bug: Vengeance's Pursuit

Very often the second portion of this power will fail. Even if the target is easily within range and visible it can often fail. Many times when under a CC effect it will remain in a greyed out state even though it is showing the follow up icon. In such cases it does not respond to clicks. In general this power was greatly improved previously but it still performs in such a buggy fashion as to be unreliable.

This power should put some sort of an indicating mark on the effected target. After all it does state that it designates them for vengeance and that it hangs above them and so would make perfect sense to have a dagger icon or something overhead -- after all other classes easily mark stealth TR (e.g. DC, GWF, GF, HR, CW, etc) with visible indicators already.

Additionally I wonder if it would be possible to have this power ignore friendlies that get in the path of it. The targeting system of this game is unkind and can often assume a target that is not directly under the reticule and with the chaos of melee a friendly near will sometimes give you a message that said person is not a valid target even though the reticule is over an enemy.

It does have actually have a dagger mark overhead of the target, unless it no longer does in preview.
  • Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It does have actually have a dagger mark overhead of the target, unless it no longer does in preview.

I am partially color blind, perhaps I just don't see it. Often in game I hear "watch out for red" and my response is "red?" What is "red".
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    SoD/DoT is a bug on live. Not sure about preview. My tester TR is a Scoundrel, not Executioner.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Wicked Reminder has still an bug if you use this encounter and have more than one attack free it automatically adds another attack of wicked reminder.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015

Currently, with certain build/tactics of the Saboteuer, it is possible to restealth at whim. Although currently in LIVE, such particular build is not widespread nor popular, I fear once Talisman of Shadows makes it into live, it will bring about a TR build that will be daze/interrupting in AoE every 5 seconds, and is going to cause more than just mass frustration to the opponent's team.

Talisman of Shadows, is one of such typical function that is too short for the TR to make of any real use, and yet on the opponent's end, is too frequent to cause massive frustrations and anger. In other words, it is unsatisfactory for both the wielder and the victim.

I feel this is a very, very badly designed feature, and I would pleade to the devs that please, change it to something else that is not related with direct mode of attack, be it damage or CC.
  • Options
    windquakewindquake Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bug:<Removed>,at least I think.
  • Options
    barq3tbarq3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015

Currently, with certain build/tactics of the Saboteuer, it is possible to restealth at whim. Although currently in LIVE, such particular build is not widespread nor popular, I fear once Talisman of Shadows makes it into live, it will bring about a TR build that will be daze/interrupting in AoE every 5 seconds, and is going to cause more than just mass frustration to the opponent's team.

Talisman of Shadows, is one of such typical function that is too short for the TR to make of any real use, and yet on the opponent's end, is too frequent to cause massive frustrations and anger. In other words, it is unsatisfactory for both the wielder and the victim.

I feel this is a very, very badly designed feature, and I would pleade to the devs that please, change it to something else that is not related with direct mode of attack, be it damage or CC.

stealth->daze->DF->SE->stealth->daze->DF->DS (procs 1 with shadows)daze->stealth->daze->SE->stealth->daze

Yeah sabo path get big advantage over the others from new class features mechanic since he can enter stealth at least two times more often...

I was waiting from reporting it in case they mess up other builds really bad, but oh well :D
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    reds351 wrote: »
    BUG Respec is still broken causes the inability to spend points

FEEDBACK: the new targeted teleport feels laggy, like it has a .5-1 ish second delay on it

feedback new encounter: the new encounter really feels laggy and lack damage. While i can somewhat accept a medium-low damage, its another encounter with 18 seconds + cooldown.

feedback 4th point in some power: tenacious concilment...120% stealth reduction which basically makes the offhand bonus on that class feature utterly useless. Shadow strike 4th point is a joke too.
  • Options
    truescramblestruescrambles Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bug: Shadowy Disappearance

It has no cooldown when used from stealth. If this is intended, then the tooltip makes no mention of it.

The first hit doesn't auto crit when used from stealth.

While the Saboteur feat One With The Shadows is active, using this power doesn't restore stealth.

It feels like an upgraded Deft Strike. The damage is respectable, and dealing damage on entry and exit gives options for handling situations where you need to be at a specific spot quickly.
  • Options
    s1lv3rdrgnforums1lv3rdrgnforum Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    How did you get to use it? When I leveled to 61 the game auto-selected one of the new class features for me and I didnt get to put a point anywhere.
    Bedlam: Creating chaos as a MI Exec TR
    Avariel Merilwen: Burn baby, MoF/Rene
    Aejun The Silver: Devoted to Healing, DevOP/Justice
    Mina Rosepetal: Super Natural, Pathfinder/Melee
    Frost: Benchwarmer, Soulbinder/Fury
  • Options
    revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Still cant respec at 70, no feat no power no boons no nothing, and IWD is STILL not accessible.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    not sure what's going on with previous poster because i just randomly crashed in IWD (most likely purely random.. i dont crash often).

