test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are you going to do it?

helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
I'm referring to the new book grind. I'm not doing it.

Like if they randomly drop fine or I have enough ad and nothing else to spend it on I might buy them. That said I'm not doing it again. I'm nearly finished the first 2 books on one character and I'm never doing it on any character again. I've only gone this far because of the I've gone so far already if you know what I mean. I'd rather deal with the brutal grind of a heroin addiction that turn up each day to dragon farm again.

I ask because I'm sure they have metrics that tell them a lot of people did the grind so its ok for them to put it in again despite everyone's intense loathing of it. We don't like it but we come back again anyway so what does that really tell you, aka battered spouse syndrome. Anyway knowing what it will be like again is my tipping point so here is a poll I hope of y/n on doing the grind again.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    next module i will start playing again like i was used to do.
    no dailies for me, no wasted time in no drop dungeons.

just pvp for the love of god
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have not earned the fourth book yet. Hopefully by the end of this week I will have it. So it's taken me about 2 months to unlock the whole campaign, unlock dungeon/skirmish, and get 1 book. Of course I have made a conscious decision not to "grind" it, I want my playtime to be fun and not feel like work, so if I don't feel like killing 5 dragons in a day, I don't do it. So I will take the casual approach to these new books as well. So I voted "no", but not really out of protest, but because I haven't been grinding the books *anyway* and I am not planning on changing my approach in the near future.

Now if the new dungeon is so incredibly hard that the last three boons really become essential, then yeah I'll speed it up.

I am also quite certain that the books will appear in the Zen market not long after the release of Mod 5. So I may just do what I normally enjoy, save up AD, transfer to Zen and buy the books that way.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I gave up before getting one. If they halve the amount of resources needed to buy those books.....I don't think I would have enough strength to farm them even then :)
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ill just complete new dailies, maybe get the new set, then im off til mod6
    Paladin Master Race
  • carrytiexcarrytiex Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If it's worth getting the new book effort wise then I may get it for one of my toons. Past that why would I waste my time?
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    carrytiex wrote: »
    If it's worth getting the new book effort wise then I may get it for one of my toons. Past that why would I waste my time?

I didn't realise this was ambiguous.

If you get the books from drops fine, whatever. Yay you got the boon then.

The poll is asking are you willing to grind your daily dragons or not. If yes then you are and if no then you aren't going to grind them.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I'm going to get them from the auction house. Thankfully, I have the money from farming the old Castle Never loot and miscellaneous tier 2 dungeons.

Not even gonna try and farm the dungeons or skirmishes. I think spending time and effort to farm those just for a small chance to attain books/artifacts is an insult to my time and effort.
    edited October 2014
    you need 3 mil to buy books for last 2 boons for mod4, for 1 750 000 AD you can buy warlock pack and upgrade erinyes for 10% crit severity, you can also buy sword for another 5%crit severity, and both will be cheaper than 6 books you need for 8% crit severity

i bet zen store packs will have books included, and with the rng for these drops they will sell them for 7500 zen each.
    Paladin Master Race
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I'm sure we can all afford them on module7
    edited October 2014
    I'm sure we can all afford them on module7

on mod 7 there will be so much daily grind that we wont have time to even check AH not even talking about doing smth like the actual content of the game
    Paladin Master Race
    edited October 2014
    I don't care if the boons give you 5000 unmitigated damage on each tick of an at will. The quantity of reward isn't so much the point as the tedium of actually achieving it is so gross. Like would you take your arm off with a rusty hacksaw if someone was going to give you a million dollars to do it? No. Well its kind of the same thing.

If other people through experience reach a similar conclusion we will see less books on the market. Although some people will end up doing it anyway. And then you will have pvpers who understand that neverwinter pvp is an arms race and will do it for whatever advantage they can get.

So it won't be a total wasteland
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I will slowly work my way up to the two hundred books doing dailies ( three hundred if they add the new one to the campaign store) but I'm not going to focus on getting them or go insane farming Shores .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    No I wont. The last module bored me and this next one will be just as bad. I hardly play anymore and will maybe just jump on to do pvp quests sometimes but pve is just a grind fest and i don't have the play time to gather all the new gear and rank everything up to legendary. The game will be unplayable to lower players one day, if it's not already because the gap between maxed and new players is way too far.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I made no attempt to progress beyond the third boon for either character that has 'completed' ToD and don't ever plan to, unless there's a change in how you obtain the required currencies.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Like would you take your arm off with a rusty hacksaw if someone was going to give you a million dollars to do it?

...while there's nothing to buy with these money. That's the problem.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I have 1 main character and 2 dedicated alts.

I'm sure you know the answer.
    (´・ ω ・`)
    edited October 2014
    You are going to spend 3 hours a day doing it because you love wandering zone to zone looking at chat to save any minutes you possibly can?
  • gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    A word of advice for those who have given up on the book grind from someone who gave up weeks ago.

Just do the fetch quests in each zone.
    3 secrets and 2 sigils a day just from swapping grave markers, lightning bottles, etc. plus the portal to tuern weekly.
    I spend maybe ten minutes tops a day on it and I barely even hate this module anymore.

