test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Double Stone Weekend

jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
edited October 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey folks, just a question for thems that might know a bit more one this:
Do the Refining Stones that drop from the Dragon Hoard Enchant not count towards this?
Because I don't seem to be getting twice the stuff from my Hoard drops.
Anyone else seeing the same?

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
Post edited by jorifice1 on

Comments

• lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hoard and Fey Enchant drops DO NOT count in the event.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Well, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!
    Thanks for the info.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Fey blessing is dropping 2 enchantments instead of 1. I have tested this.

Hoard drops refinement stones, not runestones or enchantments so they don't count for this event
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Regular enchantment drops are very nice , I'm getting 4, 5 ,6 or even more instead of one , the event has turned out a lot better than I imagined xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Regular enchantment drops are very nice , I'm getting 4, 5 ,6 or even more instead of one , the event has turned out a lot better than I imagined xD

Emergency Maintenance in ...3..2.1

• ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited October 2014

WHy the hell not? WHat else drops refining stones in game? Really. lol

At the risk of sounding like I am looking a gift horse in the mouth....typical
  • nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well in Sharandar i got x4 enchants while having 3x lesser dragon hoard. Heard that a lot but idk what to make of it...
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's double runes and enchants, not double peridots. There was never any reason to believe that dragon hoard drops would be affected by this event because they're the wrong type of item. Fey blessings were at least reasonably in question.

Wearing hoard enchants doesn't mean you're *not* going to get double enchants from nodes and normal drops, only that you're not *also* getting two things per enchant proc. It's freaking simple.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited October 2014
    Wearing hoard enchants doesn't mean you're *not* going to get double enchants from nodes and normal drops, only that you're not *also* getting two things per enchant proc. It's freaking simple.

no its not because you actually can get x4 instead of x2 enchants compared to without dragon hoard (which is weird).
    The reason behind it it may be quite complicated (programming - wise)
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »

Yeah, I'm certainly not gonna complain about it. Every regular rune/enchant drop I've seen so far has been at least 4 enchants.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
    edited October 2014
    Are you wearing dragon hoards too? This is interesting. Maybe not intended, but I wonder if it's something they'd bother fixing for a relatively short event.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• thenakedbananathenakedbanana Member Posts: 86
    edited October 2014
    nurmood wrote: »
    Well in Sharandar i got x4 enchants while having 3x lesser dragon hoard. Heard that a lot but idk what to make of it...

-facepalm- Dragon Hoard Enchantments DO NOT increase, decrease or have any effect on runestones and enchantment drops.
    It does however give you a chance to get one of the following between its cooldowns;
    Black Opal
    Flawless Sapphire
    Aquamarine
    Lesser Resonance Stone
    Minor Resonance Stone
    Peridot
    White Pearl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Censorship is the suppression of speech, public communication
    or other information which may be considered objectionable.
    A Tool used by those with power to stay in power.
    I object to your objection
    edited October 2014
    Are you wearing dragon hoards too? This is interesting. Maybe not intended, but I wonder if it's something they'd bother fixing for a relatively short event.

Yes, though I have no idea why that would affect runes/enchants. I figured everyone was getting x4 instead of x2.
    edited October 2014
    -facepalm- Dragon Hoard Enchantments DO NOT increase, decrease or have any effect on runestones and enchantment drops.

Relax man - read closely
    runebane wrote: »
    Yes, though I have no idea why that would affect runes/enchants. I figured everyone was getting x4 instead of x2.

it is not that i or we dont know what dragon hoards do - we know exactly what they do and thats why we think our findings are weird.
  • thenakedbananathenakedbanana Member Posts: 86
    edited October 2014
    Relax man - read closely
    it is not that i or we dont know what dragon hoards do - we know exactly what they do and thats why we think our findings are weird.

It has no effect, I am relaxed and dude I'm not a man.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Censorship is the suppression of speech, public communication
    or other information which may be considered objectionable.
    A Tool used by those with power to stay in power.
    I object to your objection
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Can you get double enchants from the various leadership chests/barrels?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited October 2014

They really seem to have no affect at all. I just pulled mine out for a few minutes to be sure. Still getting at least 4 enchants/runes at a time without them. I really think Cryptic just uses a different definition than double than the rest of us.