BUG: During quest "Hard to reach places" at the 2nd fire gate the mobs were too close and when i tried to hit the switch it aggro'd them making for a frustrating next 15 minutes or so as I tried to de-aggro. I eventually ran 75% back to teh start where the mob magically appeared behind me and I dispatched him and was able to move forward. I eventually was unable to leave this area as the "cave" after teh cutscene with the no-face guy had no transition area.

Bug: SoD still broken. Does not proc. Limited testing done as I knew it was broken in last patch so I assume it continues to be broken in same fashion.

Feedback: Level 65 encounter: I hate to be negative but I wasnt thrilled by it. I've played HR so I recognized the animation (you even left the electric in... ) I only had one point in - so damage was low but what I didnt like was the radius of the attack. Might appeal to other TR's who engage more in toe-to-toe melee.

Was very happy to see "full respec" working properly.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    the last one of the new encounters (cant remember the name sorry) has strange effects in stealth, i mean if i understood the tooltip is supposed to do something else. ALSO: does not show cooldown on going once you used the 4 charges.

the first encounter does not proc one with the shadows. Damage feels really low and unrewarding for the playing or maybe cd is just too high like every encounter in tr set.
  • Options
    lococatt91lococatt91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 162 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Anyone tried the lvl65 enounter yet, interested to hear if its any good.
    Im picturing smoke bomb, AE slash slash slash slash ..smile
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    lococatt91 wrote: »
    Anyone tried the lvl65 enounter yet, interested to hear if its any good.
    Im picturing smoke bomb, AE slash slash slash slash ..smile

Yes it works...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    mutjinninjamutjinninja Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bug: Shadow of demise only procs on encounters in stealth now, not at wills. We have to abandon stealth in most cases to even use our capstone
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Feedback: Sabotuer's New Feats - Grinning Steel and Blood Soaked Blades
    - I feel that the feats have absolutely no use for a Stealth-based tree. Grinning Steel, for instance, adds +5% crit chance whenever we are behind our opponent. Saboteur's do most of their fighting inside Stealth, where we get 100% critical chance. Another +5% chance on top of our current 100% doesn't really help much. Blood-Soaked Blades also will not get much players with this feat in their specs. 100% bonus Weapon Damage is nice, but the conditions aren't exactly controllable. We need an enemy to die first before we get to make use of this feat, and if it's one thing that players dislike, it's uncontrollable factors such as RNG, and for this instance, on-kill bonuses. We dislike it when we leave things to chance due to how fickle chance skills/feats/CFs feel.

BUG: Smoke Bomb - Not working
    - My client kept crashing, but based on my tests in Preview, Smokebomb is definitely not working. I'd pop it and nothing happens. No damage, no daze, just the smoke.

- I love the idea behind this skill! I can foresee it being used more for its escape/entry utility rather than being used for the paltry damage it does. This is just one player's personal feedback, but I'd much rather see this skill get improved utility, such as increased temporary Stealth time, and remove the damage it deals overall. Players would love to get a more reliable skill to get in and out of fights quickly, and Shadowy Disappearance seems to be the skill to do just that. It's the perfect addition to any rogue who concentrates on utility. The cooldown seems a little long, though.

Suggestion: Shadowy Disappearance
    - I noticed that the effects of this encounter when used from Stealth have not been introduced yet. I just thought I'd take the liberty of suggesting it to do the following.

Rework: Shadowy Disappearance no longer does any damage. It simply teleports you to a target location. The CD of Shadowy Disappearance is reduced (I am not sure by how much since the CD of my Shadowy Disappearance is ~13.5, but it would be great if it got a maximum of 10 seconds CD). At-Wills and Encounters break the Temporary Stealth of Shadowy Disappearance.
    Non-Stealth: Shadowy Disappearance temporarily shrouds you in Stealth. During this time, you gain increased Stealth Regeneratiion and Run Speed.
    Stealth: When used from Stealth, Shadowy Disappearance does not go into cooldown upon teleporting to the target location.

This would make the skill more flexible to use, allowing rogues who need a breathing room to effectively escape once more if the need to do so presents itself, or immediately assist an ally from another side of the field. It would become an effective utility skill when remodeled as such.

BUG: Shadowy Disappearance
    - Its intended effects of temporarily entering Stealth upon use doesn't seem to be working right now.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Bug: Shadow of demise only procs on encounters in stealth now, not at wills. We have to abandon stealth in most cases to even use our capstone

BUG: Build 20150210a.2 Shadow of Demise works as follows:

Confirmed SoD does not proc on any at-wills.

