test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GWF feat : Intimdation OP / Wrong calculation

lcwwpyjhjslcwwpyjhjs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PvE Discussion
This is done on a target of 35% damage resistance / 18% tenacity.

My own stat is Perfect vorpal with 22% + 14% resistance ignored with 7.4k power with threatening rush at will + feated powerful challenge.

Result is below :

fkBninP.png

HGUVv7A.png

I believe a feat should not be dealing that much damage as in 8-9k non critical and 17-20k critical.

comment as below thank you. :rolleyes:

Searching for game designer#
Post edited by lcwwpyjhjs on

Comments

• notsheriffsrsnotsheriffsrs Banned Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Please kindly close your browser and log off.

Sentinels FINALLY have some damage and you're trying to ruin it?

I'll remain calm and polite and keep it constructive... for now.

Sentienls literally had no damage, I was tired of playing mine. Now this feat brought back the joy again, WE FINALLY HAVE SOME DAMAGE!!! even with the long cooldown idc.

DO NOT CHANGE IT!
  • lcwwpyjhjslcwwpyjhjs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Please kindly close your browser and log off.

Sentinels FINALLY have some damage and you're trying to ruin it?

I'll remain calm and polite and keep it constructive... for now.

Sentienls literally had no damage, I was tired of playing mine. Now this feat brought back the joy again, WE FINALLY HAVE SOME DAMAGE!!! even with the long cooldown idc.

DO NOT CHANGE IT!

So you want a 80% damage resistance with a 20k cri AOE feat on 2 encounter skill?
    Sarcasm#
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    cw player: check

roar complain: check.

ah, ok.
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lcwwpyjhjs wrote: »
    This is done on a target of 35% damage resistance / 18% tenacity.

My own stat is Perfect vorpal with 22% + 14% resistance ignored with 7.4k power with threatening rush at will + feated powerful challenge.

Result is below :

fkBninP.png

HGUVv7A.png

I believe a feat should not be dealing that much damage as in 8-9k non critical and 17-20k critical.

comment as below thank you. :rolleyes:

Searching for game designer#

There's nothing wrong with damage calculation. The damage is simply affected by all the damage modifiers. It can also be deflected, resisted and etc. Not to mention the cooldowns are severe.

Oh and please, cut that 80% dr ZOMG!!! <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Unstoppable for sentinels takes forever to fill and it only lasts several seconds. If you can't stop using encounters on them while they're CCd then the problem is with you. Seriously.

This was a long needed change for sentinels that takes them towards the off-tank role (where they're not at yet). Note that it requires lots of power to keep the damage decent, meaning a big loss of defensive stats.
  • dante126pldante126pl Banned Users Posts: 257 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    the dmg is calculated corectly it benefit from every damage modifers - str/debuffs/buffs/power dmg bonus/trample/powerfull chalange etc.
  • neverknight5neverknight5 Member Posts: 79
    edited October 2014
    There is not much need for this thread, sentinels lost their throne a long time ago. It belongs to the wizard now, I think sentinels are fine at least they don't hit like beasts anymore and they are hard to take down, that's how it should be. That feat is fine, sentinels need damage you know, I feel your asking for unnecessary nerfs.
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I'd say this kind of damage should belong to Destroyer.

The amount of damage is okay since I shove an Ice Knife of 15k in some people.
    (´・ ω ・`)
    edited October 2014
    hefisdo wrote: »

y lets move that feat to destroyer tree.
    edited October 2014
    dante126pl wrote: »
    the dmg is calculated corectly it benefit from every damage modifers - str/debuffs/buffs/power dmg bonus/trample/powerfull chalange etc.

iam really stupid. this is the old bleed! hahahah. of COURSE this is not a bug. in the past can be, now is renewal.
    edited October 2014
    hefisdo wrote: »

Destroyers can hit much harder but the problem is with the CAN, which is hard to achieve in pvp. They need a ton of stacks to reach their damage capstone, while sentinel needs only mark. However, I believe rhe problem is with Destroyers, not Sentinels. I quite like where sentinel stands now in PvE. A true off-tank.
  • adamy2004adamy2004 Member Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    zvieris wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with damage calculation. The damage is simply affected by all the damage modifiers. It can also be deflected, resisted and etc. Not to mention the cooldowns are severe.

