test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So nothing new in the Challenge of the Gods event?l

2»

Comments

• rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hmmmmmm where in my post did I mention dungeon. Not once did I say I was in a dungeon. I was in Icewind Pass trying to do these challenges and when some annoying people would heal me. Cause of that I no longer even take the challenges for that.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    All I'm looking forward to is the Halloween event.

I feel sorry for you then , last years Halloween event was pretty tedious and it seem like the only change to the reward table is the companion .

RBYZvGS.jpg
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • literaryaceliteraryace Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    naicalus wrote: »
    Them's fighting words.

Also, Corellon's is like... One of the easiest. Find trash. Let trash beat you below 50%. Run around for 30 seconds until you succeed. Destroy trash. If you have Regen for some reason and can't get rid of it, find bigger <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to beat on you and run around less. Done. :D

Not easy for my cleric! She gets below 50%, and auto-heals back over with the next hit! It's so annoying, and I think it's the only Challenge she has left to do (the quest tracker shows under "Seeker of the Gods" she's at 10/11). Any advice to get this one? Maybe I need to go to IWD and aggro a few frost giants.

I wish there was a way to know which challenge you're missing. My DC and CW are both at 10/11, and I don't know which one I'm missing. (I'm slightly OCD, ok?)

This event I don't mind doing, it gives a little twist to the game. No dailies? No at wills? Sure!

I want the cloak though, still haven't gotten it. Plenty of potions, dyes, enchants...*sigh* Keep trying, I suppose :p
  • m1nuendm1nuend Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The event feels a bit arbitrary to me. It's not really difficult (okay, I can understand some classes I don't know well have some trouble with it, but the challenges themselves aren't designed to be challenging) and doing the challenges doesn't give me a feel of accomplishment or yay I got something. Tymora's gift made me feel a bit yay because they were a random, pleasant surprise in your face.

This is just do task x or y which is very easy but sometimes require you to spend more time doing what you are doing. For instance the beat enemies below 50% health. Standing there waiting to get beat before attacking. Which kinda makes you realize how tame the beasts of Sharandar are as they spend a lot of time just looking at you. Well, of course you could always pull more mobs at the time, but it's just so.. meaningless.

Also, I must say I find the spend 10 potions one a bit.. misplaced. Isn't that practically rewarding you for bad play as you intentionally have to take damage?

I obviously skip all the worst ones, but I do accomplish some of them because I'm a hoarder and I'm sure someday that one gift will be worth 5 million AD :)

Maybe they should do a hide and seek event, where the gift would randomly appear on the map in more secluded areas. Though, I guess that would basically be get people stuck in terrain event :p
    39275e2ac4.jpg
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    I feel sorry for you then , last years Halloween event was pretty tedious and it seem like the only change to the reward table is the companion .

It looked from the event description like they're adding permanent versions of all the masks. Not sure if that means the temporary ones will be removed.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia