test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So nothing new in the Challenge of the Gods event?l

empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
edited October 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I don't see anything new with the event. The gift looks to have the same loot as last year...yawn...

Edit: Realize I forgot to put something constructive here so here it is.

When there are recycled events can we please get at least one new shiny must have trinket to attain. It doesn't have to be a companion or something useful. Just something we can add to our collections of shiny useless trinkets.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    That event going on now? Didn't notice cause it's so bad.
  • Options
    ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    For an event that gives a random gift pack, those sure are some laaaame gifts...
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Hate, hate, hate RNG packages and that's the main attraction of this whole event....

More cloaks than you can burn n' wash, and a small chance to get an extra ardent coin is hardly worth the time.

All I'm looking forward to is the Halloween event.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    Hate, hate, hate RNG packages and that's the main attraction of this whole event....

More cloaks than you can burn n' wash, and a small chance to get an extra ardent coin is hardly worth the time.

All I'm looking forward to is the Halloween event.

TBH, I farmed the event the last time it came around and never got the cloak - which is what I was going for. Regardless, it's a lot less intrusive than others where you have to stop what you're doing to take part, (don't get me wrong, in certain cases, like Respen's game, I enjoyed that aspect a lot).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    What is annoying is when doing the one where you have to be below 50% health and someone comes along and heals you costing you the challenge. Had that happen 5 times already.
  • Options
    lortechlortech Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited October 2014
    It's basically an Ardent Coin farming event. You can buy stuff with those. Enchants drop pretty regularly too, so there's a lot of refining to be had or for low lvl characters.

I like the idea of random challenges, but it would be cool for a chance at something neat. Blue mount, says I.
    "One day I will leave this world and dream myself to reality"--Chief Crazy Horse

"Do what thou Whilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the Law, Love under Will."--Aleister Crowley
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lortech wrote: »
    It's basically an Ardent Coin farming event. You can buy stuff with those. Enchants drop pretty regularly too, so there's a lot of refining to be had or for low lvl characters.

I like the idea of random challenges, but it would be cool for a chance at something neat. Blue mount, says I.

They could have also gone the route of adding different tiers of items and chance boxes to the contact in PE - for instance, maybe 20 gifts could be traded in for a green astral deva, or 15 for a chance box with ardent coin items (BoE) as possible drops.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I like this event so far. Doesn't really hinder my normal daily routine. I like how frequently there is something going on in Neverwinter. It doesn't always have to be super epic awesome give me purplez time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    rhoric wrote: »
    What is annoying is when doing the one where you have to be below 50% health and someone comes along and heals you costing you the challenge. Had that happen 5 times already.

You don't need to even be healed, I aggroed 2 sets of mobs and my regen made me instantly fail. I didn't even attack. Great that they didn't sort that out after people brought it up last time. Rewards are pointless anyway. Last time it was interesting to get the rush to the angel, now angels have fallen in price so much.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Use 10 potions, get 4. Because Neverwinter brah.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I find the rewards from this event...obsolete.
  • Options
    silentraven72silentraven72 Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm still trying to get a cloak. I like the event (I use foundries for the most part), but it would be nice to see a few new challenges and items. I did find that the "below 50% health" challenges are almost impossible on a SW. Even if I strip my gear and do nothing, my soul puppet keeps hitting the mobs and that heals me! Kind of a catch 22. I have to kill stuff to get a challenge, but killing gets me a soul puppet. Don't get me wrong, I like him, but it would be nice if he could be dismissed or something for this type of event.
  • Options
    notsheriffsrsnotsheriffsrs Banned Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    lol I didn't notice tis event was on at all !!!

Proves how much importance I give to those these days.... :(
  • Options
    wick220wick220 Member Posts: 40
    edited October 2014
    I gathered up 11 gifts yesterday. From those 11 boxes I got each item that it can contain. I'm usually never this lucky.

I really like this event as it's just something for you to do while you do your thing.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    I find the rewards from this event...obsolete.

Still got like 50 from last event I did nothing with.
  • Options
    lilbyrdielilbyrdie Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    zshikara wrote: »
    I like this event so far. Doesn't really hinder my normal daily routine. I like how frequently there is something going on in Neverwinter. It doesn't always have to be super epic awesome give me purplez time.

