test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game Population

abecassisabecassis Member Posts: 255 Bounty Hunter
edited October 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Is there any way to see how many individual accounds have log on in recent times? Or a way to see those numbers from the games release until now?

I have searched a abit, but could not find anything. But i remember seeing such a graph once.
Dr. Phil
Post edited by abecassis on

Comments

• Options
    valencayvalencay Member Posts: 431 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    abecassis wrote: »
    Is there any way to see how many individual accounds have log on in recent times? Or a way to see those numbers from the games release until now?

I have searched a abit, but could not find anything. But i remember seeing such a graph once.

they posted a graph at the end of mod2 i believe, and it showed a huge in game population, but i think that that nuber dropped a lot, and then you should divide the result by at least 2 because of the free character slot. i think there are no more than 10k people playing
    Aset Xharran, Oppressor CW
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    There is no public statistics on how many accounts are logged on at any given time.
    valencay wrote: »
    i think there are no more than 10k people playing

Considering there is NO public statistics your estimation is about as accurate as an eye test read from a mile away with the naked eye...
    Let's not pull figures out of thin air.

Furthermore I believe you are referring to the "2 Million Accounts" announcement. It was not a claim of activity but simply saying 2M accounts were made. Accounts....not characters. The entire bit about characters is 100% irrelevant.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    There is no public statistics on how many accounts are logged on at any given time.

Considering there is NO public statistics your estimation is about as accurate as an eye test read from a mile away with the naked eye...

Furthermore I believe you are referring to the "2 Million Accounts" announcement. It was not a claim of activity but simply saying 2M accounts were made. Accounts....not characters. The entire bit about characters is 100% irrelevant.

first of all, you are a community moderator i would ask you to be more polite and less rude
    second, i based my estimate on the fact that there are a little less than 3k people who entered pvp since mod 4 was release, 30% of the in game population that entered at least once is a generous valuation.
  • Options
    abecassisabecassis Member Posts: 255 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014

It was not that announcement i was thinking about. There was a clear graph i specifically remember from beta until before mod2 or mod2 release. It showed the graph slowly but steadily rising.
    first of all, as a community moderator i would ask you to be more polite and less rude
    second, i based my estimate on the fact that there are a little less than 3k people who entered pvp since mod 4 was release, 30% of the in game population that entered at least once is a generous valuation.

That is a great way to check it, totally forgot to see how many entered pvp. I remember it been a lot more before the leaderboard reset. But i guess pvp is not the best indicator as well because people refuse to play it because of glyphs and HRs. But 30% dosent seem to off
    Dr. Phil
  • Options
    edited October 2014
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    you might get an idea on the social tab - find someone.
    Filter by area (PE, Rothe Valley et al., all epic and regular dungeons, skirmishes, PvP areas, etc.) and sum up the number of players in that are.
    You might have to filter down to instance number.
    You still would miss the foundry fans, but it would give you an idea.

You would not be able to know about bots that own instances, about accounts created and banned after 3x yelling "vv vv vv. blablabla" and all that.
    So, even if you get the number of avatars playing at the moment you would not know how many of them are not players are bots.
    This is also the reason why the announcement last year (distribution of classes) is totally useless ... so many TR bots, you can not even start to count them.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You may want to check your estimate again, from what I remember, they may be less than 3K pages, not less than 3K people. That's something like up to a factor 20 of difference, no ?
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    daggon87 wrote: »
    You may want to check your estimate again, from what I remember, they may be less than 3K pages, not less than 3K people. That's something like up to a factor 20 of difference, no ?

lol yes, you are right. don't know how i managed to turn pages into ppl xD
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ambisinisterr was stating facts, not being rude. This was an accurate statement.

Also, I am a TR, but certainly not a bot. Bots don't post on forums.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    benja32gonsalesbenja32gonsales Member Posts: 236 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    So, doing the math... I see there are 2419 pages, each one have 20 characters, so there are 48380 who played a PvP match since MoD 4... at least once, I think that the people who only PvE and never play PvP is minority, seeing the some old polls in the forum about PvP vs PvE I think that is very generous to say that the 40% of the people only PvE and NEVER PVP, so if the 48380 is the 60%, the 100% is something like 80634 and considering that since MoD 2 we should have at least 2 millions accounts (this could be translated to more than 2 millions charachter on the PvP leaderboard)... I think a lot people leave this game.

This isn't 81K players who play in a daily basis, we have 81K players who played once on MoD 4, and we also have to consider that maybe in the leaderboard there are several characters of one player, so it may be less than 81K players who played once on MoD 4.
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So, doing the math... I see there are 2419 pages, each one have 20 players

Players... or characters? There is a big difference...
  • Options
    stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If the question relates to 'Are less people playing right now' than the answer is yes. Its the same drop we have right before the next mod comes out. Population rises when a new module hits. While it won't always be this way as time goes on, this has been the trend to date. Also AA released and like any new game, people are going to try it. Some will stay and some will come back.

