Options

again - Eye of Lathander droprate

2»

Comments

• Options
    nekromaniak666nekromaniak666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 94
    edited December 2014
    jaotut wrote: »
    They need to nerf this set bonus before making it easier to get for everyone. Or are they going to wait till more people have spend more ad into refining this set first?

You are right, the set bonus need to be balanced/changed the mechanic because of PvP. On the other side, PvP is already screwed and Cryptic is pretty successful in doing it. The problem is, it is too much to asking them for making two changes simultaneously. I prefer obtaining EoL easier at first place and then they can use their nerfbat on set bonus.
    [SIGPIC]Hellsing[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    In pve the set does not shine really. My gwf alt dies in any red ground by a trash mob, it instantly resurrects via soulforged and then gets healed to full HP by the set but the very same AOE is still there and the gwf is killed yet another time. The foe gets his double-kill.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have the eye on my GWF for a few month and the belt in the vault. I thought about getting the necklace anyway. Furthermore I have an unused legendary wather, so I could go for this build. I decided to go against it, bc it clearly is not WAI, but if I keep running into these builds, I will use it, too.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    lmk2lmk2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    When mod 2 started, the drop rate was good and most people could get it easily in less than a month.
    It was halfway through it when they changed the droprate and screwed every player/character after that.

I still remember all the topics complaining about it in the following weeks after that patch saying that they got two eyes with their first characters and none with any other.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Well after some time i would like to ask again: Any word about EoL (Eye of Lathander) droprate or changes to Dread campaign?

Really i would like to see EoL obtainable in Dread Ring campaign window. If it is too complicated for you Cryptic, you can just increase droprate.

I am still doing Dread Ring dungeons everyday (with your miserable "RNG" i have decided to take miss ratio 1-2 dungs per month) and still 0x EoL. My avatar is 1 year old, i dont want to know how many Dread dungeons have i ever made, but still 0x EoL.

RNG? Jinxed? Bug? Fix it?
  • Options
    revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Well after some time i would like to ask again: Any word about EoL (Eye of Lathander) droprate or changes to Dread campaign?

Really i would like to see EoL obtainable in Dread Ring campaign window. If it is too complicated for you Cryptic, you can just increase droprate.

I am still doing Dread Ring dungeons everyday (with your miserable "RNG" i have decided to take miss ratio 1-2 dungs per month) and still 0x EoL. My avatar is 1 year old, i dont want to know how many Dread dungeons have i ever made, but still 0x EoL.

RNG? Jinxed? Bug? Fix it?

Same here i made a new tread about this a few days back, i am so baffled they making a set-bonus from some silly RNG item that is BoP, i cant stand to farm this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> anymore. its MOD 3 content ffs and still not one singel EoL on any of my chars.
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Same here i made a new tread about this a few days back, i am so baffled they making a set-bonus from some silly RNG item that is BoP, i cant stand to farm this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> anymore. its MOD 3 content ffs and still not one singel EoL on any of my chars.

they just dont have anyone to spare for solving these things...
  • Options
    jarecstephjarecsteph Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have two characters:

1) HR - Side char now, using it only for some daily quests and quick farming. This char was able to open Arcane Coffer with Adamantite gauntlet in the end of December 2013. Doing Dread dungeon daily quest everyday. So far got 2x Eye of Lathander and if i remember correctly there was only one week gap between these two drops. And it was months ago.

I got it after opening over 300 chest.

Now I have the complete epic set.

I can tell you it takes little time (+_ 2 sec) to get your life back and sometime you get killed before your HP comes up to 50% so for me I think it don't worth the expectation.

It should get your HP back right away but it doesn’t and also you need to have Soulforge equip for it to work.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    What I like is that they got the feedback that everyone liked the bop and droprate for the lathander's that they decided to do the same with the cultist companion \o/

