test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Current worst class (both PVP and PVE taken into account).

Comments

• matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I would like to add to my GF opinion the HR and the GWF too. I played those 2 toons of mine only a little since Mod 5, holly guacamole, they are so mediocre. I simply can not find the place they belong now, GWF way underpowered, while HR literally hated by groups, of course it's nerfed to the ground. I am talkingmainly from PVE, but in PVP it is also only decent. Well, who isn't besides permas lol. But getting agroup with a HR is a pain in LFG channel.

What makes me sad is, that with every module a few classes rise and a few go down the drain. Only option is to build all classes and to play with the current best ones. Of course maintaining all classes on same level is beyond average players budget.

I feel it is like Justitia's Scale, if they would take something away from one class and add it into the another one. Here is the poor Dc, she was terrible, now brilliant, she has risen to top and another class got down.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• germmaniacgermmaniac Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Perhaps would have been better to split the poll for PvP and PvE, since averaging their ratings for PvP and PvE may paint an incorrect picture (Not sure if Multi-polls within single threads are possible, but feel free to suggest). Eg: A class may be 1 for PvE and 5 for PvP, so some one may rate it as 3, but that is not a fair assessment of balance.

But I digress. Voted GWF as well, since there is no clear role/vision for this class any more. You would expect a Swordmaster Destroyer GWF to be competitive with all other top DPS classes, but that is farther from the state of the game, than has ever been. Strangely, Intimidation Senti builds and Iron Vanguards seem to do better, although still nowhere as much as other classes, if you compare in PvE.
    CWs and SWs are OP in PvE, but talking about nerfs just starts a rage thread, which is not the intention here. So can only hope that GWFs and HRs get a significant buff in PvE. PvP may always be difficult to balance, and classes should not be directly tweaked for PvP balance. Why? Just look at last few Mods, balancing for PvP has broken balance further for PvE. They have already introduced a mechanic-Tenacity, which is PvP specific, why not concentrate on improving it (to fine tune it, for PvP specific changes). Another alternative would be to introduce different modes, which would allow different classes an opportunity to shine.
  • zxornzxorn Member Posts: 160 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    I voted HR because frankly half their kit doesn't function properly and never has. Shift is a complete gamble on functionality, fox dodge doesn't work on CC, Fox melee sometimes does nothing and goes on CD, thorned roots deals damage through dodged attacks, boar charge gets stuck with it's animation.

The class has never been close to 100% functional. Remember grasping roots when it came out? I'm sure the GWF players do.

I could care less which class is balanced or stronger than the other. None of that matters if the game doesn't function properly.
    But by all means, new class Coming soon!
  • dnalyrdnalyr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    tarftgm wrote: »
    This thread is to discuss versatility of the classes. PVP and PVE both welcome.

IMO the worst one right now is GWF because: No real role in PVE, Pretty meh in PVP.

Closest is warlock, but it's AMAZING in PVE but a nightmare in PVP.

Basically, I'll use this kind of rating.

1 - Terrible 2- Poor 3- Medium 4- Good 5 - Excellent

Control Wizard: PVE -> 5 //// PVP -> 4

Devoted Cleric : PVE -> 4 //// PVP -> 5

Guardian Fighter : PVE -> 4 //// PVP -> 4

Great Weapon Fighter : PVE -> 2 //// PVP -> 3

Trickster Rogue : PVE -> 4 //// PVP -> 6 (Overpowered)

Hunter Ranger : PVE -> 3 //// PVP -> 5

Scourge Warlock : PVE -> 5 //// PVP -> 1

LOL! you ranked GWF PVE 2 PVP 3? you must be a GWF and want buff! i say GWFs are PVE 4 / PVP 5

TR's are PVE 3 / PVP 5

CW's are a 5 - 5 straight up

DC's are 5 - 5

GF's 4 - 4

HR's are 4 - 5

SW's are 5 - 4

Be realistic please dont do this kind of poll just to get your class buff.
    Queven the Executor
    edited December 2014
    Shut the **** up

You're one of the most annoying posters here with your obnoxious sig and shjt posts with no depth on it.

SW's 4 in PVP... GWF a 5 in PVP. Are you serious you scrub?

Get the **** off my thread pug.