In no way am I saying this is how the module should be...stupid dragon timers and no drop 'great success' over and over have shown this mod to be a giant clusterfork©. But if you are giving up on getting the boons in any timely manner, this is the best reward for time spent.
    You do one dragon a day and you get 1 sigil or 1 secret, plus the 1 sigil/secret for the fetch quest in that zone or you can do all the 5 zones fetch quests in the time it took you to do the one dragon...
  • crusherbeastcrusherbeast Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Don't worry fawkes, soon for 5-10 k zen you will be able to buy from cryptic library all set of books.
    Tairev-TR(All kind of killing tools)
    Asha-DC(Faithful-Anointed Champion)
    Vilgefortz-CW(Thaumaturge-balance)
  • ikapamkikapamk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 294 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    hefisdo wrote: »
    I have 1 main character and 2 dedicated alts.

I'm sure you know the answer.

Ditto. Only one has made it to ToD 3, the others are still playing catch up.
    Carpe Jugulum
    Sharra Del'Armgo - SW Trapper Hybrid HR
    Ogghra Bar'Ghuzumn - MI Scoundrel TR
    Vænna Thrymskjöldr - IV Protector GF
    edited October 2014
    It would be a nice world if the devs looked at feedback and saw of at present 36, people who turn up to the forums and are interested in the upcoming mod and are probably the keenest audience they have, 35 do not intend to complete the content. What would it be like if that meant something.

Any of the 3 people who voted yes care to explain their point of view? I made the poll not show names because I had a fairly good inuition of where it was going to go and I thought people would be more comfortable voting yes if they didn't have to defend themselves or be marked as a fanboy or lol its just the mods who are good with it. But with 3 of you now maybe someone would care to elaborate.
  • slintashslintash Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    It would be a nice world if the devs looked at feedback and saw of at present 36, people who turn up to the forums and are interested in the upcoming mod and are probably the keenest audience they have, 35 do not intend to complete the content. What would it be like if that meant something.

Any of the 3 people who voted yes care to explain their point of view? I made the poll not show names because I had a fairly good inuition of where it was going to go and I thought people would be more comfortable voting yes if they didn't have to defend themselves or be marked as a fanboy or lol its just the mods who are good with it. But with 3 of you now maybe someone would care to elaborate.

If no one wants to do the farming, the supply is going to be low / non-existant making these books rare items. Lets face it, they're going to be people that will want these items, and if I and only a select few do get the books we cansimply dictate any price we wish. They either farm it for themselves, or pay any price we set/demand.

Greed is a beautiful thing.
  • demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    slintash wrote: »
    If no one wants to do the farming, the supply is going to be low / non-existant making these books rare items. Lets face it, they're going to be people that will want these items, and if I and only a select few do get the books we cansimply dictate any price we wish. They either farm it for themselves, or pay any price we set/demand.

Greed is a beautiful thing.

hence y i am hoping to get 2-3 mil or more from price spikes. no way these books won't spike drastically in price

then i can buy anything i could want after enduring all the farming. i doubt i am willing to farm a 2nd one though
    edited October 2014
    That is a point of view I guess. You don't want the boons you want to harpoon some whales. It will be interesting to see how that plays out. At present prices are down from initial but there are a lot of people still doing them, like me, because we went so far already but if people follow through on not bothering I can see that happening.
  • demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    That is a point of view I guess. You don't want the boons you want to harpoon some whales. It will be interesting to see how that plays out. At present prices are down from initial but there are a lot of people still doing them, like me, because we went so far already but if people follow through on not bothering I can see that happening.

part of the reason is that boon 4 begs the question, make over 1 mil at current price or get 200 life-steal/regen

it's not a motivating boon for its cost
    edited October 2014

They're people with literally every item they could possibly get right now, all 3 artifacts are orange, as are their belt and weapon, all rank 10s, etc. The boons are just the next power step, and I don't know too many people, specially PvP players, that would pass up 8% crit sev.

And besides, what else are they going to buy?
    edited October 2014
    Ah well the current fifth boon will give you 5% of that 8% and I expect a lot of people will go that far just because of the amount of time sunk already. What I expect will happen going forward is they won't go all the way to boon 7 which is what the poll is about.

Well specifically I'm asking the question are you willing to grind out enough campaign currency to buy the books again in the upcoming module. Not are you going to do it in the current module.

Don't disagree that people will buy those things on the auction house. If I get the ad together I might one day. They might be worth 3 million ad but they aren't worth 40 hours of my life. Like even if the reward was totally crazy its not worth doing it all over again for me especially with an extra book on top.

It is interesting that the motives for doing them are ad related. Says not good things.
    edited October 2014
    Ah well the current fifth boon will give you 5% of that 8% and I expect a lot of people will go that far just because of the amount of time sunk already. What I expect will happen going forward is they won't go all the way to boon 7 which is what the poll is about.

Well specifically I'm asking the question are you willing to grind out enough campaign currency to buy the books again in the upcoming module. Not are you going to do it in the current module.

Don't disagree that people will buy those things on the auction house. If I get the ad together I might one day. They might be worth 3 million ad but they aren't worth 40 hours of my life. Like even if the reward was totally crazy its not worth doing it all over again for me especially with an extra book on top.

Like I said previously though, they're people that have literally everything they want and still have AD to spend, they are going to buy it one way or another.

I'll probably eventurly get the books grinded out because I find the dragons useful to have breaks honestly. Play for an hour, want a break? Go wait for a dragon, do 3 hits, and go back to a safe place and get the reward.
  • zankardzankard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Won't do it. This is disgusting. If anything is more annoying than STILL having no real balance with this module, it's the book grinding. Count me out.
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    i want more books and more dailies, cant get enough of them. i am rather addicted. i vote with more books.