test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

We've begun sending out closed beta codes!

Comments

• Options
    zazaajizazaaji Member Posts: 186
    edited February 2015
    attorn97 wrote: »
    /sad face.

nuttin here.

At least take comfort in the fact you aren't the only fan that was eagerly wanting one that didn't get one.

Really though, I'm hoping some of those promotional contest can get me in.... IGN, curse, MMORPG, MMOSITE, MMOABC, any site giveaway or something.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    zazaaji wrote: »
    At least take comfort in the fact you aren't the only fan that was eagerly wanting one that didn't get one.

Really though, I'm hoping some of those promotional contest can get me in.... IGN, curse, MMORPG, MMOSITE, MMOABC, any site giveaway or something.
    Keep an eye on http://www.alienwarearena.com/ as well, not just for XBOX One Beta, just in general as PWE/Cryptic often partners with them for giveaways. Neverwinter on Twitter and Facebook are also two places to keep tabs on for giveaways in general.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    Keep an eye on http://www.alienwarearena.com/ as well, not just for XBOX One Beta, just in general as PWE/Cryptic often partners with them for giveaways.

Good to know, thanks :)
    I'm also doing a google search for all websites that posted the words Neverwinter Xbox Beta since the last 24 hours before the search. If there's any contests on any site, no matter how remote they are, that'll find it.

I just REALLY hope it won't be a "contest" on Facebook or Twitter where they only give out 10 keys or something when thousands of people enter it. That would be.... less than ideal.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    Good to know, thanks :)
    I'm also doing a google search for Neverwinter Xbox Beta for the past 24 hours. If there's any contests on any site, no matter how remote they are, that'll find it.
    Not necessarily. Web searches all depends on DNS servers, web crawlers, and search engine data mining, etc.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    Not necessarily. Web searches all depends on DNS servers, web crawlers, and search engine data mining, etc.

Stop ninja'ing before I finish my edit :p

Really though, I'll be keeping an eye on Twitter and Facebook for Neverwinter, of course. The alienwarearena site I'll keep an eye on too, thanks for the heads up on that.
  • Options
    killerthreadkillerthread Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015

if you dont get codes
    I will Live stream on twitch so u can see the features and you can ask me to try stuff on your behalf if you want.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    if you dont get codes
    I will Live stream on twitch so u can see the features and you can ask me to try stuff on your behalf if you want.

Thanks for the offer, but there is no way my internet can handle that. I can barely watch 240p streaming videos on Youtube. Despite the incredibly slow speed of my internet, my ping/lag time is only ~9ms though, so MMORPG's are not just fully playable once downloaded, but I usually have among the least amount of lag in all groups I join.
  • Options
    drizztfohldrizztfohl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Please send me a code. Been waiting for this for a long time!! I am signed up for one.
  • Options
    zombodenzomboden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Haven't got a beta key just yet, but really looking forward to playing it on consoles. I loved it on PC, and I'm sorry to say goodbye to my 3 60s, may they rest in peace. I want a beta key but I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to put it down, haha. I would end up being 60 in beta. I even loaded up $80 on my Microsoft account so I could buy a founders pack or anything they have to offer around that price range in the beta or at official launch.
  • Options
    devildriver1987devildriver1987 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Beta starts 10am pacific time.... PERFECT! That is 18.00 in the evening for me, half hour after I get back from work :) As you can see I was a extremely lucky soul and got sent a code :)

Happy Travels
    Don't follow me....you will only find yourself lost at the end of it all.
  • Options
    zombodenzomboden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Beta starts 10am pacific time.... PERFECT! That is 18.00 in the evening for me, half hour after I get back from work :) As you can see I was a extremely lucky soul and got sent a code :)

Happy Travels

Congrats man! I haven't gotten one yet but even if I don't I will just enjoy watching the videos of the beta after its over. Thanks for sharing the start time for those of us that haven't gotten invites yet.
  • Options
    anubisvganubisvg Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i still haven't got a code ether i hope there giving out more tomorrow.
  • Options
    konghestkonghest Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Did they post anything about when the beta closes? I know it's on 8th Feb, but what time?
    Also, confirmed that opening is 10 AM PST?
  • Options
    uberzuberz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    konghest wrote: »
    Did they post anything about when the beta closes? I know it's on 8th Feb, but what time?
    Also, confirmed that opening is 10 AM PST?

