test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My warlock is not competitive at all! :(

Comments

• slack83erslack83er Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Animal, I'm not into PVP really, so I'll get your advices for PVE. I have not tried MC yet, I just unlocked it Yesterday, and am waiting for some1 more "tuned" than me to take me there. Now my priority has switched to
    1 - Getting the Ioun (think blue...)
    2 - Respeccing properly once I get all the advices I can get.
    Thanks for helping me, keep it coming ;)
  • animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    slack83er wrote: »
    Animal, I'm not into PVP really, so I'll get your advices for PVE. I have not tried MC yet, I just unlocked it Yesterday, and am waiting for some1 more "tuned" than me to take me there. Now my priority has switched to
    1 - Getting the Ioun (think blue...)
    2 - Respeccing properly once I get all the advices I can get.
    Thanks for helping me, keep it coming ;)

Yah the stone is pretty big. I personally stack Power on my stone.

The best advice I could honestly give you is to spend some time on the test server and play with the specs and options.

If i had not done so myself, and instead just listened to the same build that everyone suggests on the forums, then I wouldn't be nearly as happy as i am now ;p
    edited December 2014
    animalust wrote: »
    If i had not done so myself, and instead just listened to the same build that everyone suggests on the forums, then I wouldn't be nearly as happy as i am now ;p

Yeah, I'm noticing that there's a plethora of opinions about what is good and what isn't. I'm getting a personal idea, but maybe I should try it on the TS, and decide... :$
    edited December 2014
    its the best thing you could do in all honesty, you may not end up with the #1 DPS int he game, bu tyou will end up doign better DPS than the other classes and have built around your play style.

there are things I can do to increase my DPS even more, but im satisfied, Id rather being completely immortal than #! DPS on the server. Just remember, cant be a good DPS if your dead
    edited December 2014
    Ok, just tried 3 o 4 different respecs and setup, here is what I think. I tried my warlock vs dragon cultists.

1-If specced Temptlock I absolutely don't do damage. My power goes to around 3400ish which is very low. I just don't kill things.
    2-Vs one clan of cultists I end up getting about 25k damage before I eventually kill 'em. Utterly unacceptable. This is true for both fury and tempt.
    3-HELP!

p.s. of course the equip remains the same, so that might just be the major issue...
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Okay yah I know nothing about SW just having played one since July, just having been known for putting the most time into testing the SW on the preview server... yah no i know NOTHING about SW.

the fact that you cant discuss facts without stooping low enough to "trash talk" someone makes your credibility drop, hit me with real ACT numbers rather than being a fool how about that?

But hey, there are 100 ways to build an SW, I built mine to handle the Face Tanking and PVP. In My world, using my Daily, TT or Flames of Phleg* will greatly benefit me over the flame damage gain.

But hey, I could just sit here and say, If you think 30k HP is enough,m then you must be a complete ******, or I could say that In the case of my particular Build and play Style, I would be stupid to have less than 36k HP.

World of different kid, learn to respect people and forum rules.

So you are playing from July and you still don't know that you don't need full AP in order to enjoy the benefits of Flames of Empowerment? I mean, you are just talking <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about something that you don't even understand how it works.

Mr.I'm.Playing.SW.Since.July, you just asked in another thread if Blood Pact of Carnia is working! You don't even know how to test! What kind of data do you want to see in ACT that you asked for it? I didn't come here to trash talk, I'm talking about facts, I don't have 2 days playing Neverwinter so trust me I know a lot more about this game than you do.

Dude, you are the only one here looking as a fool among the players who truly understand this class. If you were smarter you would have asked me nicely how I know about those numbers instead of replying with such stupid comments.

Talking about credibility drop, you are here trying to teach some players about the SW and in the same time asking stupid questions in other threads, geez.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
    edited December 2014
    your spec shouldn't lose any stats unless you forgot to spec your Boons when you respec'd.

so this is what im currently specced.
    http://cdn.overclock.net/4/42/42abdd37_jS9kB.png
    edited December 2014
    your spec shouldn't lose any stats unless you forgot to spec your Boons when you respec'd.

