test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

again - Eye of Lathander droprate

nekromaniak666nekromaniak666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 94
edited February 2015 in PvE Discussion
I have two characters:

1) HR - Side char now, using it only for some daily quests and quick farming. This char was able to open Arcane Coffer with Adamantite gauntlet in the end of December 2013. Doing Dread dungeon daily quest everyday. So far got 2x Eye of Lathander and if i remember correctly there was only one week gap between these two drops. And it was months ago.

2) GWF - Main char now. This char was able to open Arcane Coffer with Adamantite gauntlet in the beginning of February 2014. Doing Dread dungeon daily quest everyday. And also in the past used dozens of Star Metal Gauntlets so basically this char opened more Arcane Coffers than HR. So far got 0 Eye of Lathander.

This is not about any RNG. One char opened more Arcane Coffers than other one, around 7 months of doing Dread daily quests and 0 drops? This is really bad joke Cryptic, really bad.

You should make this artifact account bound or increase droprate or make it purchasable in Campaign Window via Thayan Ciper/Scroll/Scrip or combination of previous. I can imagine this: make blue version dropable from Arcane Coffer (low droprate) + green version buyable in Campaign Window. Both character bound.

In the past this artifact was really good and still for free (compared to other artifacts from lockboxes/bosses - saleable in AH), but today it is obsolete, even the active bonus isnt unique. With todays artifacts, this one wont have room in my artifact slots but still wanna have it in my collection but the most important, it should be reasonably obtainable for any new character. Any new character created on my account can have epic Dragonborn artifact, Sigil of GWF/HR and free quest artifact (Catalogue, Waters, Lantern). Having all these artifacts cost me only gameplay time or better say: I was rewarded for playing the game. On the other side, having Eye of Lathander on character of your choice is nearly impossible.

Also forgot to mention my casual drops from Dread dungeon. The most common drops are Peridots and R4, sometimes Aquamarines. And very rarely i got Shards of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Think about it Cryptic. Thank you and have a nice day.
[SIGPIC]Hellsing[/SIGPIC]
Post edited by nekromaniak666 on

Comments

• Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    I have it on at least three characters.. heck, I got multiple on my GF. It's just the way that the RNG cookie crumbles- it's supposed to be a rare treat, after all.

I'm not sure what your core point is, as you complain that you don't have it, yet deride its utility. Mixed messages ahoy!

Personally, I don't really slot it very often, except for boss fights with players who aren't very good at not standing in red (when I am feeling charitable, at least). However, for what it's worth- it does still drop. My Warlock has one, and I will probably be using it to refine another artifact of the same type. She's less charitable, and doesn't seem to lack survivability.
  • Options
    abecassisabecassis Member Posts: 255 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    It would like to see a legendary artifact drop for once. It would blow everybodys mind ! "whaaaat, no AD sink? no refining? Is it christmas????"
    Dr. Phil
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I love using my Eye of Lathander at Dragon HE's , it's best when you rez a newer player who has no idea the artifact or it's long range rez ability exists , you see them clumsily die standing in red , rez them from afar then they stand a few seconds obviously confused start typing "TY" and get splatted again with another red because the chat interface is open , ahhh so amusing seeing "TYwwwwwwwddddddddddddddddddaaaaaaaaaassssssss"
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    froszztfroszzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Hmm lets see. We have person A (the OP) and person B (the first to comment). A has no real money pack to his name. B does.

A can't seem to even get one artifact on his GWF since feb. B has it on 3 chars and multiple on GF.

Is there a connection between A and B that is pretty obvious to anyone? :D
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm not even bothering crafting the gauntlet anymore on newer characters.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I've never seen this drop and completed DR on 3 chars, and keep doing the DR dungeons for the marks...
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    200+ total tries, maybe 300+ over different alts with the top gauntlet and never seen even one. :(
  • Options
    tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    froszzt wrote: »
    Is there a connection between A and B that is pretty obvious to anyone? :D

Only if you believe in conspiracy theories ...

