test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TR SoD irony

onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
edited November 2014 in The Thieves' Den
Just can't help myself :)

Everyone calling Shadow of Demise a bug when it was not a bug as it was never stated it should only ever stack once on a target. It was godlike OP if you knew how to properly stack it.

Comes the nerf hammer. One active stack per target. HOWEVER, it only records the first attack you do instead of the total during the 6 seconds of Shadow of Demise. This will probably take weeks or months before it gets fix.

Ahhhh the irony.
Post edited by onegaki101 on

Comments

• Options
    caexarcaexar Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Irony and the tears of those TR's who were relying on it to be successful/wanted in groups.
    Threat level 60 Guardian Fighter
    Gloom level 60 Control Wizard
    Dusk level 60 Trickster Rogue
    Dawn level 60 Devoted Cleric
    Eclipse level 60 Hunter Ranger
    Wrath level 60 Great Weapon Fighter
    Jinx level 60 Scourge Warlock
  • Options
    group5egroup5e Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    caexar wrote: »
    Irony and the tears of those TR's who were relying on it to be successful/wanted in groups.

Couldn't agree more with this statement.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    irony is being forced to relying on it regardless the buffs
    irony is that a cw could keep up with that damage until the boss fight (where i could just hit for 7kk in 15 sec but nevermind)
  • Options
    robertapowerrobertapower Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The tool-tip clearly stated that the capstone does not stack, that was the way it was created to perform. I don't understand how so many of you think us being able to demolish any boss in seconds is simply OP and not god-mode. Name 1 other class that could possibly kill any of the dragons in twice the time I could with SoD. You can't, no one came close, it needed to be fixed, and people need to learn to play their class and not rely on a bugged feat
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The tool-tip clearly stated that the capstone does not stack, that was the way it was created to perform. I don't understand how so many of you think us being able to demolish any boss in seconds is simply OP and not god-mode. Name 1 other class that could possibly kill any of the dragons in twice the time I could with SoD. You can't, no one came close, it needed to be fixed, and people need to learn to play their class and not rely on a bugged feat

this does not solve the problem that the "fixed version" is broken and not working at all
  • Options
    izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Everyone know it was bugged because of multiple activation/stacking.
    We got 2 days of godmode, yay, after 2 mods of no existence in PVE.

But now, on preview its uselss feat.
    It doesnt count any damage dealt within 6s after activation.
    So if you hit something with stealthed CoS for 1000 dmg, after 6s target will receive 500dmg more.
    No matter how hard you hit that target during 6s of SoD activation.
    This feat as capstone is just... ehh its worst feat ever.
  • Options
    edited November 2014

The tool-tip/patch notes never said it could not be stack. Therefore people saying it is a bug is incorrect. It was god-like OP as I mentioned earlier. I never even said that it was not good to fix it. Also, you might want to look up the definition of "irony" and understand what was the point of this thread :)
  • Options
    djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    irony is being forced to relying on it regardless the buffs
    irony is that a cw could keep up with that damage until the boss fight (where i could just hit for 7kk in 15 sec but nevermind)

Umm yeah since most normal mobs are melted before 6 seconds, hence no benefit from that feat...
  • Options
    kuzuryoukuzuryou Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    **** it , i came because i noticed it and tested it .they always do the same , despite the stacking bug , the tooltip clearly says you have 6 seconds to accumulate damage on the target and now it's totally useless. great patch for true ...........
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    kuzuryou wrote: »
    **** it , i came because i noticed it and tested it .they always do the same , despite the stacking bug , the tooltip clearly says you have 6 seconds to accumulate damage on the target and now it's totally useless. great patch for true ...........

It's only as useless as the person using it.

SoD was never meant for a steady, irreversible and irresistably crapshi* level of damage. It's a Executioner capstone -- it was meant for an opportunistic singular attack chance which is laid out for the next 6 seconds, so you see a chance, hit with a strong encounter, and then follow up with as much damage as you can -- and then you fade away looking for another opportunity. That's why they gave the stealth meter protection as well increased meter regen speed.

Instead, the broken crapshi* SoD was stacking up with PotB which would start small, but then would continuously stack up exponentially. I've seen what this does to PvP, and I gotta say it's about the worst "no-skill" tactic in the game. Two of these TRs in node 2 and basically in 30 seconds the PotB stacks up damage upto levels which will wipe entire teams off the node -- while the TR does nothing but just walk around.

