test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

(Humorous) Tropes in Neverwinter we don't think about much...

2»

Comments

• thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Where do all those millions of peridots that we use for refining go to?
    How many valindra shadowmantles are there and how does castle never fill up so quickly with the exact same monsters after being cleared?
    Where do celestial coins go when we don't invoke and how do we magically spend them?
    I am sure by now considering all the dragons and dracoliches we have killed across all the modules the species which was seen as "rare" must now be extinct. What happened to all the other epic monsters in the world? I would love to see a demilich just for the sake of variety :p
  • mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    There is winter season/winter festival in NEVERWINTER :)
  • luxarkluxark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If you managed to get the last two boons of the ToD-Campaign, you probaly slaughtered more dragons than the amount which would fit into the world of Fearûn. Congratulations, you are basically responsible for a genocide.

No one in Neverwinter cares if your riding on completely unrealistic (for D&D-measures) mounts. It is totaly normal for them to see people riding a flying disk or get carried by slime.

Since everything respawns - inclusive the player - and thus everything is immortal, the world of Neverwinter would be completely overpopulated by now. This also means, you are not responsible for a genocide on dragonkind, since they are also immortal. But you tried! So, i hope you feel bad now!
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    mmm1001 wrote: »
    There is winter season/winter festival in NEVERWINTER :)

Technically it's not in the actual city of Neverwinter, though...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    A dragon dies every 20 minutes in Neverwinter. If you donate 1 M AD to me, together we can then make a difference :p
    reference to these adverts:
    http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-22935692
  • shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Snt. Knox has at least 1 twin brother: I am absolutely positive that he can be seen in the PE and in DR at the same time.
    Like the 1st time I came to DR and saw him there it astounded me that he managed to cover such a distance faster than me. But then I started my investigation by moving as quick as possible there (from the DR to the PE by the palace where he usually stands) and back again. Each time he was either in DR or in PE.

I wasn't sure - may be he indeed moved so quickly (who knows) - but then I decided to settle it once and for all. I came to DR and asked one of my guildmates (who remained behind in PE) if he could see Knox at his position. And - believe me or not! - but he indeed was there (standing and talking to newbies and everything); and at the same time I could see him with my own eyes mounted by the DR entrance!!

Forgotten Realms are truly full of wonders :rolleyes:
  • circle33circle33 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Here's some more:

No one reacts to our companions - they could be a giant spider, a giant snake-angel-lady, or even a leprechaun, but nobody cares one bit.

Nobody will sell us drinks! Sure, we can buy potions, gear of all sorts, various skill kits, but not one barkeep will pour me a pint, no matter how much money I have.

Along with the above, no one will sell us food! I've been living on leftovers from the Midsummer and Winter events, but I'm starting to run out! That bait-meat for the Portal Hounds in Malabog's realm and spoiled meat hanging around the Dwarven Valley is starting to look like a good alternative.

I keep losing my keys! I've been using the same key to lock and unlock the door to my home for years, but with just one use, the dungeon delve key breaks/vanishes/goes missing! Similarly, I can send some guards I've recruited to collect taxes, but they always loose the map! Personally, I think they can't find anyone to sell them food or drink, so just eat it out of necessity.

Off topic but noticing your signature...."Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Play the right way!

So a community to brainwash people into sweeping things under the rug...nice. Geez...how about stop enabling this to be put on players shoulders to "play the right way" and the people running this game fix it. No wonder there are so many blamers of players in this game. People like you encourage it!
  • ferrolhoferrolho Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    circle33 wrote: »
    Off topic but noticing your signature...."Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Play the right way!

So a community to brainwash people into sweeping things under the rug...nice. Geez...how about stop enabling this to be put on players shoulders to "play the right way" and the people running this game fix it. No wonder there are so many blamers of players in this game. People like you encourage it!

In a thread, that at least people were not complaining but just having a bit of fun about Neverwinter. With so many threads already posted about, after so many discussions, was it really necessary to bring that here? Geez.
  • cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Got few more:
    -Grandmasters of profession seem to do things quicker but with same effect (I can clean up my room quicker than my brother but that mean I won't be cleaning my closet for quite some time)
    -Nobody seems to care that there are Warlocks all around and they are serving Belial
    -There's night in Vellosk all the time and day everywhere else
    -Pirate King never runs away in his ship, even when he sees adventurers running towards his ship with 30 of his men being slaughtered just before getting aboard
    -I must admire devotion of spider queens disciples, she sucks their life force out of them but they still serve her (well, at least thoose still alive). Though that might be some sort of illusion spell
    -where does our companions stay? active or inactive they just appear out of nowhere (pkemons?)
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    General Gabriel Surestrike sitting in his war tent raises his gaze from his maps to see 2 of his man-at arms returning from their mission to Destroy an Enemy Camp. The 2 men are struggling to get 3 LARGE Chest of goods through the tent door.

-Ah good spoils tonight. He roars.

With the hilt of of his sword he knocks the lock right off. Carefully opening the first chest with anticipation he finds...

A single white pearl!
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ferrolho wrote: »
    Rath Modar never knows how to craft the better gauntlets.

And yet there he is still in the Dread Ring even after you've played through the events of Tyranny of Dragons.

This guy is even harder to kill permanently than Wilfred.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia