test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New regeneration mechanics

nitron0vanitron0va Member Posts: 18 Arc User
In game, when a player is entering a new map, the loading screen would sometimes show some game tips that are supposed to be helpful for the player. One of the game tips that came into mind is this:

"WANT TO REGENERATE YOUR HP? USE POTIONS! THEY ARE THE BEST WAY TO REGENERATE HP WHEN OUT OF COMBAT.

Now with the new regeneration mechanics (which will only function during out of combat situations), i honestly do not think that regeneration would serve any purpose, outside PVP scenarios - even then its a bit iffy because 95% of the time pvp players are always in combat (this new mechanic will only force players to hide while slowly regenerating HP - reducing the dynamic features of PVP which is constant combat). In PVE, as soon as the player is out of combat, he or she will just use HP pots to quickly regenerate health. See the problem i posed?

Can someone please enlighten me on why the decision was made to change the regeneration mechanics? What was the thought behind this?

Alot of players has been maintaining at least a 10% regeneration tick on their equipment. (Equipment that they had invested on). This change will affect alot of builds and will eventually catapult a new era of gear building (im not against this notion and i think that keeping the player base guessing on every mod is fun and will keep the players on their toes) however, some careful planning should be applied and some consideration on the investment of the players on the gears that they had acquired in their time of playing in Neverwinter.

If the new regeneration mechanic is 100% going to be implemented on Mod 6. Then a friendly explanation on why would be greatly appreciated.
Post edited by nitron0va on

Comments

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    In short, it's to make healing powers more useful - no longer will you be able to stack crazy amounts of regen, so that you can basically ignore attacks and stand in red circles with impunity.

Now, granted, I am not in favor of the complete removal of any combat functionality for regen, though - I think that they could simply take the current value, have it provide 1/3 of that while in-combat, and have it provide 3x that when out of combat...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • actausactaus Member Posts: 64
    edited January 2015
    I believe NW developers came into the conclusion that, there are way too many healing sources in game. We have Life steal, Regeneration and then healing potions. Why do we even need a healing class and most importantly, why should pure dps be able to solo.

So, first they decided to nerf the life steal (which is very understandable) and then make regeneration as optional. Yes, you no longer get that tick while in the combat anymore, but it's something that you "might" want to have between combats? maybe they wanted this regeneration to be "the last thing I get"?.. if you know what I mean. But anyways! I see they making some huge changes to the game, I can kinda see where they going with this, and can't wait to test it in mod 6.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    2000 regen is about 15% incoming healing.

I honestly think that's completely useless. It should be 50-100% at 2000 or new softcap of level 70. A tank with double the life of others only gets 15% more when a cleric heals them?
  • lococatt91lococatt91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 162 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    During the pally livestream the other day GC explained why they made the changes to LS and regen.
    Currently you dont need a healer for any of the content and they want to change the gameplay to a more traditional style. Tank, healer, CC and dps.
    Its a major course correction for the game and IMO way overboard.
    Regen is useless and LS is so small a chance its completely unreliable. You will NEED a healer now to do anything really. Even running your dailies youll be sucking down potions if you dont have some type of heal.
    At 60 1400LS is about 10% as soon as you ding 61 it drops to about 3% and by 70 its 1.something%. Quick math says you will need about 11k LS to have a 10% chance to LS at 70. In other words cryptic is effectively removing LS from the end game.
    edited January 2015
    Well do they plan on reducing the damage mobs deal? It's the whole reason people depend on lifesteal atm because everything hits way too hard. You need your life back to full quickly or the next series of hits kill you.
  • learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    lococatt91 wrote: »
    During the pally livestream the other day GC explained why they made the changes to LS and regen.
    Currently you dont need a healer for any of the content and they want to change the gameplay to a more traditional style. Tank, healer, CC and dps.
    Its a major course correction for the game and IMO way overboard.
    Regen is useless and LS is so small a chance its completely unreliable. You will NEED a healer now to do anything really. Even running your dailies youll be sucking down potions if you dont have some type of heal.
    At 60 1400LS is about 10% as soon as you ding 61 it drops to about 3% and by 70 its 1.something%. Quick math says you will need about 11k LS to have a 10% chance to LS at 70. In other words cryptic is effectively removing LS from the end game.

if this is what they want i will fully suport them

but i would like some sort of heal for grinding dailys and geniral quests
  • nitron0vanitron0va Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So it is what it is. Regeneration and Lifesteal is a thing of the past, and clerics and paladins are the new way of healing. With the damage capability of the DC coupled along with its now newly improved healing (by way of taking away other healing sources), this class will be the new flavor of the month class. Damage and healing in one package - DC. Tanking and healing in one package - Paladin.