I've put down countless numbers of miserable dolts abusing this, but only possible because they were typical low-skill PuG level TRs mostly. But the amount of kills even those dipshi*s were getting in nodes where I weren't present, makes my skin crawl. Some 10.. 20.. even 30 kills I've seen made by TRs who would go down like the low-skilled imbeciles they were when they'd meet me, and yet that's how much kills they've been racking up. SoD was THAT broken.

I said this before, but there's a reason why PotB does not proc stuff, enchantments, etc etc.. you've all now seen why PotB should not be doing so. A non-targetted auto-attack with a good AoE radius -- that's as passive as it gets... and stuff that rewards you without you making any effort into it -- like Piercing Blades or all those shi**y CW auto-procs, is BAD for PvP.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I don't think any procs/pets/dots/etc should be procing other effects and there is a ton of that still around causing all sorts of problems in balancing. There are other idiotic things in the game, like being able to jump abuse attacks and you see a lot of low-skill dolts doing and defending this and calling it 'skill'.
  • Options
    godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    It is still viable if you want to run LB and SE or WoB, but otherwise yeah, the other options seem a lot more viable. Still though, the unmitigated stealth regen is nice too if you ever get caught out of stealth, but not really viable when fighting higher end players as they could nearly 1 rotation you if they do catch you. (PvP perspective)
  • Options
    kuzuryoukuzuryou Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    the bug was that it was stacking effects of shadow of demise when it shouldn't , but , the effect of giving you 6 seconds to accumulate damage before it explodes it was , and according to the tooltip still is intended to work , but instead now it only takes in account the damage from the very first hit you do , rendering the skill mostly useless.Way to go , instead of patching it from insane to normal , they went from insane to useless.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    godlysoul2 wrote: »
    It is still viable if you want to run LB and SE or WoB, but otherwise yeah, the other options seem a lot more viable. Still though, the unmitigated stealth regen is nice too if you ever get caught out of stealth, but not really viable when fighting higher end players as they could nearly 1 rotation you if they do catch you. (PvP perspective)

Sadly, even that is not working properly since the previous patch. Stealth still gets reduce when you get damage using the cap stone, although at a smaller value. I think it uses the same mechanism as Tenacity + 10% off-hand which even though it is 100%, you still get a small stealth reduction when receiving damage. A bug that will probably never get fix.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    It's only as useless as the person using it.

SoD was never meant for a steady, irreversible and irresistably crapshi* level of damage. It's a Executioner capstone -- it was meant for an opportunistic singular attack chance which is laid out for the next 6 seconds, so you see a chance, hit with a strong encounter, and then follow up with as much damage as you can -- and then you fade away looking for another opportunity. That's why they gave the stealth meter protection as well increased meter regen speed.

Instead, the broken crapshi* SoD was stacking up with PotB which would start small, but then would continuously stack up exponentially. I've seen what this does to PvP, and I gotta say it's about the worst "no-skill" tactic in the game. Two of these TRs in node 2 and basically in 30 seconds the PotB stacks up damage upto levels which will wipe entire teams off the node -- while the TR does nothing but just walk around.

I've put down countless numbers of miserable dolts abusing this, but only possible because they were typical low-skill PuG level TRs mostly. But the amount of kills even those dipshi*s were getting in nodes where I weren't present, makes my skin crawl. Some 10.. 20.. even 30 kills I've seen made by TRs who would go down like the low-skilled imbeciles they were when they'd meet me, and yet that's how much kills they've been racking up. SoD was THAT broken.

I said this before, but there's a reason why PotB does not proc stuff, enchantments, etc etc.. you've all now seen why PotB should not be doing so. A non-targetted auto-attack with a good AoE radius -- that's as passive as it gets... and stuff that rewards you without you making any effort into it -- like Piercing Blades or all those shi**y CW auto-procs, is BAD for PvP.

Shadowy Brother,

Stop insulting people.

The original poster is saying that the caspstone feat is supposed to collect all damage you do within the 6 seconds window then give 50% of all the damage you just did to the target again.

