test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Augment Companion Rank 25 vs 30, same benefits?

borrowedtime1borrowedtime1 Member Posts: 131 Bounty Hunter
edited November 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm looking at the wiki here (http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Companion) and it says:
Every companion has three equipment slots starting with one slot open at rank 1. As your companion gains ranks, the other two slots will unlock at rank 15 and rank 25.
These are your companion's Runestone slots automatically starting with one slot open at rank 1. As your companion gains ranks, the other two slots will unlock at rank 10 and rank 15. Here you can give your companion additional bonuses depending on what kind of slot your companion has.

So are there 0 benefit aside from different Passive Bonus between Rank 25 (blue) & Rank 30 (purple) Augment Companions?
Post edited by borrowedtime1 on

Comments

• Options
    tearsoffeartearsoffear Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    better SCA
    better stats (HP, power etc)

and it's purple! (=new skin)
    But there are many things you can do to improve your GS before investing the 750k AD to upgrade to purple.
  • Options
    pilipino93pilipino93 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    true, on many of my chars, i only get companions for their active bonuses (ofc) and have all of them mostly at blue. No need to spend 3/4s of a mill on each to get it to max
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Some of the active bonuses ramp up VERY nicely from 25 to 30. Eryines for example goes from bonus 5% crit severity to 10%. that alone sells upgrading her to me.

You just need to check out your companions on the wiki and see the difference, and make a call based on that.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    better SCA
    better stats (HP, power etc)

and it's purple! (=new skin)
    But there are many things you can do to improve your GS before investing the 750k AD to upgrade to purple.
    SCA?

pilipino93 wrote: »
    true, on many of my chars, i only get companions for their active bonuses (ofc) and have all of them mostly at blue. No need to spend 3/4s of a mill on each to get it to max
    Thank you.

thesensai wrote: »
    Some of the active bonuses ramp up VERY nicely from 25 to 30. Eryines for example goes from bonus 5% crit severity to 10%. that alone sells upgrading her to me.

You just need to check out your companions on the wiki and see the difference, and make a call based on that.
    I checked wiki, it's just that Augment Companions (http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Ioun_Stone_of_Allure) on Wiki have no incremental Active Bonus shown as do other ones (http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Man_at_Arms).
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    SCA refers to Sword Coast Adventures, the dice game in Gateway.

You use your companions' dice to fight monsters in a dungeon, and the dice get better as your companions' levels increase.

The monsters drop gold, seals, crafting mats, etc. - and the hardest dungeon has a chance to drop a companion that can be sold for a lot of AD. You pretty much need 4 epic companions of varied dice to complete that.
  • Options
    blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    yes it is worth leveling up. Your augmented stats go up source: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Augment

if you look at a few of the iouns there for example going from 25-30 gives you +27 stats on the ioun stone of might in each of the stats it augments. so 27x4+50hp = a fair bit of stats on the augment alone - not including the gear you put in there. If you have a defense slot this also gives you a % more boost in stats if you are using an eldrich runestone.

now whether its worth 750k or not that is your call, each augment will have different stats, some will give you more some less overall augments.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I checked wiki, it's just that Augment Companions (http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Ioun_Stone_of_Allure) on Wiki have no incremental Active Bonus shown as do other ones (http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Man_at_Arms).

Stone of radiance and the Ioun Dragon Stone and somewhat stone of might have better actives. For the allure, the upgrade is minimal.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Do we also get 100% stats from the Ioun Stone Item Slots? (Belt, Neck, etc.)
    What about their Stats, like I see some of them have 10 Power, 10 Defense or something.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Do we also get 100% stats from the Ioun Stone Item Slots? (Belt, Neck, etc.)
    What about their Stats, like I see some of them have 10 Power, 10 Defense or something.

you get all the stats (except for hp) in the items you put there. The augment stats (like 50 hp, 10 power, crit and recovery for example) you get that also but those do not add to your GS.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014

Yep, that's one of the few that's actually worth taking to purple. A great pet, highly recommended.
    you get all the stats (except for hp) in the items you put there. The augment stats (like 50 hp, 10 power, crit and recovery for example) you get that also but those do not add to your GS.

Didn't they fix it so that HP works on augments too, some time ago?
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited November 2014

What? HP from neck/ring/belt/icon slots on Ioun Stone don't count towards your health pool? I had no idea.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    Didn't they fix it so that HP works on augments too, some time ago?

I asked a guildie about it less then a month ago, he said it doesn't add hp to you. Just the other stats.
  • Options
    janr92janr92 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I asked a guildie about it less then a month ago, he said it doesn't add hp to you. Just the other stats.

