test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

BiS Armor Set

seventhpillarseventhpillar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
edited November 2014 in The Library
For so long, HV had dominated the armor set and has been known the BiS armor since I started this game back in beta. I remember the days when they used to stack with other CWs while it's buff/debuff stacked 3x per CW. Then it got nerfed to no longer stack with others but still stacked to 3x. Now that it doesn't stack with other CWs and now just buffs/debuffs to only 450 defense, I find it only useful when I'm soloing, since it's guaranteed another CW will be using it on a party run. Not only that, the 450 defense buff/debuff doesn't feel that much enticing anymore. Don't get me wrong, it's still a good set with good stat distribution and easiest to build upon. However, to me I feel the new BiS armor set is the Corrupted Black Ice. Yes it has lesser power and recovery stats but once you balance all the stats out, it pays big time. The control bonus works well in this current mod when CWs are forced to trigger procs, not to mention the glyphs that have been introduced. Not only that, it also provide better defense and DR which gives you better survival chance. The only downside is the empowerment feature which isn't that all bad. I have been using the corrupted set for a while now and sometimes I run with other CWs, they are surprised that I am wearing them and equally surprised when they are out damaged by a large margin. Really the key is finding the right balance and min/max the stats that would rival the HV. The control bonus coupled with the glyphs and corrupted power bonus to me is way better than what the current mod4 HV brings, even with my reinforced gloves. The limitations of the corrupted set on stats can be easily remedied by armor kits.

Your thoughts?
Post edited by seventhpillar on

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My CW was a character I brought into the stable late, so I still only have two pieces of HV, but have been rocking full Corrupted Black Ice for some months. I haven't applied kits to it yet since I'm still working out some enchant stuff and am not sure if I want to go power or something else.

I have no basis to compare the two, but I will say CBI is good armor, I like it, and I'm glad to have it. I'll still be working on getting my HV set too though, since CBI doesn't debuff for a party and another CW is no guarantee on a guild run.

I'm not crazy about the upkeep costs, but that's largely because anything that adds grind time to one character inhibits being able to play multiples. Less of a big deal for people with more focus.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • marduk6sic6marduk6sic6 Member Posts: 22
    edited October 2014
    My CW was a character I brought into the stable late, so I still only have two pieces of HV, but have been rocking full Corrupted Black Ice for some months. I haven't applied kits to it yet since I'm still working out some enchant stuff and am not sure if I want to go power or something else.

I have no basis to compare the two, but I will say CBI is good armor, I like it, and I'm glad to have it. I'll still be working on getting my HV set too though, since CBI doesn't debuff for a party and another CW is no guarantee on a guild run.

I'm not crazy about the upkeep costs, but that's largely because anything that adds grind time to one character inhibits being able to play multiples. Less of a big deal for people with more focus.

my HV set has been untouched for months now. I wear he 4/4 corrupted in both PVP/E to make up for lack of power I just have radiant 10s in all offense since all the other stats are pretty good from the BI gear. but for glyphs, I just throw in blues for pve and of course reds for pvp >.> also your companion bonuses play a big part in pve with the stone being active. I use two empowered 10's and a 9 for now on offense so my power is over 9k which is plenty :P and with the intel belt, its not hard to top dps much anymore. I don't even change out my profound rings ad other non BI gear for pve
  • angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    HV x3 = 30% damage bonus in PVE.
    If your stacking CWs and others are running HV that's one thing.
    Using a different armor set because it gives you an edge on Paingiver at the expense of a 30% damage buff to high HP mobs for your entire team....well...to each their own.

P.S. you will do more damage with HV than you will with BI gear even if you end up lower on the paingiver list for it. (with the exception of trash that falls over dead in one rotation anyway).

Paingiver is highly overrated, and often doesn't reflect what is really going on.
    The biggest thing you can do to increase paingiver is switch to a non optimal encounter rotation so you can get your biggest hits in first while the trash is still alive and then put out ST or something else to stack HV after the trash is dead effectively wasting a significant amount of dps (30% * 4) on the mobs that take more than one rotation.

