test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why no PvP maps?

hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
During last weeks streaming the dev said that no PvP maps where planned to be released anytime soon. Nothing planned in the short term. This has made a large part of the PvP community furious.

I want to discuss how its possible to misjudge the PvP community so much as the devs are doing. Open beta started in April 2013 (?). Now its almost November 2014. Over one and a half year has passed and we are still playing the two original PvP maps.

WHY? A PvP map is not very complex to create. Not compared to a dungeon or a PvE campaign. We seen several events being released over the time that by the looks of it, had more time invested into them than a PvP map would require. Why is more time invested in a few events that covers a few days a year over maps that would be used every single day all year long?

I cant understand how its possible to not have the time to create a few more PvP maps and if you know you don't have the time, why not go for plan B? Let the community create the PvP maps in foundries like we have been asking for a year now.

What is the problem? I cant in my life figure it out, it makes no sense at all why there haven't been new PvP maps during this time.
ZengiaH@ejziponken
Post edited by hfgtfsdfs on

Comments

• isuuck2isuuck2 Member Posts: 491 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    The problem is that they think they can still milk us for so much money and not give us something this simple. I am one of those people that boyscott their zen store until they give more maps, a forfeit option, and better queuing system or lobby based pvp.
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    mod6 is about valindra/thay again (according to an interview) so yeah no major pvp patch after tiamat :D
  • ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I for one am not a fan of PvP. But they're part of our playerbase. If you have more information Koal, please share it. Why do you think there is new stuff coming for PvP with mod 6?
  • osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    isuuck2 wrote: »
    The problem is that they think they can still milk us for so much money and not give us something this simple. I am one of those people that boyscott their zen store until they give more maps, a forfeit option, and better queuing system or lobby based pvp.

Absolutly this!
    I will also not put any real money into this game until they change their focus.
    It has become pathetic, really. And so obvious. More pvp wouldnt pull more new players into the game. They focus on releasing stuff to pull new players in who are actually fallen into the trap to spend money.

In the last six months i have come to believe, that devs dont care about long term players AT ALL. Look at the bugged, unbalanced endcontent. The pathetic content of pvp. The shady promotions (dragonborn pack promo; armored polar bear promo … and so on)
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Obvious things are obvious: PVP community is too small too warrant new maps.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    During last weeks streaming the dev said that no PvP maps where planned to be released anytime soon. Nothing planned in the short term. This has made a large part of the PvP community furious.

I want to discuss how its possible to misjudge the PvP community so much as the devs are doing. Open beta started in April 2013 (?). Now its almost November 2014. Over one and a half year has passed and we are still playing the two original PvP maps.

WHY? A PvP map is not very complex to create. Not compared to a dungeon or a PvE campaign. We seen several events being released over the time that by the looks of it, had more time invested into them than a PvP map would require. Why is more time invested in a few events that covers a few days a year over maps that would be used every single day all year long?

I cant understand how its possible to not have the time to create a few more PvP maps and if you know you don't have the time, why not go for plan B? Let the community create the PvP maps in foundries like we have been asking for a year now.

What is the problem? I cant in my life figure it out, it makes no sense at all why there haven't been new PvP maps during this time.
    come on be serious. I spotted a while ago some pvp maps on the polish forum.
    so they had new maps since beta!
    they had the icewind dale pvp map already ready !

few maps may be be simple to create or may be not.
    some maps can show even more class imbalances.
    new pvp maps are simply not required!
    i would understand new maps with new pvp game-modes.
    i would understand allowing 100% pvp maps creation with foundry tools and let the players joining that foundry with rooms artificially creating a working matchmaking.
    i cannot understand few new maps for the sake of few new maps.
    stuffs get old pretty easily, 2 maps more will not change the thing.
  • hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    loboguild wrote: »

Well no wonder its small when it get no attention. How would you expect a community to grow when there is no new content to play?
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • abecassisabecassis Member Posts: 255 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    isuuck2 wrote: »

Pretty much this.

I use to buy loads of ZEN. But now i go nowhere near it. Everything they put in the game is just a big AD sink.. After mod3 i have not bought ZEN and i regret my decisions doing it previously

t2 sets from beta are still BiS from PvE. Only new stuff coming is stuff you have to sink so much AD into you will never never ever never do it playing this game normally.

How about giving some legendary drops from the raid? That we dont have to refine? So players actually work for their stuff, instead of pay for their stuf....
    Dr. Phil
  • thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Absolutly this!
    I will also not put any real money into this game until they change their focus.
    It has become pathetic, really. And so obvious. More pvp wouldnt pull more new players into the game. They focus on releasing stuff to pull new players in who are actually fallen into the trap to spend money.

