test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AZRAEL's AZ Build(Anti-Zerg)full reflect PVP/Open PVP Guardian Fighter Mod 4 build

Comments

• azrael778azrael778 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ok, I used Cockatrice and I'm trying to get my Ice Black gear to use Glyphs, but we must admit those are broken mechanics, I still play here basically because I've spent a lot of time (and some money) on this game and I like the combat mechanic...

Also, you play here since beta... then you must know by first hand how frustrating is when Devs change some classes so much that we can't even speak about consistency of their own rules, ending in a lot of guides and tutorials about builds that become obsolete in 3~4 months (your own build is likely to follow the same destiny), so I think you shouldn't speak like if everything is OK on this game and we shouldn't complain.

Thanks for dropping by and for your comment mate I appreciate very much. Yes you are right in saying the delves made a lot of inconsistencies towards the game. It's true but Im not the the type of gamer that complains a lot on a game that I truly love. I accept the changes as it is and find ways to adapt to those constant changes to the game.Yes its quite frustrating that after mod 1 GFs were not the favored one especially in pve. Its been so long man since GF were neglected by the delves. Mod 4 was a saving grace.Also, its quite possible that this guide will become obsolete in the coming months because like any other online game, it constantly changes. I may or may not update this guide but who knows.

Its everyones right to to speak their mind and complain if they feel like it. I dont hold a grudge on those. I am simply explaining to some players that in my opinion, didnt get the point of the whole build itself (which is the DC artifact +Steel defense + briar +guarded assault combo) This thread was misaligned and diverted the discussion on glyphs and cockratice. yes I know its a sensitive topic right now but I had to touch all aspects of the game since it is an intended guide.

I made the build public in an intention to help players know more about GF and its mechanics...weapons and armor enchants to help them decide which one to invest in and not waste money. This is so true in getting companions. How many of us had the trouble of getting a companion to epic spending millions of ads and then realizing the other comapanion is better for your type of build. Me , I bought 4 tyrpes of ioun stones and turned it to epic then realizing after all the time and ad spent , I ended up using the free one(Ioun stone of radiance) now, those 3 ioun stones are just sitting on my idle companion slot. Same also with enchantments , you try so hard to upgrade azures or silvery enchantments to rank 10 then ending up trading it or selling it in ah on lower value since you will be only using radiants and and darks. the purpose of the thread is not to show-off... it was never the intention. the sole purpose of the build is to provide players if they want to play a GF some point of consideration since the last build that is available was from the great DK Candy and others posted on the GF guides which is mod 1 to mod 2 build which I think needs to be updated too. Thanks
    edited September 2014
    dfnce wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing your experience Azrael.

What is your opionion, without KV can GF be viable? In your case, it is SoS/KV-centric.

Thank you for your question @dfnce

Yes I think its still viable. If you would go back to the build under encounters class feats and at wills there are 2 types of rotations I mentioned.you just need to slot the right class feats and encounters. If the fight is not so zerg heavy or youre up againts a premade team that knows you are a reflect build tank, I change my encounters to Anvil of doom, Bull Charge and Lunging Strike. and slot class feat shield talent (so your shield drains longer) and guarded assault (to maintain decent reflect damage) Seasoned players knows that once you pop SOS they will not hit you and just run around in circles until your SOS wears off.You counter this tactic by being aggressive at this point and attack him continously so that you will activate iron guard protector feat that reduces his damage by 5% with maximum damage debuff of 20% so when he decides to hit you it is not so damaging plus you will still reflect 4% from Briar and another 7% damage coming from guarded assault plus the 15% that stacks 3 times debuff damage of your plaguefire. So as you can see the synergy of these coupled with the 5% damage debuff of the rust effect of rust monster that stacks 3 times plus your Galeb duhr which is 10% damage based on the damage youve taken, You will be in an advantage since you are tankier able to outlast him with high HP, defense ,deflect and regeneration you chose on the feat tree and the purified set bonuses. Your opponent will think twice before he goes head to head again with you.
    edited September 2014
    dfnce wrote: »

1. What is your opionion of Fire Archon and Badger companions instead of these two ?
    2. Does Rust monster provide team-wide debuf?