Trust me, I really wish HV wasn't BIS, but it is hands down the winner.
  • veshorokveshorok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    ehm..i was expected to read about draconic, purified, some 2+2..but corrupted?
    and no, if we're talking about pve it's not about 450 defense that HV is stealing from mobs. it's pure 30% damage boost to the whole party attacking those mobs. the other thing is that not every cw can stack HV debuffs properly - tho it's a different story.
    corrupted is good only for its overloads (you know red glyphs). and i highly doubt those 'a bit too broken' enchants will be left with the same effect for a long period. on the other hand, devs are ready to shock us any day of a week so who knows..
    anyway if CBI suits your playstyle there's no need to explain to anyone why you wear it ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My thoughts.. and brace yerself they are mega useless.. are that I never bothered with HV at all on all three of my mages. For exactly the reasons you state. I had two pieces in the bank when they nerfed it.. and I sold them. I run 2/4-2/4 and it has zilch to do with GS, it works great. I get all the stats I need to D-R, then it's all power. It works, anyone who thinks it doesn't can tug their ears and wait for the pop. =)

Black Ice? Not me. Too much grind and I'm not doing the batteries not included, ever. If they stay on that path, I have no problem playing another game.
  • seventhpillarseventhpillar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    HV x3 = 30% damage bonus in PVE.

That's the thing, I agree with you if it was back in mod 3. Before it clearly stated stacks up to three times. Looking it now on mod 4, it doesn't say it stack anymore and I'm looking at ACT to see if it still does but I clearly do not see it nor see any indication it still does. I may just be looking at the wrong area in ACT. If you can point that to me, that would be great and parse to see if it still does.
  • kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well one problem with the ACT parse, is finding something Steal Time doesn't kill outright, then dumping a decent offensive spell in the HV debuff window.
  • seventhpillarseventhpillar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    FWIW, I been using HV since the beta all the way up to end of mod 3 and was heavily advocating it even though I had my corrupted set completed ages ago (it sat on my bank that whole time, even playing PVP I used my HV). Mod 4 runs around and somehow it felt lackluster and didn't feel the same anymore as if the 4 set bonus got nerfed. Don't get me wrong I know there were tons of changes to the CW then, for again FWIW, I used to be a renegade spec and maximized timing, CA - CS for maximum gain. Being forced into the "new and improved" (ahem) proc wizards, were you are canned to be thaum to maximize dps; felt a bit lackluster.
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hi there!

If i may add a few details, why the HV still rocks for me.

Firstly in dungeons the RNG monster isn't so bad like in Icewind, my CW couldn't get ANY of the Black Ice parts needed to complete a set, nada. If you are very unlucky in getting all HV pieces, you still can save up the AD and buy it on AH, with BI gear this is impossible.

Secondly i am not egoistic, i want to help the team i run with, even if i have to sacrifice some damage, but not needed, HV is on par or even better, than a same CBI armor set with the same enchants.

Thirdly some of you may only laugh about this, but this game is international, many players from poorer countries- like myself- play the game too. For us a decent HV set is better, we can't afford the money for rank 10 enchants, kits, orange artifacts, all purple companions to iron out the missing stats.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    5 mins ACT test in preview on single target in IWD dummy with single target powers(preparing for Lol obviously).

HV 16k dps.
    Draconic, corr-BI(red dragon glyph) 15-15k dps
    SW, 2-2 DL/MC set 14-14k dps

Case closed for me...!

Well I didn't adjust lesser recovery for the latters but I doubt it will change the results significally. Maybe more testing required.

I must admit I excepted more from corr-BI or 2-2 power sets for single target.

CW has only party buff sets and doesn't really have single target buff sets like SW which has the game best (imba)self-buff set the accursed diabolist which can give the owner 15-20% extra dmg explicitely shown damage in ACT. Not just some urban legend that HV is giving 30% dmg self and the whole party.
    Can someone even confirm that 3*450 defense reduction means 30% dmg...? Who can tell for sure how new monsters defense are working now?
    Not to mention in single target you cant put enough HV stacks. Only Chill strike/Ice Knife does.
  • ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    kozi, what was ur rotation?

