test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Attn: Class Advocate Astral Shield/Linked Spirit

inthere23inthere23 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
edited October 2014 in The Temple
Dunno if we have one or not but the SW have theirs so I'm going to throw this out.

Linked spirit tooltip:

You link with every ally you Heal, increasing their stat ratings by 1/2/3/4/5% of your stat ratings for 10 seconds. Healing multiple targets at once will increase the bonus all targets receive.

Confirmed to trigger linked spirit: Forgemasters Flame, Bastion Of Health, Sunburst, Healing Word, Exaltation in Divine Mode.

Astral Shield which is probably our most used divine mode heal, does not trigger it. Please bring this to the devs attention.
Venril Sathir- CW
Venril- SW
Lurch- GF
Mini Ven- DC
Post edited by inthere23 on

Comments

• Options
    chihuabchihuab Member Posts: 71
    edited October 2014
    This has been reported numerous times over the past year, I have personally sent panderus pms multiple times regarding this issue, they simply don't give a s***
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Well hopefully our class advocate can get them to listen:)
    Venril Sathir- CW
    Venril- SW
    Lurch- GF
    Mini Ven- DC
  • Options
    lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    inthere23 wrote: »

.....yeah......right....

Have a guess at how many times this has been reported....
    Now for the simple maths:

No. of times reported = No. of times ignored
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • Options
    velynnavelynna Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I suspect it's largely a symbolic position.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014

No, I don't think it would matter much
  • Options
    masizin777masizin777 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Man 1/10 of those feats don't work as said that is part of the overhaul.
  • Options
    clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Anyone know who the class advocate is ?
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Maybe one hasn't been assigned yet.........it's been 14 hours since this thread started. SW has one, he introduced himself, welcomed feedback, and even gave in game contact info.

So I'm thinking all the other classes haven't gotten advocates yet because none of them have done this.
    Venril Sathir- CW
    Venril- SW
    Lurch- GF
    Mini Ven- DC
  • Options
    lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Yes. Apparently it's a guy called Grima Wormtongue, says we can trust him, but not so sure. I did ask him a question and all I got was:

"A just question, my liege. Late is the hour in which this conjurer chooses to appear. "Lathspell" I name him. Ill news is an ill guest.
    Why do you lay these troubles on an already troubled mind?".

And my character name,s not even Lathspell.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • Options
    plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    after module 3 it proc the symbol of linked spirit but not the stat, that's an improvement :)
    who know, maybe in module 5 we wont have astral shield so they will finally solve this problem (maybe we wont have linked spirit as well...)
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    lyaise wrote: »
    Yes. Apparently it's a guy called Grima Wormtongue, says we can trust him, but not so sure. .

It's not him. The DC who received the position is called Syndra. She received an e-mail about it 1-2 weeks ago.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    velynna wrote: »
    It's not him. The DC who received the position is called Syndra. She received an e-mail about it 1-2 weeks ago.

How do you know about this?

If that's true, then the class advocates have been selected and Cryptic decided not to announce it.

Very interesting.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    How do you know about this?

If that's true, then the class advocates have been selected and Cryptic decided not to announce it.

Very interesting.

She announced it in the game's PvP channel, and out of the people who applied, I do believe she would be one of the most qualified.
  • Options
    justsyndrajustsyndra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    velynna wrote: »

Just to clear up - they announced a few of the class advocates last week via PMs, and I told a few friends like @velynna I was chosen, along with seeking out other advocates to discuss with them some stuff we could do. Later Crypitc said they aren't sure if they want us being public about our roles (they said nothing against it in the original message)(I had planned on publicly posting what I was sending to the Devs), so I'm not going overboard with further announcements of it. I've yet to talk to them further, but at least making people aware advocates are active is good, just so posts like this can happen.

This post's content will be in my weekly mail tomorrow along with a note on asking them if they care about how we handle our role with the public.

~Syndra
    No longer playing Neverwinter.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    justsyndra wrote: »
    Later Crypitc said they aren't sure if they want us being public about our roles

This is the part I'm very curious about. I just find it very interesting.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    This is the part I'm very curious about. I just find it very interesting.

It makes sense, if we start posting opinions or feedback on changes, it puts us in a weird spot. With the big DC changes coming soon, I know I will be on preview along with my guild testing stuff, but it might be weird for me to post about the balance when I have the advocate position.
  • Options
    raist724raist724 Member Posts: 46
    edited October 2014
    Just to clear up - they announced a few of the class advocates last week via PMs, and I told a few friends like @velynna I was chosen, along with seeking out other advocates to discuss with them some stuff we could do. Later Crypitc said they aren't sure if they want us being public about our roles (they said nothing against it in the original message)(I had planned on publicly posting what I was sending to the Devs), so I'm not going overboard with further announcements of it. I've yet to talk to them further, but at least making people aware advocates are active is good, just so posts like this can happen.

This post's content will be in my weekly mail tomorrow along with a note on asking them if they care about how we handle our role with the public.