Ive used Fire archon before on mod 3 played and tested it with a couple of builds and I find it good also especially with anvil of doom but I believe that it would work better if you are a conqueror build.Since this build is a protector build, the rings ive used on my ioun stone if you have noticed focused on defense and deflect and all my defense slots are slotted with Rad 10s for max HP. If you like playing a DPS tank you should consider the right aspects of the mechanics of the GF like opting to use combat superiority class feat instead of shield defense ,choosing conqueror path ,placing points on heroic and feats that focus on offense rather than defense and more offense slot rings and neck that has power,crit and arpen stats and the right armor set. But do take note that once you choose to go DPS, you will need to sacrifice some of your tankiness.I think the developers of the game made so that each path has the right set of companions ,feats, armor sets and enchants so that every class can be versatile and will cater to your own playstyle.

The choice of companions that I posted was based on debuff /buff (rust monster & Galeb duhr) and survivability (pig and cockratice)
    which is the intention of the build itself from the start. The choice of feats,armor and weapon enchants, class feats encounters all working together in synergy to attain it goals.

Good question on the rust monster, to be honest I havent noticed. will get back to you on that once I go back to the game. Im just out of town right now

Thanks
  • arinathosarinathos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I can't even fathom how you kill something like this build... :)

I think this is a great build... I've specced into a conqueror build, but trying to play the DPS game with a GF is a losing proposition. How much damage does the "azrael' build actually do with the low crit chance?

The only other detail I might harp upon is that I can only imagine how much grinding/real-world money you'd need to spec this build, with 3 legendary artifacts, rank 10 enchants, and a legendary artifact weapon. I'm on lvl 48 of an Audacity longsword, and it's discouraging to think that the number of points required to go from 51-60 is equal to all of the points I've spent from 0-50. Most people won't have the resources or time to spec something so grand... but I'm sure glad you did to show us the possibilities!!!
  • lvl99looterlvl99looter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This is why I'm not posting my build lol. When successful builds become popular, it gets nerfed xD!
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    As a GF, a build like this makes me fear for our future. I do not run the KV-SOS-Glyph lolbuild in PVP and pride myself in mauling the GFs that do so, but the increasing prevalence of such GFs will certainly lead to a nerf. Between the Glyphs and the AP gain when SOS-KV is active will only lead to drastic changes if Cryptic's track record is anything to go by. And if Cryptic's track record is anything to go by there is a strong chance that PVP-orientated changes will confine us to the gutter.

Nevertheless, it is an awesome build that is highly effective, but not something I'd do if I could and if I am honest, it isn't a PVP play style I advocate.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    azrael778 wrote: »
    Not to be sarcastic mate but whinning about cockratice?! really?!funny! :D It's open pvp mate! its anything goes! anyone who's able to get one will use one obviously. Im sorry if you failed to buy one when its was cheap like 40k ad when it came out at mod 3 and its not my problem. Simple solution is buy one for yourself or find a way to counter it with feats and other companions like top pvp players i know. I worked hard farming CN since mod 1 to buy all the stuff that im using so Im proud of what I have accomplished. If you want to pay to win, I dont see anything wrong with that too.Its your game you choose how to play it. but whinning on something that the game offers is hilarious.

To be honest its not as good for a GF to use cockratice since if you use SOS you will be perma root if the enemy uses one too. But its a case of "better to have one than nothing at all and have back at ya!" Why put yourself in a disadvantage if you can afford it and worked hard for it and plus the fact that the other side is using it too.

In case of IWD pvp 1v1, I dont know if you really do that but there is courtesy among players that you have to take it out. as a show of respect to the other player so both of you are will not be put in a disadvantage. Its an unspoken rule but always being followed.

Below is a nice example of an open PVP 30 vs 30 epic battle video that I recorded. I usually organize and lead my guild to wars everyday back in mod 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqmaW7Db7MU

Im using the same feats to counter the effect of the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Notice on the video that everytime I pop my SOS I am always perma root but I still manage to maintain my HP and survive.

So FOTM? I dont think so... I stand up to my build and the heart and soul is the DC artifact + Steel Defense combo that saved me numerous times in combat.

My build survived mod 3 at the time when the onslaught of the mighty GWF prone reigned supreme and GFs were a few what more on Mod 4 and I did not need no glyphs to do that.Just a clear understanding of the mechanics of the game and how it is supposed to be played. Good players dont whine on things... They work hard to adapt and survive.

