test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• pingconcherepingconchere Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Oh. I haven't seen the other two myself. Perhaps they were not meant to be featured, or perhaps they were featured like quests from before the contest. I can only speculate.

I hope everyone enjoys my quest, even if it's a bit odd.
  • dtzdtz Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Maybe they thought your quest was good enough to feature, but took too many liberties to qualify for the contest.
    Rank 8 Foundry Grand Master

Check out my Foundry questline, The Brightstone Explorers' Guild, now archived on Youtube!
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    All of the CotD contest quests stated that they are featured for the contest on their graphic overview.
  • pingconcherepingconchere Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Thank you for the info, eldarth. I checked my quest's featured banner and it was not featured for the CotD contest. It says something like Have Foundry Fun or something.
  • akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2014

Hey everyone, so we've featured all of the eligible quests and have finished the judging (I'm still seeing stars). I'll be starting a "winners' announcement" thread in ~5 minutes. If you find that your quest was not featured it's possible that either:
    -It was not submitted for featuring, which means I am literally unable to feature it with the tools I have. (This was the case for a lot of really great quests :()
    -It was too short.
    -It took too many liberties with the lore. (I tried to be as lenient as I could with this. I know that creativity manifests itself differently in all artists, so I tried to be as open-minded as I could)

Thanks to all who participated!

• kithliskithlis Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited November 2014
  • thrymskvidathrymskvida Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Woah. Just...woah. When I started making my foundry, I didn't even expect it to reach the top ten. Winning the second prize was way beyond my expectations.

Congrats to Sarlacc for getting the first prize!
    Shadow of purple wings: Help the Harpers investigate a wizard suspected to be part of the Cult of the Dragon. - NW-DEYV5SVQ9
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Congrats guys! And it seems Tipa's unofficial stats were close. If that's the case then </sigh> so close...</head-desk>
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • drakkenfeldrakkenfel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 71
    edited November 2014
    Congratz to everyone! Many of us did not earn the top prizes, but we are ALL WINNERS! We earned visibility and learned a lot in the process. I look forward to submitting future missions for Featuring. I also look forward to seeing many new and wonderful Foundry missions from our growing Community of Authors... Well Done Lads and Lasses...
    Paladin.jpg
    @METH_SHADOWSTORM - Foundry author of:
    "The Sunnydale Campaign" - NWS-DKBEJ9OOM
    Episode 1: "Missing Daughters" - NW-DCX9IZBJB
    Episode 2: "A Date With Destiny" - NW-DHYEX5NKR - Featured: NW-DHFLDPWJV
    STO Foundry: "Safari So Good" - ST-HPRP2WFWI
  • waryurwaryur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Shocked.
    I didn't think I had a snowball's chance. I just had a lot of fun building what I was building. Thanks everyone! And congrats to the other winners. I think all of us authors can come away saying we learned a lot and pushed some limits. I am stoked to see what new foundries are going to come out now.

I think a special shoutout needs to go to Tipa and their meticulous spreadsheets, charts, and reviews. They added a depth to the contest that I wasn't expecting, and gave all of us, authors and players, different things to think about and consider. Yay math! Cheers to you, Tipa. :)
    Hidden Valley Ranch - NW-DPNGENL6E D&D Adventures Part I
    House of 1000 Corpses - NW-DIEYVLCML D&D Adventures Part II
    Well of Dragons - NW-DTPJEKZCT Third Place Winner CotD Foundry Contest
    It's Just a Flesh Wound Pt. 1 - NW-DM8GHAME2 Monty Python!
    It's Just a Flesh Wound Pt. 2 - NW-DFADOS4EX Monty Python!
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    waryur wrote: »
    I think a special shoutout needs to go to Tipa and their meticulous spreadsheets, charts, and reviews. They added a depth to the contest that I wasn't expecting, and gave all of us, authors and players, different things to think about and consider. Yay math! Cheers to you, Tipa. :)

Absolutely! Showed me I was pretty much right where I wanted to be story wise, but have much room for increased difficulty.
  • tipadaknifetipadaknife Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Blows me away that my rankings were so close -- and I'd predicted that Waryur's quest was actually going to be third place over The Artifact. And I like the two judge's choices.

Grats to the winners!
    dec2014nwsig.png
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    efinitely a BIG thanks to tipadaknife too for his spreadsheets and rankings, It was nice to have an indea which quests to try and which ones to avoid too XD
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited November 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    efinitely a BIG thanks to tipadaknife too for his spreadsheets and rankings, It was nice to have an indea which quests to try and which ones to avoid too XD

*cough* her....
    dec2014nwsig.png
  • mizeryandcompanymizeryandcompany Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So, I don't know if I missed a post or something, but wasn't everyone who entered supposed to get a companion? "All participants will receive a code for green-level Mystagogue companion!"
    edited December 2014
    Check your private messages?
    dec2014nwsig.png
  • hyperkitty04hyperkitty04 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    akromatik wrote: »

Feel free to discuss the Cult of the Dragon Foundry contest in this thread.

For details:
    http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/neverwinter/detail/6002703

I'm doing the Turtle soup quest and It's telling me to teleport to Xiousing.. where is that? It doesnt show me on the map.. help please..