Oh and please, cut that 80% dr ZOMG!!! <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Unstoppable for sentinels takes forever to fill and it only lasts several seconds. If you can't stop using encounters on them while they're CCd then the problem is with you. Seriously.

This was a long needed change for sentinels that takes them towards the off-tank role (where they're not at yet). Note that it requires lots of power to keep the damage decent, meaning a big loss of defensive stats.
    Unstoppable for sentinels takes forever to fill and it only lasts several seconds.

The legendary gwf artifact wep gives 20% more determination from damage taken, and 8% reduced incoming damage.

The whole purpose of the changes in mod4 was to make a utility spec (instigator) dps spec (destroyer) and a tank spec (sentinel) giving the sentinel tree this, completely destroys what they were trying to achieve in module 4. its literally like having 2 extra Indomitable battle strikes, but they are ALSO AOE, and they Also can hit much harder than IBS. with 35% DR 19% tenacity 44k HP, ive been literally 2shot when a Gwf activates the encounters Come and Get it and Daring shout (the 2 encounters intimidation procs off of)
    Don't waste my time.
    edited October 2014
    now a interesting information. that is my post yesterday.

"[Combat (Self)] Your Intimidation deals 9399 (10622) Physical Damage to Huntmaster.

lvl 28 enemy... no more fake damages, ok? fix the gwf damage."

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?769441-Tyranny-of-Dragons-Preview-Patch-Notes-NW-25-20140923a-5/page12

is not the same mitigation standard of this pvp guy?

or this feet give less damage against normal enemies and more agains players or, you know...
    edited October 2014
    adamy2004 wrote: »
    The legendary gwf artifact wep gives 20% more determination from damage taken, and 8% reduced incoming damage.

after use reaping strike. REAPING STRIKE. my goooooooooooooooooooooood god.
    edited October 2014

The whole purpose of the changes in mod4 was to make a utility spec (instigator) dps spec (destroyer) and a tank spec (sentinel) giving the sentinel tree this, completely destroys what they were trying to achieve in module 4. its literally like having 2 extra Indomitable battle strikes, but they are ALSO AOE, and they Also can hit much harder than IBS. with 35% DR 19% tenacity 44k HP, ive been literally 2shot when a Gwf activates the encounters Come and Get it and Daring shout (the 2 encounters intimidation procs off of)
    for 5 seconds after using REAPING STRIKE that nobody does use.
    edited October 2014

Nope, not tank spec. Off-tank. There's a difference. Offtank's role is taking care of the adds. For that he needs mediocre damage and mediocre survivability. And with this feat they do it perfectly. Destroyer still does much higher damage in both single and aoe damage over time. Sentinel only has 2 aoe burst encounters with extremely long cooldown and then he's a sitting duck/running when on cooldown. Sentinel's at-wills and dailies do hillarious damage.

Besides, you got "literally" 2shot by a gwf. Huh, cool. I get one shot by CWs. Let's talk about that.
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Guys, relax, it's going to be nerfed as soon as the PvP players complain about it, doesn't matter if it's good or bad for the class, while it's working simply enjoy it. It's the same history again and again everytime that a feat/encounter is fixed *cough* broken *cough*. Probably, they will just reduce the power down to 25% / 30% or make it non crit like Deep Gash.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • adamy2004adamy2004 Member Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    zacazu wrote: »
    now a interesting information. that is my post yesterday.

"[Combat (Self)] Your Intimidation deals 9399 (10622) Physical Damage to Huntmaster.

lvl 28 enemy... no more fake damages, ok? fix the gwf damage."

