test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Well of Dragons Adventure Zone

rngwizrngwiz Member Posts: 5 Arc User
Greetings Adventurers!

The Well of Dragons beckons you! This is the second and final part to the Tyranny of Dragons campaign, leading up to an epic conclusion where you will confront the five-headed Dragon Queen, Tiamat!

Overview
The Cult of the Dragon and their Thayan Red Wizard allies have gathered in an ancient dragon graveyard known as the Well of Dragons. They have raised the massive Temple of Tiamat as part of their ritual to summon forth the dragon goddess herself, all the while preparing offerings of treasure and sacrifices to her. Meanwhile, your allies from part one of the Tyranny of Dragons campaign have gathered a small force consisting of several other familiar faces in order to combat this threat. Fans of the Forgotten Realms will be glad to see Elminster at their side, and those who are familiar with Neverwinter Nights may recognize a particularly accident-prone elven cleric named Linu La’neral.

The Well of Dragons can be reached by accepting the quest, "The Return of Tiamat," from Sergeant Knox. This quest becomes available after reaching level 60 and achieving a Gear Score of at least 10,000.
The Well of Dragons consists of several areas and contains many new daily quests:
  • The Thayan Encampment is protected by Red Wizards and their lackeys, including devilish fiends they have summoned from the Nine Hells. You may also find their hidden Thayan Magical Shelter, and discover what mysteries it holds.
  • The Cult of the Dragon has also set up a large camp in the Well of Dragons, where they muster their forces for battle and carry out nefarious plots. Nearby, in the Cult Prison, they hold innocent prisoners they have captured from neighboring lands as they prepare them for sacrifice to their evil goddess.
  • Meanwhile, in the Boneyard, the cultists work with the Thayans to prepare dragon bones to be used in the alchemical creation of nasty drakes. Cult alchemists create these drakes and train them in the underground Drake Pens, preparing to unleash them on the world under Tiamat’s reign.

Work with Elminster Aumar, Linu La’neral, and the returning representatives of the five factions of the Sword Coast, in addition to old faces like Merrisara Winterwhite of the Iliyanbruen elves, and new allies like Sandesyl Morgia, a vampire former member of the Cult of the Dragon. Unlikely heroes and allies unite to face one of the biggest threats Neverwinter has ever known!
Post edited by rngwiz on

Comments

• rngwizrngwiz Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Feedback
    We need feedback to tune the quests in this area to be as fun and rewarding as possible. Below, we provide instructions on how to provide clear and concise feedback. Please follow these instructions, as they will improve our ability to sort and act on your feedback.

Type: Bug/Feedback (Choose only one, and please use bold text)
    Class: (Enter the class that you played as during your testing here, and again, please make this bold)

If you are listing it as a bug, please put your feedback text in RED; if you are listing it as feedback, please use BLUE.

Try to be as concise as you can with your feedback, and if you can include one or two appropriate screenshots with your post, that will be extremely helpful.

Examples:
    Bug: Trickster Rogue

I dodged an ice troll in Daledrop Vale, and got stuck between the wall of a ruined house and the rock face. I couldn't get out: [screenshot]

The quest "Atonement" takes twice as long as any of the other quests. It feels like I have to pick up too many idols.

Special note!
    Adding the location coordinates to your feedback will help us find where issues occur much more quickly. Try using the /loc command to get your in-game location.
  • rngwizrngwiz Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Known Issues:
    • The weekly quest, “Reclaiming the Hoard,” cannot be completed.
    • Some Heroic Encounters may not be cleaning up correctly, leading to other issues completing them.

These issues will be fixed in a future patch.

Notable Changes:
    TBD
  • victorwaynevictorwayne Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    OH MY GOD LINU LA'NERAL

I must see this.
  • truescramblestruescrambles Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I made a thread about Cover of Night. I guess I should have posted it here instead. That HE seems... really counter-intuitive so far.
  • tobixnewtobixnew Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Bug: After the short dungeon cult prism I spawned under the area
    xtjicwx6.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    it seams a bit empty atm can u add some more bones and other arts in it
    i think it needs to have some more wind effects (even sandstorm on some parts)
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This is from the perspective of solo-play. The most fun I've had with Heroic Encounters was during the Siege of Neverwinter, because there was (1) focus and (2) no waiting. When I would enter the siege zone, I knew that if I headed to the one or two HEs then I would find people to join.

In Icewind Dale and now Well of Dragons, there is no focus. When there are 8-10 Heroic Encounters up, there's no way to immediately know where to find others to join. Drop-in co-op play becomes more of a hassle.

