test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

OMG! They Finally Did It!

powerpuffponypowerpuffpony Member Posts: 102 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I have been here since closed beta. Since open beta the Shield Of The Steel Bulwark has been upside down. Now obviously it was not a game stopping bug by any means but it was annoying and seemed like something that could be fixed easily in 5 minutes.

oRqM3kM.jpg

Rotated 180 degrees:
5ejVHRR.png

Back in August of 2013 I created a bug thread on it. I created a second one in a different bug section in October 2013. Every month I would post to my bug thread with updates.. For an entire year.

Luckily Ryan the Product Manager did an AMA on Reddit in November 2014. Happily he answered my post about the Shield Of The Steel Bulwark being upside down and agreed that it should be an easy fix. He stated he would send it to their internal feedback list... There a QA guy would make a JIRA and hopefully a programmer would fix it.

I am happy to say it is now fixed! Ryan the Product Manager came though 100%

The Shield Of The Steel Bulwark is now correctly held right-side up! Thank you very much Ryan and Cryptic! :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    nautilus777nautilus777 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Lol, congrats.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    And there was much rejoicing!
  • Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Very spiffy! Equally as awesome, Ioun Stones of Radiance finally have different skins on preview. :)
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Little by little . . . :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hrmmmm... I wonder if that upside-down Bahamut Adventurer's Transmute Wizard Orb is fixe... er, I shouldn't push others' luck. LOL
  • Options
    luccameluccame Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Happy 2015!

FHQhErr.jpg
    2OtYqC9.jpg
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Now if only they could re-re-re-re-fix the Savage Skull of the Many-Arrows orb to stop staring at me. :(
  • Options
    powerpuffponypowerpuffpony Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    luccame wrote: »
    Happy 2015!

Indeed!

Qh3bH1v.jpg
  • Options
    xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    eldarth wrote: »
    Now if only they could re-re-re-re-fix the Savage Skull of the Many-Arrows orb to stop staring at me. :(

I know right!!!!! My most favorite CW weapon skin and its been re-re-wonkyfied! It is promising that they throw little fixes out here and there. Maybe someday my skull will stop eyballing me as well :)

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• Options
    cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Cool. I've still got one of these in my bank for a possible future transmute.
  • Options
    landoras1975landoras1975 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Wait, so you're saying it takes them 1,5 years to fix a "simple" bug?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Wait, so you're saying it takes them 1,5 years to fix a "simple" bug?
    ...or more. ....or maybe never.
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Great, now i'd like to see them fix this aswell:

1z14prm.jpg

weaponclip.png

Thanks in advance!?

• Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Not to mention that the Bow of the Thayan Zealot has been upside down since DR launched, yet it has not been fixed despite the devs admitting they were aware of it.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I would like to see the horse from the trade bar vendor fixed. Its my favorite mount and the only reason I never upgraded it to legendery was the horible clipping it has. check out the link to my old post here. here

They did fix the wukeen sword by the second time the event rolled around, which was rad, but the horse never got enough attention to get fixed.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• Options
    splosionssplosions Member Posts: 31 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2015

Thanks in advance!?

Is that a particular sword, or stance? What's actually causing that?
  • Options
    slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    don't think i seen a weapon on my GWF that did not clip his back like that, general issue i'd say.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015

1z14prm.jpg

weaponclip.png

Thanks in advance!?
    "There will come a time when you must achieve a goal at all costs. It may come in attack or in defense. And the only way will be to allow the sword to be sheathed in your own body. ... when the price is worth the gain, and there is no other choice left to you. That is called Sheathing the Sword. Remember it." -- The Great Hunt, Robert Jordan

Seems an appropriate quote for that image.
  • Options
    katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Splosions wrote: »

Guys... They're actually watching this thread!

So, I hear that the preview server isn't up yet ***wink nudge push***

Anyways, I've see that randomly on my GWF occasionally, haven't noticed a particular pattern.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited January 2015

It seems to be the stance. It seems that its an issue of where the sword is attached to the character model that causes it to clip into you, at certain postures.

BTW, nice to see a new Dev around here.
  • Options
    enantiosenantios Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Its an issue on slim male character models where their in game idle stance causes the clipping; in the character selection screen and character information screen that kind of clipping isn't there due to having a different stance.
  • Options
    samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I've been following this story with much interest for a while now. Glad to see it resolved ;D
    ────────────────────────────
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
    ────────────────────────────
  • Options
    edited January 2015
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    eldarth wrote: »
    OMG Stop STARING at me! No brains for you!

bec0b0b1d39f8910d98ca36a420e7a15.png

But it likes you. Who are you to reject an evil artifact's love and affection.
  • Options
    bobhunter1bobhunter1 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited January 2015

It's great that we have VFX Artist post here.
    Could we Please have Gemmed Exquisit Shirt fixed for human as well? It gives us double chin... does not only happen to me.

xiHJJIN.jpg
  • Options
    naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    bobhunter1 wrote: »
    It's great that we have VFX Artist post here.
    Could we Please have Gemmed Exquisit Shirt fixed for human as well? It gives us double chin... does not only happen to me.

xiHJJIN.jpg

So regarding that, and I've filed bug reports on this before and done testing, there's a few things with that:

- The shirt he's referring to is for Devoted Clerics
    - The issue is with the shirt itself as indicated.
    - It affects all DC chain shirts except the starting Shirt.
    - The issue is exclusive to males.
    - It is not isolated to any given race
    - The issue seems to be caused by the way the shirt interacts with the textures for skin? It always matches; I tried it on a drow once on preview and it still had the same thing going on.
    - The issue is related to the Module 3 appearance changes. Something in the mesh of the chain shirt is not compatible with the new faces, much like how the DC Tier 1 helms look stupid on Mod 3 appearance characters as they have a huge gap between the tiny Mod 3 receeding chin that the original appearances do not have. Characters made before Mod 3 and not changed to the new appearances do not have this issue; I believe the larger heads and shorter necks make the skin-coloured part simply lay flush with the head.

Speaking of GWFs and stance issues, something needs to be done about HRs and their terrible posture. They stare at the floor all the time.

Oh, and despite adding *a* walk animation back in a while back, TR's walk animation is STILL not fixed as it is NOT in any way shape or form the nice elegant walk we had prior to Mod 4 <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> it up. The new one is this stiff messed-up thing that's embarrassing to use.

It does amuse me that while Ioun Stone of Radiance is indeed finally fixed on preview to have its own appearance that changes with rank, it STILL doesn't match the icon, which continues to be pink.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    But it likes you. Who are you to reject an evil artifact's love and affection.

LOL. Just noticed it's fixed on preview server - yay! Wonder if it will make it live before it breaks again.
  • Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I raise my glass of mead to this!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    noetic2noetic2 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    For a long time I had frog feet. I mean like a size 22 shoe on a regular body. Got so self conscious about it that I paid money to re-size them. (Maybe that is the point of giving players over-sized feet.) Shortened them as much as possible and they STILL look a bit dorky.