Install Arc

Why no PvP maps?

2»

Comments

• rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    snip

People actually streamed this game? Whoa never knew. MMOs seem on a down trend for streaming.

And Skyforge will be partially developed/made by the Allods online team. Depending on their publisher, itll turn out just like this game or very much like Allods online; which PVP and Top guild raiding is very dependent on the term we arent allowed to say but starts with a P ends with a win. (or make sure you start during open beta, play/farm 24/7 then ull be f2p competitive but also have a 2nd job). Looks cool though, but id put money it turns into a cash grab max.

Just to give you an idea of Allods online, and why I reference it quite often as the game I hope no publisher/developer ever monetizes an a similar fashion.

AO has these things called Runes, you slot them into your character sheet. They give a offensive or defensive % bonus depending in which slotted. They are very similar to Enchants (dark/radiant) but every MMORPG has a enchanting/upgrading system like this. AO goes crazy on the pricing, this was as of Sept 1st 2014. (They also have lots of things in lockboxes that are purely the win type, like mythical trinkets, extra mythical earring slots, legendary mounts that shoot rockets and can kill parties without even dismounting, its the epitome of ptoowon. Its why Im typically very anxious and annoyed to see what things they add to lockboxes in this game)
    6 level 13 runes:
    In gold: 98,054,171.6502
    In USD: $20,353.68
    In EURO: €14,856.72

Max runes you can have is 13. I think I finished my runes at full set of 8s + one 9.

Yah game devs/publishers if you want to bank on whales and PVP hardcore pay types, maybe; but typically not fun nor balanced for anyone else.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • thirdquestionthirdquestion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 96
    edited November 2014
    Maybe the developers will notice this thread =)
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Snip

Yeah, open beta was CRAZY, so many people streamed this game it was hands down THE most popular game I saw hit the market. Players came from ALL over, WoW, PoE, D3 etc to play Neverwinter because it offered very clean, simple HUD/Combat mechanics and INITIALLY had alot going for it.

T1/T2 dungeons with a capstone of CN for BIS weapons.
    PVP armor that was good enough to "get you into high end pvp"

Enchant system was enthralling how you continue to upgrade enchants and put them into new gear, weapon/armor enchants ETC....

PVP was new/exciting players who were knowledgeable really had the most power because knowing how to counter classes was everything.

Then people learned about Tenebrous enchants which were basically THE definition of 'Jaytowan' otherwise known on the forums as "convenience"... Only came from lockboxes. Dealt UNMITIGATABLE damage...

basically the PVP community split between HAVEs and HAVE-NOTs. The most hardcore PVPers HARDCORE farmed all the PVE content to have BIS gear. SO much streaming/premades etc...

Then module after module, NO new "capstone" dungeons. The Best Gear was NOT "earned" via difficult dungeon drops. The PVP Community lost ALOT of good members, no new maps. Premades became stale since its the same "<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" different day....

I do think that Doing a Foundry PVP event would bring life back to this game. DEVs SPECIFICALLY said they do NOT want Foundry PVP because it will "divide the PVP community".

So my response? Ok, Only Allow Foundry PVP during Foundry Hour..... DONE.

Foundry hour is the LAMEST hour anyways... PVP hour and GG, players will do those events. Foundry hour? Let us FOUNDRY PVP!

Most popular maps become inserted into the Domination Playlist. DONE and DONE.

New maps, GOOD maps, creative FUN! Heck I would spend HOURS and HOURS making a Foundry map. To probably only play it once....
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I agree though much could be done for pvp. Which would then hopefully get people not playing interested. I just dont remember much streaming of it. Maybe I just wasnt on twitch as much.

Only person I remember who made lots of videos was Snow the GWF.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • docj0rdocj0r Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    Honestly this game could be a CASH COW if they ever actually spent quality time on PVP.

Scratch that, they dont need to spend any time on it, as they could EASILY open up foundry pvp, create a "contest" to make the "best" maps, every month the two best maps get put into the rotation for domination. within 3 months youll have 8 domination maps. Mod 6: Introduce new PVP type: Death Match. Roll out two base maps, create foundry contest, rinse repeat.

