test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Xim´s Build: Overload Archer of the Pack

Comments

• gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ximae wrote: »
    In non crits yes, as they are all multiplicative.... in crits no.

say you have an extra 5% dmg from cha, 5% dmg from ca stat and an epic blink dog, with a P vorpal.

for non crits = 1.15 (base ca) * 1.05 * 1.05 * 1.05 = 1.33 or 33%

for crits = 1 + ( 0.75 (base severity) + 0.75 (pvorp) + 0.15 (base ca) + 0.05 (cha) + 0.05 (ca stat)) * 1.05 (blink dog) = 2.887 or 188%

but without ca ur crits do = 2.5 so...... 2.887/2.5 = 1,155 or just 15,5% extra damage from a non ca crit.

Doesn´t perfect vorpal give "only" 50% severity?
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    yeah.. my bad, dunno what i was thinking. Still, u can get the picture even if the numbers are off.
    edited November 2014
    Added 2 more vids of Elol runs 2 with a well known Bis GWF and a pretty good SW ( just barely lesser geared than me)... Also added some parses of those
  • ychiakiychiaki Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Really nice build! Got a question for you, which artifact cloak are you aiming for with this gear?
    DC Divine Oracle Faithful
    HR Stormwarden Trapper / Stormwarden Combat
    GWF Swordmaster Destroyer
    CW Master of Flame Thaumaturge / Spellstorm Oppressor
    TR Master Infiltrator Executioner
    SW Soulbinder Fury
    edited November 2014
    Well u just got me thinking about it as i just dropped a lathander cloak like 5 mins ago, and wanted to check the drow gear stat to see if i could sort out a different composition using it.... but my intention is imperial cloak. (power crit rec) so just the same stats as on my fugitives but higher.

but getting an ac boost with lathanders seems pretty nice too, just gotta figure how to get back my crit without loosing power.
    edited November 2014
    Im actually keeping the lathander cloak, already started refining it (though im saving all my rp stacks for double refinement weekend).

I bought a heart of the blue dragon artifact which has crit, rec and... more combat advantage bonus :D

so i gain crit, defense and recovery stay the same and trade regeneration for ca damage. plus more tankiness through extra ac, which is the way to go once ur over 2k defense like i am due to diminishing returns.

happy again XD
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I bought a heart of the blue dragon artifact which has crit, rec and... more combat advantage bonus :D

Yeah it's a cool artifact. Wouldn't mind getting one myself. I love the on-use effect of the Eye of Lathander - saved many a lives in dungeons and skirmishes but the Defence stat is the only one I would miss if I replaced it with Heart of the Blue Dragon. I already bought the Belt of Wisdom so even if I get the Lathander's Belt I wouldn't use it although I will probably grab the Lathander's Cloak as its a direct upgrade of my current neck.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
    edited November 2014
    I was using a waters before the switch to blue dragon (big rp loss though) and the rec and defense were the main things i liked about it (it was my first quest arti) but blue dragon + lathander cloak combo was perfect statwise. both artis have rec so no issue there but i basically switched around having defense in the artifact and crit in the neck and more importantly removed that useless reg roll for more ca.

So basically keeping the lathander was a good call, as i keep my stat balance and remove a weaker artifact for one that fits better my playstyle. with this i will be able to cap my ca stat to around 1550, which if my estimates are correct (returns seem pretty close to the ls stat) should equate to around 11% ca bonus dmg.
    edited November 2014
    So, I decided to splash the cash last night (thanks for the 15% zen bonus \o/) and got me the Heart of the Blue Dragon artifact. It's still only lvl 60 (waiting for 2x RP weekend to kick in) but I immediately noticed a dps increase. I initially thought about hanging on to the Eye of Lathander, but at lvl 89, I can get close to that lvl if I refine it into the Blue Dragon artifact at over 900k RP.

I also changed up my feats and boons, switching from healing ones to damage. I will keep an eye on my stamina regen as I only chose 1/5 for the stamina feat in the initial tree this time around but I am happier with all these changes. Thanks once again for this guide Ximae. It has made my Archer a lot less boring to play now :)
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
    edited November 2014
    you are welcome man.