Red glyphs need ticking (dots or multihit) to shine. hitting stuff with chill strike, icy rays or ice knife, etc is not optimal for them.

they shine with the aoe stuff like Icy terrain, Steal Time , Oppresive Force and well conduit of ice.
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ximae wrote: »
    kozi, what was ur rotation?

Red glyphs need ticking (dots or multihit) to shine. hitting stuff with chill strike, icy rays or ice knife, etc is not optimal for them.

they shine with the aoe stuff like Icy terrain, Steal Time , Oppresive Force and well conduit of ice.
    It was single target(roe, cs, coi, ir). Lol only.
    Other glyps are even worse.
    Red glyphs were giving 9-10%. dmg.
    The black one gave only 2%.
  • ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    yeah rest arent that good that is clear, what i meant is that a pure single target rotation isnt the best way to abuse reds. thus they dont really shine in single target, they shine in the current aoe rotation that abuses procs. u could try it out in a single target scenario (with rof) and check out what dmg it deals though, merely for curiosity
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    From a 1-2 man CN clearing perspective (where things do not outright die immediately):

- HV seems better, DPS wise. I managed to put about 9200-9300 Power on it without me even trying too much, and with some r7s as well. My issue: as a PvP spec, I couldn't amass enough LS to be able to solo draco with HV, and I'm too squishy as well. 7-8% LS - won't keep you alive.
    - Purified, lower Power (like 8200 or so). Tank CW - 42K HP lol. 13.2% LS OP as hell. Reds, not entirely necessary to solo Draco, but they help a lot.
    - Corrupted - didn't try it yet. I probably never will, because I'd have to put LS kits on it replacing my HP ones and that will never happen, or buy Cleaving rings for my stone etc. Seems a very good set though.

So I use HV up to Draco. Sometimes to Draco as well, but if we wipe once, I am putting on Purified and basically soloing the fight if anybody dies on me. It's like turning on cheat mode :P

As an older CW that was here for more than a year, I still like HV better overall. I tried to use it even in PvP when everybody already had BI sets. Too squishy :) But for PvE, HV remains great. SW is decent too.
  • angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kozi001 wrote: »
    Not to mention in single target you cant put enough HV stacks. Only Chill strike/Ice Knife does.

Steal Time puts up 3 stacks of HV. If your doing a single target fight as Thaum use Steal Time for HV stacks. Chill strike puts up 2 stacks & Entangling force puts up 1 stack, so you could use those, but don't unless there is a reason (such as mobility) as they put out less dps than single target Steal Time.

I'm not editing the below for readability, but you can get the info from it (copy pasted from spreadsheet). This is pure single target dps of a single ability being cast over & over for 5+ minutes each in Mod 4 (no other ability used). There is no 4 piece bonus in effect and no EOTS. Don't take the numbers to literally as you should run multi iterations to get the real dps with varying crit %, but it gives you a good idea.

Ability DPS Total DPS Storm Spell Assailant Creeping Frost Warped Magic Elven Ferocity Shadowtouched
    Icy Terrain 404.26 2764.86 569.21 1023.63 703.85 31.59 16.87 15.45
    Conduit of Ice 307.11 2278.11 525.26 959.28 399.48 59.91 14.89 12.18
    Sudden Storm (tab) 887.18 1677.06 887.18 564.66 0 33.52 14.41 11.84
    Ray of Enfeeblement 450.48 1311.18 39.41 712.43 0 80.18 16.28 12.4
    Steal Time 423.53 1232.48 371.31 369.19 0 43.94 13.53 10.98
    Icy Rays (tab) 772.39 1154.25 63.99 234.5 62.51 0 13.33 7.54
    Entangling Force 327.41 1138.05 84.39 615.04 0 86.11 14.98 10.11
    Sudden Storm 817.36 1037.43 124.55 73.47 0 0 15.13 6.91
    Icy Rays 534.26 874.08 136.96 167.03 0?? 16.73 11.12 7.98
    Chill Strike 397.4 753.46 15.47 238.18 48.35 27.3 13.97 12.79