This thread should be closed, admins we got a rager here. This guy wants other classes to be nerfed and get his class buffed. No sense keeping this thread... Delete please, thank you!
    Queven the Executor
  • wachumpongwachumpong Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i dont say gwf is bad in pvp i rate it 4-5
    there are lots of gwf here in pvp who can 2-3 hits my 50k+hp gf
    thats not weak
    edited December 2014
    wachumpong wrote: »
    thats not weak

Truth! +1 thank you!
    Queven the Executor
    edited December 2014
    dnalyr wrote: »
    Truth! +1 thank you!

this game cannot make a pvp balance if we keep lying
    if they dont bliv me then i dare them to fight 1v1 a gwf with 9-13k power full tenacy build with 40-50k hp

i know lots of gwf who has this build they cant lie
    edited December 2014
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    You are trolling, right? If you are not, pls, can you explain the reason about those notes you gave to the GWF-class ??

And i saw how 16k GS GF could handle those "Tenacity builds GWFs" and killing them...

GF weakness is their back, maybe they need to walk to get in their back right? oh they have sprint my bad,
    sometimes using their head is worth it
  • tropicofcancer43tropicofcancer43 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    this game cannot make a pvp balance if we keep lying
    if they dont bliv me then i dare them to fight 1v1 a gwf with 9-13k power full tenacy build with 40-50k hp

i know lots of gwf who has this build they cant lie
    That much power is impressive , especially in an arena where ioun stones dont work . Sounds like a gwf built soley for PvP but PvP is such a small part of the game I personally wouldn't but to each his own . And it's unfortunate that PvP isnt one on one but it's five on five (more often than not 3 on one) . As impressive as it is I say there are plenty of TR's HR's and some CW's in guilds like Essence and Valhalla who also have 21k gs that would gladly take you on 1vs1 . You have one encounter DS or CaGi and they know the limits and range of it , after that its usually over .
    edited December 2014
    i told you i know alot of gwf who is almost unbeatable in 1v1 if you have a gs range 20k-23k youll understand me
    if your below that then you dont know what are you saying :)

i might say you have a wrong skill rotation change it youll find out soon what i mean
    edited December 2014
    That much power is impressive , especially in an arena where ioun stones dont work . Sounds like a gwf built soley for PvP but PvP is such a small part of the game I personally wouldn't but to each his own . And it's unfortunate that PvP isnt one on one but it's five on five (more often than not 3 on one) . As impressive as it is I say there are plenty of TR's HR's and some CW's in guilds like Essence and Valhalla who also have 21k gs that would gladly take you on 1vs1 . You have one encounter DS or CaGi and they know the limits and range of it , after that its usually over .

yes i know 1gwf in EOA who has the same build, im not a friend of them i just saw him in icewind pvp and he test 1 encounter on me and 1 recieve 20k+ damage. i didnt notice what skill he use i just saw my hp almost half and saw 20k+ damage.
  • tropicofcancer43tropicofcancer43 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    yes i know 1gwf in EOA who has the same build, im not a friend of them i just saw him in icewind pvp and he test 1 encounter on me and 1 recieve 20k+ damage. i didnt notice what skill he use i just saw my hp almost half and saw 20k+ damage.
    20K ? Man thats really nothing imo .When he tested that encounter on you how much tenacity did you have , how much deflection . Anyone can take their 20k GWF and curb stomp someone who is either PvE specced or lacking in gear, I'm talking about premades and PvP guild players who have 20k TR's ,HR's and CW's who will take that gwf apart . I'm not even saying GWF sucks at PvP Im just saying it's not a "5" or that it's mediocre ability PvP makes up for it's worthlessness PvE . To say that it's ok because a GWF can pwn a SW or DC in PvP makes up for their horrible performance PvE is useless . Truth is this thread should be split between PvE and PvP , I see something like 27% say SW is the worst while they are top DPS PvE and one of the worse PvP .
  • wisam187wisam187 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I voted for GWF, ONLY because they need a bit of reworking in terms of PvE.
    PvP GWFs, keep these as they are or nerf'em, don't buff'em, geared ones specced as sentinel are nightmares.
    laodpu3d124.png
  • vaulwynvaulwyn Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Now take your results and multiply the GF by 10 because there are 10 times fewer of them than other classes and in turn 10 times less representation on the forums.
    GF - Sigh
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    vaulwyn wrote: »
    Now take your results and multiply the GF by 10 because there are 10 times fewer of them than other classes and in turn 10 times less representation on the forums.