Tyranny of Dragons Heroic Encounters have great focus, but the waiting is horrible.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I've got to see Linu. Please make it good!
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Bug: Black Dragonclaw Damage
    [Combat (Self)] Black Dragonclaw deals 31672 (21238) Physical Damage to you with Acidic Stab.

This is a problem as this is insta death to anyone please fix the damage on the low end mobs in HE's
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    mfgamesys wrote: »
    Bug: Black Dragonclaw Damage
    [Combat (Self)] Black Dragonclaw deals 31672 (21238) Physical Damage to you with Acidic Stab.

This is a problem as this is insta death to anyone please fix the damage on the low end mobs in HE's

He deals 21k damage but you were debuffed to take 50% more.
    For high end HE, this kind of damage isn't unheard of. Take IWD, where Deathlock Wights will 1-2 shot you with ranged projectiles.
    Non-HE empowered Black Dragonclaw (which is what you are showing, normal ones don't deal that kind of damage) also tend to hit for 9-13k, so it isn't unreasonable for a HE version to hit for a bit more.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    First of all, I LOVE the place! I wanted to have a desert kind of place in NW a ong while ago, I like it a lot.!
    I like it being much more open, like IWD maps too.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited October 2014

The final boss has too many attack which hit very hard. The hits that did lands on my character were doing north of 20K in damage. I did it with a 14Kgs Trapper HR. I had to be way too much Dodging and using Forest Ghost to recovery from a stray Boss hit and all of the Drake adds. I think it's going to be a bit too hard for lower geared and lesser skilled players.
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Stuck_Map.jpg

There's a hole in the invisible wall near the Scouting Point near where I'm at. It allows one to roam the large section of the map but unable to climb back out. Nice place for a picnic. :o
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If it s really hard please for god sake leave it hard!!
  • mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    nwnghost wrote: »
    He deals 21k damage but you were debuffed to take 50% more.
    For high end HE, this kind of damage isn't unheard of. Take IWD, where Deathlock Wights will 1-2 shot you with ranged projectiles.
    Non-HE empowered Black Dragonclaw (which is what you are showing, normal ones don't deal that kind of damage) also tend to hit for 9-13k, so it isn't unreasonable for a HE version to hit for a bit more.

I was not debuffed. This is the problem as this only a 2-3 man HE how can anyone complete one if they get 2 shot. Also their lvl was still only 61 and not 62. How is that reasonable when I cannot even attempt it these are also the low end mobs how is it they can do more damage than white dragon disciples or green ones on what looks like a regular attack its not telegraphed. Any hit that hurts should be telegraphed this one is not at all it just looks like another regular attack from one.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • philippeletrivphilippeletriv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hi everyone

Bug: Cover the night

doesn't give any reward once finish the bosss is killed and that's all nothing appear
    bring back dungeon now
  • theosymphanytheosymphany Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Liking what I see so far, but the bone golems in this map (esp in HEs) have way too many interrupt attacks which are often chained, like 4/5 attacks interrupt you. This it makes very difficult to use your rotations effectively and punishes classes with a lower DPS output.
    (FYI I was DC, Righteous (DPS) path with decent gear/stats. The reliance on having to stop and build divinity/ and casting encounters and spamming at wills made this fight particularly annoying and long.)
    Kaelac Symphony LaggyGamerz Community
    Guild and guide info

Module 4 Comprehensive DC guide |Module 4 MoF CW Handbook |New! Scourge Warlock Guide| NW Numbers and Mechanics guide |Crit, Power and DPS guide | Dungeon Delving guide and more
  • nordveignordveig Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    How do you get to try this out? Wow Linu La'neral is in this?
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    World design as always is well done, I like the place a lot. It feels slightly recycled from Mod 2, maybe because of the Thayans, maybe because of the music or the zone or whatever, but that's actually a plus for me, because Mods 1 and 2 were my favorites.

Also going back to the more traditional campaign model for 60s is an infinite plus. We'll finally be able to buy campaign boosters and stockpile quests which makes work with ALTs that much easier. Gone are the days in which you had to wait for Dragon HEs to complete the dailies and the campaign. We have been heard and I deeply thank you!
    Most 60s will probably complete the campaign through the Well of Dragons now and free the original adventure zones for the lowbies, which is another thing I like.