But I appreciate your comments though. Because of your comment I was able to explain better how the build works. Thanks

If that is how open pvp works I know why Im not doing it. Its way too crowded. Also I wont diss you for using the DC artifact, I'll diss the Devs tho for making such a broken class item. Anyway, I believe a tank should be able to build in a way that makes him nearly invincible while sacrificing his damage potential in the process. Obviously your build covers the invincibility part and if your damage output is very low ( 1-2K non crit Bulls kinda low ) it may even be balanced. If you add the Glyphs to the mix things go out of hand: invincible tank killing you passively. My own GF is a IV Conq and probably 'only' half as tanky as yours due to no SD, still Im @ 19.5K with 48K HP and he hits like a truck. So, while remaining quite hard to kill and having single target damage greater than a GWF I also reflect back alot ( SWs specifically need to stop hitting the shield, you guys are killing yourselves pretty much ) and If I add the 2 glyph procs to the mix, it = a broken game. Something needs to and will change in the aforementioned mix, I just hope its not the core GF powerset. A nerf right after the buff will be quite unfortunate
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Isn't a Smith a good choice for a companion?
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

edited September 2014
    thestaggy wrote: »
    As a GF, a build like this makes me fear for our future. I do not run the KV-SOS-Glyph lolbuild in PVP and pride myself in mauling the GFs that do so, but the increasing prevalence of such GFs will certainly lead to a nerf. Between the Glyphs and the AP gain when SOS-KV is active will only lead to drastic changes if Cryptic's track record is anything to go by. And if Cryptic's track record is anything to go by there is a strong chance that PVP-orientated changes will confine us to the gutter.

Nevertheless, it is an awesome build that is highly effective, but not something I'd do if I could and if I am honest, it isn't a PVP play style I advocate.

Thanks for your comment mate. Maybe your right... maybe I stumbled on something that wasnt meant to be found. After all, We GF's just got a buff in terms of the shield mechanics. I recently tested it again in Gauntlgrym PVP, just to see how will it fair without a Glyph and KV combo. I just slotted a Purified black ice in the overslot and used Into the fray + Iron Warrior+ Bull Charge encounters Shield Talent and Steel Defense on class feats.

What Ive noticed is that it made the build more tankier ( 0 deaths ) even though there were 8-10 enemies contesting the node.

GGpvpscore1_zps0d989ac4.jpg

Whats mind boggling is that Threat seems to be a factor on how GF's get damage bonus or additional damage.Into the fray converts 25% your damage resistance to increased damage and Iron Warrior gives 300% more threat. It seems that it is the same effect as KV in terms of threat generation and its correlation( if there's any) to GF bonus damage when you pop Bull Charge. Please note that this is not confirmed and I would like to know more if there is really a correlation between the two.Also, it seems that the higher you generate threat the more chances that you have critical attacks(again not confirmed)

Ive been researching on threat mechanics on PVP but it seems that there wasn't any available. Will test some more maybe I just got lucky on those previous fights.
    edited October 2014
    arinathos wrote: »
    I can't even fathom how you kill something like this build... :)

I think this is a great build... I've specced into a conqueror build, but trying to play the DPS game with a GF is a losing proposition. How much damage does the "azrael' build actually do with the low crit chance?

The only other detail I might harp upon is that I can only imagine how much grinding/real-world money you'd need to spec this build, with 3 legendary artifacts, rank 10 enchants, and a legendary artifact weapon. I'm on lvl 48 of an Audacity longsword, and it's discouraging to think that the number of points required to go from 51-60 is equal to all of the points I've spent from 0-50. Most people won't have the resources or time to spec something so grand... but I'm sure glad you did to show us the possibilities!!!

Thanks @arinothos!

Gf's has a very low chance on crits and has one of the classes with very long encounters. The rationale is that instead of putting points on crits, might as well buff up arpen and power for solid burst damage as its secondary artillery which GFs are really into. Dont get me wrong there is a build conq spec that can really crit well and it works also but as I explained before , you need to sacrifice your tankiness. The build is designed for you to have a very high ap gain for you to use SOS most of the time, Tankiness for you to hold on to the fight and be able to ido decent amount of damage on your encounters.

Dont be discouraged if you dont crit that much,your reflective damage is your primary weapon and you can still be a top killer even without so much crit as seen below and its very hard for them to kill you.

azmod4pvp_zps316eb9a2.png

With regards to grinding to get rank 10s and making legendary belts and weapons. Its a little hard at first but once you have around 5-7 million ads you can start to play at the AH prices (which is better now than grinding CN) just remember to buy low and sell high.With a little bit of know how youll get your stuff in no time mate.
  • ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Glyphs again? I already explained the build to you on the previous reply. Again the build is not glyph dependent.watch the video again if you please

Your entire build is based off glyphs, it does 0 damage otherwise and is entirely useless without them, at least against players who know what they're doing. Pugs are irrelevant. This build takes 0 skill to use and anyone who claims it does should try go play something that /does/ take skill.

