test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Trickster Rogue Cap Raise

rrshendevrrshendev Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 10 Arc User
Greetings Adventurers!

In conjunction with the forthcoming raise to the level cap, each class will see additions and adjustments. This content will gradually be made available on our preview shard. As it becomes available we would very much like to collect your feedback!

This thread will be focused on the Trickster Rogue. Initially only new class features and feats will be made available, however this thread will be updated alongside the preview shard in the future.

Class Features
The following class features will become available at 60 points.

Oppressive Darkness - When you enter stealth you deal Piercing Damage to all foes in a 25' area. Rank: +10% Damage.

Talisman of Shadows - When you enter stealth you Daze all foes in a 25' area for 2 seconds. This duration is halved on players. Rank: +1s/0.5s

Feats
The following feats will become available after investing 10 paragon points into the corresponding tree. Feats previously available at 10 points have been moved to 15, those available at 15 have been moved to 20, and so on.

Saboteur:
  • Grinning Steel - Attacks from behind your target have 1/2/3/4/5% more chance to crit. (Known issue: The tooltip text currently on preview may be inaccurate)
  • Blood Soaked Blades - If a foe you have recently damaged dies, you gain Blood Soaked Blades, which causes your attacks to deal 20/40/60/80/100% of your weapon damage as bonus Physical damage.

Scoundrel:
  • Back Alley Tactics - When your AP is empty you deal 5/10/15/20/25% more damage. This bonus diminishes as you gain AP.
  • Master Infighter - You take 2/4/6/8/10% less damage from melee attacks.

Executioner:
  • Final Moments - A nearby foe dies you gain Final Moments which increases your movement speed and critical severity by 5/10/15/20/25%.
  • Deathknell - You deal 8/16/24/32/40% more damage to foes below 30% HP.
Post edited by rrshendev on

Comments

• Options
    rrshendevrrshendev Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Feedback

We need to collect as much feedback as possible on this so we can tweak the Trickster Rogue in PVE and performance in PVP. Given that, we would like you to categorize and color code your feedback so we can sort it and act on it most effectively! Please use the below format to submit bugs/feedback.

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
    Spec: (Please enter the spec that you are providing feedback for here)

Please use “Bold” face text for the Type & Spec then type your feedback in the body of your post. If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use BLUE.

(Concise Feedback & Screen Shots are much appreciated)

Examples:

Bug: Destroyer

Destroyer’s Purpose didn’t grant stacks while dealing damage.

I feel like I don’t have enough tools to stay alive under fire now and it makes tanking too hard.

Please try to play for a few hours to get used to new powers. Thank you again for all your help Adventurers! We look forward to hearing back from you!
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Moderator Notice:

As with all other such threads, please restrict your posts to useable feedback in the format requested. The devs are looking for numbers and figures to tweak the changes before live release. Parses and ACT logs are helpful in this matter, as are screenshots. Also, be aware that posting your text in cyan does not automatically tag it as valid feedback--the content of your post must be constructive feedback.

Attacks on another poster's feedback or opinion, or anything not related to your experience with the changes posted to this thread will be moderated accordingly without further public notice. Posts based on conjecture without valid testing, where applicable, will be removed.

To ensure that the devs get the feedback in a logical and orderly manner, we're having to enforce this rather strictly. Please do make sure that your feedback is in the format specified in the opening posts of this thread, or it will be moved.

Please do not respond to or reply to this notice, but use the PM system to address your concerns, per Rules of Conduct, Section V.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    swarfega27swarfega27 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    QUESTION: Isnt Deathknell the same as live except live is under 70% hp?

These new feats replace existing Tier 3 feats btw.

*update* at the time of posting i didnt realize these feats are newly squeezed between the old T2 and T3 feats.
  • Options
    s1lv3rdrgnforums1lv3rdrgnforum Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited January 2015

FINAL MOMENTS: I tested final moments for about an hour. When it procs my critical severity jumps from 75% to 1075% for a split second. It procs every time something dies within .. 80' ? I only got to see the evidence of it being effective once. (log below) The problem is, because the benefit is so short, it will only fire maybe once in a thousand times because you have to be dealing damage in that split second. Most of my kills in drowned shores were either one-shot or DF kills. Meaning I couldnt proc Final Moments on myself; the below occured when someone nearby killed something just at the moment i was using Dazing (the moons aligned). POSSIBLY you could proc this in solo by Path of the Blade but more-so I find that PotB and SmokeBomb do just enough damage to clean up everything with DF.

After testing my feedback is this: the benefit is too short to be of any use. I understand it's wickedly overpowered; but I would much prefer a slight dmg boost over a useable amount of time than an incredible trap skill that never actually procs.