It's even more insulting when you don't know the droprate and whether to expect to be at it for weeks or months.
  • Options
    ivars70ivars70 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Just stupid question : How many days more? 110 is not enough?
    At least please give possibility to buy something for those currencies (scrolls, ciphers or scrips), like potions of heroism which for some strange reason in Dread rings sells for Sharandar gold crescents.
    People already asked many times regarding potions.
    I understand - MOD6 incoming and no one cares about MOD2, but still ....
    random_zpsdc97158c.jpg
  • Options
    svekoljsvekolj Member Posts: 65
    edited February 2015
    I got one, only have one char with adamantine gauntlet. couldn't sell it
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I gave it up.. If you cant get one single item - hidden behind "RNG" - after a year of trying..
    I proposed to add Eye of Lathander into campaing window, also other players did. No answer from Cryptic about it.
    Also with Module 5 and its limition of campaign resources, i lost from hundreds to thousands various campaign resources. No reasonable way to spend them, no compensation from Cryptic. Some parts of the game are buried very deeply.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    teribad15 wrote: »
    they could put it in Dread Ring store for 300 shadowmantle seals or so.
    Seals of the Shadowmantle (i have 500 of them - which is max cap - and lost hundreds of them with M5) are very rare Dread dungeon drop, but they are common drop in Valindra´s Tower dungeon and are used for buying parts of Dread Legion set which is fine how is it set.

Eye of Lathander should be obtainable only via campaing resources - Thayan Cipher, Thayan Scroll and Vanguard Scrip - with ratio for example 100cipher/300scroll/500scrip. + Dread dung "RNG" chance. EoL is character bound, so i dont see any reason why we shouldnt get 4 or 5 of them after a year of playing. But ending with 0 drops after a year is just a bad joke. I hope somebody from Cryptic will read this topic.
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I ran like 50 times, no drop, I gave up :\
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It's pure luck.
    Set does not need further nerfs other than healing depression and the fact it's already bugged and does not always activate or the healing upon soulforged resurrection is cancelled by big finishers somehow.

For once it's not bad to see something you need luck to get and not pay/exploit to obtain.

My suggestion: have fun in the game, just do stuff for fun and sometimes you might get lucky.
    Try to farm rng stuff and you've a one way ticket to frustrationland.

The full set is nice but there are other artifacts with AP gain and other bonuses that are as useful or even better than the lathander set, you can use those and, in the meanwhile, just run DR dungeons for fun.
    Some players will never get certain stuff cause it's behind a huge payin*cough cough...* refining wall.

If for once there's one item/set that is rare to get due to pure luck being involved, giving all players the same (low) chance to get it, leave it like that and don't get obsessed over it.
  • Options
    angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I farmed and farmed and farmed for that artifact long after I had completed the campaign (before set bonuses).
    Finally I just gave up. Then over the course of time as I went back to the zone from time to time to level companions or out of boredom, it finally dropped. Then like a month later I was leveling another companion & it drops again.
    Pretty much same experience with the Valindra artifact. Farmed that for ages without a single drop. Gave up, and since have seen it drop 4 or 5 times, but never won the roll.

Moral of the story, never ever expect to get any artifact you want from drops. It's a pure fluke if it drops.
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    i opened 1000 of those coffers, but who am i kidding, i got it from my first try !!!! hahahahah
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Eye of Lathander should be BoE, Just like the other 2 Required for the Artifact set bonus are...
    I see if as unfair for us GWF / TR / HR's who benefit the best from lathanders belt that our Artifact is the only BoP of the sets.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The drop rate on the Eye probably is higher than the BoE artifacts that come from group content, to be honest.

Or a lot of people end up with it due to it dropping from extremely brief and easy solo instances... which is no doubt why it was made BoP in the first place.

RNG is RNG. I've had it at least 7 times on a 12-character account, some of that twice per character. 3 of those drops were in rapid succession after the sets were announced.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    The drop rate on the Eye probably is higher than the BoE artifacts that come from group content, to be honest.

Or a lot of people end up with it due to it dropping from extremely brief and easy solo instances... which is no doubt why it was made BoP in the first place.

RNG is RNG. I've had it at least 7 times on a 12-character account, some of that twice per character. 3 of those drops were in rapid succession after the sets were announced.

Well you're extremely lucky. I've done at least 30-40 starmetal and a reasonable number of adamant and still nothing.

• Options
    edited February 2015

Well you're extremely lucky. I've done at least 30-40 starmetal and a reasonable number of adamant and still nothing. I know some people have done 100's and not gotten it. so my count isnt that high, but I feel that grinding a campaign mission you have completed for an extra 2-3 months is very tedious.

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'll try to break down how many runs that was for you. I'm not trying to depict this as a breeze, but as something that requires a certain amount of patience.

First, I have used Relics to upgrade the gauntlets as quickly as possible on some characters, though the Relics were bought when they were ludicrously cheap due to the sheer number of people bulk-opening Rusted Iron boxes. I occasionally bought Antiquities if and only if someone posted them as cheaply as Relics.