I learnt about double rp weekend after having dumped my waters into my blue heart QQ.... mine is just lvl 70, but i have like 10m rp stacked up, well maybe less now as i had to sell a few to buy the heart, so no biggie... its just gona be less stacks ill have available for flipping.... XD

as for the stamina regen, i got elven resolve boon and some stamina stat from hunter artifact, boon and set bonus... that seems sort of enough for me.
  • kaedennnkaedennn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 361 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i have a question :) : you have 2k7 recovery and 54% recharge speed , how ?
    2k7 recovery will probably give 25% recharge speed ! :confused:
    edited November 2014
    I'm sure Ximae can go into detail but Recovery stat alone doesn't affect your RSI. My Recovery rating is around 1700 and my RSI is in the high 40% region.
    Our pain is self chosen.

• skillia87skillia87 Member Posts: 10
    edited November 2014
    kaedennn wrote: »
    i have a question :) : you have 2k7 recovery and 54% recharge speed , how ?
    2k7 recovery will probably give 25% recharge speed ! :confused:

Intelect give some recovery (not much but still 2-3 %) then u got Archery feat who give 30% recharge speed at lvl 5.
    edited November 2014
    lirithiel wrote: »
    I'm sure Ximae can go into detail but Recovery stat alone doesn't affect your RSI. My Recovery rating is around 1700 and my RSI is in the high 40% region.

probably you r wearing RG set , which is not Ximae case :)
    edited November 2014
    skillia87 wrote: »
    Intelect give some recovery (not much but still 2-3 %) then u got Archery feat who give 30% recharge speed at lvl 5.

ah ok , this is because of the feat , Thanks :)
    im combat Hr!
    edited November 2014
    kaedennn wrote: »
    probably you r wearing RG set , which is not Ximae case :)

Nope I'm wearing the Dread Legion set ;)
    Our pain is self chosen.

edited November 2014
    u guys were fatser than me Xd... yeah its the archer feat. I get like 21% from recovery 4% from int and 30% from the feat (only bow stance)
    edited December 2014
    little screenshot of how im looking after x2 rp weekend:

oEQqp09.jpg

Still have some work to do (refinng) next x2 weekend when i have the offhand and sell more stacks for regents and upgrade my radiance stone. Will update the op when im done with the changes. As if i manage to get all the regents in time ill be also upgrading a few of the r8s to 9s i already have refined and iwth the radiance and offhand change i should be hitting 11k power.
  • greensaigreensai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 39
    edited December 2014
    Will you be switching out any of your gear for the new jewelcraft neck/ring/belt?
    I know your stone will benefit from it but I dont think an artifact belt and neck would be replaced. Now the rings will be? Or your sticking with the pain rings?
    edited December 2014
    well im slowly leveling it, no hurry. I have actually switched to radiant stone to make better use of it. But..... mostly for the power /crit belt, im not too fond of the power rings as they have arp, unless next mod there is some new artifact ring come with power crit rec im not sure ill use those on the stone, im using a smiting nefafious ring on the stone anyways for the extra power, so im not sure i like the stat tradeoff.

on the toon im gona stick with pain rings and see what happens next module, dont need arp and the recovery is very handy.

its a shame coz the extra defensive enchant would be sweet but i just cant throw away the rec for useless arp, it would basically be changing recovery for hp now.
  • reemusbodeemusreemusbodeemus Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm kind of facing an artifact crossroads right now.

It basically comes down to this: 700 power or 900 combat advantage.

Based on those two stats alone I feel the right decision is power. I'll always benefit from the power no matter where I am positioned.

I'm currently over 11k power and when I get the offhand and upgrade a few more chants I'll be over 12k. My other stats are maxed no matter which artifact setup I use (well I am lacking a little bit of recovery, but not much). It comes down to power or CA.

I also switch specs ALOT for pvp and pve and I don't have the time or resources to have 6 legendary artifacts to satisfy my schizophrenic spec issues because I spend all my AD on respecs :P.

So, probably power?
    edited December 2014
    Hehe first world problems XD

yeah power is probably the right decision as u would really need to have ur ca really low for it to be significative more %dmg than power. As long as u took the 250 ca bonus boon and take the 400 ca in the offhand it the bonus is slightly higher but power is always and its effect is better on crits .