Instead the skill does 50% of the first attack you did out of stealth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I don't think he can make a single post without insulting someone. Even when he tries it is at best an underhanded compliment or something else trifling like that.
  • Options
    froszztfroszzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    I always invited TR's for my ELOL runs when we needed more people. This was mod 4. Since mod 5 came I have actually said "anything but a TR"

I am fully aware that 99.9% of the people enjoy running with broken stuff to make easy content even easier on them. But I am not that guy. No broken Warlocks with TT, not GF's with KV. No CW stacking. No kiting and now, certainly no TR's.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    froszzt wrote: »
    I always invited TR's for my ELOL runs when we needed more people. This was mod 4. Since mod 5 came I have actually said "anything but a TR"

I am fully aware that 99.9% of the people enjoy running with broken stuff to make easy content even easier on them. But I am not that guy. No broken Warlocks with TT, not GF's with KV. No CW stacking. No kiting and now, certainly no TR's.

What about now? It was only broken like that for all of two days.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Speaking of broken, anyone seen them DC's running burning guidance (the one that lags you so bad)? They will smoke a current Exe.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    godlysoul2 wrote: »
    It is still viable if you want to run LB.

The entire argument about all of this revolves around the viability of TRs in PVE. The hell is an exe good for in PVE now. Stab the boss and just have a staring contest with it?
  • Options
    reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    The entire argument about all of this revolves around the viability of TRs in PVE. The hell is an exe good for in PVE now. Stab the boss and just have a staring contest with it?

Shh if you hurt the boss's feelings they might find something else to nerf.
    Edit: Yes SoD was ment to be a fix but its now a nerf in its current state.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I expect the same speed for fixing the new bugged version of SoD than they did last time, so in 1-2 days it SHOULD do what it states, that is taking ALL the damage you've done in those 6 secs and then taking half of the total.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Except it will be the weekend, if it's not getting fixed now, it will likely be next week's maintenance. Let's hope for an 'emergency' maintenance.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Matters not to me. Fell in love with the scoundrel path at first sight. Watch it be the next victim lol. Won't be shocked. I do feel soooo much better now since mod 4 and prior.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    scoundrel is very veyr fun, too bad it doesn't work much in most bosses or big mobs :(
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I like the scoundrel a whole lot as well even if it is less useful on bosses. Really, though, considering we had lost our boss damage edge previously I figured no reason to even compete in that race anymore and simply play whatever seemed the most fun.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Love how everyone says not as useful on bosses or mass mobs. You have ANY idea how much damage a stealth smoke bomb does?! You don't even need to go Exe for dps, the TR's encounter already does way too much.

I love the TR, but honest to god, I want the damage toned down on smoke bomb, it is overboard. I'm completely shocked that people are fine with it! My destroyer GWF cannot even compete with every rotation with my TR's single smoke bomb, it's disgusting.

I don't even use a vorpal btw....
  • Options
    lupisulupisu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I wonder if SoD stacking would really be that OP given that the Exe as of now is below Sab in both sustained *and* burst damage.. Not in the way it was after the update, that was ridiculously OP. But the culprit primarily, rather than stacking, was the feat proccing from sources other feats do not.

After all both Concussive Strike and, more to the point, Shadowy Opportunity would have similar, if maybe not as severe, OP problems if not for the fact that they are not procced by any of the things which cased the issue. Not PotB, SB, enchants, or other dot powers responsible for the exploit.

That said even a quick fix to get it working with a single stack would surprise me..
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I'm dealing the output of my SS CW with EotS active. I don't see SoD ever being balanced as long as TRs are capable of being AoE nukes.
  • Options
    heruwath1heruwath1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Shadowy Brother,

Stop insulting people.

The original poster is saying that the caspstone feat is supposed to collect all damage you do within the 6 seconds window then give 50% of all the damage you just did to the target again.

Instead the skill does 50% of the first attack you did out of stealth.

++1

I think kweassa that you should stop talking about skill in tr's class after mod 5, when the dev's statement for nerfing stealth and making this ****ty rework is to eliminate skill, read please carefully the statement and stop insulting other players especially when you play the most op tr paragon. Plus i dont know why its ok for a 14k SW to do 1-1,5 mill in bosses such as Valindra from a no-bugged skill and for a 12-14k tr not be able to pick up his acnient dagger in cn with as much ease as the previous one. plus it makes me laugh that a hugh geared ranged WK having trouble with a exec using PoB in pvp.

If te tr's are eating one another and suggesting nerfs(please DONT tell me the skill was bugged) for other tr paragon's and paths when they should support even the skill-less way for a TR to play as many ppl's dont have the same time to learn to play, the same lag cause they are in locations where they cant react in time , or they might actually lack the skill to play and they like to play the rogue. what should they do? delete toon and create a cw or sw??