^ This.

I come from the same angle. Not all of us were playing last year, so this even is new. I don't know the player stats, but it would be said if even a quarter of people playing had played this event before.

And, on another note, I opened a bunch of "GoG" boxes, and then sold a bunch. I think selling is more valuable at my level due ot the rank of the refinements. I've also decided that it's faster to just break the challenges that are too annoying. Another challenge will drop right away. You get a "no heal" right before boss? Just heal, kill something little, and start a new challenge.. if it's "use 10 encounters" you're all set... you would have anyway on that boss.

Point is: This event just a little something extra for doing what we're already doing. And that's nice. Given the length of it, I'll probably get more value out of it than the 2x refining weekend, but it's along those same lines. Just bonus stuff. Hard to complain.
  • Options
    lilbyrdielilbyrdie Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    criss11 wrote: »
    On the other side you can't get the mission to drink 10 potions specially in foundries, i think this is impossible due to the cooldown.I tried but i cant drink 10 HP potions in time..To long cooldown of the potions, if think this is a event mistake , it should be 5 potions not 10 hp pots.

But in my foundry u can get fast all the Challenge tasks done except for the "drink 10 potions" part.

There is no potion cooldown out of combat. So drink the smallest heal potions you have on you. 10x 1k heals and done in about 3 seconds. IMO, that's the easiest challenge available and it helps burn up useless-in-combat potions.
  • Options
    group5egroup5e Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I don't mind this event either to be honest. I also like that it doesn't disrupt my current routine. The rewards are very meh though...

Considering the cloak will clip on 75% of the players... its kind of useless :P
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lortech wrote: »

How do you get Ardent Coins from this event?
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I had forgotten how much I hate Corellon.
    Survive 30 seconds of combat while under half health.
    You will have 3 minutes to complete this challenge.
    If you heal to over 50% of your health or you leave combat once under 50% health, you will fail this challenge.

Sadistic elf god.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    if you do not like RNG at all you really shouldn't be playing a MMO.

however onto the event itself i like it, i usually do it during my minidungeons and when doing dragons. I get alot of refinement points and make killing mobs more interesting.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    The invocation item from the gift has an ardent coin.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I actually do like the event because most of the challenges are easy to do as part of normal play. So that part I like. Just would have liked something new.
  • Options
    naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    two30 wrote: »

Sadistic elf god.

Them's fighting words.

Also, Corellon's is like... One of the easiest. Find trash. Let trash beat you below 50%. Run around for 30 seconds until you succeed. Destroy trash. If you have Regen for some reason and can't get rid of it, find bigger <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to beat on you and run around less. Done. :D
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    two30 wrote: »

Sadistic elf god.

HAHA I just let some chump mobs beat me down near death and then run in circles, kiting the mobs, I can't attack for fear of my insane LS heals.
  • Options
    criss11criss11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Invocation Gift http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Invocation_Gift - by chance from opening those gift boxes http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Gift_of_the_Gods , but, u need to open a lot , i never got an ardent coin so far , only enchants, once a celestial dye bottle and once 2-3 potions..opened like ~20 gift boxes so far.
    I guess the chances on opening these boxes, are from up to down, purple to white , approx. 0.5% , 5% , 20% , 35%, 60%, etc..
    open beta player of some PWE games - north america launched versions:
    - PWI - November, 2008 (2 months after North-America-West Coast open beta)
    - Forsaken World - open beta
    - BOI - open beta
    - Star Trek Online - ftp January, 2012 and rank 14 STO Wiki contributor
    - Neverwinter open beta June, 2013

Daily Foundry "Canyon of the Dead" ( NW-DBPJYKMRE ) - dungeon
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    rhoric wrote: »

Try doing that with a Temptation Warlock. That is annoying...
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    dargrotdargrot Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ysil6969 wrote: »
    For an event that gives a random gift pack, those sure are some laaaame gifts...

^This. My friend and I did maybe 5-7 of them... then stopped doing them. I like the colored pillars, and I think something was introduced that gave my CW spells some added flare... I hope they keep that in the game. Added some pizzazz