Also Cockatrice, glyphs and KV are still broken cheese mechanics in this game. AP generation of KV is over the top, glyphs are cheese and so is cockatrice. Of course it's the player's choice to use them, but I still wish Cryptic/PWE didn't introduce said things into the game in the first place so people can't abuse. Same goes for CW Storm Spell + Assailant and HR Piercing Blade, amongst other things.
    edited October 2014
    ralexinor wrote: »
    Your entire build is based off glyphs, it does 0 damage otherwise and is entirely useless without them, at least against players who know what they're doing. Pugs are irrelevant. This build takes 0 skill to use and anyone who claims it does should try go play something that /does/ take skill.

Also Cockatrice, glyphs and KV are still broken cheese mechanics in this game. AP generation of KV is over the top, glyphs are cheese and so is cockatrice. Of course it's the player's choice to use them, but I still wish Cryptic/PWE didn't introduce said things into the game in the first place so people can't abuse. Same goes for CW Storm Spell + Assailant and HR Piercing Blade, amongst other things.

OK, another one of those glyph+ cockratice hater :D. Is there a problem reading what the build is all about? Honestly, reading and understanding is really a virtue nowadays very funny. Please read and understand before you jump into conclusions. you are old enough to play the game and I think you are old enough to to understand and not jump into the gun.

But to parry words with you.On the example I've given, So youre saying the GG pvp is irrelevant?Ive given you example(screenshot) already and tested it without using glyphs and companions (cockratice since its Gautlgrym PVP) and still manage to do decent kills and zero death and yet you still bring about the topic on glyphs? Im sorry to tell you but the Glyphs issue on this thread is already "moot and academic" since I already pointed and answered it on previous replies.

And for you to say that people using this kind of high AP gain+ Reflect build has 0 skill? Youre completely wrong... It takes true skill to kill a build like this... since you are complaining about it, I bet you cant kill one... so who has 0 skill now? :D

I know a lot of top pvp players friends who knows how to counter such build (and I wont tell you how :D ) If you are smart enough in reading the thread maybe you'll understand.

and... Good day to you too
  • mour76mour76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Unfortunately, this build, with the last patch will be seriously nerfed because of:

1) Sos doesn't build up AP and the damage will be nerfed to a point that will be useless to slot.
    2) AP generation of KV seriously nerfed to point that will not be noticeable.
    3) Glyphs will be garbage for GF because will not proc from reflective damage

gf will not slot Sos at all in PVE and in pvp too, because Villain menace will be better, and the AP generation nerf of KV will hurt in pve too.

At this point, imho, i think will be better to remove KV entirely and make marked target to deal 50% riduction damage to allies and the mark last for 20 secs.

The HR can enjoy the pvp crown.
  • ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
  • ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    OK, another one of those glyph+ cockratice hater :D. Is there a problem reading what the build is all about? Honestly, reading and understanding is really a virtue nowadays very funny. Please read and understand before you jump into conclusions. you are old enough to play the game and I think you are old enough to to understand and not jump into the gun.

But to parry words with you.On the example I've given, So youre saying the GG pvp is irrelevant?Ive given you example(screenshot) already and tested it without using glyphs and companions (cockratice since its Gautlgrym PVP) and still manage to do decent kills and zero death and yet you still bring about the topic on glyphs? Im sorry to tell you but the Glyphs issue on this thread is already "moot and academic" since I already pointed and answered it on previous replies.

And for you to say that people using this kind of high AP gain+ Reflect build has 0 skill? Youre completely wrong... It takes true skill to kill a build like this... since you are complaining about it, I bet you cant kill one... so who has 0 skill now? :D

I know a lot of top pvp players friends who knows how to counter such build (and I wont tell you how :D ) If you are smart enough in reading the thread maybe you'll understand.

and... Good day to you too

I've fought this guy several times. He's not a threat, simply just annoying and a lagbot. Also all GG PvP is is a horse race and zergs.
  • mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This build can go dig itself its own grave. Goodbye perma SoS you will be gladly missed.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    To the dead builds grave with this cheap cheezy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Just as predicted. About one week lifetime, GG lol.
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    mfgamesys wrote: »
    This build can go dig itself its own grave. Goodbye perma SoS you will be gladly missed.