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?769441-Tyranny-of-Dragons-Preview-Patch-Notes-NW-25-20140923a-5/page12

is not the same mitigation standard of this pvp guy?

or this feet give less damage against normal enemies and more agains players or, you know...

http://imgur.com/gXqNwCD

Theres the real damage on REAL pvp characters with maxed out gear, and you left out the fact that it can CRIT and crit damage can be effected by vorpal + elixirs and other buffs.
    Don't waste my time.
    edited October 2014

Theres the real damage on REAL pvp characters with maxed out gear, and you left out the fact that it can CRIT and crit damage can be effected by vorpal + elixirs and other buffs.

1 - I I analyzed the screenshot in question. beats precisely with my log.

2 - my sentence has a conditional. or A or B. being A, swallow your anger and do not confuse me with you. iam the FIRST to post a screenshot about the potential of this damage in this forum.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?692681-Official-Feedback-Thread-Great-Weapon-Fighter-Changes/page104

moral lessons to cw player... what is the next?
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Should not crit probably. Like deep gash. That's the problem i see. Imho the crit is not wai.
    edited October 2014
    or give half damage against players... but the point is that is a big rework (sentinel now is a tank/aoe burst).

need see first the real impact in pve and pvp.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    More GWFs in PVP will mean HRs get indirectly buffed!
    edited October 2014
    pando83 wrote: »
    Should not crit probably. Like deep gash. That's the problem i see. Imho the crit is not wai.

The patch note regarding Intimidation clearly stated that the damage is affected by crit. That is WAI.
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    lol who the fk use reaping strike? the DR bonus and determination gain only affects you AFTER you use reaping strike.
    edited October 2014
    by the way.

Your Intimidation deals 7772 (9274) Physical Damage to Scourge.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Intimidation deals 19939 (23293) Physical Damage to Ustilagor.

this feet is 100% fake. the name of topic proceed. i change to iv for nothing. good against dummies and over debuffed players.

new:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Intimidation deals 13594 (19310) Physical Damage to Ustilagor.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Intimidation deals 30272 (43001) Physical Damage to Ustilagor.

the damage up, the gap too.
  • ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014

so please, don't be a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and downplay this feat

I dont think i;ve hit that hard till now, my hardest hit was around 10k with cagi , but truth is i havent paid too much attention, depends i guess on the buffs/debuffs that are on the target. They should look into that cause 40k dmg from an aoe with a huge area is not rly a nice thing plus i was doing just fine with how it was before.
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well, considering that there's a class feature named Storm Spell which does 34% of the total dmg of a CW, almost twice the damage done by the following encounter/daily and that seems to be ok for them, maybe this won't get a fix. :D
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    they should take away the crit and add 100% of power as dmg, twice as much initial threat and intimidated to give 100% more threat, that would make everyone happy (pvp and pve).
  • aderonzaderonz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It is WAI, people complained before that it couldn't be mitigated or dodged and now that is affected by all modifiers more complaints around, the problem is not teh feat itself , it's damage scales from STR and on marked targets. I dont think it is OP at all just look at the CDs and how simple it is to dodge in PVP
    edited October 2014
    froszzt wrote: »
    40k AOE from feat? Surely you must be mentally ill to defend such a thing ..

Xartan the great, lol. Classic no brain GWF that puts in some money, googles FotM GWF builds and just pushes a button to one or two hit everyone. "Uuuh I'm so good"

If you kill people by a simple push of a button, how can you imagine yourself as being good? I'm pretty sure my mother would be a good GWF, I have seen her push a button on a keyboard before :D

So what if it's a feat? You do realize that daring shout and come and get it has no base damage without the feat? And come on, 40k if both hits crit on a marked squishy (35% dr is nothing against a GWF) while having rather great power stat for PvP (~8k power is rare on sentinels)? I see CWs, SWs, HRs melting much stronger opponents in a matter of seconds without taking any risks at all.
  • truescramblestruescrambles Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Guys, relax, it's going to be nerfed as soon as the PvP players complain about it.

Which did not take long at all.