From above info just for readability:
    Ability Total DPS
    Icy Terrain 2764.86
    Conduit of Ice 2278.11
    Sudden Storm (tab) 1677.06
    Ray of Enfeeblement 1311.18
    Steal Time 1232.48
    Icy Rays (tab) 1154.25
    Entangling Force 1138.05
    Sudden Storm 1037.43
    Icy Rays 874.08
    Chill Strike 753.46
  • abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I can confirm for everyone that the High Vizier set will still apply a 10% debuff per stack on each target of a control spell with a maximum of three stacks. Steal time instantly applies all three stacks, so if you lead your spell rotation with steal time it is a De facto 30% damage buff for you and the entire party. That makes it BiS for group runs and most solo stuff.

There are three exceptions: PvP, parties with multiple CWs, and crazy solo attempts like trying to solo CN. PvP players and people trying to solo dungeons need better survivability and benefit from the glyphs. Since High Vizier stacks don't go above three, if another CW is already using one then yours would be redundant. You and your group would benefit more from a Shadow Weaver set or a Black ice set.

So, in general High Vizier set is BiS. But there are exceptions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xtraordinary91xtraordinary91 Member Posts: 323 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    abaddon523 wrote: »
    I can confirm for everyone that the High Vizier set will still apply a 10% debuff per stack on each target of a control spell with a maximum of three stacks. Steal time instantly applies all three stacks, so if you lead your spell rotation with steal time it is a De facto 30% damage buff for you and the entire party. That makes it BiS for group runs and most solo stuff.

There are three exceptions: PvP, parties with multiple CWs, and crazy solo attempts like trying to solo CN. PvP players and people trying to solo dungeons need better survivability and benefit from the glyphs. Since High Vizier stacks don't go above three, if another CW is already using one then yours would be redundant. You and your group would benefit more from a Shadow Weaver set or a Black ice set.

So, in general High Vizier set is BiS. But there are exceptions.

Ah back in the day when we could stack HV past 3 stacks... Those were the days of some super nice crits.
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
  • smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ah back in the day when we could stack HV past 3 stacks... Those were the days of some super nice crits.

Back in the days, you could have a ridiculous amount of stacks from shadow weaver. It was way stronger than high vizier haha. Especially when two CWs had the set.
  • mthunzumthunzu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm currently rolling 2x Iliyabruan 2x Dread Legion to stack out on power. I have the plaguefire weapon enchant which gives me the defence debuff...Thoughts?
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    For so long, HV had dominated the armor set and has been known the BiS armor since I started this game back in beta. I remember the days when they used to stack with other CWs while it's buff/debuff stacked 3x per CW. Then it got nerfed to no longer stack with others but still stacked to 3x. Now that it doesn't stack with other CWs and now just buffs/debuffs to only 450 defense, I find it only useful when I'm soloing, since it's guaranteed another CW will be using it on a party run. Not only that, the 450 defense buff/debuff doesn't feel that much enticing anymore. Don't get me wrong, it's still a good set with good stat distribution and easiest to build upon. However, to me I feel the new BiS armor set is the Corrupted Black Ice. Yes it has lesser power and recovery stats but once you balance all the stats out, it pays big time. The control bonus works well in this current mod when CWs are forced to trigger procs, not to mention the glyphs that have been introduced. Not only that, it also provide better defense and DR which gives you better survival chance. The only downside is the empowerment feature which isn't that all bad. I have been using the corrupted set for a while now and sometimes I run with other CWs, they are surprised that I am wearing them and equally surprised when they are out damaged by a large margin. Really the key is finding the right balance and min/max the stats that would rival the HV. The control bonus coupled with the glyphs and corrupted power bonus to me is way better than what the current mod4 HV brings, even with my reinforced gloves. The limitations of the corrupted set on stats can be easily remedied by armor kits.