In my opinion, the awful set up of dragon dailies and how time consuming and tedious work you need to put in to open a skirmish, dungeon, artifact weapon and boons, have not made many happy and I think it was kind of a turn off. While the skirmish and dungeon are really great it might not of been enough. And that doesnt include the pvp gripes.

I am sure once the new changes are released, you will see alot of people on test and than many returning in the new mod.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    stah01 wrote: »
    Also AA released and like any new game, people are going to try it.

What??? They resurrected/remade Auto Assault?? O__O Want play now!!!
  • Options
    eternalvaleeternalvale Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Something people forget, a lot of people don't play during the school year be it college or lower grades of school. A lot of people basically play in their free time and as a result a lot of people leave during the school year and come back during the summer. So, in reality its hard to get a consistent "this may people are playing" because of major fluctuations from spring break, school year ending, etc.
  • Options
    vascodergamervascodergamer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think that is very generous to say that the 40% of the people only PvE and NEVER PVP

I would say this is from a perspective of someone who plays PvP. I would say only about 10% are in the ranking, the others have not ever played PvP since mod4.
    All players that came new after the module and played with a char below level 60 a few matches and thus quit are not in the ranking, a lot of mid to low equipped players are not playing any PvP as they encountered they have no chance before Mod4. In our guild a lot of players never PvP and only about maybe 20% play, but only on 5 person guild groups and never alone. So if only 20% of the guild players play, a lot less non-guild will only play, so I would assume 10% of the whole population.
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So, doing the math... I see there are 2419 pages, each one have 20 players, so there are 48380 who played a PvP match since MoD 4... at least once, I think that the people who only PvE and never play PvP is minority, seeing the some old polls in the forum about PvP vs PvE I think that is very generous to say that the 40% of the people only PvE and NEVER PVP, so if the 48380 is the 60%, the 100% is something like 80634 and considering that since MoD 2 we should have at least 2 millions accounts (this could be translated to more than 2 millions charachter on the PvP leaderboard)... I think a lot people leave this game.

This isn't 81K players who play in a daily basis, we have 81K players who played once on MoD 4, and we also have to consider that maybe in the leaderboard there are several characters of one player, so it may be less than 81K players who played once on MoD 4.

I'd say it's the opposite. The majority of players are pve only. a tiny minority (maybe 10%) are pvp only. and a sizable number do both, at least enough for the daily quest if not for pvp campaign progress. However each page is characters not players. Some people pvp with multiple characters (classes), some have separate pvp only alts.

If you look at that mod 2 flier, you see 400 years worth of exp has been gained but only 3 million character deaths in pvp? That's only 3k characters with bloodthirsty title. ie tiny tiny fraction of players pvp in any real meaningful manner.

i'd break it down 50% pve only, 40% pvp at least some amount and 10% pvp only. 50% of the players have pvp'd since mod 4, with 48k characters. even if we say each player only has 1 pvp character, that puts the pop around 96k total. Less (much less) if ppl have pvp'd with more than 1 character.

edit: note, i feel i'm being very generous with the 10% and 40% thing. the real numbers are probably much closer to 5% pvp and maybe 25% pvp sometimes. most players never pvp in mmo's.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i was an avid pvp player. glyphs and passive damages lead me to stop.
    not played a single pvp match since mod 4
  • Options
    caunsidhcaunsidh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    snip

Your percentages are off. PvP players are very vocal, so it may seem like they're a majority, but that is not so.

Take a look at this thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?705291-Do-you-PvP-PvE-Just-interested-on-the-player-base

If we would take those percentages as is, total genuine playerbase since the release of Module 4 would be 112434.
    Therenil - Hunter Ranger, Stormwarden/Trapper
    3.jpg
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'd say it's the opposite. The majority of players are pve only. a tiny minority (maybe 10%) are pvp only. and a sizable number do both, at least enough for the daily quest if not for pvp campaign progress. However each page is characters not players. Some people pvp with multiple characters (classes), some have separate pvp only alts.

If you look at that mod 2 flier, you see 400 years worth of exp has been gained but only 3 million character deaths in pvp? That's only 3k characters with bloodthirsty title. ie tiny tiny fraction of players pvp in any real meaningful manner.

i'd break it down 50% pve only, 40% pvp at least some amount and 10% pvp only. 50% of the players have pvp'd since mod 4, with 48k characters. even if we say each player only has 1 pvp character, that puts the pop around 96k total. Less (much less) if ppl have pvp'd with more than 1 character.

Between the end of mod 1 and the end of mod 3 I brought through 3-4 classes to the extent of thousands of matches, enough to get profound sets for each, cyrstal artifacts (multuple on some) and even max glory on each of the toons with no reason to purchase anything.