I dunno where the Devs are steering this "Dungeon and Dragons" inspired game. But, hey, they call the shots so, I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
  • lococatt91lococatt91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 162 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    What i thought was interesting was during the livestream someone asked about Scourge warlock, because they are focused on lifesteal. The devs said they didnt know what they were going to do.
    Cryptic is obviously stuck on killing LS/regen to make healers an integral part of the game. They could have left LS exactly the way it was and with how severe the cuts are it would have been just fine. Even stacking 6k LS at lvl70 (which is crazy high) would only give you about a 5% chance to LS.
    They could solve the SW situation by giving them a flat base chance to LS like 10%.
    edited January 2015
    Things used to feel alright. But then after Mod 2 the power creep/classes hitting harder and DEVs creating hard hitting mobs and it all got out of hand.
    edited January 2015
    This traditional way of MMO gamestyle, where healers are the only source of healing works when warriors can stack defense that acts as a damage reduction/mitagation, so they would survive encounters (greatly reduces the damge of mobs). DPS class usually stick with evasion or dodge to help them mitigate damage. So if Devs are going to remove regen and LS, then they should improve defense and deflect for classes without ways of healing.

IMO, regen and LS works fine right now. I dunno why change it. Was there a massive burst of QQ against regen and LS?
    edited January 2015
    nitron0va wrote: »
    This traditional way of MMO gamestyle, where healers are the only source of healing works when warriors can stack defense that acts as a damage reduction/mitagation, so they would survive encounters (greatly reduces the damge of mobs). DPS class usually stick with evasion or dodge to help them mitigate damage. So if Devs are going to remove regen and LS, then they should improve defense and deflect for classes without ways of healing.

IMO, regen and LS works fine right now. I dunno why change it. Was there a massive burst of QQ against regen and LS?

The ironic thing, is that currently most GWFs get murdered by the eSoT boss, but there are some DCs that can tank him. Guess who's the one getting the nerfs to survivability....
  • gimpocalypsegimpocalypse Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    If Life Steal is going to be effectively useless & I have to find a healer and/or a group just to run Daily quests

... I guess I'm going to need to find a new game to play.
    Been looking forward to upgrading my Perfect Sarcasm font, but due to recent changes it seems I will need to grind the Nine Hells for my Pure Sarcasm font... ironic isn't it?
  • jiubiizeekkjiubiizeekk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If Life Steal is going to be effectively useless & I have to find a healer and/or a group just to run Daily quests

Yeah i second that sadly. v.v i havent had a chance to test preview all that much.
  • starboijuhelstarboijuhel Member Posts: 45
    edited February 2015

but dailies are so easy...
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015

The reason why is that a character with enough ls and regen is completely 100% immortal right now except to something that can one shot them. So the only way at the moment to make content difficult is things like the eSoT bosses attack that can one shot most players if they don't avoid that. Since most players don't like one shots, this is bad for their ability to build new content. At level 60 the changes made no difference, now the stat curves feel off to me still like they went a bit overboard, so assuming that is adjusted a little bit so that an endgame player can get somewhere around 5-10% ls, I think things will be in a good place.
    edited February 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    The reason why is that a character with enough ls and regen is completely 100% immortal right now except to something that can one shot them. So the only way at the moment to make content difficult is things like the eSoT bosses attack that can one shot most players if they don't avoid that. Since most players don't like one shots, this is bad for their ability to build new content. At level 60 the changes made no difference, now the stat curves feel off to me still like they went a bit overboard, so assuming that is adjusted a little bit so that an endgame player can get somewhere around 5-10% ls, I think things will be in a good place.

You have a nice idea there. Giving a regen cap and LS cap would be better than totally thrashing the whole mechanic.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You have a nice idea there. Giving a regen cap and LS cap would be better than totally thrashing the whole mechanic.

Agree completely. A *much* more elegant solution would be to take the current lifesteal and regen mechanic and apply multipliers to them based on whether you are in combat or out-of-combat: < 1 for in-combat, > 1 for out-of-combat.

