test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Winter Wolf fauny buisness

Comments

• effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    tinead51 wrote: »
    Christmas really did come early with your great post :D I hope your stocking gets filled with lots of goodies for that !!!

YEA... nice they reworked the winter wolf , now isntead of 80% it gives 50% . nice, right? :)
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    tousseau wrote: »
    Wait... Whaaaat?

He is just kidding and being pessimistic at the same time.
  • proxiehunterproxiehunter Member Posts: 15
    edited December 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    He is just kidding and being pessimistic at the same time.

I don't know, I'm not sure of the source but the article on the Neverwinter Wiki has changed so that states that it's a rank one mount as well. I really hope it hasn't because it seems rude to advertise it so long as a rank 2 mount and change it at the last minute but even so it's still a cool looking mount for no cost.

If it ever gets released anyway.
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The wiki was updated to match the latest collections info, which now has the Winter Wolf at rank 1.

Also, the French site now has an explanation of how to get the Winter Wolf:
    http://www.arcgames.com/fr/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9051273

It's a reward for logging in between the 26th and 28th. (Also, single claim)
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • talundirtalundir Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    two30 wrote: »
    It's a reward for logging in between the 26th and 28th. (Also, single claim)

The german news are comfirming that ^^ and promising other rewards as well for the following days. perhaps you want to have a look here http://www.arcgames.com/de/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9048683-fr%C3%B6hliche-feiertage
  • proxiehunterproxiehunter Member Posts: 15
    edited December 2014
    So it looks like the wolf, scrolls of life, courtesan garb (the whole outfit I assume not just one part of it, that would be pointless but one of those translates to Courtesan's garb when I run it through google which would just be the top), and stone of health if I'm translating right.
  • healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I don't know, I'm not sure of the source but the article on the Neverwinter Wiki has changed so that states that it's a rank one mount as well. I really hope it hasn't because it seems rude to advertise it so long as a rank 2 mount and change it at the last minute but even so it's still a cool looking mount for no cost.

If it ever gets released anyway.

You know Wikipedia is not Cryptic's official words, right? I did not see any "official" Cryptic advertisement about the mount.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    healary wrote: »
    You know Wikipedia is not Cryptic's official words, right? I did not see any "official" Cryptic advertisement about the mount.

Livestream?
  • vadimt83vadimt83 Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Preview gateway shows the winter wolf with 50%. Its still free, no one promised you content in development will never change. Till now there is no way to get a free mount of above 50% (excluding the ardent coin horse), so its not surprising they "fix" this. Sucks because of the hype and excitement, but without seeing the old development content, no one would complain on getting a free mount.
  • pepperelfpepperelf Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    healary wrote: »

Game Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by tousseau View Post
    Wasn't there supposed to be a Winter Wolf given away today with your first parcel?
    Greetings,

Unfortunately this was a case of development text inadvertently making its way into the winter calendar event. We're very sorry that misleading text made it into the calendar event, and we apologize for any confusion that it may have caused.

However, I can assure you that the mount will still be made available during the Winter Event, and it will still be completely free. Starlight Parcels are already packed tight with so many goodies—the winter wolf will be made available elsewhere in the event. Please keep an eye on the website for details and look forward to it!

The post above confirms that the offer for the Winter Wolf mount WAS made in Neverwinter's Winter event Calendar. It was also listed there as an 80% mount, however any references to it have now been changed to a rank 1 mount so we cant prove. First the statement (above) was made that the post offering the Winter Wolf mount should never have made it into the game but that since it did the mount would still be given away during the Winter event. Now I see the mount has been changed to a rank 1 mount and is not an 80% mount. I also see something from the french and german posts (see above) that one has to log in at a specific day / time to get it and that there is a limit of one per account. If this is the case wouldn't it seem only fair to share the info with all players? Especially as the day posted there is today?
    edited December 2014
    It worked! Thank you for the beautiful Winter Wolf mount! Logged on after 18:00 GST+1 (12 pm ET) and went to zen mount vendor. There it was, free as offered, and it is 80%. It's awesome! Thanks again!
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    pepperelf wrote: »
    It worked! Thank you for the beautiful Winter Wolf mount! Logged on after 18:00 GST+1 (12 pm ET) and went to zen mount vendor. There it was, free as offered, and it is 80%. It's awesome! Thanks again!