Bug: Quest: Reclaiming the Hoard
    I can't seems to find any Hoard Coffers. They don't drop from enemies.
  • valencayvalencay Member Posts: 431 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I have a question, we should be able to unlock tiamat within the next 10 days but is the raid ready to be tested? If not i would like to know so that i don't rush to get there
    Aset Xharran, Oppressor CW
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Also, maybe some people don't care about this, but many others do, the area needs its own music, not the same from the dread ring. Also with last module we didn't get much new music, considering most of it was old zones with new areas.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    Also, maybe some people don't care about this, but many others do, the area needs its own music, not the same from the dread ring. Also with last module we didn't get much new music, considering most of it was old zones with new areas.

agreed

pls give well of dragons its own soundtrack
    edited October 2014
    Possible bug: 'Acid/Spit' attacks debuff stacks too highly

This is regarding Black Dragonclaw Acid attacks on preview, and I believe the same issue appleis to and Assassin Drake acid attacks also. They aren't a problem in solo content, but they seem to be notorous in Heroic Encounters in Dragon Well (and currently in epic Lostmauth) in putting huge debuffs on the player.

From what I have observed with ACT parse the attack makes the player take more damage from all sources over the duration. That's fine, but when these attack stack (often from multiple sources) they hugely increase the damage taken by the player.

For example, I generally have about 50% DR, so incoming damage has 50% effectiveness. When attacked by a pack of Black Dragonclaws/assasin drakes in particular, this immediately goes up to 150% effectiveness. On the live shard 300 or even 500+% effectiveness have been observed. This turn a normal regular hit into something much more lethal and makes a joke of the damage resistance stat.

My proposals:
    Either put a max debuff amount (eg 150% effectiveness) or limit the number of stacks that can be applied at once (eg up to 3 from all sources). Currently the stacking does something strange with the numbers.

Also, not all Heroic Encounters seem to spawn/despawn mobs correctly, but I'm guessing they are incomplete at the moment.
    Guild and guide info

Module 4 Comprehensive DC guide |Module 4 MoF CW Handbook |New! Scourge Warlock Guide| NW Numbers and Mechanics guide |Crit, Power and DPS guide | Dungeon Delving guide and more
    edited October 2014

Makes the quests far too annoying rather than enjoyable. Having to spend more than half an hour for a daily quest is not acceptable.

Lesson in Infiltration- collecting 15 cloaks is really high, especially when more that a few players are looking for cloaks. Not enough wizards to get them, and not every kill drops one. Description says you can collect these at campsites but I have not found one around, even if I can see others doing it.
    Suggestion: 5 cloaks and/or have stashes at camps that everyone can interact with

Likewise killing 12 torturers- there's plenty of them, but not when every player wants to kill 12. Suggestion: 6 torturers

Fetch quest- People can ninja each other's objectives. Sometimes bones are hidden after you dug it out and the wolf won't interact with it.
    Guild and guide info

• mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Likewise killing 12 torturers- there's plenty of them, but not when every player wants to kill 12. Suggestion: 6 torturers

^This. Even when there are no players around, it takes a while to kill those torturers. They're also surrounded with mobs so it's actually kill 12 mob packs rather then kill 12 torturers.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • abecassisabecassis Member Posts: 255 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Over all good zone.
    The dailies take waaay too long. I can just imagine with more players around. I doubt i will even do them if it goes live like this. Shorten the time needed to finish this and i think it will be fine.
    Dr. Phil
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The daily "Fetch Quest" from Merrisara Winterwhite is horrible. The spirit dog can be outrun by glaciers and has terrible pathing. Give players a magic whistle to summon the spirit dog to their location.

Bug: Fetch Quest
    When you finally find a spot to dig, if you get interrupted, the node breaks. You don't get the bone, and you can't interact with the spot anymore.

The daily "A Lesson in Infiltration" requires too many Thayan Wizard costumes. It currently requires 15. The searchable bags are so rare and respawn so slowly that I finished the quest with 4 found costumes, and 11 from killing wizards. Killing 11 wizard packs is tedious and the packs also respawn slowly.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • vasiliy33334vasiliy33334 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    For Staff: Please update Lurker server for RU community! We also want to test m5 before launch, PLEASE.
  • thirdquestionthirdquestion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 96
    edited October 2014
    For Staff: Please update Lurker server for RU community! We also want to test m5 before launch, PLEASE.

And many ppls still waiting new pvp content...
  • ikapamkikapamk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 294 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Excellent zone and, actually, it's rather beautiful. You did an excellent job with the scenery.

Layout: works very well. Single map with quest origins at the hub, not entrance, makes it easy to maneuver.

Overall, I think you've finally found a good balance between random encounters and HEs. It's a good hybrid of DR and IWD
    Carpe Jugulum
    Sharra Del'Armgo - SW Trapper Hybrid HR
    Ogghra Bar'Ghuzumn - MI Scoundrel TR
    Vænna Thrymskjöldr - IV Protector GF
This discussion has been closed.