[COLOR="#FFA500"]Critical Hit! Your Dazing Strike deals 64768 (56258) Physical Damage to Trapper.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Dazing Strike deals 80928 (68784) Physical Damage to Hunter.[/COLOR]

BUG: Neither class feature worked for me. Both had 1 rank already slotted b4 I respecced my character and despite my trying to put 2 more ranks in both neither would accept them or allow me to slot them in my class feature slots. As a result I could test neither.
    Bedlam: Creating chaos as a MI Exec TR
    Avariel Merilwen: Burn baby, MoF/Rene
    Aejun The Silver: Devoted to Healing, DevOP/Justice
    Mina Rosepetal: Super Natural, Pathfinder/Melee
    Frost: Benchwarmer, Soulbinder/Fury
  • Options
    swarfega27swarfega27 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    BUG: TR Deflection Severity is now only 50% base. As this hasn't been mentioned in any notes i can find i can only report this as a bug.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    BUG = DEX is giving +2% deflect to every classes.

BUG = DEFLECT SEVERITY is only 50%
  • Options
    mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Bug ? : Executioner

Shadow of Demise don't work with at-wills and dailies, only with direct damages encounters
  • Options
    barq3tbarq3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    rrshendev wrote: »
    Oppressive Darkness - When you enter stealth you deal Piercing Damage to all foes in a 25' area. Rank: +10% Damage.
    QUESTION - Oppressive Darkness
    What damage (numbers)?
    Scoundrel:
    • Master Infighter - You take 2/4/6/8/10% less damage from melee attacks.
    QUESTION - Master Infighter
    Tooltip on preview server doesn't say melee attacks, just attacks - please clarify
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Class Features
    The following class features will become available at 60 points.

Piercing damage needs to be re-coded as an attack that attacks with 100% armor penetration NOT an attack that bypasses ALL forms of resistance.

The logic that "this damage was already accounting DR and tenacity etc with the initial hit sounds great and all, but the huge problem is that not only are the abilities and skills VERY far from balanced, its bypassing feats that are supposed to make you immune to damage (example - steely defense) AND many classes are given tools (like Unstoppable) that are meant to be re-active to taking damage, so when you do something like Lashing Blade it THEN allows classes like GWFs to use unstoppable which just gets mitigated.

So unless you want to change unstoppable to be used on command SO the GWF can mitigate that 35k lashing blade SO that SoD procs for less... It will NEVER be balanced bypassing ALL forms of DR(tenacity included).

ALL of these sources of piercing damage (Shocking Execution, Shadowy Opportunity, Shadow of Demise, HRs Piercing Blade feat) should attack with 100% armor pen NOT bypass ALL DR.

Your playing an impossible balancing act, giving GWF/GF more DR feats to help them mitigate damage then you turn around and give classes feats that bypass it all.... Whats the point!?!

TR will STILL be over powered changing all their piercing damage to 100%arp instead of a bypass code. It wont affect PVE AT ALL! Its only breaking pvp. Take 2 minutes and browse the forums youll find a handful of threads about TR OP and them "1 shotting from full HP via Shocking Execute" or a TR using Lashing Blade then runming away waiting for SoD tomproc because you cant mitigate the damage.

TLDR: ALL piercing damage should NOT bypass damage resistance but MERELY attack with 100% armor penetration instead. Why add in tenacity to help in PVP if your gonna let a handful of classes ignore it?

This is DIRECT feedback to the piercing damage feat. Please Consider this.
  • Options
    reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    BUG: Life steal feats not adding life steal.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    reds351 wrote: »
    BUG: Life steal feats not adding life steal.

Is this the same old Scoundrel bug where you have to take both T1 feats in order for one to work?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    After several days of testing (day 1 until now) I have come to the following conclusions.

1. The reduction of deflection severity from 75% to 50% makes it very difficult to survive basic encounters alone.
    The reduction of deflection also cripples our encounter IMPOSSIBLE TO CATCH.

Please put our deflection severity back to 75% Thanks!

2. The lifesteal procs are few and far between. Solo encounters are hard to survive, I have strong concerns about the survivability of boss encounters for TR

3. Our best chance as TR in mod 6 would be to use black ice purified armor + for healing effects + and all radiant enchantments in attack / defense slots. Be ready to put out some serious cash people! (or change to perma stealth and pray that bosses don't kill you quickly)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    1. The reduction of deflection severity from 75% to 50% makes it very difficult to survive basic encounters alone.
    The reduction of deflection also cripples our encounter IMPOSSIBLE TO CATCH.

Please put our deflection severity back to 75% Thanks!

I would love to hear first if deflection severity decrease was planned change, or is it simply a bug (can't get the answer for days). If it was changed on purpose then they just nerfed probably most balanced tr path - Scoundrel - which relay on deflect a lot (while it practically have almost no impact on stealthed builds).