In PVP yes, in PVE no. I built a Tactician for the express purpose of being a punching bag in CN and VT. Doesn't look so good anymore. Looks downright useless now.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The point of tactician is yes ap gain from being hit without block but also boosting your parties ap gain as well.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
    edited October 2014
    To the dead builds grave with this cheap cheezy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Just as predicted. About one week lifetime, GG lol.

Awww sorry to dissapoint you mate.... but somehow the one that you thought was "dead" and 0 skill build managed to still have fun in PVP after the nerf.lol

pvpleaderboard_zps7dd5dccc.png

I will update the build later today :D

And oh by the way magiquepurse and ortzhy, you have something to whine about again after the red glyph fix....

It still procs when it takes damage and still gives 800 arpen so SOS still hurts on this build.The aspect of flames' fire damage of 600 procs when I use my at will and offensive encounter( which is just right Im glad about it) I may not be doing 15 sec damage immunity now but this build can still do 10 seconds damage immunity because oh High AP gain + DC artifact which is still good. It still needs 2-3 players or a very OP skilled player to kill it.

All in all I welcome the changes in the GF. and I believe it is just fair to even out the playing field.
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Awww sorry to dissapoint you mate.... but somehow the one that you thought was "dead" and 0 skill build managed to still have fun in PVP after the nerf.lol

Umm, besides Hard&Smart and (I am being generous here) Nikkysyns all are pugs in that picture.

zzz, boasting about killing pugs lol. They probably don't even understand what SOS is.

BTW we're not whining, we're just cheering at this build slowly going to disappear&die.

Next in line: glyphs balance.
    edited October 2014

Umm, besides Hard&Smart and (I am being generous here) Nikkysyns all are pugs in that picture.

zzz, boasting about killing pugs lol. They probably don't even understand what SOS is.

BTW we're not whining, we're just cheering at this build slowly going to disappear&die.

Next in line: glyphs balance.

LOL. You hated this build that much do ya? I sorry to ruin your day mate. I never knew it has so much impact on you that you even blame the build for the recent nerf of SOS which you replied on a different thread.... what a shame.and I quote:
    If so many of you GFs would have not use the lamearse cheez KV/permadaily/glyphs combo, maybe SoS would have remained untouched.

The fact that so many of you proudly jumped the bandwagon (see the local "antizerg" lol"build"), made sure that the devs will notice how broken the combo is and overnerf it.

GG.

As I said, Im not the type of person to brag. Im just making a point since you said the build is FOTM & useless now because of the recent nerf nothing more. I am also not the type of person who whines at changes. I just find a way to go around it and adapt which is the most reasonable thing to do in an ever evolving MMO game. You dont really expect me to roll down and die that easy do ya?

Anyways, I noticed that the thread is now becoming an "Argumentum Ad hominem" which criticizes the person/author with suppositions rather than pointing out relevant questions on it merits about the build on how it supposed to work/not work. Pages 2 to 5 was just all about answering your gripes on glyps,and cockratice which is not the core of the build. Never did you or orthzy questioned the heorics and its feats. Being so quickly to jump the gun and assumes that the build is useless and dead.You didnt even debunk or disprove how the DC artifact +SOS+ Steel Defense combo of a reflect GF.So if you guys dont have anymore pertinent questions regarding the build itself, better go vent your frustations elsewere. Because all I see with your comments are players who has neverending dissatisfaction towards the game which I truly love playing.

A reflect protector build GF is still a viable option after the nerf especially with the recent "bug" on GWF's newfound OP encounter (..... )which ignores a whole ton of defense and deflect... A high defense 10 second immunity to damage build might save your butt a number of times.Do contemplate on that.
    edited October 2014
    mour76 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, this build, with the last patch will be seriously nerfed because of:

1) Sos doesn't build up AP and the damage will be nerfed to a point that will be useless to slot.
    2) AP generation of KV seriously nerfed to point that will not be noticeable.
    3) Glyphs will be garbage for GF because will not proc from reflective damage

gf will not slot Sos at all in PVE and in pvp too, because Villain menace will be better, and the AP generation nerf of KV will hurt in pve too.

At this point, imho, i think will be better to remove KV entirely and make marked target to deal 50% riduction damage to allies and the mark last for 20 secs.

The HR can enjoy the pvp crown.