(Not a paying/pack buying customer here)
    6 characters for me (1 started march/april-ish).
    2 Got theirs soon after DR started, the other 3 took months before it dropped. 6th never got his but only spent a couple months attempting.
    I believe I've also had 4 duplicate drops as well (got 2 in the span of a week once).
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Don't know my rate, but so far: 5 lathander on 2 chars(only done it with 2). Maybe 200? Maybe 400? But since Mod3 I haven't done DR anymore.

What this mean? RNG is fufu you!
    This is really sad. Dependent on such a thing. And even then it's BoP! BoA would solve a bit of the problem, but a storesale(with new currency loot from this AC) would solve it in 99% of the cases.
  • Options
    criss11criss11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i finished dread ring campaign and now i'm at the 10th try for the artifact with adamantine. Ive heard ingame about people who got this after 30 tries so a post here with 200+ it wouldnt surprise me at all. I know that i'm im at the 10th try because im starting to collect Ciphers after each run and in the end i can exactly how many tries took me to get it from the number of Ciphers in my inventory..
    Is this artifact Bind on Pickup ? Yes, then the drop rate should more increased but its not.. what a shame...shame..shame..shame.
    open beta player of some PWE games - north america launched versions:
    - PWI - November, 2008 (2 months after North-America-West Coast open beta)
    - Forsaken World - open beta
    - BOI - open beta
    - Star Trek Online - ftp January, 2012 and rank 14 STO Wiki contributor
    - Neverwinter open beta June, 2013

Daily Foundry "Canyon of the Dead" ( NW-DBPJYKMRE ) - dungeon
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    criss11 wrote: »
    i finished dread ring campaign and now i'm at the 10th try for the artifact with adamantine. Ive heard ingame about people who got this after 30 tries so a post here with 200+ it wouldnt surprise me at all. I know that i'm im at the 10th try because im starting to collect Ciphers after each run and in the end i can exactly how many tries took me to get it from the number of Ciphers in my inventory..
    Is this artifact Bind on Pickup ? Yes, then the drop rate should more increased but its not.. what a shame...shame..shame..shame.
    Its BoP so...
  • Options
    kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    this eye of lathander is strange. i found it on four characters as they completed dread ring. they stayed in dread ring for a couple months but all got it. now i have two more characters there, and they have been opening the coffer everyday now for several months and not found it.
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Never found one, only 1 character has the ad guantlets though. But ran him through for long enough to realize it wasnt worth it. I just bypass even making the gloves on any other character now.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Never found one, only 1 character has the ad guantlets though. But ran him through for long enough to realize it wasnt worth it. I just bypass even making the gloves on any other character now.
    I would still make the adamantine gloves, my characters have found many nice things inside the coffer, which include but are not limited to: Shard of Vorpal Enchantment, other nice enchantment shards, and the nice armor peices that can only be gotten from the dread ring NPC which cost 20K AD, 10gold and 50 scrips.
  • Options
    daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I found only one in 3-400 runs and I used it as refinement material ... But the runs are nice to do even without this.
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
  • Options
    melindaozmelindaoz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    6 characters at level 60, 5 with eye of lathandar. the only one who doesn't have it is the scourge warlock, who just opened DR two weeks ago. I got the last 3 within the same week. Sometimes the RNG god smiles. and sometimes it spits on you... repeatedly - not one set of IWD gloves between all 6
    The Eye is really good for Valindra's Tower end boss and for the epic skirmish end boss fights.
  • Options
    rhinefordrhineford Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    been hunting DR quest for this arcane chest since mod 3, and until now very surprisingly that i often got 2x peridots / 1 aquamarine for an adamantine gauntlet and to extent that i even had to use legendary gauntlet but still this crappy things i've gotten. What in the cryptic world wants this eye of lathander for? it's not even best artifact in game, yet the drop rate has been like .01% -______-"! been spent time doing dread for this for just some peridots and aquamarine?? good job :3
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    after some time and doing dread dungeon day by day my GWF still has 0x Eye Of Lathander
    also my guildmate spent (few days ago) 2mil AD for Star Metal Gauntlets (legend version, can open chest multipletimes), 0x Eye of Lathander

in Module 5, Eye Of Lathander is part of set, how can we complete this set if the droprate is close to zero? There isnt any other way how to get it (atleast you can buy other set artifacts in AH, but not EoL)
    Eye Of Lathander should be obtainable in shop or campaign menu for Dread Ring campaign resources
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    my guildmate spent (few days ago) 2mil AD for Star Metal Gauntlets (legend version, can open chest multipletimes), 0x Eye of Lathander

You might one day discover that YOUR best interest is not necessarily PWE's (or whoever's) best interest.

