Install Arc

Something BIG for Module 6

2»

Comments

• allternareallternare Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I will summarize the module 6
    encounters and daily !!!

and do the same things forever, until one modulo 7 come with the same thing just with different visual

neverwinter boils it now

ended the game !!

how I loved this game in the beta, I thought it would revolutionize the MMORPG, but it fell on sameness
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    That golden whip looks cool. I always want to play a class which uses whip. But there doesn't seem to be such a class in D&D. Is the whip user in the video a new class or something?

The golden whip seems to be a conjured weapon that it can disappear and re-appear.

Actually http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Whip

The whip is a part of dnd but it's a very weak weapon. However it was only used for "tripping attacks" yes it was used to grab people and toss them prone but I can see that as just artistic license. So........
    pandora1x wrote: »
    lol the hell..

Why is Knox a GF in that video, he's normally a GWF.

They're just displaying him like a normal fighter with the ability to switch it up, depending on what is needed.
    Something BIG should only be 10-man and 15-man raids with guaranteed BIS tradeable loot or something along the lines of a new massive PVP mode.

Anything other than that is a big letdown

ditch the tradable portion and get rid of boe, make it all bop, all of it, the whole game. Economies do nothing but invite exploits, no economy much less exploiters.
    burkaanc wrote: »
    if paladin then please ardent or avenging, we have enough sissies in their robes, with their sticks and toothpicks :D
    wouldnt really mind if they made GWF's in paladins, though i really doubt it

but mod 6 should have had a new class anyway, and, sadly, based on IWD im afraid it will be the hippie treehugger
    GWF's are barbarians. And those treehuggers could shapeshift and eat you.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    hustin1 wrote: »
    Something "BIG"...

Waterdeep? With Undermountain?

Once you get that far south, though, you're leaving the "Neverwinter-ness" of the game.

A tarrasque fight would likely melt the server and every player's PC; you'd need a hundred players or more just to stand a chance! It's sort of like what Douglas Adams wrote about space: it's big, really, big, unbelievably big, ... A tarrasque could swat rocs aside like butterflies and eat Tolkien's oliphaunts whole. It's THAT big.

Unfortunately all of the really epic or classic places aren't in Abeir-Toril:

A1 - Slave Pits of the Undercity -- Greyhawk
    S1 - Tomb of Horrors -- Greyhawk
    S2 - White Plume Mountain -- Greyhawk
    S3 - Expedition to the Barrier Peaks -- Greyhawk
    T1-4 Temple of Elemental Evil -- Greyhawk

B1 - In Search of the Unknown -- Mystara
    B2 - Keep on the Borderlands -- Mystara
    B3 - Palace of the Silver Princess -- Mystara
    X2 - Castle Amber -- Mystara

Even Q1 - Queen of the Demonweb Pits is in Greyhawk. Generally speaking all of the really classic modules are either in Greyhawk (AD&D) or Mystara(BX).

Unfortunately I have little knowledge of Forgotten Realms lore. What might exist in FR that could fit the bill?

Edit -- Not Oerth, Mystara! Greyhawk is in Oerth.

Hustin, the only level 100 module is out of a Forgotten Realms campaign. The Bloodstone Pass (H series) of modules is suitably epic, as it involves a trip to the Abyss to take the Wand of Orcus. :)
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• mh0rammh0ram Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Guild Housing, yes please.
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited September 2014
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    Hustin, the only level 100 module is out of a Forgotten Realms campaign. The Bloodstone Pass (H series) of modules is suitably epic, as it involves a trip to the Abyss to take the Wand of Orcus. :)

Heh. My ancient D&D group played through Bloodstone Pass. There was a town of Liches on the layer of the Abyss lorded over by Orcus. The party joked around about the Lich town singing Christmas songs especially "We wish your a Merry Christmas". In the campaign, Wish spells were cast by just saying 'I (or We) wish ...'.

"We wish you a Merry Xmas. We wish you a Merry Xmas. We wish you a Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year".

It's gonna be an Epic Xmas!!!!!!!
  • izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I want tooltip to easy change my powers!
    Or give us two sets of powers, which we can change for PVP/Boss fights.
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    And those treehuggers could shapeshift and eat you.

if theyd shapeshift i could eat them, provided they transform to something edible like bear. top of the food chain, just sayin
    Paladin Master Race
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    burkaanc wrote: »
    if theyd shapeshift i could eat them, provided they transform to something edible like bear. top of the food chain, just sayin

Gargantuan Wild Shape Feat. Enough said.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Remember guys, the ToD video was a D&D thing, NOT specific to Neverwinter. That's why Knox has a shield, and Celeste is using a holy whip.

Also, Mod 5? 10 main raid versus Tiamat's avatar? Yes, please.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    While I really want guild housing as well, if that is the big feature they will introduce the next 2 modules, this game will be in trouble.

Guild Housing is a good feature but it is not endgame. Please start making endgame and stop wasting time on dailies
  • nwaurionnwaurion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited September 2014
    Dailies are endgame. Once you completed the story quests by Knox, you do dailies. So endgame.
  • rezielereziele Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 66
    edited September 2014
    Guild housing? ohyespls!
    More hardcore dungeons, some funny skirmishes and more pvp too, ty.
    ~We need more PvP types. Tired of Dominations!~
  • nyterazor#4638 nyterazor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Would be nice if they increased the quality of the graphics and how about companions to lvl 60. :D
  • sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Would be nice if they increased the quality of the graphics and how about companions to lvl 60. :D
    So you can pay a billion AD to rank up your purple to a orange...
  • nyterazor#4638 nyterazor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    With all of these dragons, it may be Tiamat. Take a look near the end of this cool video of Tiamat at 1:22 -> http://dnd.wizards.com/dungeons-and-dragons/story
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014

Meh. Most people will still be using stone due to the dumb AI and also augments will scale accordingly and still be BIS
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ha...real dungeoners use a Cat. And have to keep an endless supply of milk.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    cayapp wrote: »
    Ha...real dungeoners use a Cat. And have to keep an endless supply of milk.

False. Cats are lactose intolerant.
  • lagrilladelagrillade Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    hustin1 wrote: »
    Something "BIG"...

A tarrasque fight would likely melt the server and every player's PC; you'd need a hundred players or more just to stand a chance! It's sort of like what Douglas Adams wrote about space: it's big, really, big, unbelievably big, ... A tarrasque could swat rocs aside like butterflies and eat Tolkien's oliphaunts whole. It's THAT big.

Tarrasque is not that big. http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/tarrasque.htm
    50 feet tall is big, but what, less than Tiamat.

In paper and pen game 3.5 edition it is doable with a 5-men team highly skilled.
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    lagrillade wrote: »
    Tarrasque is not that big. http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/tarrasque.htm
    50 feet tall is big, but what, less than Tiamat.

In paper and pen game 3.5 edition it is doable with a 5-men team highly skilled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SKRegBHElo

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Closing this necro now that jorifice1 has summoned the zombie hunters. Read the Rules folks! If it's been over 30 days since the last reply, don't resurrect it unless you've gotten permission from a Moderator first. Thanks!

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    [ RoC | ToS | Support ]
This discussion has been closed.