edited January 2015 in PvP Discussion
i get bunch of yelow ,blue lvl 60 stuff that i need to discard every day
since mod 3 i cant remeber single time i got something i can use or sell
can u stop with that plz
Post edited by f2pma on

Comments

• thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Agreed. It isn't even always Tenacity gear, so it is utterly worthless.

They should rather hand out RP as rewards
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    blue 60 gear is never worthless. if you don't want it send it to me and let me take care of it for you.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    sprawlfx wrote: »
    blue 60 gear is never worthless.

By worthless, they mean its not worth the hassle of having it build in your inventory and being able to do a bunch of clicks and it for a few gold. If he were to save them all and give it to you, it would be just as much hassle/work if not more.

You can also spend the day going around the nearest mall and picking up pennies on the floor, but its still considered worthless and a waste of time.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    sprawlfx wrote: »
    blue 60 gear is never worthless. if you don't want it send it to me and let me take care of it for you.

More then half of the time I get blue 59 lvl gear as a reward for PvP match.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'd give either a purple PvP piece from basic set as a regular drop for 1st place, T1 less common, T2 rare, alternate with refining point items with also a small chance to drop opals, for example.
    Can make them BoP.
    For 2nd place can be the same but with lower chances to drop a T1/T2/opal.

Another reward alternating with gear and refining stuff, could be a x2 glory multiplier so you also have a chance to get double glory as a reward.

This, only if your team wins. If your team loses and you're first, lvl 60 blue gear.

At least now your have useful stuff dropping.

Would also add refining stuff to glory shop. Such as opals for 20k glory or so.

I mean there are ways to make PvP more rewarding considering how frustrating it is with current matchmaking.
  • lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yep there should be a toggle. Now, f2p economic model is to fill your bags with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • beatannierbeatannier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Sometimes I think, these junk prizes are just a penalty for a weak play.
    Thus; I get it as an inside–game joke. All depends on attitude.
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I can't believe people are complaining about free stuff now.

Typical self-entitled, self-absorbed mentality: "If *I* don't like it, that must mean *nobody* likes it, therefore I want it gone for everyone"

And yes in the rare instances that one of my characters gets a blue lvl 60 item after a PVP match, it instantly goes into gear for refining, so it is not worthless.
  • hughwoatmeighhughwoatmeigh Banned Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    pointsman wrote: »
    I can't believe people are complaining about free stuff now.

Typical self-entitled, self-absorbed mentality: "If *I* don't like it, that must mean *nobody* likes it, therefore I want it gone for everyone"

And yes in the rare instances that one of my characters gets a blue lvl 60 item after a PVP match, it instantly goes into gear for refining, so it is not worthless.

so edgy

/10chars
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    beatannier wrote: »
    Sometimes I think, these junk prizes are just a penalty for a weak play.
    I actually do feel like that most of the time. Because when I get on top of the board in any pvp match I usually didn't care controlling the battle at all and just zerged uncaptured points. Nevermind there is a rogue on our base capping and there is noone else who can take care of that :P

Usually I just scrap all blues, too lazy to go to a vendor and sell it for gold.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Funny, I haven't found anything I cannot put a use to; Sell for gold, use for Artifact equipment refining, give to Guild or sell for AD.
    edited January 2015
    Funny, I haven't found anything I cannot put a use to; Sell for gold, use for Artifact equipment refining, give to Guild or sell for AD.

These complaints are undoubtedly coming from people who have Full Rank 10's and 7xLegendary items, their entire guild also has Full Rank 10's and 7xLegendary items, and has not had a polite conversation with anyone under 20k GS in several months. So to them, lvl 60 greens and blues have almost no value. But just because they have no value to *them* doesn't mean that they don't have any value to others.
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    These complaints are undoubtedly coming from people who have Full Rank 10's and 7xLegendary items, their entire guild also has Full Rank 10's and 7xLegendary items, and has not had a polite conversation with anyone under 20k GS in several months. So to them, lvl 60 greens and blues have almost no value. But just because they have no value to *them* doesn't mean that they don't have any value to others.

Keep arguing that point.. but its not true. Its all junk. You can literally buy a full set of t1/t2 for under 50k ad for most sets. I dont even think thats a weeks work for a beginner level 60. You keep arguing your point though. Im sure there is another 1% out there that agrees with you.