there is use for a GF in the party, and many ppl like having them in a party, though being a buffbot isnt much fun, there is no reason to have a GWF
    Paladin Master Race
  • dante126pldante126pl Banned Users Posts: 257 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    thats not weak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anzMjRXrw5o&list=UUg0dB-q8CEFaWzpbRYkMV1g
    talking about being 2-3 shoted
    *cough*
    you should ask GODMODE how to deal with GWFs thou this guy is such a monster GF
  • kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    my GWF hit with a wet noodle,at-wills should hit harder
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    kabinoles wrote: »
    my GWF hit with a wet noodle,at-wills should hit harder

Ikr, I want an at-will like TR's:
    [Combat (Self)] Skrytochujca deals 5015 Physical Damage to you with Shadowy Opportunity. [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Skrytochujca deals 13994 (25492) Physical Damage to you with Gloaming Cut. [Combat (Self)] Your Aspect of Lightning deals 372 (600) Lightning Damage to Skrytochujca. [Combat (Self)] Skrytochujca gives 0 Hit Points to you with Kill.
    edited December 2014
    All classes are fine! except GF's, needs damage buff
    Queven the Executor
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    dnalyr wrote: »
    All classes are fine! except GF's, needs damage buff

^He plays TR.
  • phrendonphrendon Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    HR because they are not necessary in PvE. They lack tools to shed aggro.
  • vaulwynvaulwyn Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    burkaanc wrote: »
    there is use for a GF in the party, and many ppl like having them in a party, though being a buffbot isnt much fun, there is no reason to have a GWF

GFW in my guild do 10x-15x my dmg as a GF or more In a run they are also capable of tanking any of the current content with a healer.
    There are just as useful as a GF often more so.
    GF - Sigh
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    vaulwyn wrote: »
    GFW in my guild do 10x-15x my dmg as a GF or more In a run they are also capable of tanking any of the current content with a healer.
    There are just as useful as a GF often more so.

tank crying about squishy melee dps doing more dmg...

smth like sw can do 2x of GWF dmg, HR should do more than GWF while safely sitting at range(especially with GF tank and CW for cc), dont know about tr and dps DC dmg but afaik its higher, dev favorite cw also does more dmg than gwf + provides a ton of cc, why should anybody take GWF ?

GF provides KV and in to the fray, and can safely tank bosses with on demand damage reduction
    Paladin Master Race
  • lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Gwf hands down. Hey Gwf finally gets #1 somewhere!
  • tarftgmtarftgm Banned Users Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    lewel555 wrote: »
    Gwf hands down. Hey Gwf finally gets #1 somewhere!

It's kinda sad. lol

I loved fighting GWF's before (seriously, I did). They had this scary presence when you'd see them.

When you'd see them, you'd be "on your guard", you'd know that they were threatening, and that you had to give your maximum to beat them.

Now? Kite around them a little while they slowly die (All of that while you either dodge or deflect their 800-2000 damage hits).
  • dante126pldante126pl Banned Users Posts: 257 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    It's kinda sad. lol

I loved fighting GWF's before (seriously, I did). They had this scary presence when you'd see them.

When you'd see them, you'd be "on your guard", you'd know that they were threatening, and that you had to give your maximum to beat them.

Now? Kite around them a little while they slowly die (All of that while you either dodge or deflect their 800-2000 damage hits).

gotta love class balance i have no idea why crush is making every class DoT stacking monster with perma dodge ability.
  • emmrossemmross Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Scourge warlock is pretty lousy - no AoE combined with lousy defense, if you get swarmed by a mob you're toast.

One criticism I have with all classes though is simply this: Stamina. Why in the hell do we have the stamina of a 90 year-old with arthritis? It's useless.
  • lelandhilllelandhill Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I agree with your ratings...I would put the TR pvp at a 7 tho. Most sickening, frustrating, make you wanna quit the entire game, overpowered pvp class in the entire game. No idea what they are thinking leaving the permastealth+15-20k hits that they get alone, but nerf all the other classes. Doesn't make any sense at all...
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    lelandhill wrote: »
    I agree with your ratings...I would put the TR pvp at a 7 tho. Most sickening, frustrating, make you wanna quit the entire game, overpowered pvp class in the entire game. No idea what they are thinking leaving the permastealth+15-20k hits that they get alone, but nerf all the other classes. Doesn't make any sense at all...

15-20K hits are decent, but my guild has a TR that hits me 40k in a daily, and with how fast they gain action point now it's not even funny. :)

This is coming from a 24k GS GWF with 43K HP... :\
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
This discussion has been closed.