Regarding lifesteal: the original argument that it shouldn't be reliable because magic items aren't reliable is bogus. You can apply that argument to *any* stat boost that comes from equipment; either do it for all or do it for none. Anything else makes it arbitrary by definition.

Regarding regen: as has been stated ad nauseam, we don't need out-of-combat regen anywhere near as much as we need it in-combat. Healing potions drop like candy: we never want for them and since there is no ICD on potions out-of-combat, chugging them is a non-issue. Turning regen into an incoming healing boost simply makes it *not* regen anymore, and makes the already existing incoming healing bonus redundant.

The answer is not to destroy LS and regen, but merely to adjust the amount of benefit they give you. Further, the present course of action on mod 6 for these two stats drastically shifts the game away from being solo-friendly (not to mention breaks a ton of mechanics, including companions, feats, and equipment). In that vein, the devs and designers, are, I predict, going to have to make a hard choice: should the game be solo-friendly or not? D&D, that is, PnP D&D, is *not* solo-friendly. It never has. Making NWO solo-friendly necessarily deviates from the D&D paradigm to some degree.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The changes to life steal and regeneration do not affect all classes equally. In fact, the use of these two stats is easily separated based upon the kind of class one chooses (generally, exceptions exist of course). It is statistically sound to say that life steal is used primarily by dps classes (CW, SW, TR, GWF) and that regen is used primarily by the tanking class (GF). The HR can have both high lifesteal as dps and high regen as a tank and get the benefits of both.

What the devs have done is attempted to make both kinds of classes (or builds if you desire) more dependent upon healing. It is true that with the power creep of artifacts, artifact gear, armor reinforcement kits, jewels, and such that maximumly statted dps classes do not need healers in the present version of Neverwinter. They can select just life steal and complete almost any dungeon solo. I know this by fact because I have watched a player do CN, eLoL and eSoT without any help from the party.

What is not true is that the class that utilizes regeneration with maximum stats is 100% immune to damage and can survive without the need of a healer. How many guardian fighters do you know that will solo the whole of CN, eLoL, and eSoT because they have 15% regen and 15% lifesteal. The damage mitigation, regardless of the build, is not sufficient to sustain the player with or without regeneration, and the damage output by the class is not sufficient to provide self-healing through life steal. There is no case where a GF can stand in the red of attacks without having to move and kite and counter, or use class features and dailies that provide immunity. In some cases (eSoT), a healer will not help with the one-shot effect of the boss. GFs are already reliant upon healing sources for survivability within Neverwinter. Is it the case that with lots of regen and life steal that a GF can be in a party with 4 other dps players and survive long enough for mobs and bosses so that the dpsers burn down the enemies and the GF can regenerate both in and out of combat without a DC (or OP)? Yes, it can. But this means the GF is reliant upon the dps of the other 4 members. I believe it is this scenario that the devs are attempting to undo and require a tank, healing source, and 3 dpsers in every party. I am for this in parties. However, I will be significantly weaker as a tank in solo PvE. But, even though my regen is getting nerfed to oblivion (yes, I am losing 15% incombat regen), I did not find the mobs in the new content so difficult as to prevent me from completing quests in solo PvE if I desired. Now of course, I would love for my incombat self-healing to remain. But, I at least understand that the devs are tipping their hat at attempting to prop up the three legs of the MMO Trinity. Both dps and tank must be weakened for the healer to be necessary. But, as an already weak class (the GF), and with a replacement class that can do both (OP), I fear more for the possibility that my role as tank is lost. Moreover, it could be that the GF is too weak with the nerfed regen to be wanted at high end level 70 dungeons, because his party buffs/mob debuffs and weakened survivability make him fall from usage. The community will naturally drift to this play style if warranted. I know the results of this, as a GF, when, with mod 2, I could not get into any party except FH to run in a circle at final boss.

So, I am all for making each kind of role inextricably linked (even if I have to sacrifice some solo PvE ability). But, I fear the changes will push out the GF in the role of tank completely, and parties of 4 dpsers and 1 healer will return.
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It's a change you have to get used to, but nothing that's really bad. The worst thing that can happen is that healers will take over tanking and healing alone. But given how effecively a GF can buff your party, it's unlikely.