Your thoughts?

It only goes up to 450 instantly when you use Steal Time on enemies and maximum number of mobs it can affect is 5. The Buff/Debuff value is 6 seconds, just enough for the EotS to take the place, for an example.

The 450 Armor reduction is still the most viable option for any CW around and those who don't use it are not really teamplayers. Not only does it reduce 450 armor of the mobs, but when several CWs wear it in the party, the whole things is much easier to go with, allowing far more options which tick around and this goes both MoF-wise and SS-wise.
    BiS is a good armor set, for PvP primarily, because of the constant need to recharge it.

You outdamage others because you're not using the HV set, which means that you're using their buffs and not returning the favor along the line, not to mention that critical strike and arpen practically don't mean as much as the HV+Power combination, and especially with the oppressive force around. Include there the fact that EotS doesn't use Vorpal enchantment at all.

however, HV is still the best CW armor all-around for it gives debuff which the entire party may use for their benefit. For instance, Sentinel GWF with around 9-10k power can easily outdamage mod4 CW SS build thaum damage-wise.

However, I'm with you on the necessary changes and more viable options to choose from both party-wise and PvP-wise, including the 1-1 situations, but I strongly disagree with you that HV's outdated since I've had enough time to check all CW armors around and to find what works best for what party. With HV set it just goes faster and that's a good thing, unless there's a time limit for drops.

Given the Draconic set, Magelord is pretty much useless now and that's the only set which needs improvement. as for the Shadow Weaver, for instance, the set needs some improvements as well and also the same goes for the Dread Legion set.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
    edited November 2014
    That's the thing, I agree with you if it was back in mod 3. Before it clearly stated stacks up to three times. Looking it now on mod 4, it doesn't say it stack anymore and I'm looking at ACT to see if it still does but I clearly do not see it nor see any indication it still does. I may just be looking at the wrong area in ACT. If you can point that to me, that would be great and parse to see if it still does.

Don't use the ACT which is clearly outdated plugin-wise for the MOD4 things. Furthermore, use Steal Time for the buff-debuff prior to any serious damage output. I see that it stacks in-game, and I notice that the damage goes from 16k up to 20k for sudden storm on critical strikes.
    True Neutral
  • kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    mthunzu wrote: »
    I'm currently rolling 2x Iliyabruan 2x Dread Legion to stack out on power. I have the plaguefire weapon enchant which gives me the defence debuff...Thoughts?

Substantially inferior to HV. The plague fire stacks with the HV debuff. I've run 4 piece Illiyanbruen. (it sucked). It's now the transmute skin on my HV. The extra power you're getting for the split set is , what 5% extra damage if your power is low enough. With HV, I see a 30% damage increase for 6 seconds (my whole rotation will just about fit in there: ST, OF, SS, closer of choice: SS while the OF in procing and before the Adds move = Adds dead....). I normally ride up the to the ToD mobs and pop that rotation doing my dailies. OF is mostly a waste (ie OVERKILL), so it's optional.
  • wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Combine that with dodge-cancelling Steal Time and you're in for a permanent 30% debuff on all mobs hit by Steal time. In eLoL that's (mostly) all mobs around.
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ok, guys enough of this silliness -

HV applies the debuff still, up to 30% increased damage (it's not decreased defense in PvE).

Now the real uptime on that might be less, but say 20% - it's still super good.

BI sets have their place - situationally. For example purified is really quite amazing for durability which is good if you are soloing something REALLY HARD. However it's a substantial DPS loss.

SW set - useful if you need the crit, which is the highlight of this set. If you don't need the crit (and most players don't) the HV set is better. Now, the buff here affects the whole team and probaly contributes significantly, but it's not 20% (i don't know how to track in ACT).

Remember you can ADJUST YOUR STATS through jewlery, artifcts and enchants so the set bonus is the most important differentiator here.

Now Corrupted (I don't have full set yet), gives you a little power buff, some of the time. Considering most of us are running around with 6k power (or more), this buff might be 1-2% personal DPS. 20% team DPS >>>>> 2% personal DPS.