650 ca: should be around 6.7% ca dmg
    1550 ca: should be around 10% ca dmg

so something like 3.3% boost
    700 power at 11k should be around 2.5% dmg boost

I personally didnt build in the most effective dps way, I built in the most cost effective dps way, which also balanced my defense a bit better. If ad wasnt an issue I would have done things a bit differently. Race reroll to wood elf to get higher dex and wis to get better base crit to take dex belt, kessels spheres (power and ca) instead of lantern, imperial dragon cloak instead of lathander (it was a drop) and would have taken dc artifact instead of blue dragon heart ( cheapish arti). I am going a bit heavier on ca bonus because it is cheaper for me than switching to full out power (im at 10.5k right now with r8s)

with the dex-wis switchout and the extra 700 power id probably gain around 5-6% dps minus some 1.5% less ca damage and a decent ammount of tankyness (likely some 8% dr) at the cost of around 10m ad (at the time). probably the biggest dps boost would come from more siesmic spam from dc arti and the imperial dragon cloak. Dc arti i really had in mind (paired with imperial cloak) but i just didnt feel like leveling a dc and getting the first boons, with the little game time i have.
  • reemusbodeemusreemusbodeemus Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I did take the 250 ca bonus boon and plan on taking the offhand ca bonus.

I tried using Kaelac's guide to see which is better, but couldn't come up with anything concrete because of the situational aspects of CA.

It's funny you listed a lot of items on my Neverwinter Christmas list. Maybe Neverwinter Santa will drop Kessel sphere under my tree.

Thanks for the input Xim!
  • greensaigreensai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 39
    edited December 2014
    Hi there, thanks for the guide. I would like to ask for your advice to boost my 17k GS higher with some easy changes while I work on tweaking out the rest later.

I made a full set of corrupted Black Ice as you suggested ( Ill keep my grand wardens for dailies and switch to this set for Epics and tiamat)

I have a the Artifact Bow ( the rapid shot version) its at purple but working on getting it to orange
    Off hand I need to farm Tiamat this week end to purchase the legendary one ( Not sure what stats I should aim for on this one)

Neck and Rings
    I see you recommend the Pain rings, but since I cant farm ELOL that much, I was going to make the Jewelcraft ones for rings. Do you suggest I use the Archmage ( 250 Power / Arm Pen + 2 slots) Hero ( 1,200 HP + 200 Deflect + 2 slots) or Revitalization ( 250 Crit + Life Steal + 2 slots)

I would need 2 rings for myself, and 2 for my Black Ice pet, plus a belt pet.

I have to re-read this thread but I saw that with Black ice gear you had recommended one of the artifact belts / cloaks that where not crazy expensive. I would like to buy them quickly as its double xp weekend. Which ones where the ones you suggested? Was it lathanders cloak>? I know it wasnt the dex belt it was another one, ill have to reread.

As for Artifacts, I have Red dragon, Hunters Sigil and GWF sigil ( I have access to all the sigils, and a latern)
    Did you say to switch out the Red dragon for a cleric sigil?

Thanks for the great guide, I will have to re-read it to see if I can find some of these answers before the weekend is over :)
    edited December 2014
    greensai wrote: »
    Hi there, thanks for the guide. I would like to ask for your advice to boost my 17k GS higher with some easy changes while I work on tweaking out the rest later.

I made a full set of corrupted Black Ice as you suggested ( Ill keep my grand wardens for dailies and switch to this set for Epics and tiamat)

I have a the Artifact Bow ( the rapid shot version) its at purple but working on getting it to orange
    Off hand I need to farm Tiamat this week end to purchase the legendary one ( Not sure what stats I should aim for on this one)

Neck and Rings
    I see you recommend the Pain rings, but since I cant farm ELOL that much, I was going to make the Jewelcraft ones for rings. Do you suggest I use the Archmage ( 250 Power / Arm Pen + 2 slots) Hero ( 1,200 HP + 200 Deflect + 2 slots) or Revitalization ( 250 Crit + Life Steal + 2 slots)

I would need 2 rings for myself, and 2 for my Black Ice pet, plus a belt pet.

I have to re-read this thread but I saw that with Black ice gear you had recommended one of the artifact belts / cloaks that where not crazy expensive. I would like to buy them quickly as its double xp weekend. Which ones where the ones you suggested? Was it lathanders cloak>? I know it wasnt the dex belt it was another one, ill have to reread.

As for Artifacts, I have Red dragon, Hunters Sigil and GWF sigil ( I have access to all the sigils, and a latern)
    Did you say to switch out the Red dragon for a cleric sigil?

