What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Great Concern About Balance

2»

Comments

• burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    liliadna wrote: »
    they need to get in range and other classes have to keep distance. Once on of melee classes gets near you and stunlock you you can pretty much do nothing and die well its a compensation for not having ranged attack and what attack are you talking about anyway? if not pvp but pve than increased run speed and CC immunity pretty much make up for dodge same as SW which are clearly fine by what you said and yet have same mechanics in terms of getting away from red zones.

fyi I have all classes cos I am a achievement hunter and completionist and I wanted all class artifacts so all of my characters are lvl 60 with access to ICD

then maybe learn to play ? and in pve i dont see how its hard to keep range from either 1 large slow mob or bunch of mobs who dont move because they are ccd from 100 to 0

i have cw i dont play him because its boring to play such a broken op class
    Paladin Master Race
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    GF- Not great at dealing damage(NOT great Super Low DPS and after DC&TR rework GF"Conq too will not do any dps", but exceptional def(def capped after 3000 all other class can have the same number any way SW CW HR GWF DC can have bigger dr then GF/deflection Second lowest in the game /high hp Even with CON BELT ALL SLOT HP the difference is minimal 8400 hp more then any other class can have GWF have 1260 more hp then other classes / infinite shield only if u use the the rigth spec and trade for DPS or dr or recovery/ Trade of score=Fair, may could do with a bit more damage in pve.

Side note : CW have the best dr in the game always 25% armor no matter what and can have 60000 hp too and still deal a great dps 3 times better then "conq"GF and he can still controll.

I think you dont have GF and never played 1.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    screenshots of paingiver at end of dungeon easily fabricated, ok? how? Enlighten me on this...

tumblr_ncr9zjNbCC1tj8o3do4_1280.jpg

tumblr_nct465QVFw1tj8o3do5_1280.jpg

tumblr_ncuxuchWiq1tj8o3do7_1280.jpg

I don't think CW needs to be changed, nor do we need to be nerfed. I think CW is fortunate that game design (tons of little adds) strongly favored them when the game came out. When you look at the new content, CW is not op at all there, if anything, we struggle a bit in ESOT and ELOL. That's fine, i'm happy that other classes get opprotunites to be very useful. Best class for new content? GF. Love it.

Considering that TRs were nerfed into nothingness for over a year, then everyone quit TR, made CW, and we all farmed CN and made tons of AD, to think about a CW complaining about anything is hillarious.

If you are struggling as a CW options are:

1) Your build is terrible

2) You gear (or stat distribution) is terrible

3) You need to LEARN TO PLAY.

Problems 1 and 2 can be solved by reading my guide. I am actually here to help people become good CWs. I see a lot of bad CW in game and I think to myself "how???" so hopefully by publishing my guide i have really improved play :D

BTW, i'm not satisfied with my "achievements" I have friends who can solo draco on a CW, i haven't done that yet, but i'm determined to do it soon.

Quite honestly, i'm not sure my TR could solo the first ROOM in CN.
  • liliadnaliliadna Member Posts: 96
    edited October 2014
    burkaanc wrote: »
    then maybe learn to play ? and in pve i dont see how its hard to keep range from either 1 large slow mob or bunch of mobs who dont move because they are ccd from 100 to 0

i have cw i dont play him because its boring to play such a broken op class

how so? it's you who whine about how GWFs are squishy while those I met in dungeons (including my own gwf) doesn't have this problem. That would suggest you should be the one who pick up skill in playing your class
    edited October 2014
    chemboy613 wrote: »
    screenshots of paingiver at end of dungeon easily fabricated, ok? how? Enlighten me on this...

two methods just of top of my head, I could probably come up with more
    1) you could just use photoshop, images are in so low quality that none would notice (you could either replace whole table with numbers you want or tear away the bottom of the table and replace it with the one you made at the start of the dungeon
    2) you could have 4DCs/GFs just to keep adds of you, put debuffs on bosses and heal you so they wouldn't do no damage but make it a piece of cake...
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    two methods just of top of my head, I could probably come up with more
    1) you could just use photoshop, images are in so low quality that none would notice (you could either replace whole table with numbers you want or tear away the bottom of the table and replace it with the one you made at the start of the dungeon
    2) you could have 4DCs/GFs just to keep adds of you, put debuffs on bosses and heal you so they wouldn't do no damage but make it a piece of cake...

lol.

Solo Draco CW 1

Solo Draco CW 2

Solo all CN CW

Solo Draco TR PoV, MONTHS AGO

You were saying?

Chemboy is a great CW. Those images are all genuine. Please stop doubting others when you have no reasons to.
    edited October 2014
    lol.

Solo Draco CW 1

Solo Draco CW 2

Solo all CN CW

Solo Draco TR PoV, MONTHS AGO

You were saying?