Thanks for your thoughts mate! I was testing it a while ago with regards to the glyphs especillay the red ones. which supposed to be
    Red Dragon Glyph:When dealing damage you have a 25% chance to gain Aspect of Flames for 20 seconds, granting 400/800 Armor Penetration and causing your damaging powers to deal 400/600 additional damage as Fire damage.

To my surprise it still procs everytime you take damage but the 400/600 only procs when you use your at wills and offensive encounters such as bull charge and lunging stike etc. I think the culprit is the fey thistle but im not 100% sure yet. will let you know my findings one I do a lot more testing. The SOS, yes correct it doesnt gain ap anymore but im not that worried since the DC artifact is quite handy and KV well yes you are correct again, doesnt generate ap that much anymore which I think its just a fair nerf to be honest.

again thanks
  • firstookamikazefirstookamikaze Member Posts: 48
    edited October 2014
    Don't you notify immunity should not be called like that anymore because in fact glyph and some other damages past trough it ?

Also you seem to love your DC artifact but remember you can't use it all the time and it's not so easy to got one for everybody playing GF.

So, I'm really curious to see you vs a 'valuable team' , could we expect you post a video soon ? Because i have really no hope a KV+SoS build will work now.
    edited October 2014
    Don't you notify immunity should not be called like that anymore because in fact glyph and some other damages past trough it ?

Also you seem to love your DC artifact but remember you can't use it all the time and it's not so easy to got one for everybody playing GF.

Thank you for that question mate Im glad you asked. Im my opinion there were pros and cons on the recent GF and glyph nerf. Cons would be that SOS doesnt generate ap anymore which @antmonster explicitly pointed out on his thread:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?770511-(Ant-Monster)-SoS-was-NOT-the-problem

He has very good arguments with regards to SOS.KV and glyphs were the culprit of the very unusual AP gain.I agree with him that SOS should not have been nerfed.

With regards to the DC artifact + steel defense vs glyphs, recent changes made it viable now and opened up a new window since glyphs' additional damage (for example the blue and red)does not proc like what it used to when it first came out.(I think it was proccing per every attack/damage at that time) When I tested it, yes it seems that the additional damage of glyphs ignores steel defense but other types of attacks such as encounters and dailies were nullified. So since you are a protector build which feats focuses more on defensive rather than offensive feats,most of the time you can survive and "tank it" if there 2 or more enemies zerging you since you have avoided most of their major attacks. That is the rationale of the build.

Yes, you cant use it all the time since the internal cooldown would be 120 seconds before you can use it but like any other class dailies and artifacts in the game or no matter how high geared you are if you dont effectively time it right, those would be useless.

Also, the reason why I chose the DC artifact was its stat bonus which gives additional 350 power (which you lack since your are a protector burst damage with no crit)350 defense(for being tanky) and most importantly the 450 incoming healing bonus which you need for your regeneration stats. Incoming healing bonus are one of those stats like crit severity that is hard to get. And with the recent tyranny of dragons last boon, Dragon's Revival that grants 10% increased incoming Healing.It conpensates the loss of the mainhand+offhand set bonus healing of the purified black ice which I previously use since I carry the legendary artifact sword now.

So if you would look one more time mate the choices I made from gears, feats and stats artifacts,no point were wasted and it actually focused on being a tank and its survivability and being able to deal decent amount of damage at the same time which is the build is all about. I know its not one of the popular build since it is a protector and most gfs goes conq spec, but I am just providing a different way to play a gf. In the end of the day, it really depends on your playstyle.Thanks
    edited October 2014

So, I'm really curious to see you vs a 'valuable team' , could we expect you post a video soon ? Because i have really no hope a KV+SoS build will work now.

Ill probably post a video once I fix my bandicam. Im having trouble with it so I prolly need to reinstall it. I will post something in the next couple of days. Although my guild and the alliance we have with other guilds are starting again the guild war OPVP in Ice Wind Dale next week and I would love to show you some videos so that we can encourage more players to have a friendly matches. :D Thanks!
  • kaleeskalees Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Im just wondering about one thing... is the Ioun stone of Radiance still obtainable? And how if it is?
    edited October 2014
    kalees wrote: »
    Im just wondering about one thing... is the Ioun stone of Radiance still obtainable? And how if it is?

I dont think its obtainable now since it was a promotion for zen transfer but if you cant get one you can use the Ioun Stone of might which is good too (especially if you are a halfling ) and u get 2% stamina regen. I chose the radiance since my race is human and need more deflect.

Thanks