test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tired of fighting 1 hit Kill TR. Any advice?

robotpolisrobotpolis Member Posts: 24 Arc User
edited January 2015 in PvP Discussion
So, i'm a GF. Grim PVP set, 15k+ GS... Then a TR just came out from nowhere and 1 Hit kill me(from full hp), or best cut 90% of my HP just to follow by a smoke bomb daze and I died. I cannot even put up my guard...
I am a tank, it does not make sense for a tank to not even survive a one shot attack.
Please don't start talking nonsense like my HP is low,no tenacity or whatsoever.
Just take the fact that a TR can 1 hit shot even a (moderate) tank.

Then, How am i supposed to fight this? This is becoming more frustrating...

Anyway, If you ever notice that PVP now is in a very sad state. 2/5 of a party are TRs.
Even TRs with ~9K were spotted, and they own people with much better equips just fine using the same tactic mentioned..
Post edited by robotpolis on

Comments

• hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    robotpolis wrote: »
    So, i'm a GF. Grim PVP set, 15k+ GS... Then a TR just came out from nowhere and 1 Hit kill me(from full hp), or best cut 90% of my HP just to follow by a smoke bomb daze and I died. I cannot even put up my guard...
    I am a tank, it does not make sense for a tank to not even survive a one shot attack.
    Please don't start talking nonsense like my HP is low,no tenacity or whatsoever.

Anyway, If you ever notice that PVP now is in a very sad state. 2/5 of a party are TRs.
    Even TRs with ~9K were spotted, and they own people with much better equips just fine using the same tactic mentioned..

get bored of lay dead from 1 hit.. Welcome to warlock's world.. :)

2 from 5 are TR.. kinda lucky.. For me its kinda usual thing to get in dominion fights where I am the only 1 SW and all other players are TR. And the you can watch fight between ghosts.
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • joocycuzzzzzzjoocycuzzzzzz Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Nothing we can do really. Wait for them to eventually be fixed.

Afterwards, DPS DC and Trapper HR's roots need fixing as well.

It's pretty much like this in every mod, at least 3 things from different classes are broken, get used to it.
    Beta player

One of the many Control Wizards that misses Shard Of The Endless Avalanche. RIP Shard (Beta-Mod3)
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Nothing we can do really. Wait for them to eventually be fixed.
    Trapper HR's roots need fixing as well.
    really badly^
  • grac3n77grac3n77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    In every attack sounds always come first you have 60ms to block or avoid that attack. ^^
  • ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    grac3n77 wrote: »
    In every attack sounds always come first you have 60ms to block or avoid that attack. ^^

yeah, only that the human reaction time is 600 ms....
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    He can back into a wall and hold block..

or he can turn to the sound and hold block...

You dont need hardtarget..

I am trying to make his life easier since he has not solved the problems on his own..

"Turn to the sound" supposed you have a directional audio headset. Which is unrelated to game mechanics.
    Back into a wall means you are just trying to barely survive. I can understand if a GF turtle with his back into a wall in a 2v1-3v1 fight and so on. In a 1v1 fight turtling in a corner to survive is not fighting...

Also: hardtargetlock somehow using the /bind 'button' Hardtargetlock on GWF does not keep the lock up, may be i messed something when i tested it.

I know you try to help him.
    What i am discussing is the fact that since i started playing the "solutions" proposed to fight TRs were either not practical (use lantern artifact to reveal. Too bad you can't base your tactics on a artifact with 2min cooldown), or not real game mechanic vs game mechanic. For example: learn to predict where a stealth TR is. AKA: train till you can anticipate the movements of your enemy to be able to fight back, or die. Can also be translated into: learn to consistently OUTPLAY your opponent just to have a 50/50 chance to win. Cause anticipating your opponent moves is outplaying him.
    Also, using 5.1 sound and learn to locate an invisible target through sound is quite borderline. Is it a requirement to have directional audio to play neverwinter PvP? TRs need that to fight a GWF? TRs need to learn to anticipate every GWF move to fight back?

Answer: nope.

So these are not real solutions.

Mechanic vs mechanic is, example: GWF vs GF, the GF blocks and try to charge/ stun/ prone, using his superior HP and DR+ powers to kill the enemy. On the other side, the GWF can use his superior mobility to rush at the GF back and strike.

Mechanic vs mechanic is also: CW tries to attack the GWF and CC the GWF. The GWF tries to dodge the CC using sprint. Then tries to attack. The CW tries to dodge his attacks through teleports. 50-50 chance to hit and dodge. You try to "guess" what the enemy will do to attack you, he tries to guess when you will dodge. Both players have same tools and chance to hit or get hit.

TR vs GWF so far till stealth changes: TR stealth, attacks the GWF who is plain visible and vulnerable. TR in immunity. TR double immunity rolls away into stealth. Move around reacting to GWF movements and evading. GWF is attacked by an invisible enemy. Learn to predict how he will move, anticipate his movements, outplay him to find the TR and may be hit him. It is not a 50-50 chance to hit or dodge. TR got 100% chance to hit, while GWF got 0% chance to hit UNLESS the GWF could greatly outplay the TR (anticipating his every movement).