Thanks for the great guide, I will have to re-read it to see if I can find some of these answers before the weekend is over :)

U can use what ever equpiment cs combinations u want, personalized is a great option btw gona get a few of those when i finish leveling the profession ( was busy with leadership untill now to get the ad for all the regents needed this x2 rp weekend).

The important part is the final stat allocation:

get some:

3-3.3k crit
    1.750-2k arp depending on ur strengh ( dont go much over the cap as it will be wasted stats)
    2.3-2.8k recovery
    with as much power as u can get.

so gong very heavy on personalized rings will either be too much arp and a hit on recovery/crit or a hit on power if u start mixing them up. im just gona use a few and tweak some boons. U can also buy ancient slavemasters if u dont farm elol for pains.

belts: when i wrote up the guide there was a huge price dife from dex to wis, its not like that anymore.... get what ever u prefer minding stat balance and that crit can be as good +% dmg if ur low on it.

cloak: either imperial dragon for more ap (offense) or lathanders ( more defense)... mind u also have to get a decent balance defensively.

artifacts: yeah i think dc sigil is best ( i just dont play that much to level one and get the boons). mind u also want to get recovery and id say at least one ca bonus.... but u could go 3 power artifacts instead of taking ca.... just take the boon and offhand roll.
    edited December 2014
    I'm leveling JC for the hell of it but will not be using any of the 3 rings available because they are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> tbh. Not any of them are better than Ring of Pain which is what I am currently using. The Power/ArP ring is useless because our gear is packed with ArP as it is. The Crit/Lifesteal ring is equally useless because my Crit rating is already sitting at 3.6k. Don't need any more Deflect so that combo with HP won't do me much good either. No matter what I do I will lose too much Power and Recovery if I use any of the new rings. Dropping the ArP or Crit boons isn't very desirable because the alternatives are Deflect and Deflect Severity. Already chose Defence instead of ArP for ToD boon.
    Our pain is self chosen.

edited December 2014
    lirithiel wrote: »
    I'm leveling JC for the hell of it but will not be using any of the 3 rings available because they are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> tbh. Not any of them are better than Ring of Pain which is what I am currently using. The Power/ArP ring is useless because our gear is packed with ArP as it is. The Crit/Lifesteal ring is equally useless because my Crit rating is already sitting at 3.6k. Don't need any more Deflect so that combo with HP won't do me much good either. No matter what I do I will lose too much Power and Recovery if I use any of the new rings. Dropping the ArP or Crit boons isn't very desirable because the alternatives are Deflect and Deflect Severity. Already chose Defence instead of ArP for ToD boon.

Well the power/crit belt is very nice for my stone... straight upgrade everywhere. I do have the tod arp boon, so i can just switch it out for more defense and use one power/arp ring. the crit loss would be compensated with belt and well im well into diminishing returns with 3k recovery i can take that hit for some extra hp.

I am even thinking on going a bit overboard on the arp and take a second power/arp one and trade some power and even more hp for the 135 crit and 180 recovery...... id still be over 3k crit and 2.6k rec.... and finally hitting 30k hp with near 40% dr.
  • llawtllawt Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This with Trapper could be pretty good too. Easier on the positioning as u dont have to try to sweetspot the position for maximum gain and will buff melee allies better.

Thing is if new trapper is on par with archer dpswise due to the tree feats, havent tested it but old one i did and it wasnt, specially single target. Lots of fun though.

There is two major decisions to make with trapper, one to take the extended duration roots or not. taking it will mean even more support and With red glyphs it will actually be more dps to extend the dot, so more sustained but at the cost of burst dmg.

second is the rotation in relation to the above feat. With extended roots its probably not worth it to use more than one strong root spell as dmg doesnt overlap with the dots, and using more means dropping tw or roa (major dps encounters)..... this is the tough one.

Ill have to copy my toon again to preview and test it too...

I am eager to see the results since I am on the brink of a race change and all...
  • dubelekdubelek Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hello. My race dragonborn. I want try your build but your race human. Human is +3 heroic point. Whichone erase your feats point for me? See me or send me 20 heroic feat point. And re roll stats.Ty for help.
    edited December 2014
    Xim, you posted on another thread that you would consider using Draconic Templar hood and bracers with Dread Legion Chest and boots.

Is this just for farming and when you need to max out your dps you switch to Black ice? or is this set good enough to use instead of the black ice?

Dread legion chest from valindras tower? The stats dont seem to be that good though?