Problem is... the URL above opens some funny little pictures! ;)
    I'm starting to feel that major problems are equip and ioun btw...
  • sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014

As hilarious as that image is i doubt it will help. :p
    edited December 2014

Problem is... the URL above opens some funny little pictures! ;)
    I'm starting to feel that major problems are equip and ioun btw...
    sexwax45 wrote: »
    As hilarious as that image is i doubt it will help. :p

haha this is what I get for messing around in too many virtual / remote sessions ^^

http://nwcalc.com/sw?b=cn4:13ydj4:13ydj4,19iiu5i:15u0zv:100000:150000&h=1&p=hlb

Myyy baaaaaaad

So you are playing from July and you still don't know that you don't need full AP in order to enjoy the benefits of Flames of Empowerment? I mean, you are just talking <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about something that you don't even understand how it works.

Mr.I'm.Playing.SW.Since.July, you just asked in another thread if Blood Pact of Carnia is working! You don't even know how to test! What kind of data do you want to see in ACT that you asked for it? I didn't come here to trash talk, I'm talking about facts, I don't have 2 days playing Neverwinter so trust me I know a lot more about this game than you do.

Dude, you are the only one here looking as a fool among the players who truly understand this class. If you were smarter you would have asked me nicely how I know about those numbers instead of replying with such stupid comments.

Talking about credibility drop, you are here trying to teach some players about the SW and in the same time asking stupid questions in other threads, geez.

you show your maturity by continuing your bashing.

Askign if ANYONE ELSE has recently tested Blood Pact was a perfectly legit question... because I have not recently used ACT to test it...

But I guess in your fantastic world, this game doesn't change or break or even fix abilities / feats. Cheers kid.

Now you mean to tell me that Flames of Empowerment is allowing you to obtain a DPS increase even without full AP? well that would be a broken mechanic and not working as intended correct? SO let me get this right, your talking down to me for not exploiting?

Get over yourself and back on topic.
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Askign if ANYONE ELSE has recently tested Blood Pact was a perfectly legit question... because I have not recently used ACT to test it...

But I guess in your fantastic world, this game doesn't change or break or even fix abilities / feats. Cheers kid.

Now you mean to tell me that Flames of Empowerment is allowing you to obtain a DPS increase even without full AP? well that would be a broken mechanic and not working as intended correct? SO let me get this right, your talking down to me for not exploiting?

Get over yourself and back on topic.

I just saw your feats, I'm done, there's no point talking to you. So bad.

Talking about madurity and you call me kid. Facepalm.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
    edited December 2014
    Guys... I don't mind if you wanna kill each other, but please, I'm getting more and more confused :(
    I'm trying to understand if I'm badly specced, because trying different specs doesn't change the fact that I suck.
    If I'm to respec and spend ads for it, I want to be sure that I'm doing the right thing!
    So... what would your next move be? Just buy the ioun? Try and get the equip (still no drop so far)?
    edited December 2014
    I just saw your feats, I'm done, there's no point talking to you. So bad.

Talking about madurity and you call me kid. Facepalm.

so go ahead, enlighten me as to why my spec is so poor?
    edited December 2014
    Guys... I don't mind if you wanna kill each other, but please, I'm getting more and more confused :(
    I'm trying to understand if I'm badly specced, because trying different specs doesn't change the fact that I suck.
    If I'm to respec and spend ads for it, I want to be sure that I'm doing the right thing!
    So... what would your next move be? Just buy the ioun? Try and get the equip (still no drop so far)?
    I would defiantly get the stone it will help a lot you can get lots of stats off one. I think i remember you saying that you don't have artifacts is that true? Do you have other chars at 60 with IWD unlocked if you do i would suggest getting the class artifacts, those will also help you.
    edited December 2014
    Oh right Did you say you have the Lantern artifact by chance?

i personally like Sigil of Devoted + Defenders Banner + Lantern. But i am free to play so I dont have amazing options lol

You need to just keep running teh T2 dungeons, Karrundax, SP Frozen heart and i forgot the other one lol

on test server it took me over 40 runs in SP to get my Accursed Helm, but live server a total of 25 ungeon runs in total before I got my full set (Helm i got on first run though).
    edited December 2014
    I don't have the lantern, I got the book.. and the warlock class artifact. I have the possibility of getting the ranger one but I doubt it'll help..
    So i move on to get the stone, and then tell you how it goes...:)
    edited December 2014
    its kind of a pain in the butt, but i will Highly recommend lvling a cleric, so that u can use the Sigil of the Devoted.