Read again. When claiming it, it says 80%. After claiming it, it's 50%.
    edited December 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Read again. When claiming it, it says 80%. After claiming it, it's 50%.

You are correct. It says 80% when you look at it in the Zen Market but when you claim it it is only 50%. *sigh*
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's also reclaimable by any character.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yeah.

Pros: It's free. Just go to the zen store on any toon.
    Cons: It's a standard, green, rank 1, 50% mount, despite the store description saying 80%.

The good news is that it is easy to claim a refund. Simply right-click and select "discard". The wolf will be returned to the store and you will get an instant credit of 0.00 Zen returned to your account balance.
  • tagnusironsordtagnusironsord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    It's also reclaimable by any character.

Actually, it's redeemable by all of your characters. ;)
    edited December 2014
    henry404 wrote: »
    Yeah.

Pros: It's free. Just go to the zen store on any toon.
    Cons: It's a standard, green, rank 1, 50% mount, despite the store description saying 80%.

The good news is that it is easy to claim a refund. Simply right-click and select "discard". The wolf will be returned to the store and you will get an instant credit of 0.00 Zen returned to your account balance.

We know this. The point is it was advertised as an upcoming free 80% mount to be given away during the festival. Apparantly that was a mistake of some sort but they said they would give it away anyway, but even tho it says 80% it is not. I am still happy with it, it looks awesome.
  • zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    zbkolde wrote: »
    During beta and early on after launch, i wanted this "Winter Wolf" mount standing at the stables more than anything for my guardian fighter. I waited and waited, but it never became available, and then eventually disappeared from the stables. People said it was the same as the "Medium Worg" mount, so i bought that from the Zen store, but no, no it was not the same. I took this screen shot after realizing they were not the same mount. I can only assume this is what the Winter Wolf will look like, hopefully. (The grey wolf in the back.)

WinterWolf_zps44c1047b.jpg~original

To clarify: This is a screenshot of the "Winter Wolf" mount as it stood at the stables during beta, open beta, and i believe awhile longer after official launch. This is the "Winter Wolf" mount as it was designed. Maybe they changed it, maybe they didn't, but this light grey wolf mount was labeled "Winter Wolf" at the stables.

My guardian fighter is very, very sad today. :(

ZazciaWolf_zpsd036dce9.jpg~original
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Happy to get the Wolf as a freebie mount, but a little sad that it's not the same one as in zbkolde's pic :confused:
  • azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Actually, it's redeemable by all of your characters. ;)

So will it stay redeemable for the whole account once you've claimed it once? Or do I need to log on all my characters and start cramming wolves into the banks over the weekend? :eek:
    Artificer.jpg
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    zbkolde wrote: »
    My guardian fighter is very, very sad today. :(

The winter wolf looks a little awkward, especially it's teeth.

Only plus is that it at least has unique mounting animation of snow flakes and it howls instead of snarls with the spacebar effect!

Sad that it was originally listed as 80% speed down to 50% speed. Not that I would of rode it (since I have 110%) but still.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • l4rsalll4rsall Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hello everyone, I have a problem, I can't redeem the winter wolf. Does I need a lvl 20 character ?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    l4rsall wrote: »
    Hello everyone, I have a problem, I can't redeem the winter wolf. Does I need a lvl 20 character ?
    Yes. For Zen mounts, you need to be level 20 before they can be bought/claimed and for the Reward Claims Agent, you need to be level 20 to claim any unlocked mounts there too. Mounts from Event Vendors (like Midsummer/Winterfest), can be bought before level 20 but they cannot be equipped until level 20.
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    l4rsall wrote: »

you can only claim it from the zen store. you won't be able use it until you hit lvl 20 so it will sit in your inventory until then. once you hit 20 then you can do he quest that opens up the mount slot. once you do that then you can equip the wolf mount
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    rhoric wrote: »
    you can only claim it from the zen store. you won't be able use it until you hit lvl 20 so it will sit in your inventory until then. once you hit 20 then you can do he quest that opens up the mount slot. once you do that then you can equip the wolf mount
    Nay, you cannot buy or claim Zen mounts prior to level 20. See my ninja post above for more information.
  • l4rsalll4rsall Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thank for you reply !
    So, I'm currently farming the winter event for the Winter Horse, does it mean that I can't have it anyway ?