Those people who for some idiotic reason think 2+2 is good - you get what? 450 power... ok, so that's less than 3% increase from 0 power. If you already have a lot of power, it's 2% dps increase. so great, 2% PERSONAL DPS or 20% TEAM DPS.

Obviously

20% TEAM >>>>> 2% personal.

Now if we don't consider that really specific archamage/opressor build, it's like this

PvE:

Hv >> SW > Purified > corrupted >> trash >> 2+2 and other sets

People who are using 2+2 in this tread - you are fooling yourselves. It's just plain bad.
    edited November 2014
    I don't think you'll ever be able to convince people that 2 2/4 sets is bad simply because it gives the highest GS out of anything. Some persons seriously thing that GS > all.

Can't fight the stupid, you can just try to contain it.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    With Mod4 I thought you might not be able to hang on to HV for too much longer, because the content would outgrow the old T2 sets and you would have to aim for more survivability instead.

But since you can roll a 12k Power CW with 38k HP in full HV in Mod5 with the new Jewelry...
    edited November 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    With Mod4 I thought you might not be able to hang on to HV for too much longer, because the content would outgrow the old T2 sets and you would have to aim for more survivability instead.

But since you can roll a 12k Power CW with 38k HP in full HV in Mod5 with the new Jewelry...

Survivability isn't too important since you can dodge.
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    smulch wrote: »

This is an optimistic delusion, you are going to get hit more than you think - obviously depending on party and situation.
    edited November 2014
    chemboy613 wrote: »
    People who are using 2+2 in this tread - you are fooling yourselves. It's just plain bad.

Exactly, however they're usually using it to increase their GS, which for me is the prime example of a bad CW at hand who doesn't understand the mechanics behind the play, nor how to properly adjust the input-output.

Topic-wise, SW set is not procing adequately enough and post-MOD3 it's practically useless against the HV set debuff. Imho, even for a MoF it's a bad choice since Crit is practically not important next to the EotS in the team and you probably want to go full debuff. Ofc, it goes from party composition and the agreement is the key of amazing dungeon clearing.

Let's see it like this - a Sentinel GWF with 11k power (watermellon :o ) and "come and get it" with "Indomitable strike" spells, with a debuffed mob of a DC t1 + MoF HV + GF debuff and another SS CW HV (which isn't important for this calculation ;) ) can do 200.000 crit damage and outplay any CW in the team. :rolleyes:

Which is good Since as a CW, and especially with a HV set at hand, you don't quite have the HP to go inside and do Steal Time on each and every mob, even with 2.5k+ def and around 1k LifeSteal. You need someone to mark and take all the mobs on the Icy Terrain (come and get it + trample the fallen) especially after the nerf of the Singularity spell which is just a nostalgic decoration currently.

Now, that's all MOD4 stuff, but it just shows that HV plays a major role as a party component for some amazing damage sentinel GWF-wise. It practically leaves no time nor enough mobs to throw an Oppressive Force (unless it's CN or VT or even MC we're talking about where mobs do have some serious HP).

Even when you go solo, HV is still 30% of the damage you'd normally do with other sets, and that tells a lot for both Thaum or a Renegade and even the oppressor classes. This is not an opinion, this is a calculated and well known fact among the CW players who care about their class...so, if you want to chase the Gear Score all you need is to increase Recovery and HP :rolleyes: Gl with that. Smart players care nothing about someone's GS but, in fact, their skill. Skill's everything here.
    True Neutral
    edited November 2014
    smulch wrote: »

Or put shield on tab, for instance, and stop being arrogant CW player who thinks that, for an example, Life Steal will help them in a situation where Valindra grabs them in a sweet hand. :D

All you might see and hear is

"Help!"

or

"Hilfe!"

So tired of that, honestly. Shield is such a good spell for hard bosses, especially those who have some AoE unavoidable spells. And especially when there's no GF and DC in the party composition.
    True Neutral