Smokebomb: does not proc
    Blitz: Procs once on closest target
    Lashing Blade: procs
    ShadowStrike: procs
    Dazing Strike: Procs on original target only
    Path of the Blade: Does not proc
    Deftstrike: Does not proc (why?)
    BladeFlurry: Procs on closest target (clause: trade of blades dummies may not even be in range of the additional damage)

Edit: Feedback Shadowy Disappearance: I hated this skill and respecced the points immediately - the distance is much too short and the TR's encounter bar is already cramped. Other than solo-dungeon perma-stealth with SS and B&S i saw absolutely no use for this skill. I would definitely not replace Smokebomb, Dazing strike, Lashing Blade, B&S, and maybe even Path of the Blade with this skill. I'm not trying to be negative - I just saw a gimicky bit of flash with no real usefulness.
  • Options
    revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    stealth reveal isnt working either.
  • Options
    reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Blade Furry is nice but it does not show the damage on the tool-tip, also does anyone know the target cap?
  • Options
    iguresaniguresan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    None of the new encounters for TR are rly usefull for pvp or pve.. for real.. u guys should think better giving to other classes OP encounters and for TRs just AoE low damange useless encounters now that we are ''balanced'' with other classes.
  • Options
    zukokkuzukokku Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bug

Executioner:Shadow of Demise:
    Doesn't activate with any DMG from stealth, need to use encounter power in stealth to activate this. With this i think it's not usable in pvp.

Saboteur: Grinning Steel:
    Hmm... TR really needs 5% more crit chance while it has 100% rit chance in stealth ? And this tree is made for hold perm-stealth, so it's made to has 100% crit chance all the time. Waste of feat imo.

Saboteur: Blood Soaked Blades:
    Think it's good dmg boost while fighting agains more than 1 enemy (haters ! - remember that now chars can gain 80k + HP !!)

Scoundrel: Back Alley Tactics:
    Good to kill some1 after using daily and leaving enemy with rest of HP.

Scoundrel: Master Infighter:
    Nope. Scoundrel is perma-stunning enemies in 1 v 1. You should reduce it's survivability, beacause when fight against him you have only few short chances to hit him. It can't be so tanky while he's excluding some1 from game with dazes.

Executioner: Final Moments & Deathknell:
    Nice to increase DMG, what is it's job.

Class feature: Oppressive Darkness:
    Imo - uselles class feature, but all classes have some uselles features, so it's okay that TR has it too.

Class feature: Talisman of Shadows:
    It can be useful in pve. In pvp ? Maybe. Stun is good, but TR has other features which are more useful. I think this one is okay.
  • Options
    assa202020assa202020 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    GWF take TR's Blitz with 3 charges on 65 points. TR take two useless encounter with elements from another class. It's preview joke or anything else? What are you doing with game, cryptics? What are you smoking? I want try it too.
    Sorry for my bad English
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    reds351 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind it only on encounters if it actually applied to each mob hit by multi target encounters.
    If I use blitz SOD only applies to one mob.

I mean in all honesty, Id rather just see SoD become a 50% damage boost for 6 seconds after attacking in stealth. Its basically the exact same thing but less buggy. Id even put a CD on it or something as well, like 10 seconds. So it cant be perma uptime.

Currently it has issues and multi-procs and just is a not so great mechanic.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I have tested SoD fairly deeply and in actuallity (and with Act as evidence) SoD is acting quite normally on live. It does not multi-proc, except through multiple stealth uses (which it's supposed to).

This is not true. Get get a GPF walk up to a dummy, stealth and lashing blade the dummy. Set back and watch it proc 2x. I think its time to just remove this buggy feature and give TRs a flat 50% damage bonus for 6 seconds after attacking from stealth. Overall its the exact same thing just frontloaded damage and it removes the buggy "piercing damage" that is bypassing feats that are supposed to make you damage immune. It also removes issues like line of sight, multi-procs etc.

Also Feedback:

I have been testing on LIVE and PTR and I think part of the issue with TR balance is mobility in stealth. Currently if you feat right you can outrun an epic mount while stealthed. What has been an issue for some time is the TR ability to stay on a node, contest it and not worry about being seen - this is largely due to the fact that no class can really catch a TR - aside from an HR.

Proposal:

When you stealth you have slightly reduced BASE run speed equal to that of a GF holding block (80%). You can still feat towards run speed which would put your runspeed back well above 100% however that small change would force TRs to gear and spec defensively if they want to be a more defensive player and not just have the best of both worlds.