Since they are not going to change the RP system, a better reward would be some RP stones. Peridots, Opals, Sapphires, etc.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • vcekvcek Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    you really too lazy to right-click discard ? maybe they should remove the Uncommon drops. Newbs need those armour for refinement don't forget.
    edited January 2015
    stah01 wrote: »
    Keep arguing that point.. but its not true. Its all junk. You can literally buy a full set of t1/t2 for under 50k ad for most sets. I dont even think thats a weeks work for a beginner level 60. You keep arguing your point though. Im sure there is another 1% out there that agrees with you.

Since they are not going to change the RP system, a better reward would be some RP stones. Peridots, Opals, Sapphires, etc.

It's RP for people who don't have 7xLegendaries already. Which is about 95+% of the players. But the entitled <5%, who find these items a nuisance, want to get rid of them for everyone.

And they're FREE!

A matching blue item gives 600 RP. And you want to trade that away for a Peridot which gives 500 RP?
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    That's if you get a level 60 item and I get level 59's quite frequently which means 0 RP. So yes I woul rather have a guaranteed 500 points of rp.. and why do you keep bringing up 7 legendary's. The fact is its a waste of a reward and takes up usable bag space because it doesnt stack.

No please argue more about how worthwhile it is to get these and make sure you include the people with 5x and 10x legendary items.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • vvergvverg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    pando83 wrote: »
    I'd give either a purple PvP piece from basic set as a regular drop for 1st place, T1 less common, T2 rare, alternate with refining point items with also a small chance to drop opals, for example.
    Can make them BoP.
    For 2nd place can be the same but with lower chances to drop a T1/T2/opal.

That... is a bad idea. I already notice that as example TR's (more classes can killsteal easily though) are timing their Lashing Blades so they can killsteal so that they get 50~150 points instead of just 25.

It's better to give everyone in the winning team the same chance to earn a good reward, no matter what "rank" they are. This way you will get MUCH better teamwork cause especially pug PvP just lacks teamwork and people would care bit less about killstealing.
    signature-lili.png
  • shirfshirf Banned Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's RP for people who don't have 7xLegendaries already. Which is about 95+% of the players. But the entitled <5%, who find these items a nuisance, want to get rid of them for everyone.

And they're FREE!

A matching blue item gives 600 RP. And you want to trade that away for a Peridot which gives 500 RP?

I gladly would. It's just a pain. Especially the green junk if you're not first. The level 59 stuff is just trolling us. I can make more RP in a minute than in a whole pvp match (presuming that I'm first). Honestly it's not worth arguing against. I'd rather argue about the rp system itself.
  • jumboyetjumboyet Member Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    the problem is it dosent stack. if you do 20 -> 50 pvp games a day your bags fill up quickly. and its boring to discard it all. Even if you have all the greater bags of holding and the dragonborn bag its still fills up and its getting boring
  • froszztfroszzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    morenthar wrote: »
    Actually, you are so in the minority over this, your opinion doesn't count. Now, if you really wanted your opinion to matter, you'd be advocating for RP awards that are far more useful. Two birds, one stone. REFINING STONE. I'm so clever. You may carry on.

I remember you replying to something I said not long ago, in just this toxic troll way. "Your opinion doesn't count"

I can't believe you are still roaming the forums saying that to people with a straight face. Who are you anyway..
    edited January 2015
    jumboyet wrote: »
    the problem is it dosent stack. if you do 20 -> 50 pvp games a day your bags fill up quickly. and its boring to discard it all. Even if you have all the greater bags of holding and the dragonborn bag its still fills up and its getting boring

This is what some people are not getting in their heads. If it did stack, or if you had an option to autorefine it, I would love to have blue lvl 60 belts and weapons as rewards.
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    How fast is PVP Queing for you? In my experience it takes a while. More than enough time to hit 'i', identify a few items, click the auction icon, and dump them all off into 'My consignements' at a market rate of 300-1000 AD per.Heck I'm often enough goofing with markets or messing with my inventory anyway waiting for a PVP que to go through.
    edited January 2015
    That's if you get a level 60 item and I get level 59's quite frequently which means 0 RP. So yes I woul rather have a guaranteed 500 points of rp.. and why do you keep bringing up 7 legendary's. The fact is its a waste of a reward and takes up usable bag space because it doesnt stack.

