test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bigger character ?

zaarrzaarr Member Posts: 21 Arc User
edited November 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi everyone !

I'm an old D&D player (started with the Basic Red Box around 1984), I tried Neverwinter when it first got out but didn't really like it, but the new "Rise of Tiamat" made me curious RP-wise so I decided to give this game another shot, and so far I must say I enjoy it much more than the first time :D

I do have one question though : is it possible to zoom in on our character without using the "Inspect" mode ?
I'm playing at 1920x1200, and I really feel that my character, and the characters I interact with, are a bit too small on my screen ... is it possible to set a "default" view that's bigger than what we have here at first ?

(and on a side note, what's the point of having this "normal mode / inspect mode" in the first place ??)

Thanks, and I'm sure I'm gonna have a lot more questions as I level up and discover more about this game :o
Post edited by zaarr on

Comments

• jeffro9000jeffro9000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    /gfxsetdefaultfov 55

55 is default, you could set it lower. Most people set it higher for more distance.
    Jeffro, DC
    Jeffrina Jones, GWF
    Jeffrodo, CW
    Jeffrogue, Rog
    Jelfro, GF
    Jeffrogolas Do'Urden, HR
    Jeffrodo Jaggins, SW
  • zaarrzaarr Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Oh woah that was fast, thanks :)

So if I want to see my character a bit bigger, what value do you suggest I choose ?? 40 ? 30 ?

And where do I type this ?
    Just in the chat panel ?
  • myleafsmyleafs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You can press the letter b, it will alow you to zoom in.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's a chat command, and you can play with the setting until you find one that looks good to you. It's not like you change it once and are stuck with it forever.

Edit: B is the inspect mode. You can't use it to play more than running around a bit.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited November 2014
    Ah excellent then, I'll try a few values and see the one I like better !
    (I should go to bed right now but it makes me want to log in the game and try this instead :p )

And, just out of curiosity, do you know what's the use of having this "normal mode / inspect mode" ?
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    zaarr wrote: »
    Ah excellent then, I'll try a few values and see the one I like better !
    (I should go to bed right now but it makes me want to log in the game and try this instead :p )

And, just out of curiosity, do you know what's the use of having this "normal mode / inspect mode" ?

Vanity, it gives people a way to look closely at their characters, and from different angles. Without futzing with chat commands.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Inspect mode is a really quick way to zoom in on stuff you want a better look at, is all.

Yes, this is usually how your spiffy new outfit looks... nothing wrong with that!
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited November 2014
    Inspect mode is a really quick way to zoom in on stuff you want a better look at, is all.

Well, yes, but we could have done that without having to switch modes, just like in any other MMO where you can zoom in and zoom out just as you want, why did they feel the need to separate two viewing modes ??

Anyway I set it at 38 and like it this way so far, thanks guys !! :D