Chemboy is a great CW. Those images are all genuine. Please stop doubting others when you have no reasons to.

+1, thank you.
    edited October 2014
    edited October 2014
    how so? it's you who whine about how GWFs are squishy while those I met in dungeons (including my own gwf) doesn't have this problem. That would suggest you should be the one who pick up skill in playing your class

so 23.6k~26.5k hp(depending on artifacts) even with 35% dr vs 30~60k+ hits is not squishy for a melee class that doesnt have immunity frames ? i can escape or mitigate the attacks, but i have to work for it while other classes can just roll their face on keyboard because they are not in range for a lot of those attacks

and that hp number is with toughness - 9% hp buff. gwf are forced to go full glass cannon to even try to compete with other classes in damage(ok everybody who knows their class can do more dmg than the average pug person)
    Paladin Master Race
    edited October 2014
    so 23.6k~26.5k hp(depending on artifacts) even with 35% dr vs 30~60k+ hits is not squishy for a melee class that doesnt have immunity frames ? i can escape or mitigate the attacks, but i have to work for it while other classes can just roll their face on keyboard because they are not in range for a lot of those attacks

and that hp number is with toughness - 9% hp buff. gwf are forced to go full glass cannon to even try to compete with other classes in damage(ok everybody who knows their class can do more dmg than the average pug person)

Well, GWF like yours has less HP and Def than my CW, tends to be really squishy in elol. You should definately have more defensive stats.

Also unstopable is amazing.

Also man, why is this "compete for damage" thing so important? The point isn't to win paingiver, the point is to clear the dungeon. Thinking we have to be on top of the DPS charts induces people to do some dumb things.
  • williep30williep30 Member Posts: 773 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    From Persephone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zzeF2OVzgA&feature=youtu.be

Trust me man, some people can really play.

Let's not bring him into this, shall we? I remember arguing with him months ago about how he said this was not possible to do as CW, and their damage was bad... I'm seeing now why he stopped posting those statements...
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...
    edited October 2014
    lol.

You were saying?

that may be so, but
    a)I didn't say I don't believe it's possible, I just don't trust any pictures players post on forums that "proves something"
    b)it's only boss fight, I wanted to see whole uncut dungeon run mainly to see how many deaths (if any) and how much time it took
    c)even if he did solo whole CN that doesn't mean I am wrong. I dare to say most of 20kCW could do the same, also SWs and maybe other class. The point is why. It's time consuming and to prove that you can solo something with 2xthe GS needed on it its just not as great as you think. He certainly know how to play CW, but it's not something exceptional... show me how you solo VT and then we can talk...
  • commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    c)even if he did solo whole CN that doesn't mean I am wrong. I dare to say most of 20kCW could do the same,

I seriously doubt that! GS is way overrated nowadays.
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    show me how you solo VT and then we can talk...

I am not sure the mechanics of the last fight allows it. Wouldn't Valindra grasp you when alone, and then you will die without any chance to fight back?

Edit: actually, there's a VERY small chance this can be done, but it's almost fully depending on player luck, instead of skill (as in CN).

I might give it a shot.
  • nazghul22nazghul22 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    There is a live streaming on the NWO Twitch channel today about balance. Everything will be solved. Can't wait.
    ToD = ..........
    Tired of Dailies/Tyranny of Dailies/Timers of Doom/Tricked Or Duped/Tremendously Obnoxious Dailies/Try Otherwise, Devs
    edited October 2014
    Well, GWF like yours has less HP and Def than my CW, tends to be really squishy in elol. You should definately have more defensive stats.

Also unstopable is amazing.

Also man, why is this "compete for damage" thing so important? The point isn't to win paingiver, the point is to clear the dungeon. Thinking we have to be on top of the DPS charts induces people to do some dumb things.

the thing is i cant put more defensive stats cause i wont do any damage then

paingiver is not so important, but what use gwf are to party then, low damage, crappy cc(if u even use frontline), no utility ?

why not take hr/sw if they do much more dmg, or cw that do about same damage(on eLoL/Shores) and keep mobs constantly ccd ?

unstoppable was amazing, now its just cc immunity, same thing ranged classes get for free just by being out of range of most cc, being unstoppable doesnt change anything about you being 1shot by most hard hitting abilities
    Paladin Master Race
    edited October 2014
    GWFs are the consumate generalists - they are good at everything but excell at nothing. Now i understand there are certain builds and gear sets that try to min/max these things, but they often leave you vulnerable.

I see a lot of GWFs who run AoW and offense jewlery, and while sometimes they are good players, in general they are good at dying to scorpions and Garakas. There was a section of my guide about gear efficiency and balance - which these players obviously don't understand.