While a character is running the Dread Ring campaign, I do the lairs pretty much every day. Most of the campaign can be completed with the Adamantine gauntlet unlocked if you do those tasks first. I don't do many other quests, depending on how badly I'm in need of extra scrip. If doing the other dailies, I collect quests and do one big round on the weekend, as this is much more efficient.

After Dread Ring is complete, on many weekends, I have still grabbed the lair quest and a gauntlet on every character on Friday, then on Saturday I'll pick Phantasmal Fortress and run that with everyone, and the same on Sunday. I will also do the lair I grabbed on Friday, spread out over the two days. Purple marks in the loot bags are generated at the time the bag is opened, not when you took the quest.

On weekends when I do that, it works out to 36 more chances at getting an Eye on somebody. But I don't really do it for the artifact, but for the refinement materials and salvage. PF is fast and has the most nodes, and I find the runs relaxing. Anyway, that's why I've gotten it so many times and people who get fed up and quit... don't.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    iefsikefiefsikef Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I bought about 500 star metal gauntlet where they were about 6k each..I have only 2 characters which are high end the rest are just leadership alts. At my 2nd char I got the artifact with a epic gauntlet (tried it about 50 times). But my main gwf is running the mini dungeons every day since the release of M2...I also wasted the 500 star metal gauntlets but I didn't gave up..somewhen I'll get it lol
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have gotten it on 3 of my toons. One toon got it pretty quickly, the other two it took many weeks worth of DR dungeon runs.

What seems worse is trying to get the Lightfoot Thief from doing Tier 6 dungeons with companions in Sword Coast! Closing in on 200 dungeon runs and nothing yet. :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'll say it again: do not try to farm rng stuff.
    Play the dam-n game for fun, do not get obsessed over specific gear or sets.

Plus it's nice to have for once a set that is not easily achieved through pay-to-win mechanic or exploit bilions of AD-buy BiS stuff-win.
  • Options
    rubens14rubens14 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    pando83 wrote: »
    Plus it's nice to have for once a set that is not easily achieved through pay-to-win mechanic or exploit bilions of AD-buy BiS stuff-win.

The only one set, as I know.
    Listen to the words of experience.
  • Options
    thunderincaravanthunderincaravan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have two characters:

1) HR - Side char now, using it only for some daily quests and quick farming. This char was able to open Arcane Coffer with Adamantite gauntlet in the end of December 2013. Doing Dread dungeon daily quest everyday. So far got 2x Eye of Lathander and if i remember correctly there was only one week gap between these two drops. And it was months ago.

2) GWF - Main char now. This char was able to open Arcane Coffer with Adamantite gauntlet in the beginning of February 2014. Doing Dread dungeon daily quest everyday. And also in the past used dozens of Star Metal Gauntlets so basically this char opened more Arcane Coffers than HR. So far got 0 Eye of Lathander.

This is not about any RNG. One char opened more Arcane Coffers than other one, around 7 months of doing Dread daily quests and 0 drops? This is really bad joke Cryptic, really bad.

You should make this artifact account bound or increase droprate or make it purchasable in Campaign Window via Thayan Ciper/Scroll/Scrip or combination of previous. I can imagine this: make blue version dropable from Arcane Coffer (low droprate) + green version buyable in Campaign Window. Both character bound.

In the past this artifact was really good and still for free (compared to other artifacts from lockboxes/bosses - saleable in AH), but today it is obsolete, even the active bonus isnt unique. With todays artifacts, this one wont have room in my artifact slots but still wanna have it in my collection but the most important, it should be reasonably obtainable for any new character. Any new character created on my account can have epic Dragonborn artifact, Sigil of GWF/HR and free quest artifact (Catalogue, Waters, Lantern). Having all these artifacts cost me only gameplay time or better say: I was rewarded for playing the game. On the other side, having Eye of Lathander on character of your choice is nearly impossible.

Also forgot to mention my casual drops from Dread dungeon. The most common drops are Peridots and R4, sometimes Aquamarines. And very rarely i got Shards of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Think about it Cryptic. Thank you and have a nice day.

To be honest, since the artifact sets came out, I decided to get it for a few toons. I wanted it for my GF, DC, and GWF (I know that's a weird one but it made sense to me). Anyway, I got it fairly quick with the GWF after about 10-15 runs. My GF had about the same amount of luck. My DC, not so lucky.....I still feel the drop rate is the same but the amount of luck may also come into play. Here's hoping you get your drop and I get mine ;)