This would not impact the DPS specced TRs, given the change to SoD to my above (a flat damage boost after attacking from stealth) It will not kill the TR ability to do crazy damage and they already have tools like their new dodge/ITC/Shadow Strike etc to restealth or avoid damage. Dont forget blood bath too ;)

This would hardly affect PVE at all. 20% run speed nerf is not THAT big but just enough for other classes to stand a more fair chance of catching a TR on a node.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    if you're observant and watch the dummy, you will see it "proc" and the icon appear and then "proc" again 6 seconds later. This is WAI because it's not actually doing anything the first time it "procs" you're just seeing a notification that it is active. I have tested multiple sources of AoE damage and I have not seen once where SoD applies damage more than once to a target outside of stealth being re-applied. I would LOVE your proposal of 50% damage increase. Absolutely love it. Please, give me an early Christmas present. I've posted before how obscenely OP TR's would be with a 50% damage increase after damage in stealth. It would FAR outpace the damage SoD is giving.

Please see this, I JUST took this.
    SoD_zpshp7qjiyn.jpg

Run up to a dummy with GPF on. Lashing Blade Crit and then 6 seconds later SoD DOUBLE procs for 18k damage for a TOTAL damage = to 100% of my Lashing Blade damage. Isnt it supposed to only do 50% damage? YES. But when it DOUBLE procs its doing 100%. Ive seen it proc 4x off other enchants like Fire Enchant. Thus its doing 200% of the damage.

I THEN remove GPF and do it again.

Now you see only ONE proc.
    Id like to ADD a note that this only works off DoT enchants, so things like Vorpal will NOT double proc it.

As to the 50% damage boost. If that ends up being too OP, just make it something like 35% damage, or 50% more critical severity for 6 seconds. I dont care but the SoD "proc" thing is not only buggy but just flat out not a good mechanic.
  • Options
    ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ayroux wrote: »
    Please see this, I JUST took this.
    SoD_zpshp7qjiyn.jpg

Run up to a dummy with GPF on. Lashing Blade Crit and then 6 seconds later SoD DOUBLE procs for 18k damage for a TOTAL damage = to 100% of my Lashing Blade damage. Isnt it supposed to only do 50% damage? YES. But when it DOUBLE procs its doing 100%. Ive seen it proc 4x off other enchants like Fire Enchant. Thus its doing 200% of the damage.

I THEN remove GPF and do it again.

Now you see only ONE proc.

As to the 50% damage boost. If that ends up being too OP, just make it something like 35% damage, or 50% more critical severity for 6 seconds. I dont care but the SoD "proc" thing is not only buggy but just flat out not a good mechanic.

I regularly run PFire on my Executioner and I can verify that this is 100% true, it always double procs SOD. Always.
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ayroux wrote: »
    This is not true. Get get a GPF walk up to a dummy, stealth and lashing blade the dummy. Set back and watch it proc 2x. I think its time to just remove this buggy feature and give TRs a flat 50% damage bonus for 6 seconds after attacking from stealth. Overall its the exact same thing just frontloaded damage and it removes the buggy "piercing damage" that is bypassing feats that are supposed to make you damage immune. It also removes issues like line of sight, multi-procs etc.

Also Feedback:

I have been testing on LIVE and PTR and I think part of the issue with TR balance is mobility in stealth. Currently if you feat right you can outrun an epic mount while stealthed. What has been an issue for some time is the TR ability to stay on a node, contest it and not worry about being seen - this is largely due to the fact that no class can really catch a TR - aside from an HR.

Proposal:

When you stealth you have slightly reduced BASE run speed equal to that of a GF holding block (80%). You can still feat towards run speed which would put your runspeed back well above 100% however that small change would force TRs to gear and spec defensively if they want to be a more defensive player and not just have the best of both worlds.

This would not impact the DPS specced TRs, given the change to SoD to my above (a flat damage boost after attacking from stealth) It will not kill the TR ability to do crazy damage and they already have tools like their new dodge/ITC/Shadow Strike etc to restealth or avoid damage. Dont forget blood bath too ;)

This would hardly affect PVE at all. 20% run speed nerf is not THAT big but just enough for other classes to stand a more fair chance of catching a TR on a node.

I'm ok if they change SoD to the same damage the HR roots get.
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited February 2015

I am not sure the effectiveness of these. Shadowy disappearance doesn't trigger any stealth feats, doesn't do any significant damage and you don't stay in stealth long after using. Why would someone slot this?

Blade flurry. Looks and sounds cool but does weak damage. Maybe if it debuffed or something it would be more effective but right now i don't see the point. Path of blades would do more damage in stealth than this and its passive.
This discussion has been closed.