And I don't think you'll need healers to do solo content. At least that's not my impression on preview right now.
  • ravancheravanche Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    hustin1 wrote: »
    Agree completely. A *much* more elegant solution would be to take the current lifesteal and regen mechanic and apply multipliers to them based on whether you are in combat or out-of-combat: < 1 for in-combat, > 1 for out-of-combat.

Regarding lifesteal: the original argument that it shouldn't be reliable because magic items aren't reliable is bogus. You can apply that argument to *any* stat boost that comes from equipment; either do it for all or do it for none. Anything else makes it arbitrary by definition.

Regarding regen: as has been stated ad nauseam, we don't need out-of-combat regen anywhere near as much as we need it in-combat. Healing potions drop like candy: we never want for them and since there is no ICD on potions out-of-combat, chugging them is a non-issue. Turning regen into an incoming healing boost simply makes it *not* regen anymore, and makes the already existing incoming healing bonus redundant.

The answer is not to destroy LS and regen, but merely to adjust the amount of benefit they give you. Further, the present course of action on mod 6 for these two stats drastically shifts the game away from being solo-friendly (not to mention breaks a ton of mechanics, including companions, feats, and equipment). In that vein, the devs and designers, are, I predict, going to have to make a hard choice: should the game be solo-friendly or not? D&D, that is, PnP D&D, is *not* solo-friendly. It never has. Making NWO solo-friendly necessarily deviates from the D&D paradigm to some degree.

If they are effectively removing these two stats from the game, and making it less solo-friendly, I see that as crippling their financial viability for this game. People will be FAR less inclined to casually try the game out, buy Packs and whatnot, if they make a character and cannot complete basic content on their own to get a feel for the game. The game's community is already PUG-averse as it stands. Introducing mechanics to enforce grouping will not make that aversion to joining PUGs any better, and will result in players growing frustrated and leaving for other games rather quickly.

I have to admit I am curious what they plan to do with companion and gear stats that will have LS or Regen on them. As it stands, those stats are effectively being removed from the game completely.
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    it could also be to prevent mod2 regeneration builds from coming back

heres a few posts about regen i made a month ago, and since im lazy ill just repost the posts i made http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?818361-PvP-Regeneration-Did-devs-made-a-mistake-designing-it-%28Piercing-vs-Regen%29

the stat changes and more hp should help against piercing damage
    burkaanc wrote: »
    under regeneration i put all passive health regeneration, not just the stat

although now the biggest problem is piercing damage, that could be traced as a countermeasure back to mod2 with too much defense and regeneration, piercing damage is used to counter highly defensive builds like mod2 regen ones

we have 2 opposites, on one end theres highly defensive builds that can shake off damage too easily and cannot be killed unless you deal x dps(making these builds hard/impossible to kill for low dps characters), on other we have piercing damage killing ppl too fast - 1shotting tanks

mod 2 that was dominated by high defense and regeneration, making burst builds kind of bad since the damage doesnt stick and target will regenerate most hp during cooldowns - GWF's were really strong cause their kit - mobility + damage resistance allowed them to use regeneration well, i think tank DC's were quite strong as well, while they didnt have the damage that made GWF's so dominant, they had even more healing + regeneration, but that might be because i have a GWF and DC's were the only class i couldnt kill easily, similar to HR in mod 4, your damage just doesnt stick

mod 4 and 5 that is dominated by piercing damage that simply ignores a big part of defensive class tools - here HR's and TR's are(were) the strongest cause they simply have(had) most piercing damage, still the regeneration of HR's is a strong tool

both options are bad and ruin balance

piercing damage is WAY too strong and it shouldnt exist, but removing it would make defensive regeneration builds too strong

wouldnt changing regeneration help solve these issues ?
    tank builds could still be tanky, bout could be brought down eventually, while dps/burst builds could still deal damage, but since the damage would stick it wouldnt need to be so high to 1shot anybody