Now stealth reveal upon attack made things more "normal". You attack from stealth and the enemy is vulnerable BUT can move around to evade, then you are vulnerable but can dodge roll or use other tools to survive those 2 seconds and go back into stealth.

What is not normal? 1-shotting moves or dailies. Expecially considering how much AP artifacts and DC artifact increase the frequency of dailies. A TR can 100% 1-shot a GWF or SW. Want example? Here we go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVbERcqsC5w

First 13 seconds, TR is stealth or immune, the daily and gg, SF proc. Then finish. 1:01: 47 seconds later, another 1-shot daily. 1:44, another 1-shot SE. 2:48, here we go again. And keep in mind it is not "hey, the SW is squishy". Could very well be a 44k HP sentinel, we have reports of the exact same thing cause SE ignores all defense INCLUDED tenacity, and GWFs have no proper dodge.

It's so ******ed i don't think we should really argue if it's OP or not...
    edited January 2015
    ortzhy wrote: »
    yeah, only that the human reaction time is 600 ms....

Learn to surpass your limits, human. Can't you do that? Then L2P. Or play at your skill limit and train super hard to keep up with us TRs.

In the meanwhile, we'll press our "1" button to 1-shot nuke you while eating a snack.
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Well, I'm a bit bored of PvE so I started to play PvP again but now with my SW trying to get him to 30/30 too, I like the fact that most people consider the SW to be the worst character for PvP atm and I tried to make him as tanky as possible, most players expect that it's going to be a free kill for them so I give them a surprise, anyway, I'm not here to complain nor argue against TRs about their mechanics, I just wanted to share something funny:

Scenario: Domination, my SW with 50k HP vs this TR with 17k using GVorpal (not even Perfect and no legendary items).
    2jg8ad3.jpg

It was 1v1, my HP was full and he just used his SE on me, crit 44k + 6s later 50% of that dmg. Press Tab for Stealth - Daily Button - Win. It must be really boring to be a TR imo.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    pando83 wrote: »
    Learn to surpass your limits, human. Can't you do that? Then L2P. Or play at your skill limit and train super hard to keep up with us TRs.

In the meanwhile, we'll press our "1" button to 1-shot nuke you while eating a snack.

just wanting to pointing out that 600 ms is the human reaction to switching pedal while driving in a dangerous situation, i m quite sure changing buttons with hands in a not mortal situation is faster xD
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited January 2015

my advice is stay away from pvp til mod 6 where it will hopefully be fixed. cause there is literally no way around it. if i see a tr and i don't have 3 teammates vs him i run away cause i know if he even winks at me I'm dead and that's with most classes. i struggle to take him on with my gf. even more with other classes the only class i can take them down fairly with is my cw and as long as i time my dodge right when he gets close i can cc to death. it works well considering all my cw is is control freak.
  • kr3ndkr3nd Member Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    How do a GWF dodge the 1-shotting daily? And warlocks? Oh yeah, they have no dodges and GWF DR is not taken into account, the 30% DR from sprint could as well be a huge shield made of beautyful flowers, it would have the same defensive ability vs SE, cause hey, it's a TR daily so it must execute in a shocking way. What if you get dazed and then SE 1-shotted? Wait, you know what would be even more shocking? If SE could hit AoE the whole PvP map and 1-shot all the enemies unless they dodge exactly in the same way. :rolleyes:

You TRs have a weird idea of balance: for you guys it's balance where you can dominate with little to normal effort, but the enemy must play flawlessly and know how to nail millisecond timings to survive, or he sucks and need to L2P.
    Like the old: hey, i can do whatever i want, attack and disengage whenever i need to, and only time my own rotation to have minimal vulnerability. But you can fight back! I swear! Just learn to track my movements through 5.1 sound! Train to predict how i will move during stealth and what i am thinking during the fight! You can do it! Just a few hundred of hours of training!

What about this idea of balance: You can use stealth but have also windows of non-invisibility/no immunity as it is now, and you deal strong DPS bursts but cannot 1-shot people pressing 1 button or, more difficult, 1 button and then ANOTHER BUTTON!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Is it just me or does SE hits trough guard? Somehow everyone forgets to mention GF-s when they QQ about SE dodging issues.
    I know sometimes guard is just draining stamina and does not protect me, but whenever I can try to guard an SE either this bug happens or it just ignored my only def mechanism.
  • ibench200ibench200 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited January 2015

i think u need to stack more *damage resistance* . executioner path has alot of damage while stealth boosts and even ignore 1/4 of your defence feats: edit*** so if your damamge resistance is 50%, quite high, the feat will reduce it by like 13, on top of their armor pen so you need high DR to deal with 1 shot.
    so you need to have high damage resistance plus hp to be tanky against one shot trs. and maybe less offence stats? trade for defence
  • ibench200ibench200 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    briar twine with high defence stats can be quite good against trs and high dps peeps in general
  • ratattacksratattacks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i am refering to the one suggesting we should invest in DR while shocking IGNORES DR
    edited January 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    just wanting to pointing out that 600 ms is the human reaction to switching pedal while driving in a dangerous situation, i m quite sure changing buttons with hands in a not mortal situation is faster xD

Just wanting pointing out that in dangerous situations you have adrenaline increased, which speeds up your reactions and mental processes. So in a non-dangeorus situation your are actually slower.
    As fast as it can be, a human eye blink is around 300 ms, which is still 5 times more than the 60 ms mentioned.
    Now if you are seriously implying we must learn to react 5 times faster than a blink of an eye to fight TRs, we can end it here cause it would get too ridiculous.