In the last six months i have come to believe, that devs dont care about long term players AT ALL. Look at the bugged, unbalanced endcontent. The pathetic content of pvp. The shady promotions (dragonborn pack promo; armored polar bear promo … and so on)

Absolutely agree on this. All main things are listed. I feel like skipping mod 5 entirely is best idea at the moment.
    I was buying zen from since time of dragonborn package. and some promotions in mod 4. Was just a big waste of AD. And now with constant rebalancing or better say unbalancing of classes while still 2 maps? no thank you Im done with cryptic.
  • abecassisabecassis Member Posts: 255 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Mod4 was not really a mod. it was a big big AD sink, a money sink. And it looks like the same thing happening to mod5.

I really wonder how much money they make, and they cant even make some content for us? a pvp map, a pvp mode, arena, whatever. just SOMETHING.

Why should we support the game when every time we put money into it, it is all for nothing in less then one month. No matter how much we put in it.
    Dr. Phil
  • hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Double post
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    Well no wonder its small when it get no attention. How would you expect a community to grow when there is no new content to play?

Yes it's not the players fault, but at this point I'd like to see a true competitive system (not the leaderboard pseudo <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>) for premades and single players and see where we can go from there.
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    we want to see a LINE between low gs players and bigger gs players , we want more maps, and a better leaderboard.
    we want and we want and always want until we are a little more satisfied.
    a new map with 2-3 lanes would be better instead of 1 lane !! that is boring and not competitive.
  • gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    loboguild wrote: »

Sure thing... then explain why they spend so much time balancing classes against each other for PVP.
    Half the changes in each patch are class balances for PVP..so they obviously think PVP warrants some attention.
    Obvious things are obvious. You are obviously wrong...especially since the PVP crowd are the biggest spenders in the game.

Why don't they have more than two maps? Because then people wouldn't play IWD pvp anymore maybe? IDK...but it sure as heck isn't a lack of money getting spent.
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Sure thing... then explain why they spend so much time balancing classes against each other for PVP.
    Half the changes in each patch are class balances for PVP..so they obviously think PVP warrants some attention.
    Obvious things are obvious. You are obviously wrong...especially since the PVP crowd are the biggest spenders in the game.

Why don't they have more than two maps? Because then people wouldn't play IWD pvp anymore maybe? IDK...but it sure as heck isn't a lack of money getting spent.

they can remodel the actual pvp maps. someth more d&d alike.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I can't understand them. They release extremely powerful items to make players dozens, hundreds times stronger, but they haven't made any more difficult PvE content since open beta. If this game had more PvP content (maps, modes, tourneys, seasons, guild competition), the power creep would be justified, because stronger players mean harder content (you become stronger->opponents become stronger as well->you have to become stronger to fight them->opponents have to become stronger in turn etc.).

What we have now - more power, but no more PvP content; more PvE content, but no more challenge. In my opinion (absolutely my own), the only thing that may save this game from dying is shifting focus from making casual content+power creep to making PvP content+power creep.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    I can't understand them. They release extremely powerful items to make players dozens, hundreds times stronger, but they haven't made any more difficult PvE content since open beta. If this game had more PvP content (maps, modes, tourneys, seasons, guild competition), the power creep would be justified, because stronger players mean harder content (you become stronger->opponents become stronger as well->you have to become stronger to fight them->opponents have to become stronger in turn etc.).

What we have now - more power, but no more PvP content; more PvE content, but no more challenge. In my opinion (absolutely my own), the only thing that may save this game from dying is shifting focus from making casual content+power creep to making PvP content+power creep.

This is the single biggest problem in the game as it is right now.
    Massive RP grinds to upgrade equipment to run low level dungeons makes no sense.
    Most people who have the legendary stuff all orange are PVP players...if you want to add even more of a RP grind for these players you have to give them content to use it.
  • ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Please for the love of the gods and the sake of the game, give us new PVP maps/areas. It would be so simple, you could even leave it to the community to create via foundry tools you could incorporate. Please, please listen to this. I mean a couple new maps, a free for all, a fully supported OW PVP map with motivation to go there, something, anything PLEASE!
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• docj0rdocj0r Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    People say the the pvp community is too small for new content.. total BS. I'd like to bet that the PVP community pays the most to this company due to the mad arms race that PVP has, everyone wants max gear.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    docj0r wrote: »
    People say the the pvp community is too small for new content.. total BS. I'd like to bet that the PVP community pays the most to this company due to the mad arms race that PVP has, everyone wants max gear.