Regeneration is a nice stat that allows you to regenerate health between fights, why it doesnt work that way ? it could be disabled during combat, it would still be useful, but it wouldnt allow you to ignore damage up to a certain threshold

if regeneration didnt work in combat(and, maybe, had some cooldown after fighting) and piercing damage was removed wouldnt the balance be much better ?
    it is not strong now, but if theyd remove piercing(and balance tr from 1shotting ppl) it might get too strong and defensive/regen builds may start running wild, i just propose regen to be reworked along with removal of piercing

smth like HR/DC might still be really hard to take down without piercing(and insane tr burst)

there is simply too much damage in pvp, but they cant reduce overall damage without regen getting out of hand

its kind of like flat damage reduction, but instead if taking damage/hit it takes damage/sec

for example you reduce damage by half(what would make damage/health ration much more fun for pvp) - smth like tr(or other high damage class) can still kill a tank, but what happens if GF fights GF, or tank GWF fights tank GWF or a low dps class tries to kill tank DC? infinite fight since nobody has enough damage to kill other cause it gets nullified by regen
    regen makes it impossible for low dps builds kill tanky builds

just like mod 2 gwf that could run around writing lols in chat while 3 ppl were hitting them(ofc gear and stuff affected that) i could literally stand still and chat, pressing unstoppable from time to time while insert_low_dps_character_here was trying to kill me, and i wasnt even BiS

for a low dps build to kill a tank should be slow, but no impossible

or like it was for GWF to kill a bit better geared tank DC(if he dodged/resisted prones) in mod2 or hitting melee HR in mod 4
    Paladin Master Race
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ravanche wrote: »
    I have to admit I am curious what they plan to do with companion and gear stats that will have LS or Regen on them. As it stands, those stats are effectively being removed from the game completely.

Though I'm quoting this comment, my response is directed generally:

If I understand things correctly these changes affect levels 61-70. Therefore Companions, etc. are fine through the "leveling process" up to level 60 at least. As for revenue generation: statistical fact is that more new players will buy stuff than long-time players - things are shiny and new and the vanity/convenience/speed-things-up process affect new players more than older players. Hence Zen Market items and other 'cash-based' items are geared toward newer players.

This meaning to say that levels 61-70 is designed for advanced or "hard-core" type players. Those players will spend the money anyway if they were ever going to in the beginning. People who tend to presume these kind of late-game changes are a detriment revenue-wise are often going with a hunch and hardly fact.

The thing is this: if by end-game levels you haven't spent any money on the game then chances are you wouldn't spend any now, no matter what they do.

And in either case, I do believe these changes to Regeneration and Life Steal occur at level 61, which is when the new power curve kicks in. If I am mistaken in this then someone who has tested it at lower-than-level-60 please do chime in.
  • ravancheravanche Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Though I'm quoting this comment, my response is directed generally:

If I understand things correctly these changes affect levels 61-70. Therefore Companions, etc. are fine through the "leveling process" up to level 60 at least. As for revenue generation: statistical fact is that more new players will buy stuff than long-time players - things are shiny and new and the vanity/convenience/speed-things-up process affect new players more than older players. Hence Zen Market items and other 'cash-based' items are geared toward newer players.

This meaning to say that levels 61-70 is designed for advanced or "hard-core" type players. Those players will spend the money anyway if they were ever going to in the beginning. People who tend to presume these kind of late-game changes are a detriment revenue-wise are often going with a hunch and hardly fact.

The thing is this: if by end-game levels you haven't spent any money on the game then chances are you wouldn't spend any now, no matter what they do.

And in either case, I do believe these changes to Regeneration and Life Steal occur at level 61, which is when the new power curve kicks in. If I am mistaken in this then someone who has tested it at lower-than-level-60 please do chime in.

I completely agree. Anyone at or near level cap has already spent what they are going to. My concern is for new players to the game. New players who join, and find that the game has been re-tuned to a throwback to the Bad Old Days of Everquest, with enforced grouping for normal content, unless you are playing one or two specific classes. People sitting in Neverdeath, spamming the LFG channel just so they can complete regular content. Those people will get frustrated and leave. No money coming in, player numbers steadily dropping. Free-to-Play games cater to the casual crowd by and large. The gamer with a few hours to kill and a low budget to kill some time on the weekends or at night after work. Forcing those players to have to take a fair portion of that time spamming the LFG channel just to play the game will be time not well spent for them, and they will leave. The gamers that do have the time for sitting around waiting for a group will grow frustrated with the inability to log in and go play the content. They will drift away as well.

In short, the removal of stats that make the game more casual-friendly, and enforce a group dynamic as the default, will result in frustration and a loss of players, which results in loss of revenue. If the content in question were also being rebalanced to take the stat removal into account (which it does not appear that is the case), that would be different. That would simply be a matter of adjusting play style. Requiring a tank *and* a healer for the majority of PvE content is not.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    Well do they plan on reducing the damage mobs deal? It's the whole reason people depend on lifesteal atm because everything hits way too hard. You need your life back to full quickly or the next series of hits kill you.