Here is the email text that states the info we know:
    Your Beta Key for Neverwinter on Xbox One!
    The Play button will be enabled when the Closed Beta goes live on February 5th at 10AM Pacific. For instructions on how to redeem your Closed Beta Key, click on the Learn More button below.

A word from Andy Velasquez, Lead Producer
    Our major focus for this Technical Beta is to make sure that all of our systems are working correctly on this brand new platform. By participating in the Beta and sharing your feedback on our forums, you will be instrumental to making our release a success - so THANK YOU!
  • Options
    pyromanceryoshipyromanceryoshi Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hi everyone. I got my beta code today, looking forward to playing this game. If anyone wants to join up with me on xbox live my gamertag is the same as my username.

See you all soon and I hope everyone has fun playing it as well as reporting any bugs to make the game better at launch.
  • Options
    nowwedienowwedie Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Slightly annoyed I haven't got one, will there be any more coming out?
  • Options
    c4inc4in Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    akromatik wrote: »
    Heads up, adventurers! We've begun sending out closed beta codes, so be sure to check your email to see if you were chosen! We'll also have a few opportunities to score a beta code if one has escaped your grasp so far! (Pro tip: Keep an eye on our social media pages)

Was so hoping to get a beta code.I play the pc version spent a ton of cash on the game and have been so stoked its going to console . But I manage a grocery store so i have 0 to little time to keep an eye on that kind of stuff. I can only hope I get one today while I am at work !!! to all that got one enjoy it, I will be looking for any vids and info I can about it . I just cant waite till it's live .
  • Options
    kingmiltenkingmilten Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Never got a code and signed up with 5 emails :( tried so hard
  • Options
    crazyjack145crazyjack145 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    kingmilten wrote: »
    Never got a code and signed up with 5 emails :( tried so hard
    I feel your pain man.....I have the worst luck in the world.....I sign up for more than 200 betas/contests a year....I never get anything...BadLuck just means you have to work harder.....
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    uberz wrote: »
    Here is the email text that states the info we know:
    Your Beta Key for Neverwinter on Xbox One!
    The Play button will be enabled when the Closed Beta goes live on February 5th at 10AM Pacific. For instructions on how to redeem your Closed Beta Key, click on the Learn More button below.

A word from Andy Velasquez, Lead Producer
    Our major focus for this Technical Beta is to make sure that all of our systems are working correctly on this brand new platform. By participating in the Beta and sharing your feedback on our forums, you will be instrumental to making our release a success - so THANK YOU!

Aha, didn't notice time zone was stated in the email ... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Good to know, people with slower internet will need that extra time.

Can someone in the beta please tell me how many GB the download is, as well as how big a patch there is, if there is one?

Don't see any replies to this in the thread, so excuse me if it has already been resolved.
    I don't know the exact size of the download, however it took me less than an hour to download it (on 100 Mb/s wi-fi). AFAIK there is no patch yet, I opened the "game" (ofc), and was taken straight to the login screen.
  • Options
    kenjo12kenjo12 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    meh social nubpages... why is it that you "must" have crapbook/twitter/instafool to have a shot ? ... cant belive i was left out this time.. played closed beta on PC but aint got a key this time... zzzz
  • Options
    whiteknight1902whiteknight1902 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    10.92 I think.....
    Definitely over 10 though
  • Options
    gingamillagingamilla Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Got mine last night and downloaded it this morning. Can't wait to play!!!
  • Options
    kattfiskenkattfisken Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    For some reason i just got a beta key in the mail (which is not the same as the one i won on the stream today) So if anyone wants it i'll gladly give it away :) and since i can't make my own threads i guess i will have to find a way to give it away here :p
  • Options
    ashanefbashanefb Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    kattfisken wrote: »
    For some reason i just got a beta key in the mail (which is not the same as the one i won on the stream today) So if anyone wants it i'll gladly give it away :) and since i can't make my own threads i guess i will have to find a way to give it away here :p

Have you given it away yet by chance? :)
  • Options
    hypxhypx Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Dose any have a spare cb key ?
  • Options
    t0pphattt0pphatt Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It's the last day of the beta and I need a code...
    Need one quick b4 it closes....
    email me please: nuper2009@yahoo.com
    Thanks
  • Options
    iakhuiakhu Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If someone needs another one:
    Q2P9V-VT7YY-TYHHP-WQVYV-7VR9Z

t0pphatt you have a PM!
  • Options
    t0pphattt0pphatt Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thank you ever so much brother, greatly appreciated...