The pvp community comprises majority of the hardcore base.
  • isuuck2isuuck2 Member Posts: 491 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    What is also funny is that the pvp community are the ones that spend the most money in the game. lol do you need to max out your character for pve? NO. What gives a game most of it's replay value is pvp. You max out your character to fight other players for fun or bragging rights. The pvers farm their gear and most are happy with mediocre items. pvpers are not, they don't want gear to be a reason they lose a fight. I know because that's the way i am. If you inspect a lot of people that are maxed out you will find out that most of them are pvpers. it is the pvpers that stream or create youtube videos to get their contents out there. I don't understand why they are trying to make pvp so boring.
  • dersidiusdersidius Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    +1 To this thread.

God Forbid Cryptic ever decided they wanted to make money, because this is definitely the way to do it

DERSIDIUS
    ABSLOLUTE 16px-Cross_within_circle_2.svg.png RANK SEVEN
    edited October 2014
    At the very least, if they delete some dailies and heroic encounters planned and put those efforts into new pvp maps and modes, I think that would make for a much much better module.
  • flabadouflabadou Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    +1 to isuuck2 !!!

Bored to death to see wizard of the coast giving AD&D rules without any obligation !!
    This way, they killed interest players will have in a game support bye wizard of the coast::
    Now a lot of players will say " omg that game is support by Wizard of the coast , i will never play it " xD
  • tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    flabadou wrote: »
    +1 to isuuck2 !!!

Bored to death to see wizard of the coast giving AD&D rules without any obligation !!
    This way, they killed interest players will have in a game support bye wizard of the coast::
    Now a lot of players will say " omg that game is support by Wizard of the coast , i will never play it " xD

Well, D&D was never about PvP to begin with, so this game is following that correctly. Personally I do not want them to waste time on new PvP content to the detriment of PvE.
    edited November 2014
    tickdoff wrote: »
    Well, D&D was never about PvP to begin with, so this game is following that correctly. Personally I do not want them to waste time on new PvP content to the detriment of PvE.

Well if we are getting useless dailies and unchallenging heroic encounters, might as well make PVP maps and modes.

Now if they were making challenging but equally rewarding dungeons, an actual raid (not this Tiamat heroic encounter), unique and fun world bosses etc, they should stick with that.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I m sure we will get something mod 6
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    morenthar wrote: »
    If PvP in this game got its props it would be flooded with more PvPers. The combat is smooth as silk.

Honestly this game could be a CASH COW if they ever actually spent quality time on PVP.

Scratch that, they dont need to spend any time on it, as they could EASILY open up foundry pvp, create a "contest" to make the "best" maps, every month the two best maps get put into the rotation for domination. within 3 months youll have 8 domination maps. Mod 6: Introduce new PVP type: Death Match. Roll out two base maps, create foundry contest, rinse repeat.

The ONLY thing you need to actually do is tweak matchmaking and leaderboard ELO <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> where you LOSE ranks if you win. I also firmly believe that each module should have a leaderboard WIPE/RESET as its a new "season".

Lifetime stats can remain, but leaderboards should be module long season.

If Cryptic actually gave us the above.... OMG would this game be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 10000% guarantee youd see population double within a few months from the massive popularity in the PVP MMO community.

Honestly there is nothing out there like NW, until freaking Skyforge comes out and will absolutely KILL this game.... Unless they make changes NOW.

The MOST popular this game EVER was was when PVP and Streaming were at its PEAK. I remember scowering Youtube for PVP videos and CN videos to figure out how to play CN, how to build my character, who was the best PVPers... Now I barely even log in because Match making sucks, PVP maps are far too boring and leaderboards mean less than <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Gear is all "zen to win" meaning buy zen, buy RP and done. NO farming. I mean with the gear/progression of the game you might as well go play freaking DOTA.

If they actually made PVP good, make gear something to FARM, this game would RISE!!!!!!!
    edited November 2014
    I think foundry PVP maps is a good and cheap method to embrace 2 largely neglected fanbases: PVP players and foundry creators.

It would also be another feature they can tout as exclusive to neverwinter.
  • thirdquestionthirdquestion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 96
    edited November 2014
    we need maps - 1x1 , 3x3 , class pvp 1x1 , and INTERNATIONAL PVP SEVER VS SERVER!:D