test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why is there no "Solo Queue" ?

geministrikegeministrike Member Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
edited February 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello everybody,

I'm frustrated with the absence of solo queue for the dungeons. I mean my character is strong enough to solo many dungeons but I'm forced to enter with other people anyways. I don't want to share my drops with others while i'M soloing and people keep queueing in a hope to steal some drops from the dungeon I solo. I really hate this. I would like to be enter a dungeon alone and solo it without any distractions. Why can't we do it? Why are we being forced to enter with 5 people. This game really need solo queue...
Post edited by geministrike on

Comments

• mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hello everybody,

I'm frustrated with the absence of solo queue for the dungeons. I mean my character is strong enough to solo many dungeons but I'm forced to enter with other people anyways. I don't want to share my drops with others while i'M soloing and people keep queueing in a hope to steal some drops from the dungeon I solo. I really hate this. I would like to be enter a dungeon alone and solo it without any distractions. Why can't we do it? Why are we being forced to enter with 5 people. This game really need solo queue...

You can enter in most normal (non-epic version) dungeons alone, of you go to their doors.
  • geministrikegeministrike Member Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    I'm just guessing here, but this is an MMO and dungeons are not meant to be soloed. It is part of the multiplayer content as it is in most other MMOs on this internet. If you want to solo big dungeons I recommend playing a single player RPG.

I am not meaning that i want to solo big dungeons 24/7. What I mean is I have the ability to do this and so I want to solo dungeons time to time in order to get the drops all to myself because all the effort while i'm soloing them belongs to me. It's for the financial purposes not for the joy of soloing them. If I have this ability why the game is keeping me from doing it?
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'd like to see that too.
    Give folks a chance to just grind out Content that they have out leveled to the point where it is no real fun for a Group, but makes a nice challenge Solo. No wait times, no personality conflicts.
    If you like, make it based on your progress through the more difficult Campaigns.
    You need your Group until you have passed X-Campaign Thresholds and have a GS (or whatever the kiddies are calling it these days ;) ) of Y.
    And skipping all the PUG Drama is an added bonus.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Solo pk all day long
    edited February 2015
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    I'd like to see that too.
    Give folks a chance to just grind out Content that they have out leveled to the point where it is no real fun for a Group, but makes a nice challenge Solo. No wait times, no personality conflicts.
    If you like, make it based on your progress through the more difficult Campaigns.
    You need your Group until you have passed X-Campaign Thresholds and have a GS (or whatever the kiddies are calling it these days ;) ) of Y.
    And skipping all the PUG Drama is an added bonus.

Those actually very good points. Because pug runs can be very frustrating. Like random kicks, people needing on greed runs, stupid arguments.

Why are we getting so strong and keep grinding if we can't put our power into some use. You can pretty much do any dungeon with a 15k group. I really want to be able to solo dungeons.
  • mungsumungsu Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hello everybody,

You do realize that when people queue they are put into a dungeon at random? They are not picking your solo instance in a hope to "steal" loot drops, the system put them there.
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I fully agree that we should be able to enter any epic dungeon solo or with partial parties. There is no reason to stop people doing this if they want to go and explore, mess around or just fancy an extra challenge.

Myself and a friend have just started duo'ing some of the easier epic dungeons but we have to use a (fairly well known) trick to get an uninterrupted run. You need guildies/friends who are prepared to make up the party numbers to start the dungeon and then disconnect or switch to an alt, leaving your party full but with only one or two active players. Those friends/guildies are free to switch to a different toon and play whatever they want as long as they don't switch back to the disconnected one.
  • actausactaus Member Posts: 64
    edited February 2015
    Hello everybody,

I agree with you. Just how many times I thought of this... even today while running quick PK.

But before we make any decisions, let's talk about consequences. Do you guys see any impact into the game? What if there was solo option. Everyone would start soloing and get easy drops etc.. That's not the only reason, but let's think about all of that stuff.
  • mechomancermechomancer Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    henry404 wrote: »
    I fully agree that we should be able to enter any epic dungeon solo or with partial parties. There is no reason to stop people doing this if they want to go and explore, mess around or just fancy an extra challenge.

Myself and a friend have just started duo'ing some of the easier epic dungeons but we have to use a (fairly well known) trick to get an uninterrupted run. You need guildies/friends who are prepared to make up the party numbers to start the dungeon and then disconnect or switch to an alt, leaving your party full but with only one or two active players. Those friends/guildies are free to switch to a different toon and play whatever they want as long as they don't switch back to the disconnected one.

This workaround is great for those with active guilds...

I too would like to solo epic dungeons when I don't have guild members on to assist in the work around. It's not about getting the loot to myself or being anti-social. I just want the challenge.

=RV=
    edited February 2015
    mungsu wrote: »
    You do realize that when people queue they are put into a dungeon at random? They are not picking your solo instance in a hope to "steal" loot drops, the system put them there.