I wouldnt bother lvling the Book (if you mean the Catalog) but I will recommend you do the PvP campaign at least so you can unlock the banners which are very good.
    edited December 2014
    its kind of a pain in the butt, but i will Highly recommend lvling a cleric, so that u can use the Sigil of the Devoted.

I wouldnt bother lvling the Book (if you mean the Catalog) but I will recommend you do the PvP campaign at least so you can unlock the banners which are very good.

Ok, I'm already leveling one, it's 34 by now. :)
    Pvp??? aargh....I just suck at it....:(
  • forcemajureforcemajure Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ...I'm trying to understand if I'm badly specced, because trying different specs doesn't change the fact that I suck....

It is easy to stress about this if you pay too much attention to the fact that the posted builds are always people with a lot more time/money/AD in the game than you. Looking quickly at Animal's spec link, it seems like he built around a high crit rate and some minimal survivability - probably to get intense burst damage for PvP and also probably depending on a few items outside your price range for full effectiveness.

Go back to the test server and give yourself a fairer base for comparison to see what works for you. The cultists are a mob that scales up to match you. That is not a good idea for testing your build. I would suggest, instead, that you take something you are used to doing, that you have a sense of how you like to play it, and that is very predictable. You have probably been doing Dread Ring dailies a lot, right? Use those. Do a feat respec and change a little at a time about feats or powers or your rotation. When you see a big difference - when the same old same old is suddenly a good bit easier for you - you know you found something to keep and you can move on to tinkering with other parts.

This way, you build from the way you are already comfortable playing. It takes time, but it will fit you when you finish.
    edited December 2014
    I don't have the lantern, I got the book.. and the warlock class artifact. I have the possibility of getting the ranger one but I doubt it'll help..
    So i move on to get the stone, and then tell you how it goes...:)
    It will defiantly help its Power, Recovery, and Stamina gain I love it, plus what is in the 3rd slot nothing? Any artifact is better then that, its better then the catalog too anything with power is good. I run with sigil of the devoted, hunter, and Great Weapon (until i don't need the ArP then back to Warlock). The important thing is that Power is the main stat on all of them so lvling them up will help your dps a lot.
  • ainarelainarel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Having tried Temptation (being Hellbringer since I didn't bother with new paragon at all), I can say my survivability was at its highest, as well as me outhealing any cleric on any skirmish-dungeon runs. But damage wasn't too high, and I wanted more, so I respeced for Fury and pressed on Life Steal a bit more. Having gotten it over 2k, the amount of damage I do in pve keeps me alive rather easily. Even against Tiamat and her mobs today. Dreadtheft shouldn't leave your bar for it's the fastest way you heal yourself while killing stuff.
    Learn to use curses - it boosts the damage you do to foes. Never hit without putting a curse on at least one of them first.
    TT works nicely once you learn to time it. Before dashing at a boss or a dragon, cast it, then put a curse on the boss and hit it with fiery bolt, then dreadtheft and watch the numbers fly.
    Get your critical higher, get at least a lesser vorpal enchantment for the weapon and enjoy killing faster.
    I found that regeneration is not as important as life steal that needs to be over 10%. Then you heal as you put out damage, which is what we're here for.
    Armor penetration also needs to be over 2k because every boss and creature has some damage resistance.
    PvP is a bad place right now for our class, but hey, you don't have to do it if you don't want to. Unless you want yourself a profound set - which is nice - and it's bought for glory.
    edited December 2014
    First of all, I got a Ioun of Allure. And man...things changed A LOT! :)
    Now i'm grinding campaigns for bonuses and getting my gs around 13k (so 1k gained).
    Thanks for all your feedback, you've been priceless in setting my char up.
    Keep it up! I'll keep you informed!
    edited December 2014
    since you are primarily PVE you pretty much get to stack whatever stats you need on your stone.

personally, i use 2 x Lesser Bonding stones and 1 x rank 8/9 Eldritch (i cant remember which one), vie got the smiting nefarious ring and belt (243 power / 130 some odd crit) and the 161 power/recovery icon.

