test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are the drop rates for artifact belt/cloaks too high? (mod 5)

lnsolveelnsolvee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 60
edited November 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Do you think the dropping rate of artifact cloak+belt is too high? I personally think so, I got an artifact belt (black ice) at my second draconic herald try and then a black ice cloak at my 4th or 5th.
Here's the proofs, I didn't took a screen of cloak but I actually equipped it so that's the proof, as for the belt:
rRs95oY.png

Am I being lucky or is the drop rate too high? there is a BUNCH of cloaks/belts in ah, the black ice belt is just 1m and the lathanders one is 440K lmao...

What do you think? Feel free to vote
EDIT: I'M NOT ASKING FOR A NERF, I WANT TO SEE PEOPLE OPINIONS LMAO
Thank you
I am Elros the Guardian Fighter.
Post edited by lnsolvee on

Comments

• Options
    isuuck2isuuck2 Member Posts: 491 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    you kidding me? this is what you thread is? are the drop rates to high? man **** you.
  • Options
    kaedennnkaedennn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 361 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    well , if drop is too low you complain , if it's high you complain too ? WT** ??
    so you got your belt , you equipped it and you want to close the door for the other players ? pffff what a mentality !!!
  • Options
    stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So you got all your gear already and want to jack up others? Stupid thread. Should close and burn it.

Oh and eff your thread.

Close this thread plz.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    kaedennn wrote: »
    well , if drop is too low you complain , if it's high you complain too ? WT** ??
    so you got your belt , you equipped it and you want to close the door for the other players ? pffff what a mentality !!!
    I didn't equip it, I sold it for 800K in ah. I didn't said I want it nerfed, it's an opinion and I'd like to see other's opinion about it.
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I did the Dragon encounter 6 times (last night and today, so about 28 dragon kills), in all but the first of those we killed all the dragons. I have yet to get an artifact of any kind, and only 1 person in my guild has gotten an artifact despite 12 people doing (cumulatively) 60+ runs (over 250 dragons killed).

So, no, I don't think the drop rate is too high.
  • Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Mod 4: Droprate is too low! OMG!
    Mod 5: Droprate is too high! OMG!

Funny man XD

Think about why they did this.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Again so everyone get this clear, I AM NOT ASKING FOR A NERF, I was just curious about people opinions, I am not greedy about it or anything.
  • Options
    notsheriffsrsnotsheriffsrs Banned Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    insolvee PLS.

If you get a BI cloak you know who to send it to.

This motivated me to farm this poverty module.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Considering the fact that it takes what, several million AD in RP points just to make them better than what you already have, drop rate seems about right. I've heard people not getting it in 200 tries, and people getting it on their first.

I say though, would be cool if they spawned one dragon every 12 minutes...endless dragon farming ftw.

I agree though, stupid topic from someone who got their stuff and wants to screw others (regardless of what he says).
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Can't really say, you're one of a few people and the modules only been out for a few days. However in the last module the drop rate was abysmally low. It was so low that even if it came legendary it might only then make up for it.
  • Options
    kaedennnkaedennn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 361 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    lnsolvee wrote: »
    Again so everyone get this clear, I AM NOT ASKING FOR A NERF, I was just curious about people opinions, I am not greedy about it or anything.

you can ask in game and delete this topic XD
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Also, I got no clue if this affect the drop rate, but what I usually do is: Go the whatever dragon no one is on so I get a 100% chance of Great Success. (that's how I got both artifact personally). Hope it helps people who is trying to farm it.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Considering the fact that it takes what, several million AD in RP points just to make them better than what you already have, drop rate seems about right. I've heard people not getting it in 200 tries, and people getting it on their first.

I say though, would be cool if they spawned one dragon every 12 minutes...endless dragon farming ftw.

I agree though, stupid topic from someone who got their stuff and wants to screw others (regardless of what he says).

Can't you read? I said I dont want it nerfed. I want to see what people think about it. God..
  • Options
    vadimt83vadimt83 Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I cant believe what I'm reading. We got a better drop rate and its "too high".
    Too high means you get a belt every second try. Whatever percent it is (10? 20?) is a step in the right direction, nothing more.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    lnsolvee wrote: »
    Can't you read? I said I dont want it nerfed. I want to see what people think about it. God..

People are sensitive to how bad the drop rates were last module and we can't detect your tone so it can be read in multiple ways.
  • Options
    wick220wick220 Member Posts: 40
    edited November 2014
    I had your experience once. Let me explain. It was the Call to Arms: Pit Fight event. First encounter: Shadow Wolf drops. Second encounter: Curio drops. Third encounter: Third best item drops (I forget what it was). 3 Encounters, 3 major event items.

At first I thought "**** drop rates are awesome for this". I did the event another 100+ times and never saw those items again.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I do agree, however I didn't said I'm with or agaisn't the current drop rate. I dont care at all about it, I just want to see people point of view about it.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Just making a topic like this indicates to the powers that be that we're being rewarded far too well and the drop rate will be treated like enchants in IWD....
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Got black ice belt from the second dragon, then nothing more then 20 times even with great success. The drop rates are fine.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    I'm closing this down now as it is being misinterpreted and it is far too early in Mod 5 release to be making such assumptions. Let's give it a week or two, at least.. shall we?

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator

This discussion has been closed.