The ONLY thing you need to actually do is tweak matchmaking and leaderboard ELO <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> where you LOSE ranks if you win. I also firmly believe that each module should have a leaderboard WIPE/RESET as its a new "season".

Lifetime stats can remain, but leaderboards should be module long season.

If Cryptic actually gave us the above.... OMG would this game be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 10000% guarantee youd see population double within a few months from the massive popularity in the PVP MMO community.

Honestly there is nothing out there like NW, until freaking Skyforge comes out and will absolutely KILL this game.... Unless they make changes NOW.

The MOST popular this game EVER was was when PVP and Streaming were at its PEAK. I remember scowering Youtube for PVP videos and CN videos to figure out how to play CN, how to build my character, who was the best PVPers... Now I barely even log in because Match making sucks, PVP maps are far too boring and leaderboards mean less than <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Gear is all "zen to win" meaning buy zen, buy RP and done. NO farming. I mean with the gear/progression of the game you might as well go play freaking DOTA.

If they actually made PVP good, make gear something to FARM, this game would RISE!!!!!!!

Simply an amazing idea, I would be overjoyed, and neverwinter would probably become my main game if they did this. Reminds me of the quake days where some of the most popular maps were made by the community.

PWE / Cryptic / Whoever really need to listen to this advice, foundry + pvp would make for an amazing boost to happiness in this game.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    This thread is just blooming with great ideas.

Hope mod 6 reflects some of it
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Need... moar... pvp... content... /emote zombiedance
  • cryptfoundationcryptfoundation Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    tickdoff wrote: »
    Well, D&D was never about PvP to begin with, so this game is following that correctly. Personally I do not want them to waste time on new PvP content to the detriment of PvE.

Aww that's cute :o you think that making new PvP content will make PvE any easier.... Lets be honest, PvErs don't need legendaries to solo the content, the devs will realize sooner or later that all of their money is coming from the PvP players. PvE content can't get any easier. They haven't done anything to PvP since Open Beta and PvE didn't improve at all. PvP is not holding PvE back! In fact maybe if they introduce more PvP conent they'll get more $ leading to more exciting dungeons etc
  • froszztfroszzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    I don't even PvP since a month back. Matchmaking that actually seems to try and find the worst possible match-up every time you queue. Glyphs and overall lack of class balance. A PvP player base that is shrinking by the minute making you fight the same people all day every day. And of course, 18 months in and still just 2 maps and 1 mode.

I also have no clue why they have not added more maps over this past year. All they need to do is take some textures from an old area and slap a few nodes on it.

Matchmaking overhaul, a new mode and some new maps and the PvP community, even though lack of balance, would flourish.

They keep ignoring what their players want, and eventually the game will die, and no one will still have a clue what the devs were thinking.

It's like none of them read the forums or talk to someone who reads the forums. I get that devs can make mistakes, but when those mistakes are pointed out by everyone and they still don't fix it?

Ehh. Sure they are making money still, but they could make so much more with no extra effort if they just read the feedback and acted accordingly. zzzzz
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    froszzt wrote: »
    I don't even PvP since a month back. Matchmaking that actually seems to try and find the worst possible match-up every time you queue. Glyphs and overall lack of class balance. A PvP player base that is shrinking by the minute making you fight the same people all day every day. And of course, 18 months in and still just 2 maps and 1 mode.

I also have no clue why they have not added more maps over this past year. All they need to do is take some textures from an old area and slap a few nodes on it.

Matchmaking overhaul, a new mode and some new maps and the PvP community, even though lack of balance, would flourish.

They keep ignoring what their players want, and eventually the game will die, and no one will still have a clue what the devs were thinking.

It's like none of them read the forums or talk to someone who reads the forums. I get that devs can make mistakes, but when those mistakes are pointed out by everyone and they still don't fix it?

Ehh. Sure they are making money still, but they could make so much more with no extra effort if they just read the feedback and acted accordingly. zzzzz

Yup. It blows my mind. I know so many players who have quit the game in the last month, I, myself, havnt even logged and am just waiting for the day to see some patch notes that actually bring something interesting to the game.