That's not the case mungsu. They join, i tell them that i'm soloing and politely ask them to leave, they won't. Then I kick them using my alts and they keeping coming back on purpose and just wait for me to kill the boss in order to get the item. Which is really frustrating. This is stealing drops in my book.
    edited February 2015
    Anyways I just want to be able to solo dungeons. Even trying to find an excuse for that is nonsense. I know there are alot of people like that would enjoy this. Do you even know how many times I get kicked for 11k epic item, how many times i saw people needing in a greed run, how many times people argue about some worthless <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I'm sick and tired of this. Yes I would like to run dungeons with the people I know, friends etc. But I would rather solo them instead of putting my hopes on random pugs. I am able to do this and I know there are many others can also able to. So keeping this from us is just nonsense.
    edited February 2015
    actaus wrote: »
    I agree with you. Just how many times I thought of this... even today while running quick PK.

But before we make any decisions, let's talk about consequences. Do you guys see any impact into the game? What if there was solo option. Everyone would start soloing and get easy drops etc.. That's not the only reason, but let's think about all of that stuff.

So what if they would. I mean do I have work for other player's progress? I'm sorry but other player's progress isn't my problem. I cannot pull them up with me while i'm going up. What's wrong with getting all the drops if you are killing all the monsters yourself? I'm not saying that they should make all the dungeons solo. I'm saying that they should put that option too for those who want it. The ones who want to party can party, it's none of my business but me soloing a dungeon is none of their business aswell.
  • shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Before raging about Why don't we have a solo option for dungeons, I'd 1st asked How come that we are raging about the absence of this option in an MMO... oriented for party gameplay... for endgame content... :)
  • ololinusololinus Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You can solo dungeons. Ask for 4 alts from your guild/make 4 accounts, join one group, queue, then all your group switch char/log off and you do your dungeon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'd rather they make the content hard enough and slow the power creep enough so that no at level dungeon is ever able to be soloed. Ever.
  • shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Exactly. Well I can give you the answer, and the OP has answered it as well: greed. Mundane, but oh well. Guess OP doesn't get the concept behind MMOs just yet.
    Amen

Thanks Cap ;)
    edited February 2015
    shadevp wrote: »
    Before raging about Why don't we have a solo option for dungeons, I'd 1st asked How come that we are raging about the absence of this option in an MMO... oriented for party gameplay... for endgame content... :)

Really? Because like 90% of them mmos We don't have a 1 on 1 duel system, we don't have huge battlefield system, we don't have an improving pvp system along with a working matchmaking system, we don't have class balancing, we don't have a decent upgrade system (in neverwinter terms refining)

So this is an MMO eh? oriented for party gameplay and AMAZING(!) endgame content :)
    edited February 2015
    ololinus wrote: »
    You can solo dungeons. Ask for 4 alts from your guild/make 4 accounts, join one group, queue, then all your group switch char/log off and you do your dungeon.

Let's say I'm gonna solo 1 dungeon 5 times. Do I have to bother my friends and guildies to bare it constantly? The way you are talking about is how I do it but It is not a very pleasing way.
    edited February 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    I'd rather they make the content hard enough and slow the power creep enough so that no at level dungeon is ever able to be soloed. Ever.

Well let's talk after the content is hard enough and slow the power creep enough so that no at level dungeon is able to be soloed.
  • berhudarolberhudarol Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I don't think you can solo any epic dungeon with fighting by one by. Only option is to be stealthy if you are a tr and go through around mobs to just boss part but boss part will be still diffcult for a solo player.

I am not a fan of solo dungeon playing because this is a MMO not single player game. If there are solo dungeons it will ruin this game's logic. It will kill the social part of this game.

Other problem is not all classes have equal dps, armor, aoe, defence, life steal etc. Thats why a good team is better than a solo player. If you have problems finding a good team thats another topic discussion.

If you ask me, every player in a team should gain in dungeons. There shouldn't be any greed need option. If an epic item drops that item should be added to every player's inventory unless they say pass. İf this is a team play than why only one of us gain? We give same time same effort.
    edited February 2015
    berhudarol wrote: »
    I don't think you can solo any epic dungeon with fighting by one by. Only option is to be stealthy if you are a tr and go through around mobs to just boss part but boss part will be still diffcult for a solo player.

I am not a fan of solo dungeon playing because this is a MMO not single player game. If there are solo dungeons it will ruin this game's logic. It will kill the social part of this game.

Other problem is not all classes have equal dps, armor, aoe, defence, life steal etc. Thats why a good team is better than a solo player. If you have problems finding a good team thats another topic discussion.

If you ask me, every player in a team should gain in dungeons. There shouldn't be any greed need option. If an epic item drops that item should be added to every player's inventory unless they say pass. İf this is a team play than why only one of us gain? We give same time same effort.