~Syndra

Syndra I hope you are smart enough to know that the forums represents such a insignificant portrait of the DC player base. Aware you have been around for a while and it should be blatantly evident that 98% of the posts and advice here in this "temple" section is just wrong and terrible. Kaelec's guide is good for a starting DC but the rest is trash. Most of the active DC actually playin the game and not the forums joke and laugh at this forum section. Know your role as advocate is to report the DC communities view points and observations, but please make sure to take into consideration what you hear and see in the game from other DC players. You probably know the DC player base is divided into two groups, those who figured it out and those who have not. One side accepts DC for what it is and learns to play, while the other wants DC to be something it is not and crys that the class is broken. Please make sure to bring both view points in your reports.
    Wake | Halfling | DC
    Raist Torilrocker | Dwarf | DCWaterdeep Dungeon & Salvage LLC
    http://www.twitch.tv/raist718/profile
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    raist724 wrote: »
    Syndra I hope you are smart enough to know that the forums represents such a insignificant portrait of the DC player base. Aware you have been around for a while and it should be blatantly evident that 98% of the posts and advice here in this "temple" section is just wrong and terrible. Kaelec's guide is good for a starting DC but the rest is trash. Most of the active DC actually playin the game and not the forums joke and laugh at this forum section. Know your role as advocate is to report the DC communities view points and observations, but please make sure to take into consideration what you hear and see in the game from other DC players. You probably know the DC player base is divided into two groups, those who figured it out and those who have not. One side accepts DC for what it is and learns to play, while the other wants DC to be something it is not and crys that the class is broken. Please make sure to bring both view points in your reports.

Of course - DC has been my main class for the past 9 months, I know what's up. My main 'job' is to put what's on the forums into a post for the devs, so there is a limit onto how much I can stress what is right or wrong with the class in peoples' posts - so we can encourage more clerics to come on the forums and post, especially now that we have this opportunity to see what happens with these class advocates.

In a post like this one from a few days ago, the OP is not the most knowledgeable on the class. 23k HP in PvP is ridiculously low, and plenty of other clerics jumped in to correct him, which is what a message of mine would stress. With the number of well versed players such as those, I don't think we have to worry much.

~Syndra
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    It makes sense, if we start posting opinions or feedback on changes, it puts us in a weird spot. With the big DC changes coming soon, I know I will be on preview along with my guild testing stuff, but it might be weird for me to post about the balance when I have the advocate position.

I understand.

I just think they were a little vague in what the position exactly does and this just made it much more clear to me what they were trying to accomplish.

In a post like this one from a few days ago, the OP is not the most knowledgeable on the class. 23k HP in PvP is ridiculously low, and plenty of other clerics jumped in to correct him, which is what a message of mine would stress. With the number of well versed players such as those, I don't think we have to worry much.

~Syndra

I like you already. Congrats clerics of neverwinter! Your class advocate isn't a casual!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    wrong thread
    Venril Sathir- CW
    Venril- SW
    Lurch- GF
    Mini Ven- DC
  • Options
    clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    raist724 wrote: »
    Most of the active DC actually playin the game and not the forums joke and laugh at this forum section.

I am curious how many active clerics there are in your opinion, because unless there are no more than 100, it is impossible for anyone to make the ludicrous claim they know what the opinions of most clerics are. Did you speak with every guild that has clerics, also lets not forget all the non English speaking players, you managed to speak to them as well ?
  • Options
    edited October 2014

~Syndra

The devs face a backlash from classes that don't feel they're properly represented if indeed the other advocates remain "secret" and much whining and crying will follow. Of course the cleric and SW class forums will be fine because at least we know for sure we have someone in the trenches for us.
    Venril Sathir- CW
    Venril- SW
    Lurch- GF
    Mini Ven- DC
  • Options
    chihuabchihuab Member Posts: 71
    edited October 2014
    I'm glad that Syndra got the position and not someone like x1101011x who is delusional and inexperienced.
  • Options
    godhricgodhric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 437 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    But he's in mathematics Ph. D. program!! :(

Lol seriously, he might've been only describing what he's experienced... just like all of us here did.. I see nothing wrong in that view alone.. But not taking constructive input is his loss tho...
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    The devs face a backlash from classes that don't feel they're properly represented if indeed the other advocates remain "secret" and much whining and crying will follow. Of course the cleric and SW class forums will be fine because at least we know for sure we have someone in the trenches for us.

Well we don't know anything about the SW class advocate (guild, PVE accomplishments, PVP accomplishments) etc to be able to have confidence in him to appropriately weed out troll advises from newbies who don't know how to play. I will withhold my judgement on him.
  • Options
    arcanaxearcanaxe Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's not always possible to get feedback from all the clerics, what would be a nice idea is how to get this done.

What I'm suggesting is to create an idea/event so that you can ascertain as much information as possible from the player base. Get a foundation going as to how the DC class can talk to you, I'm not just talking about PM, I'm talking more intense discussion with the DC community.

EG, create a DC channel where we can discuss things and then from there invite other DC to join the channel so on etc.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    arcanaxe wrote: »
    EG, create a DC channel where we can discuss things and then from there invite other DC to join the channel so on etc.

Since you are proposing having to invite each cleric to a custom channel, why not just invite them to this sub-forum? It is the same work.
  • Options
    arcanaxearcanaxe Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Not everybody reads the forums, that is why I'm suggestion some additional method of gathering and sharing ideas and experience, the more channel/sub forums (communication channels we have the better).
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    arcanaxe wrote: »
    Not everybody reads the forums, that is why I'm suggestion some additional method of gathering and sharing ideas and experience, the more channel/sub forums (communication channels we have the better).

Less people would know about a specific subchannel than a forum. You can create a subchannel just for the heck of it, but I think it should eventually redirect to this forum as this is still the best and most accessible method among all.

The threads are saved for everyone to see at their own time.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Less people would know about a specific subchannel than a forum. You can create a subchannel just for the heck of it, but I think it should eventually redirect to this forum as this is still the best and most accessible method among all.

The threads are saved for everyone to see at their own time.

+ when Discussions happen here, I can read back over it to include in dev mails :) Quoting text from in-game isn't as fun to do, and I'm not gonna always be online.