I have a friend who chooses to run the MC set on his GWF for more balance, he's incredibly effective and still does great DPS.

What's good about GWF though? great mobility and speed, better than almost every classes. More durability than almost all classes, unstopable is great. Certain ones can tank, certain ones can DPS, but the good ones are balanced.

But basically, if you are a nice person and you play well, who cares what class you are? All of them have their uses. I like different group comps. So what if CW stacking is a little faster, it gets tiresome fast.
    edited October 2014
    GWFs are the consumate generalists - they are good at everything but excell at nothing. Now i understand there are certain builds and gear sets that try to min/max these things, but they often leave you vulnerable.

I see a lot of GWFs who run AoW and offense jewlery, and while sometimes they are good players, in general they are good at dying to scorpions and Garakas. There was a section of my guide about gear efficiency and balance - which these players obviously don't understand.

I have a friend who chooses to run the MC set on his GWF for more balance, he's incredibly effective and still does great DPS.

What's good about GWF though? great mobility and speed, better than almost every classes. More durability than almost all classes, unstopable is great. Certain ones can tank, certain ones can DPS, but the good ones are balanced.

But basically, if you are a nice person and you play well, who cares what class you are? All of them have their uses. I like different group comps. So what if CW stacking is a little faster, it gets tiresome fast.

tanking - medicore at best, might as well have the DC kite
    gwf cant tank, they can soak damage, without the wtftheywerethinkingabout intimidation we have no way to generate and hold (enough)threat, also our mitigation skill - unstoppable sucks for mitigation, if we go tank we need to take too much damage to pop it,and even quite tanky gwf can get 1shot if unlucky(i have been crit for 50k+ at 40% DR) we dont have real on demand mitigation, sprint is too slow and requires movement

CC - frontline surge and avalance of steel ? soo much cc

DPS - only if we go full glass cannon we get anywhere near sw, cw and hr, wont be surprised if dc will do more dps in mod5, havent seen how mod 5 tr works in dungeons, i can do more damage than about anybody i get in pugs, but gwf has to work harder than other classes for it

utility - lol

and there really is no use for balanced gwf, tank - get gf, dps get hr/sw/cw, there is no logical reason to take one
    Paladin Master Race
    edited October 2014
    but that really is the class design. They are designed to be good at all things and great at none of them.
    edited October 2014
    but that really is the class design. They are designed to be good at all things and great at none of them.

aka they designed the class to suck at everything
    Paladin Master Race
    edited October 2014
    aka they designed the class to suck at everything

lol XD that's not what i meant...

I must admit personally, GWF is my least favorite class though. I just run in and swing big sword. Hit things with sword. Me Gwf, Rawr.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I just hate discussions about class balance, nerfing, buffing, etc. They never resolve anything except allow people to vehemently defend their favorite class . . .

Sorry. Just had to express myself . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    I just hate discussions about class balance, nerfing, buffing, etc. They never resolve anything except allow people to vehemently defend their favorite class . . .

You hush. I'm telling you the Druid is OP, especially the Leaf-Blower encounter against the Slop Troll and that ST's Celestial Flatulence of the Divine is OP against Every. Other. Class. These threads are needed. Okay, well maybe those aren't in game, yet. But I *ALREADY KNOW IT*. Just because!
    edited October 2014
    you hush. I'm telling you the druid is op, especially the leaf-blower encounter against the slop troll and that st's celestial flatulence of the divine is op against every. Other. Class. These threads are needed. Okay, well maybe those aren't in game, yet. But i *already know it*. Just because!

omg! Druid op! Must nerf! Nnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrfffffffffff!!!!!!!!
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You hush. I'm telling you the Druid is OP, especially the Leaf-Blower encounter against the Slop Troll and that ST's Celestial Flatulence of the Divine is OP against Every. Other. Class. These threads are needed. Okay, well maybe those aren't in game, yet. But I *ALREADY KNOW IT*. Just because!

OMG what a ****. Top tier druids only spam Gaping Maw of the Angry Bee. No one uses Leaf-Blower. Hardcore PvPers represent!
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    edited October 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    OMG what a ****. Top tier druids only spam Gaping Maw of the Angry Bee. No one uses Leaf-Blower. Hardcore PvPers represent!

WTF are you talking about! Leaf-Blower OP! It's like Repel with no target cap! U must use in SP, hulks just fly off edge! Rrrraaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwww......... oops lake of blue fire!
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    LOL! That was a funny exchange about the Druid!
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Druid is not over powered. They only made it as a cash grab to get people to spend money leveling a new class. As soon as the money stops it will be nerfed. Don't you people know anything?

*puts on tinfoil hat*
  • benja32gonsalesbenja32gonsales Member Posts: 236 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »

I like to defend balance, not one class or another.

I'm not sorry, I have the right to express myself.