But since i guess you are joking, we can go back on topic.

Now, i can say 100% that pre-stealth nerf, it was not acceptable since TR could safely play with lazy reflexes and still kite enemies, just normally reacting to their movements. No need for light-fast reactions or predicting skills. Just time your own rotation and evade in stealth. The enemy GWF could fight back only if they got tons of skills to outplay the TR (predict movements during stealth) and got light-fast reflexes to nail that blink-of-an-eye instant during which the TR was spotted, praying latency would not fu*k up our timing and deflection would not nullify our stun. Even so, SoulForged enchant on a TR was pretty much a second life. See Nanners vs PapaBIGN "learning the balance of aggressiveness" video. And this was module 4.

Module 5 saw DPS buff, roll buff, stealth still there, deflection buff, intimidation nerf. Result: see JeB vs Nanners video (top GWF vs top TR on youtube).

Now i could not PvP much after stealth rework but that was a good change which actually made the matchup more even.
    Still, we have the issue of unmitigated damage and 1-shotting SE. SE seems a daily that devs can't balance correctly. They either nerf it too much, or make it a 1-shot kill. Same with TR DPS in general.

The point is to make a system that allows "normal" DPS in PvP for a DPS class, and very high single target DPS on bosses/minibosses in PvE.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You can block SE.

I am shocked that you are saying SE ignores Block....

You can get hit from behind while blocking..

So look in the direction TR is coming from before you block.

That is all I was saying..

This was the solution for the GF saying he can't do anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited January 2015

I surpass my limits each new morning when I visit the WC
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i still would argue about reaction time...if the eye reaction time was really 350 ms we could not notice a difference between a 70 ms ping and a 340 ms right?
  • zibbioszibbios Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Doesnt matter, youre dead anyway.
  • rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    i still would argue about reaction time...if the eye reaction time was really 350 ms we could not notice a difference between a 70 ms ping and a 340 ms right?

Besides this, the 60ms was just made up. I've had enough time to react to the sounds of footsteps and I am by no means above average in the reflex department. Doesn't always work but it can be done.
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • isuuck2isuuck2 Member Posts: 491 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    grac3n77 wrote: »
    i heard a tr about to throw shadow strike and then i hit my guard and turned around but i still got dazed. you know why? because from all my reflex taking into effect and the turning around and the .25secs for guard to take effect i still got dazed and shocking executed. The skills and godly ability needed to fight a tr 1v1 is <expletive removed>.
  • canmanncanmann Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited January 2015

As a GF pile on the HPs... the TR that hit me for 39.8k yesterday probably knew he was about to have a bad day when I was still at 40% health.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Best solution - roll your own rogue and oneshot them before they do.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i`m not 23k, only 15k and got evel posting from a TR who was killed 2 vs 1, DC and me against him, so upset about his fail, he made me his personal enemy...first time i met him, didn´t know this guy
    i more and more become the impression: this godmode-feeling could have bad sideeffects to some people, so think about it
    "Playing TR could cause nervous breakdown or some sort of megalomania (just googled)"
  • jondbxjondbx Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    There will never be true balance in PVP, however, a class that can go invisible just should not get the kind of one shot abilities and stuns that they have.
  • zibbioszibbios Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Best solution - roll your own rogue and oneshot them before they do.

No. /5char
  • fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    If u have a chance to see the tr, u can bull charge to knock him down while he is casing shocking excursion
  • vaulwynvaulwyn Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You can block SE.

I am shocked that you are saying SE ignores Block....

You can get hit from behind while blocking..

So look in the direction TR is coming from before you block.

That is all I was saying..

This was the solution for the GF saying he can't do anything.

Which way should that be? He is invisible, block also has a delay. Sorry but you are clueless about GF vs TR.
    GF - Sigh
  • kr3ndkr3nd Member Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Well I tested it, I can block it, but only if my shield is up when his animation starts, meaning h should be stupid enough to cast it into a block.

Otherwise only bulls charge works, but that can't defend you forever, especially if it is on cd.
  • cryptfoundationcryptfoundation Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    canmann wrote: »
    As a GF pile on the HPs... the TR that hit me for 39.8k yesterday probably knew he was about to have a bad day when I was still at 40% health.

Well you have 66k health as a GF I'm assuming (don't think anyother class can get that high) so since you're so devoted in to defense then how did you kill the TR after he hit you for that hard, (assuming you're talking about a one shot TR) didn't he have Shadow Sttike to go back in to stealth?