I also think that if there is an option to automatically refine your artifacts with the drops, it would work much better than clunky system now
    No please argue more about how worthwhile it is to get these and make sure you include the people with 5x and 10x legendary items.

Eh don't argue too much with him
    edited January 2015
    morenthar wrote: »
    Actually, you are so in the minority over this, your opinion doesn't count. Now, if you really wanted your opinion to matter, you'd be advocating for RP awards that are far more useful. Two birds, one stone. REFINING STONE. I'm so clever. You may carry on.

Look. I'm appreciative of getting any RP award at all after completion of any task, whether it be a PVP match or not.

It continues to boggle my mind that people complain about getting FREE RP.

It is somewhat understandable coming from people who already have 7xLegendaries because they have no more use for it. But everyone else? Yes it is useful!

Of course the lvl 59 stuff should go. But the lvl 60 stuff goes directly into my gear for refining. It's FREE RP.

There is thread after thread here on the forums from people complaining about the lack of RP. And here is a situation where RP is just handed out for free after doing something that people were already going to be doing anyway (i.e., not mindless farming), and people are complaining!

Would a RP stone be MORE useful? Sure. But the RP that we already get is STILL useful.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Look. I'm appreciative of getting any RP award at all after completion of any task, whether it be a PVP match or not.

It continues to boggle my mind that people complain about getting FREE RP.

It is somewhat understandable coming from people who already have 7xLegendaries because they have no more use for it. But everyone else? Yes it is useful!

Of course the lvl 59 stuff should go. But the lvl 60 stuff goes directly into my gear for refining. It's FREE RP.

There is thread after thread here on the forums from people complaining about the lack of RP. And here is a situation where RP is just handed out for free after doing something that people were already going to be doing anyway (i.e., not mindless farming), and people are complaining!

Would a RP stone be MORE useful? Sure. But the RP that we already get is STILL useful.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Perhaps free, but uses time and more than it should, identifying, opening the right artifact (if already refining then at least get the x2 bonus for a match), dragging..
    It takes time, and while I (and i assume many others) waste away a lot of time in the game, the idea is to enjoy it, this inventory sorting / ordering is not enjoyable but a tedious chore especially when those items accumulate.
    I'll rather not have those "free" gifts, I believe the appropriate phrase is 'white elephant'....
    edited January 2015
    micky1p00 wrote: »
    Perhaps free, but uses time and more than it should, identifying, opening the right artifact (if already refining then at least get the x2 bonus for a match), dragging..
    It takes time, and while I (and i assume many others) waste away a lot of time in the game, the idea is to enjoy it, this inventory sorting / ordering is not enjoyable but a tedious chore especially when those items accumulate.
    I'll rather not have those "free" gifts, I believe the appropriate phrase is 'white elephant'....

Opportunity cost is the word. Picking up pennies on the mall is also "free money" but its still a waste of time and an horrible idea to do it.

It is 2014. Stop insulting gamers with awful filler to hide greedy loot progression design.
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    micky1p00 wrote: »

Again. Serious question. How are you getting your next PVP match to que so fast that you do not have time to do this??? It takes 10 seconds. I want to know how to get matches to que so fast that this activity is a waste of time....
    edited January 2015
    Opportunity cost is the word. Picking up pennies on the mall is also "free money" but its still a waste of time and an horrible idea to do it.

It is 2014. Stop insulting gamers with awful filler to hide greedy loot progression design.

A better analogy is: Someone anonymously keeps putting dollar bills into your wallet, and you complain because they aren't $50 bills and they take up so much space in your wallet.

If any of you want to relieve yourself of your awful, awful FREE RP burdens, kindly send them all to me at @pointsman and I will be happy to dispose of them for you.
  • beatannierbeatannier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A true analogy: Someone anonymously keeps putting single cents into your wallet and because you use euro, you need to exchange, but cost of every exchange costs 3 cents for every coin. Thus, you rather just throw away every single coin than spending 3 times a much to get a single coin.

I would like to remind that these rewards are all (most?) unidentified and ID scroll is wort more that these rewards (also, lvl 59 are worthless as can`t be used to refine).
    Come one, just destroy all this unidentified <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and sell your ID scrolls, then buy identified matching lvl 60 blue gear (if you want to play for ages with refining artifact gear with +600 <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>).