Each one has a rank 7 Radiant in offense so im stacking a decent amount of power. this is why i decided to use the Eldrich stone because it ends up giving me a decent chunk of extra power.

I get most all the other stats i need elsewhere so that works for me pretty well in pve.
    edited December 2014
    Update after about 1 week playing. Acquired all T2 set, plus the abovementioned stone. Now my GS is going towards 14k. Still a bit low. What is left to do in order to raise it? (except campaigns, I know..)
    Happy gaming!
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I don't know what all you have in the way of enchantments, jewelry, etc, but:

-- get 3 artifacts, and try to get them to at least epic (lvl 35). Concentrate on core stats: Power, Crit, Armor Pen, Defense, Hit Points. Don't neglect defensive stats.
    Some easy ones to get include whatever class artifacts you have access to, Bloodcrystal Raven Skull from pvp, and Lantern of Revelation from the AH (I see a bunch of rare ones for ~260k). Even if the Skull artifact doesn't have great stats, you can level it up some and put it in a better Union artifact to get a bunch of RP. Finish leveling your DC and get that artifact, then dump the skull into it. You might want to hold onto the raw enchantments, rank 3 and 4s at least, and upgrade the artifacts in one go during the double-RP weekend of Dec 26.

-- Get rank 7 enchants in all your offense and defense slots. Rank 7 is the break point; after this it gets a lot more expensive. Build your own during double RP weekend.

-- Make sure you get at least "Grand" rings, belts, necks for you and your stone. They basically cost less than the salvage price, so you'll make AD if you get something better.

-- Consider leveling Jewelcrafting to 20, for the Personalized rings, belts and necks -- again, for you and your stone. 500 stat points plus 2 enchantment slots for each is pretty amazing.

-- The biggest dps increase is from higher weapon damage, so get an artifact weapon (match the weapon to the at-wills you use) and plan on getting it at least to epic. Drop every green weapon and blue anything you pick up in your dailies into the weapon. Pro-tip: turn in Kessel's Sigils to the bounty master in IWD for bound blues and epics to feed your weapon.

-- Once you have an artifact weapon, grind Tiamat for 15 Linu's Favors and get the artifact offhand, and get it to epic also, after you have weapon to epic. You will get 500 extra stat points for having the weapon/OH set, even when the offhand is rank 1.

-- If you are going down the artifact gear path, slot Dragon Hoard enchantments in your utility slots. Save up the refinement stones for double-RP weekend.

-- I would consider the artifact belts and cloaks as less necessary than weapon and offhand.
  • inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Raven skull is power. Waters is typically the free union artifact you dump into your DC Sigil, but you only get one of them.

If you pvp alot and do the PVP campaign you can get pvp artifacts to feed your others, union, stability, power.

But really it's more than gear. When you are just starting out the Accursed Diabolist Set and Tyrannical Threat are the vast majority of your damage. The AD set deals fixed (non-scaling) damage so when you are first starting out and low gs it does a large % of your dmg. Another chunk is from TT but that does scale to a degree. Learn how to use these tools properly, especially TT since you mentioned you never use it? that's your biggest concern right there.

As you rise in dmg your AD set will become less and less important. Right now i'm almost to the point where Red Glyphs would out damage Hellfire (8% dmg from red, 9% dmg from AD). Against single target bosses we have MC set but in normal play we have pretty crappy options for dmg at the high end.
    edited December 2014
    Thank you for your feedback!

Right now I got a belt of Lathander, as I dropped it from a Dragon. I'll take the enchants as soon as I can, and I recently put a minor vorpal in the weapon. (it was all I could afford...) I'm leveling the DC right now, I'm almost 50. See ya!
    edited December 2014
    GL on the DC, Fun class to play, but that Sigil of the Devoted is used by **** near every decent player int he game.
    edited December 2014
    -- Get rank 7 enchants in all your offense and defense slots. Rank 7 is the break point; after this it gets a lot more expensive. Build your own during double RP weekend.

Errr... I don't know if I'm doing this right but... 60k for a rank 7 enchantment??
    edited December 2014
    Errr... I don't know if I'm doing this right but... 60k for a rank 7 enchantment??

radiant are 80k right now

they fluctuate