At the start of mod 4, im pretty much running GG only with maybe a odd dom match, multiple reasons, but the #1, is I just dont have time do run multiple dailies and dom match every day. The game is only about the stupid dailies to progress, since I cant finish the modules and I cant progress, I dont feel like I can dom match anymore.

They just totally screwed the playerbase in this last module, with too much of a grind.
  • Options
    caunsidhcaunsidh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    silverkelt wrote: »
    They just totally screwed the playerbase in this last module, with too much of a grind.

From half an hour to an hour a day. I don't see how is that different from any other module.
    Sure, people with severe altitis will think of it as too much, but it's their own fault, not Cryptic's.
    Therenil - Hunter Ranger, Stormwarden/Trapper
    3.jpg
  • Options
    hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I know tons of PvP players left in M4 because of the glyphs and the lack of fixing it. Still not fixed after weeks.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    caunsidh wrote: »
    From half an hour to an hour a day. I don't see how is that different from any other module.
    Sure, people with severe altitis will think of it as too much, but it's their own fault, not Cryptic's.

I can run through every other module through with no more then 15 mins max a day, I could probably run through 2-3 or more alts through every other module through in the same time I do one alt for ToD, I just dont understand how you can say its the same...

What all the other modules allow you to do is be done with them at some point, with reasonable amount of grinding, ToD doesnt have that.. not even close.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I would say this is from a perspective of someone who plays PvP. I would say only about 10% are in the ranking, the others have not ever played PvP since mod4.

I think you may be off with this. I have NEVER played PvP since before Mod 1 and yet I am in the leaderboard.
  • Options
    anatas07anatas07 Member Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Simple task.
    Allow me to explain.

From a trader point of view there are some "rush hours" on server. In MMOs they are calling it "prime time". Usually those occur on week-ends. You zone in those hours and count the players in every public instance. Multiply it by aprox. 3 (because like 2/3 are in private instances) and you'll get the active population. Active population is like 1/5 - 1/6 of total population (after 1-2 years from launch).

Simple math - enjoy.

P.S. I'll do it for you and post the result after this week-end, if the topic is not shut down by then :)
    If you see this and have the answer - PM me or answer real quick because this post will be removed
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    caunsidh wrote: »
    Your percentages are off. PvP players are very vocal, so it may seem like they're a majority, but that is not so.

Take a look at this thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?705291-Do-you-PvP-PvE-Just-interested-on-the-player-base

If we would take those percentages as is, total genuine playerbase since the release of Module 4 would be 112434.

Ok, I wasn't speaking about PvP v/s PvE players, the poll is telling us at least the 43% of the player base play PvP and/or PvE often, but I think that people who voted for "I play for PvE" could at least try PvP once, but yes, if those that said "I play for PvE" don't give a try on PvP even once a month then yes, the number of characters used at least once in MoD 4 should be near 110K.

But being more realistic, I think even some PvE guys would at least try PvP once in a month.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    But being more realistic, I think even some PvE guys would at least try PvP once in a month.

That was probably more true prior to mod 4.
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Why should I? I have PVE gear and PVE feats and from what I understand, everyone in PVP is running around with 20k and glyphs. Why should I even try once a month? "Because it's fun"?
  • Options
    nezraalnezraal Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I don't believe you. Unless the accounts were a bunch of bots, or dual accounts. There are approximately 2500 pages where people pvp. I hardly think anyone would ignore 8k AD a day on their primary account which means at most you have 70k (50-55k to be more realistic) active players.

I was involved in game development myself for a while as a programmer about 7 years ago, enough to know the difference. The Giants of MMO are LOL, Lineage, Tera, WOW, GW2 & WildStar. Even korean MMO like Cabal Online and Aion held a much bigger population after their release for at least 2 years. The way cryptic is going with their sloppy development and imbalanced pvp material, I would be concerned.
  • Options
    nazghul22nazghul22 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    pointsman wrote: »
    everyone in PVP is running around with 20k and glyphs

and capped tenacity
    ToD = ..........
    Tired of Dailies/Tyranny of Dailies/Timers of Doom/Tricked Or Duped/Tremendously Obnoxious Dailies/Try Otherwise, Devs
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    pointsman wrote: »
    Why should I? I have PVE gear and PVE feats and from what I understand, everyone in PVP is running around with 20k and glyphs. Why should I even try once a month? "Because it's fun"?

I don't know, to see how bad it is with your own eyes?, anyway, I just consider a small % of the PvE guys could play PvP once in a month, even considering the real number we have 110K characters used in MoD 4 of a total of more than 2 millions (we had 2 millions accounts on MoD 2).

And eldarth said he never went to PvP but he appear on the leaderboard, so it's not wrong to assume that we could have even less characters that played once MoD 4.

So if you wanna just ignore what I said about PvE ppl testing PvP, even if that doesn't happend it shows that a lot of ppl leave this game.