I will say its making stuff 'intersting. I mean I just got 12 rank4s for placing silver in a contest (probably 4x what I would have gotten). And another 12 from a profession node.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hmm, I am only getting two enchants from Fey Blessings or Dragon HE rewards, and around 6 in a skill node -- so I'm only getting double. Not sure why some people are getting 4 at a time.
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Alright then, where's the best area to find piles of L3-5 enchants?
    (btw, I seem to be getting 4 or so random enchants from drops and kits. Mostly L3.)
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
    edited October 2014
    Hmm, I am only getting two enchants from Fey Blessings or Dragon HE rewards, and around 6 in a skill node -- so I'm only getting double. Not sure why some people are getting 4 at a time.

Tried the rothe Dragon on a character, he got 2 enchants. A draconic and a black ice. :( Anyway, went to Sharandar and the first group of redcaps I killed dropped four rank4s. *And now twelve rank3s from his first profession node.* So idk, maybe it just depends on where you are killing/gathering stuff.
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited October 2014
    Getting 4 or 6 Enchantments just means you would be getting 2 or 3 enchants normally. Nothing out of the ordinary.
    edited October 2014
    lordfuzun wrote: »
    Getting 4 or 6 Enchantments just means you would be getting 2 or 3 enchants normally. Nothing out of the ordinary.

No. In all my playing since the event kicked I never once got 2 enchants/runes from a mob drop. And have not gotten 6 either. It was always in multiples of 4. 4/8/12 The only time I've gotten 2 so far was from HEs (Dragons & IWD). They must have done something funky with the drop rates. Because it looks like for drops and nodes the x2 is actually x4.
    edited October 2014
    It was almost like someone did x2x2 drops on most active gameplay sources: nodes, monster drops, contest wins. Eg. winning the quickling event would usually give you 5 random rank 4s. This weekend it was 20.

SCA refinement bags, wondrous coffers, and leadership boxes were paying out double. Fey Blessing drops, heroic encounter drops, Need for Mead rewards, and ToD campaign "assist the" tasks were double. I assume that the few storyline quests that award enchants were also doubled, though I didn't play any of these this weekend.

There was no correlation to having dragon hoard enchants slotted (and since those are refining stone drops, should not have doubled and were not). My characters without them got x4 enchants everywhere that ones with them did.

I need pres wards to go on sale.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    It was almost like someone did x2x2 drops on most active gameplay sources: nodes, monster drops, contest wins. Eg. winning the quickling event would usually give you 5 random rank 4s. This weekend it was 20.

It was a little nuts. While doing ToD dailies, my 30 slotter that I keep free for drops filled up repeatedly so I had to trot back to PE to empty them into mail/relog to my DC to pour them into an artifact/etc.

It's a great idea for an event, but MOTHER OF BOB, it highlights how badly the refinement interface needs an overhaul. When you have loads of stacks of piffly little enchants, you get severe RSI trying to actually make use of them!
  • leandreav1leandreav1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    It was a little nuts. While doing ToD dailies, my 30 slotter that I keep free for drops filled up repeatedly so I had to trot back to PE to empty them into mail/relog to my DC to pour them into an artifact/etc.

It's a great idea for an event, but MOTHER OF BOB, it highlights how badly the refinement interface needs an overhaul. When you have loads of stacks of piffly little enchants, you get severe RSI trying to actually make use of them!

Badly implemented? Not from Cryptic's point of view. Has no one wondered why new players are given the poisoned gift of character bound scrolls/potions/altars that do not stack with regular ones thus taking twice the room, why there are so many effing different enchanting stones (not enchants) and ten or twelve enchants that do not stack and even come with four ranks? Added to this only two bags and no profession that crafts and twelve miserable slots in a bank?

Do not believe this to be random. It was planned. Buy moar inventory slots!