It still can be good, thats the sad part.... But with each patch, week, module that is passing the chances are dimmer and dimmer.

What they need to do is currently REMOVE the "matchmaking" thats in place and put us back to pre-matchmaking. Atleast then honestly youll probably find better matches since the current system is BEYOND flawed.

Reset the leaderboards (heck even keep ELO if you want) for the new module but REMOVE matchmaking. Just let it throw everyone together at random.

Then seriously release EITHER/BOTH:
    1) NEW PVP MAPS
    2) ENABLE FOUNDRY PVP.

HOpefully that would be enough to bring players back to the game, THEN you can re-instigate matchmaking again.

Oh and another reason people quit pvp: Because its all about gear.

Gear makes a MASSIVE difference (more than it used to). How do you get this gear? Oh, you just pay for it... You dont even need to PLAY the game.

Buy exp boosters, level to 60 in < 10 hours.
    Buy module 1 and module 2 completion.
    Buy artifacts and artifact gear + RP to level them all.

BOOM. Done. You can have < 24 hours of experience in this game. Drop some RL cash, and if you roll the right class (cough HR cough) beat a LARGE percentage of the population.

I miss the older days where BIS gear was harder to get, dropped from bosses and PVP was somewhat balanced. A person who knew how to play their class actually stood a good chance against MOST classes out there.

GFs - good. GWFs - amazing. CWs - amazing. TRs - amazing.... I mean you name it, you could do well with any class.

We are headed in that direction but PVP is SO stale and SO gear dependant, no new maps.... nothing to attract people to play, so they leave. Causing MASSIVE matchmaking issues.

TLDR: DROP matchmaking for now, release new pvp maps and foundry pvp. reset leaderboards. BRING POPULATION BACK!

Once thats done, Bring BACK matchmaking, put in pvp "Guild" leaderboards and even "seasons" of PVP that are several weeks (or even an entire module) long.

Foundry PVP will keep us busy for a long time. Oh... and stop with all this artifact <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Give us gear that is FARMED not bought.

PVP gear can be a GREAT avenue for this. Give PVPers a new "tier" that is similar to Artifact Equip gear but with + tenacity and overload slots. Now PVPers will get their gear by pvping.

Remember when Tenacity gear sets first came out? PVP was VERY popular with people farming glory for gear...
    edited November 2014
    They could even reuse previous zones and cut it up to make a new PVP map
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    They clearly said that there's not enough players in PvP to bother with PvP content. Tho, there's lots of PvP players on RU server, so the devs are gonna wait till those players leave too and keep not bothering.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well, it's not even 'you pay SOME money' to get the stuff. If you buy from zen store, to have enough RP for legendary artifacts means thousands of dollars. Which is just lol.
    Even the paywall is huge.
  • gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    They clearly said that there's not enough players in PvP to bother with PvP content. Tho, there's lots of PvP players on RU server, so the devs are gonna wait till those players leave too and keep not bothering.
    lol

but srsly...
    The small PVP community is a symptom of no pvp content.
    Make some PVP contents and the PVP community will grow.

Like Lurk Skywalter said in "Star Warms Episode 3: The Return of Giuseppe"
    "If you build it, they will come."
  • lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i dont pvp, pvp is garbage, but yes not having any new pvp map for domination is pathetic even for the worst game devs around.
    if cryptic wants so much the money from pvp big spenders why at least not make it more interessant.

Seems there is at least 3 different views on cryptic team and all of them are trampling each other. it cant end well...
  • hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I like how the devs walks 1000 miles around this thread and topic. :P
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • k3ll0k3ll0 Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Surely it comes as no news that PvP clearly isn't a high (or much any, really) priority here? Always got the impression it was welded on as something of an afterthought and probably a mite reluctantly...

Though I can kinda see why that is so, given the endless whinage and bickering it generates.
    edited November 2014
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    I like how the devs walks 1000 miles around this thread and topic. :P

This has been suggested at every avenue every livestream. It is so easy to make new PVP maps compared to yet another heroic encounter that nobody gives a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about in 2 weeks.
  • ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    why make a new pvp mode/map when we have a forum?!! silly us complaining for lack of pvp modes...