BUG: Placing points in 2 new class features after respec bugs a character - all points spent in stats, boons etc reset immediately after changing a tab
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Bug: Smoke Bomb
    Smoke Bomb is not providing full damage against level-scaled mobs (I went to ToD areas to test); each tick gives about 100 damage. This is actually a bug currently present in the live build, but it remains in Mod 6 as well.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Saboteur feats are really meh. We are already plenty of "only from behind" which is impossible to achieve in solo playing, trash mob clearing. Those particular feats (3 with the new one) are only activable consistently vs bosses.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Deflection severity for TRs seems to be bugged after all - after taking deflection elixir (300 deflect,+10% severity) the stat changes to 78,6%. All other elixirs give normal bonus for TR. Deflection elixir works as it suppose to with other classes and gives 10% severity.
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ayroux wrote: »
    ALL of these sources of piercing damage (Shocking Execution, Shadowy Opportunity, Shadow of Demise, HRs Piercing Blade feat) should attack with 100% armor pen NOT bypass ALL DR....

Just to note that SoD is not simply piercing (from another thread):
    micky1p00 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if people aware or not, but the pircing damage on SoD is not actually bypass defense and such, it's only made so the mitigation will not be counted twice.

Damage for SoD summed after calculating mitigation, so applying it again for SoD will be like tax double dipping.

For example if someone attacked for 1k damage and has 25% mitigation, the damage will be 750 and SoD 375 (half after applying mitigation and not 500), if the piercing damage removed it will be 281 and the mitigation applied twice.

It's a matter of semantics, it can be non pricing but calculated before mitigation so you will have
    1000 original hit -> 25% mitigation -> 750 hp removal
    And then:
    500 SoD -> 25% mitigation -> 375 hp removal.
    Exactly same result as piercing.

Regardless:

PvE:

1. Final Moments: To short to notice, and unreliable, either it procs where everyone already dead, or there is not enough time to get into position.

2. Deathknell :

For now (and at level 61) most things are more or last separated into two groups: die fast (mobs, minions) or takes time to kill (bosses, elites)

Last Moments has a stealthed variation with 70%, so a rotation like stealth->dazing->smoke->whirlwind->stealth(using invisible infiltrator)->blitz will most likely proc it on the last encounter (blitz here) and finish everything or stack enough for SoD to finish everything. This is not the most useful feat but it has it's chances to work

In Deathknell it is not the case, the period a mob is at 30% is extremely short up to non existent, what makes this feat even less likely to be reliable. I think it is more likely to affect PvP...

Generally: Those feats are extremely like the next tier, what makes them redundant and limits the versatility of the path.
    With the new stat curves and especially crit, perhaps feats that normalize the damage between stealth and non stealth will be more versatile.
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Bug: Knife Edge
    Knidfe edge feat in combination with Bloodbath brings all the encounters to 0 cooldown.
  • Options
    edited February 2015

Very happy with the change to final moments. It synergizes with stealth and gloaming cut very well.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    deflection severity is still bugged, should be 75 percentile
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    bug: new class feature talisman of shadow does not daze.
    bug: i m not able to put more than a point on new class feature, to better explain it does not save the changes.
    bug: same thing happens to the 4 point of all powers.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Bug: movement animations
    My TR still lurches as though his ankles were broken when I stop running. It really does look horrible, and I have trouble believing that this was ever implemented intentionally. I know it has nothing to do with combat design, but you could maybe kick a character animator and get them to look at it? I assume the walk animations that were "fixed" by introducing a different animation than the one that was originally broken also remains unchanged.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited February 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    bug: i m not able to put more than a point on new class feature, to better explain it does not save the changes.

you need to re-copy your toon. i had same problem.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »

talisman of shadow works for me and dazes yet when i re-spec it fully breaks my TR and i cant spend any feat/power/ability or boon points. This only happens with a re-spec token not the boon and feat respec.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    shadow of demise is working only on encounter use.

feat saboteur: please consider to change 1 feat with the mechanic "from behind" we have already 3 feats like that and is getting a tad much. 90% of the time it's impossible to stay behind.
  • Options
    blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Tenacious concealment tooltip says 30% reduction. With 4th power level, it would be actually 120%.
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
  • Options
    sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    blazious11 wrote: »
    Tenacious concealment tooltip says 30% reduction. With 4th power level, it would be actually 120%.

Similarly, the tooltip for Courage Breaker at 4th power point is giving an additional 30% damage reduction from enemy, pushing it to 120%
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    sabre10 wrote: »
    Similarly, the tooltip for Courage Breaker at 4th power point is giving an additional 30% damage reduction from enemy, pushing it to 120%
    many hr class feature at lv 4 dont give additional % but negative.
    please check these things for tr too, i dont have enough time
  • Options
    hattorimkdhattorimkd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    BUG: Shadow of Demise not working on Daily's
    BUG: Shadow of Demise not applying on more then 1 target when using AOE skills ( Blitz , Smoke bomb )
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    BUG Respec is still broken causes the inability to spend points

FEEDBACK: the new targeted teleport feels laggy, like it has a .5-1 ish second delay on it
This discussion has been closed.