Options

ENKO's Frozen Thauma build (PvE)

2»

Comments

• Options
    hutchinsonhatchhutchinsonhatch Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    zuthuul wrote: »
    I like the idea of this build a lot, but I'm not sure I want to change from my oppressor. Can anyone give me a pro/con for the two builds?

The pro is: Mobs die very fast.
    The con is: You press 4 buttons in a row. If you're lucky, you can dodge once or twice.

It got boring after an hour.
  • Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    For sustained fights you are better off putting Icy Rays on spell mastery. Ray of Enfeeblement is (mostly) a waste on spell mastery. Here's how it will work on Spell Mastery:

Cast RoE twice - get 30% debuff. Wait for the cooldown. Cast RoE once - get 15% debuff. Wait for the cooldown. Cast RoE once - get 15% debuff. Wait for the cooldown. Repeat the single cast and cooldown over and over.

The ONLY benefit you get from putting it on spell mastery is the double cast at the beginning of the fight. Then it functions the same as it not being in spell mastery for the remainder of the fight. Also, the damage of the second cast of RoE truncates the damage of the first RoE cast so the first cast will do almost no damage. That makes it mostly useless for boss fights. You are much, much better off getting a 50% damage boost to Icy Rays damage every single cast for the duration of the fight.

Also, a critique of your build - diminishing returns on cooldown times are ludicrously harsh on anything above 3k in Recovery. These curves were made before Mod 4 so some of the initial cooldown times are different, but the curves will have the same shape. Graphing it out makes it fairly clear Recovery has barely any value above 3k. You'd be much better off trading 1k of Recovery for another 1k of Power.

nzpoyd.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Love the graph, abbadon, where did you get that? Looks like a breakdown of CW abilities I saw once.

A long long time ago (mod 1) I tried playing with over 6000 recovery. Then i dropped it to 3500, i barely noticed a difference at all.

Thing with recovery is that CW gets so much naturally, especially with a HV set, that CW really don't have to worry about it.
  • Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    chemboy613 wrote: »
    Love the graph, abbadon, where did you get that? Looks like a breakdown of CW abilities I saw once.

A long long time ago (mod 1) I tried playing with over 6000 recovery. Then i dropped it to 3500, i barely noticed a difference at all.

Thing with recovery is that CW gets so much naturally, especially with a HV set, that CW really don't have to worry about it.

I made the graph.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    abaddon523 wrote: »
    I made the graph.

On a different subject...what is your opinion on the value of the DC artifact? I really do not want to have to level a new dc and then level a new artifact unless it is really THAT good.

Thanks guys!
  • Options
    pussy90pussy90 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    enko whats ur companions?
  • Options
    letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    niadan wrote: »
    On a different subject...what is your opinion on the value of the DC artifact? I really do not want to have to level a new dc and then level a new artifact unless it is really THAT good.

Thanks guys!

I have a legendary DC artifact.
    I leveled a DC just for that.
    I'm an MoF CW with CC+CA on
    I can drop 4-7 OF (if door to door) in CN
    since CA gives another few secs of CC (spec)
    I can face tank most mobs while dropping dailies.
    in Conclusion "ITS FREAKING AWESOME!"
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o
  • Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yeah the dc artifact is so good I'm shocked its not nerfed already. Its so strong on cw and for sw as well not even counting tyrannical threat.

For killing mobs its a huge convenience thing because you really want your daily ready to go when you start running to make your next mob train so you can pop it straight off when you stop moving and now you are more or less always ready to go. Oh I popped op at the end of hall of mirrors, ugh i want it again for the door but I can't stop moving to gain ap killing mobs. Pop artifact along the way and voila you arrive proc eots and then hit 1 everything melts again.

And its redokulus for pvp, spawn press v go straight to mid at the start and disable the entire enemy team at the most crucial moment in the game. They shouldn't let artifacts in pvp anyway but it makes the whole thing where your action points are empty when you arrive totally redundant.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Couple of quick questions.

For a Human CW I assume that the best stat distribution is 16+2 INT, 16 CHR and 12 WIS aiming for 24 INT, 22 CHR and 14 WIS?

Also for a human is the best choice for the extra 3 heroic feats in Focused Wizardry?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »

For a Human CW I assume that the best stat distribution is 16+2 INT, 16 CHR and 12 WIS aiming for 24 INT, 22 CHR and 14 WIS?

Also for a human is the best choice for the extra 3 heroic feats in Focused Wizardry?

I would say yes to both things - in general.

Also, please remember that sheet crit is not efficient on SS CW. If you want to test you could also try int/wis rolls (which i think might be more effective). But absolutely Int/Cha for MoF.
  • Options
    nipidnipid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    pussy90 wrote: »
    enko whats ur companions?

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?705831-Companions
    mconosrep wrote: »

Doesnt matter what race you are get 18 INT 13 WIS 13 CHA (Ability Rolls) Focused Wizardy doesnt increase your AoE DPS better choice will be Arcane Enchancement. But I'm not recommending playing as human until youre not PvP CW (this build is pve) because you will loose 2 ability stats. I was using Sun Elf for this build.

Now I'm PvP focused so I'm not checking this thread so much as I was, if you really need answer to your question try contact me via game mail.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for the replies guys - I am a PvE only SS Thaum BTW.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
  • Options
    n1nja4n1nja4 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Is this build still viable since MOD 5?
    Im looking for a nice PvE build and saw this thread. :)
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    n1nja4 wrote: »

There is a successor in interest build just posted by flash.

That said, my guide should cover everything. I would recommend reading that first before you decide on your build.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    n1nja4 wrote: »

I don't think there is anything proprietary (for lack of a better term) about any of these builds. They are pretty much just your cookie cutter builds. I have yet to see any innovation from mod 4 builds just because there isn't really any space to do so.

Both builds are fine.

In fact, if you want to convert it to a pvp build, just be sure to focus on single target dps and put 5 points into severe reaction on the oppressor tree (no matter which tree you take). Done!
  • Options
    n1nja4n1nja4 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Thank you guys both so much! The only thing im missing is which powers to upgrade. Sorry I am really new, but would like to make the build as good as possible right away without having to change so much in the endgame.
  • Options
    seridove13seridove13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I really do love this spec...wondering is it still viable for Mod 6?
    Seridove, Devoted Cleric ~ Dawnslight, Lonely Guardian Fighter ~ Tamiyo, Princess of Ice
  • Options
    angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited May 2015
  • Options
    seridove13seridove13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Seridove, Devoted Cleric ~ Dawnslight, Lonely Guardian Fighter ~ Tamiyo, Princess of Ice