Yes they did, actually my radiance one have a belt with hp and i gain it
    | Yolt - TR MI Executioner |
    < Guild: Gravity X Game >
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    janr92 wrote: »
    Yes they did, actually my radiance one have a belt with hp and i gain it

then i guess you can get hp from your ioun gear/enchants then.
  • Options
    jakefearjakefear Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hello everyone. if you already get 100% stats from the pets. may i kindly ask what is the use for Eldritch runestones then?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    jakefear wrote: »
    Hello everyone. if you already get 100% stats from the pets. may i kindly ask what is the use for Eldritch runestones then?
    When placed in a defensive slot, Eldritch runestones give an extra percentage of your pets stats to you, depending on the rank of the stone. On my main CW, I use Eldritches in my Epic quality Ioun Stone of Allure, both in the defensive slot for the stats but also in the offensive slots for the armor pen added to the companion's stats, which in turn boost my Armor Pen a little more thanks to it being an Augment and the Eldritch in the defensive slot. This is really best when used on an Augment companion rather than a combat one as well as is more noticeable on higher rank Eldritch stones.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I think you get 102% for Rank 1 then? But their stats are so low (10 each for Ioun Stone of Allure) that I think using other Runestone would be better?

Another question here: Is there no limit on the Belt/Neck we can give our Companions? Even Ancient Ring of __ or Artifact one works?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Dear Zebular

Ok I believe my question has been answered. Thank you.

Would like to clarify. So what if the pet is a leader / striker / controller etc. you don't get 100% default stats from them?
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Another question here: Is there no limit on the Belt/Neck we can give our Companions? Even Ancient Ring of __ or Artifact one works?

Artifact gear cannot be used on companions , any other gear can , the BiS gear for companions now are the new Jewelcrafting items with two enchantment slots.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    I think you get 102% for Rank 1 then? But their stats are so low (10 each for Ioun Stone of Allure) that I think using other Runestone would be better?

Artifact Belts cannot be equipped on a companion. Those stats listed there in the wiki are base rank 1 stats. My Epic one, with equipment and offensive stones, has over hundreds of stats and over 1k in Armor Pen. Of which, I get 100% of its base stats and then an extra 9% of its total stats from my eldritch.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014

That's outdated information. This was fixed ages ago.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Dear Zebular

Ok I believe my question has been answered. Thank you.

Would like to clarify. So what if the pet is a leader / striker / controller etc. you don't get 100% default stats from them?
    Nay, only Augment Companions confer some to all of their stats upon the player and then only when it is the Summoned Companion. If it's just active, then you'll only get the active passive bonus.
  • Options
    edited November 2014

No, battle companions only transfer whatever stats you can get from using Eldritch on defense slots or the special Bonding runestones and their "companion's gift" ability.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, as becky added: Eldritch and Bonding stones in defensive slots will confer any companions total stats upon you, based on the % of the stone. Again, as long as it is the summoned companion, not just active. Augments are the only ones that give a percentage of the companion's base stats to you. Bonding Runestones are triggered by the pet and last only a short time, while Eldritch is a constant boost. Bonding's stat boost will only work on a combat companion, as Augments do not do anything to trigger it. Eldritch works on any companion.

Somehow I got it in my head bonding only gave stats in a defensive slot. Corrected, thanks becky!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Bonding works on any slot, but the transfer is a proc from the companion using powers, rather than the always-on from Eldritch on defense. It's still really cool, and especially effective on companions that have powers with low cooldowns.

Bonding runes can be used on augments as well, but will just give their flat stat bonus since augments have no usable powers.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Thank you becky and Zebular. Have a great week ahead. :)
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Actually, the active bonus increase you get from upgrading from blue to purple kicks in as soon as you make the upgrade - you don't have to level it from 25 to 30 to get the increased active bonus. That's what happened when I recently upgrade my Blacksmith from blue to purple. As soon as the upgrade kicked in, the Blacksmith was still level 25 (and now purple), but the active bonus increased from 15% to 25% immediately. It's about quality, not level, for active bonus increases from blue to purple.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Thank you everyone. This realy clears things up for me. Ready to log in to play any time now.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Thank you everyone. This realy clears things up for me. Ready to log in to play any time now.

oh, nevermind...
    dwightmc wrote:
    Hey everyone, emergency account server maintenance has begun. Estimated downtime is 2 hours, but could be extended due to unforeseen issues. We apologize for this unexpected downtime and appreciate your patience.

- Dwight

Update 1 7:14 AM PST Maintenance has begun.
    Update 2 8:01 AM PST Maintenance is progressing as planned. Still looking at the same downtime.
    Update 3 8:29 AM PST Maintenance is ongoing. No changes to the estimated downtime.
    Update 4 8:58 AM PST Unfortunately it looks like we will not be able to get the servers back up at the estimated time. It could be another 25 mins until we bring everything back. Sorry for the delay.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?795941-Neverwinter-Emergency-Maintenance-11-21-at-7-AM-PST&p=9504561&viewfull=1#post9504561
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Had no clue that augments conferred HP now.
    I upgraded my cat to change the color. Well, partly. ;)
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?