What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Looking forward to the Winter Festival!

Comments

• Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    On the lake in Icewind Dale, the Throne can slide across the ice. We're just gonna have'ta have an old fashion Throne race down the ice slolam!!! :p
  • Options
    proxiehunterproxiehunter Member Posts: 15
    edited December 2014
    Well, it's going to be my first Winter Festival. i'm looking forward to it, sounds like loads of fawn.
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You will fish, and then fish, and then fish and then fish, until finally you attain a hight where you can.... fish a little better.....
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    I'm already getting my unicorn fitted with ice skates and an official Speed Racer Mach 5 helmet. I'm gonna dominate the ice track :D

Bring it.
    -Racer X
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Fun event. I will go run around it, but with all these seasonal events; I am no longer attempting to obtain anything. Just gonna run around on the ice.

maybe, for a day
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I am very excited for its return. The fawn Puns and the racing and the sleds roaming all the zones well into summer. I also cant wait to jump the gap and snap another pic. This year I will try to get it with all 6 of my loved characters.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• Options
    sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    query523 wrote: »
    You will fish, and then fish, and then fish and then fish, until finally you attain a hight where you can.... fish a little better.....

I dunno... sounds fishy to me.
  • Options
    katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    The Triumphant Return Of The Faun Joke!
    Huzza!
    And Hooray!

My started playing Neverwinter during that festival, and those Faun jokes are what made me decide to continue playing this game, I can't wait for them to come back!
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    wildfire412001wildfire412001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    i can't wait for it to start. yes, it was a lot of grinding and yes, i lost all of the lights i had left over. but that little fawn companion is AWESOME! now if i can just get the Companion Fortification Boxes to actually give me the points (I only got 90 out of about 300+ boxes), I can finally upgrade her to a purple. looking forward to getting 2 more for my 2 new toons :D
  • Options
    leandreav1leandreav1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Lets hope it is better than every single event I have participated since joining NW. Which was the tail end of the Summer Festival.

So far I am not impressed. Lots of grind, no pretties.

I'll grab a mimic though, mimics are cool.
  • Options
    kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    fawny jokes with fawntastic rewards
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I also started playing NW in the middle of the summer, and I cant wait for this event either.
  • Options
    blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    will be interesting, want me some scarfs
  • Options
    akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    hopefully i can get a new fishing pole. I think i discard my one from last year :(
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    pandora1x wrote: »
    LMAO! this

Good times, I remember these lame fawn jokes in the zone chat.

They were lame as hell but it made me laugh still.

Winter Festival > Every single event period.
    fawn of the dead
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I do agree - hopefully all companions ( and mounts) will be BoE only. I liked giving my mimic away to a guildie. It made it feel really more like Christmas to give presents away.

Now about those Szorps.....
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    leandreav1 wrote: »

I'll grab a mimic though, mimics are cool.
    i wonder if they`re bound this year.
    guess so.
    but if any official can confirm ;p
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I wish the devs would have added a new fashion item - the ugly Christmas sweater. :-D
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I noticed the calendar tooltip indicates you get a present to open for doing the celebrate dailies this year. Ok, so it's an RNG packet that will probably just give you pretty fireworks most of the time, but I really like this change.

That said, I sincerely hope they haven't changed the celebration daily like they did with Midsummer, so that you can't just do them but have to wait through multiple contest events.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I noticed the calendar tooltip indicates you get a present to open for doing the celebrate dailies this year. Ok, so it's an RNG packet that will probably just give you pretty fireworks most of the time, but I really like this change.

That said, I sincerely hope they haven't changed the celebration daily like they did with Midsummer, so that you can't just do them but have to wait through multiple contest events.
    Starlight Parcel and Winter Wolf (with picture) are now on the wiki.
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Starlight_Parcel
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Winter_Wolf

I think the Sabiki Rig is an ice fishing lure. The Gift of Simril "for your friends" is a mystery.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    So the festival can be accessed on preview now?

I want to find out if the structure of the daily quests changed.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So the festival can be accessed on preview now?

Sadly, nope. The "contains information from the preview server" notice is just the wiki's generic "details may change, please don't get mad" boilerplate.

We won't know about the quest structure until it hits live.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    two30 wrote: »
    We won't know about the quest structure until it hits live.

Or which festival currencies we spent hours grinding have been quietly deleted.
  • Options
    drartwhodentdrartwhodent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    <gazes into crystal ball>

I foresee bind on pickup for anything / everything you can purchase during the winter event, no matter what the tooltip may say in the vendors windows.
    I foresee bind on equip only on items you may win from the contests.
    Just like the Summer Festival.

I do hope that all my Lights from last year do not go missing 2 days before the festival but am not betting on them staying, judging again by the Summer Festival.
    Same with my fishing pole(s). Although those were not too onerous to acquire, it would not be very nice of Cryptic to steal them just before opening up those ice fishing holes.

I am wondering what new event they have in store for us, if any. I am thinking maybe a snowball fight?

To those that think they are going to ride their thrones down the slalom race course, if it doesn't move on it's own, how are you going to steer? Heh, pachinko thrones bouncing off the walls all the way down!
    DON'T
    PANIC!
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I just want my mimic, that's all. didn't get one last year :(
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I do hope that all my Lights from last year do not go missing 2 days before the festival but am not betting on them staying, judging again by the Summer Festival.

As petals were actually patched out at the launch of Mod 4, but very few people noticed until the event was running because they weren't looking for them, so were the lights already patched out with the launch of Mod 5.

The useless ring and emblem currencies remain, as did the few stars I kept on one character (but I am not hopeful about keeping these either).

What they've done is the addition of an expiration date to many event currencies that did not initially have one, which is a raw deal nearly a year later, so the items you thought you were safe saving after you got F-key burnout just go poof instead.

Personally, I think having expiration on currency now is unnecessary because it doesn't respect players' real-life constraints, and we no longer have the physical limitation on what currency inventory can hold which made fewer stacks of oddball items a desired outcome in the first place. What they really ought to do is to do away with expiring event currency from repeatable events. Let people save up to keep them coming back year after year instead of driving them away by reducing their ability to work towards these goals.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    drartwhodentdrartwhodent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    beckylunatic said: "As petals were actually patched out at the launch of Mod 4, but very few people noticed until the event was running because they weren't looking for them, so were the lights already patched out with the launch of Mod 5."

Umm.....
    I just looked and one of my characters still has a Mote of Light and 427 Light Pods.
    DON'T
    PANIC!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Umm.....
    I just looked and one of my characters still has a Mote of Light and 427 Light Pods.

Those are crafting items. None of those have ever expired.

I am only talking about currency. If you had Lights of Simril left, those are gone.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    canis36canis36 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    silence1x wrote: »
    I just want my mimic, that's all. didn't get one last year :(

I got one and it sucks. Although that may be because I never upgraded its quality. Then again I had never even had close to enough AD until recently so...yeah.

On the whole I found last year's Winter Event to be horribly grindy and not the least bit fun :(
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    canis36 wrote: »
    I got one and it sucks. Although that may be because I never upgraded its quality. Then again I had never even had close to enough AD until recently so...yeah.

I upgraded my Frost Mimic to blue on my CW, and with appropriate gear it is surprisingly tanky, and very good at holding threat. She rarely plays with the mimic now, being tanky enough herself - but at lower gear levels it was quite helpful.

If you upgraded to epic, the level 30 power Unbashable: While mimicking a dormant chest the mimic is immune to damage would go far in making the mimic a good tank. My HR's owl has a similar power, and it almost never dies in normal lvl 60 play.