BTW, I fed 6 Eyes of Lathander on 4 different toons into other artifacts during the dbl refinement weekend, thinking I'm never gonna use them ... Error ... restart DR running ...
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    rhinefordrhineford Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    after some time and doing dread dungeon day by day my GWF still has 0x Eye Of Lathander
    also my guildmate spent (few days ago) 2mil AD for Star Metal Gauntlets (legend version, can open chest multipletimes), 0x Eye of Lathander

in Module 5, Eye Of Lathander is part of set, how can we complete this set if the droprate is close to zero? There isnt any other way how to get it (atleast you can buy other set artifacts in AH, but not EoL)
    Eye Of Lathander should be obtainable in shop or campaign menu for Dread Ring campaign resources

I absolutely AGREE on this. This artifact has been so rare to obtain since mod 3 went up. EoL should be given an opt to be obtained like black ice gloves even for limited time. The artifact set has been less likely to use for new characters.
  • Options
    arcanaxearcanaxe Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Been trying to get the Artifact since Mod 2 came out, been doing it almost no stop everyday to about October this year, I just gave up on it. It's almost impossible to get. So I don't bother anymore, I thought that somewhere between the span of almost a year somewhere I should be lucky with the RNG drop, but it's insane.

I've I no problems with any other artifact, but this one is still eluding me after a year of tries.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Been running DR lair every day on 2 HRs since March this year with Adamantite Gauntlets and after initially getting nothing, one has gotten the Eye 3 times and the other twice. Still crappy if you consider how many runs that was but at least I have seen it...
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    They should do something about this Dread Ring. It seems like a dead map after the completion of boons, unlike Icewind, players can purposely go there when there is a need for an open pvp. I only go to dread because of this eye of lathander, which until now it's roughly to find. Im soo tired hunting it since pre mod 3. With adamantine gauntlet, you can get only peridots/aquamarine, duh :3 why not atleast opal or flawless sapphire or even Ruby, so it might be worth of doing it. And peleeeaseee, make eol drops higherrrr >.<
  • Options
    skinlikewinterskinlikewinter Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    one of my characters has received 2 eyes, and all others have not received a one.
    I show player support, by only playing Neverwinter as F2P
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Since the Eye of Lathander artifact is part of the Lathander set, more and more people, in our guild or people from my friendlist, are talking about EoL droprate. Many of them have never seen drop any and majority of them got it on different char. And after months and months of farming, after millions of ADs spent for Star Metal Gauntlets, they still have got 0 on theirs favourite char.

So i WOULD LIKE TO ASK anyone from PWE/Cryptic, is it possible to change the way how to get Eye of Lathander artifact?
    Increase droprate (artifact is char bound, so cant be traded in any way)
    Make it account bound so people can transfer it from different char (also retroactive)
    Make option in Dread Ring campaign menu to create it for campaign resources
    or whatever, just give us better chances/options to get this artifact.

It is really frustrating, all your changes, new stuff
    Thank you.
  • Options
    jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    They need to nerf this set bonus before making it easier to get for everyone. Or are they going to wait till more people have spend more ad into refining this set first?
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Since you changed Riches Tab with Special Currencies and made a cap there (the max limit of currencies) i am supporting the idea of obtaining Eye of Lathander via Dread Ring campaign menu for campaign resources because I (and others too) already reached the cap of dread ring campaign resources and in current state there isnt anything valuable to get for them.

Also it is logical to be rewarded for playing Dread Ring month by month, everyday.