Well actually my guildie CWs can solo couple epic dungeons pretty easy, not to mention good GWFs. TR is not the only class who can do that. And you guys are giving me Utopias. Like what if it was like this and what if was like that. I'm talking about for the current system *sigh* So to sum up, I do not want to waste my time with random idiot pugs, I do not want be kicked randomly for epic items, I don't want to get in arguments, I don't want to work for others progress. Yes the ones contributed to this topic made some good points like saying teaming up makes the game fun, I'm not against that. I'm allready teaming up with my friends and guildies. But for the rest of the time I want to be alone minding my own business other than being forced to play with random people. If you can see I told you that I'm not against team game and I didn't say that team game should be removed. The ones who want to party can party all they want. The game is about how you enjoy it and I'm allready able to solo dungeons and I enjoy it. Do I hurt anybody else soloing dungeons? No. Completely opposite I run away from needless arguments and stuff while doing it. You can party all you want and hell I do that with my buddies. But like I said I don't want to be forced to play with people I don't know. I hope you can understand that instead of giving me information about other MMOs. Cuz this MMOs allready has many flaws compared to them but I still like it.
    edited February 2015
    There is absolutely zero reason to go through those epic dungeons for the loot. The good stuff now drops like candy from the Tiamat heralds. The reason to want to solo/duo/whatever them is the challenge and because you can spend time exploring parts most groups would not. For example, yesterday we duo'd one of the easier Epics, requiring a GS of 5700. Can't remember which one it was but it was the one where you find a red crystal, green crystal and stuff that are meant to be put on an alter to reveal bonus chests. We got to the end, beat the boss then went back and spent probably another 40 minutes finding those bits and pieces to spawn two bonus chests containing... wait for it... a R4 enchant and about 6 silver. Woo hoo! I'm rich!

The point is, it would be hard to find a full party who would be happy to do that. When I went through those epics the first time the emphasis was on speed and success. I take the point that these dungeons should be too hard to solo but they are not and duo'ing them is breathing new life into content we had previously just blitzed through. I see that as a good thing.

And if folk want to die pitifully and alone at the hands of an epic Valindra, why not let them? It's not affecting anyone else's game play.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    charononus wrote: »

Agreed, TR being the biggest culprit, although that has got NOTHING to do with power creep...
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    berhudarol wrote: »

Soloing dungeons is for the most part easy for an overgeared char, or an undergeared tr, which is why the stat curves are being changed mod 6. At 16k gs a CW can run door to door solo with steal time on tab in CN and at 10k gs a TR can do the same, this is definately needing a change though, as the games hard content should not be such a walk in the park.
  • quotablequotable Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    That's not the case mungsu. They join, i tell them that i'm soloing and politely ask them to leave, they won't. Then I kick them using my alts and they keeping coming back on purpose and just wait for me to kill the boss in order to get the item. Which is really frustrating. This is stealing drops in my book.

When you enter a queue, you don't get to pick which group you're put in. You get put wherever there is an open spot. If there's an open spot in your group and someone enters the queue, he probably gets put in your group. If you kick all such people who enter, then you're kicking everyone who enters the queue. That means you're making it so that no one can queue for the dungeon and get a group that way, and you're completely breaking the queue system for that dungeon for the entire rest of the playerbase. It's very unreasonable to expect everyone else in the entire game to stay out of a dungeon for an hour or two just because you want to see if you can solo it.

Now, having a solo queue would avoid that problem. Or perhaps more to the point, letting players start epic dungeons with a non-queue group by going to the dungeon entrance. Cryptic did that for non-epic dungeons, so presumably they could do it for epic dungeons if they wanted to but chose not to. I'm not sure why they didn't, but it might have been a precautionary thing to make it much harder for people to find creative exploits that they're not aware of, didn't anticipate, and may or may not actually exist.

Quaternion from the previous forum
  • actausactaus Member Posts: 64
    edited February 2015

Apparently they kept coming back folks..

Can't stop laughing lol
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    As a veteran World of Warcraft player (and long time Neverwinter player) there is a HUGE community of people on WoW that solo old content for fun, for transmute items, for money, and for other reasons as well. Its something that has built up over time due to the continuous increase in power. I definitely support this and have been running my partner through each dungeon as he got to the right level to do them. I am finding it a lot of fun to challenge myself to see what I am able to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
    edited February 2015
    You know what is frustrating? You, selfish -bleep- as you are, holding up the queue for every other player out there, wasting everybody's time and effort. We don't get to choose what instance we enter, the game decides that. Not to mention at least half the players don't even speak your language. Kicking players for entering your dungeon is nothing short of rude. Do it properly or stop complaining and find a solo game to play. Your attitude is not required or desired in an MMO.

Wow aren't you the MMO master? Please stay away from my topics if you are going to be disrespectful and mind your language. You may present your own ideas in a good manner but not like this. If you cannot handle it, I suggest that you should stop yourself from commenting on my topics.
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You know what is frustrating? You, selfish -bleep- as you are, holding up the queue for every other player out there, wasting everybody's time and effort. We don't get to choose what instance we enter, the game decides that. Not to mention at least half the players don't even speak your language. Kicking players for entering your dungeon is nothing short of rude. Do it properly or stop complaining and find a solo game to play. Your attitude is not required or desired in an MMO.

Personally attacking other forum goers is against the ToS and against common decency. You have an opinion? Great! Share it constructively and don't insult people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
    edited February 2015
    The irony is that he's abusing the OP for affecting other players or parties but the OP is actually asking for a method to enter a dungeon solo without affecting other players or parties. Go figure.