Start depending on healers and tanks.
    We'll have 2 dedicated tanks(3 if you include sent GWF) and 2 dedicated healers(3 if we include temp SW), its high time these classes and specs stop being neglected, if players mindset is too stuck on the current 5 DPS groups, then devs need to give tanks and healers some help to make them desirable and what better way it would be then making DPS not being all-in-one classes that can tank, damage and self heal in the same build?
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    I think we should just keep regen as is and nerf life steal, that's the one that keeps DPS classes on their feet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • adent086adent086 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Late to the party I know, but I just had to comment on this change. I honestly couldn't believe it when I logging into the test server and this was there. I can not even begin to count in how many ways this is a massively BAD idea.

These two changes alone are going to FUNDAMENTALLY change the way the game works and is played as a whole. Meaning the game you play BEFORE module 6 is NOT going to be the game you play AFTER module 6. It is a HUGE gamble (financially) on the part of cryptic and PWE. One that I, personally, feel they are going to loose on. Badly.

Basically this takes soloing away from SOME classes, and lets other classes still do it. Also, this is a HUGE step in the direction of "cookie cutter" MMOs; i.e. they are trying to make Neverwinter be like every other fantasy MMO out there.

Frankly, I LIKED the fact that Neverwinter was different from other MMOs. I LIKED the fact that ALL of the classes were viable in a multitude of situations. I LIKED the fact that the game could be enjoyed heavily while soloing. ALL of that is going to be taken away in one swoop with these changes.

This is going to FORCE grouping in many if not all situations, especially at end game. Personally, I like having a CHOICE whether or not I group. I.E. If I am in the mood to kick around with other people, I do so. If not, I don't have to but I can still make progress in the game by myself (even if it does take me longer and is more challenging). All of that is about to be taken away.

Why? Have there been MASSIVE complaints about the way these two mechanics work now?

All I can say to the devs about this change is please, PLEASE, don't do this. This change alone could cause massive account loss and potentially bankrupt the game. Why? Because people don't like it when the game they have been playing, paying, and working on for over a year is suddenly NOT that game anymore. That is what this change is: a complete game changer; and not a good one.

Again devs, please do NOT do this. Leave Regen and LS alone; or if you absolutely MUST, slightly reduce their effectiveness. DO NOT effectively remove them from play.

Thank you for your attention.
    Telling us about upcoming content updates, and getting those updates out the door BUG-FREE, is *AWESOME*!! Know what's even *MORE* awesome? Fixing game breaking bugs (and/or undocumented "features") that have been in EXISTING content for months/years!!! Guess which one makes me want to spend money on a game much more than the other? Hint: It's the "more awesome" one.
  • nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ravanche wrote: »
    People sitting in Neverdeath, spamming the LFG channel just so they can complete regular content.

Utopia much?
    Neverwinter is so far from that. Even with statchanges. Did you even test the new stuff comprehensively? You hear about people running the new T2 with live stats in 15 minutes?
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    how are you going to implement a new healingclass and force people to level it play it and gear it up?

put in your ideas and thought right here, the Manager for devellopement wil collect it afterwards, address your name and email account so we can discuss later on.

i am not angry about nerfing lifesteal or regeneration, especially when i think about some TR builds based on deflection and regeneration, 3 ppl shoot at and can´t do nothing but dieing in a row
    these builds are more than anoying in pvp, its cheap since you don´t get lifesteal from a target that is invisible and reflects everything nor it is very funny seeing these player heal up in 5 seconds by regenerating, just waste of time for other players

so what will happen?
    lots of paladins and clerics will rule the matches in pvp until we get more healing depression to stop making them undefeatable like faithful DC atm? thats my forecast for PV
    PVE i don´t know and don´t mind until we get hard encounters who really force me to decide about respeccing my char for PVE
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Overall, I'm feeling quite positive about the mod 6 changes but I really would not like to be forced to have a healer companion in order to solo the normal content like dailies and stuff. Being able to mostly self heal in combat with a mix of regen, lifesteal and potions is one of the most refreshing things about this game. So I'm waiting to see how it looks when it hits live. For me, I fear it may be a showstopper.
  • ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Honestly I have no freaking idea, how tank (regen build) can survive now in any decent pvp. Maybe, new feat for GF - hide?
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.