100 sigils for a book?

2»

Comments

• Options
    scoutmasterjscoutmasterj Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    str8slayer wrote: »
    What? the books?

No, the books are never bound no matter where you get them.

I did mean the books. That's good news. For some, this might be a great way to make a couple million AD. Here's hoping the price drops to around a million a piece.
  • Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    adernath wrote: »
    Many drop rates are so low because they know that there are people who play 24/7 and are going to farm that stuff no matter how low the drop rate is. If the drop rates would be a bit higher, those players would flood the AH with the farmed stuff nonstop.

My suggestion:
    Make the drop rates based on the number of attempts during a certain period of time to obtain the drop. This percentage will get lower the more attempts someone is doing within a given period of time. In addition, show that percentage so that people dont attempt to farm the impossible. I am sure that this would make the game more attractive for more causal players.

Unfortuately that suggestion will probably not be implemented :)

Anything that limits players playing the game is a bad idea. I promise you more people would complain about this than are complaining about its current situation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    tearsoffeartearsoffear Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Dear whiners,
    in M1 we had unique items that could only be obtained by much luck - the BoP off-hand.
    in M2 we had the unique artifact drop, the Eye of Lathander, and we again had the BoP off-hand.
    in M3 we got the drops from beholders/rhemohaz; again BoP items

All these were unobtainable without much luck. A lot of players asked for a way to BUY - for whatever price - these items if RNG hates us.
    Now, we got the possibility, if we are unlucky, to grind our way WITH CERTAINTY to certain items that might just as well drop from a boss.
    Please, stop complaining if your calls for buy options are heeded!
    Yes, it is expensive. But it should not be available to be bought after a month, rather after several months of no luck in eLoL/eSoT.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Dear whiners,
    in M1 we had unique items that could only be obtained by much luck - the BoP off-hand.
    in M2 we had the unique artifact drop, the Eye of Lathander, and we again had the BoP off-hand.
    in M3 we got the drops from beholders/rhemohaz; again BoP items

All these were unobtainable without much luck. A lot of players asked for a way to BUY - for whatever price - these items if RNG hates us.
    Now, we got the possibility, if we are unlucky, to grind our way WITH CERTAINTY to certain items that might just as well drop from a boss.
    Please, stop complaining if your calls for buy options are heeded!
    Yes, it is expensive. But it should not be available to be bought after a month, rather after several months of no luck in eLoL/eSoT.

While it's good to have a non rng option (btw no boons have ever been gated with low rng drops). Games are meant to be fun. Little content since mod 1 is actually fun. And for the stuff that may be fun, is short lived by how unrewarding it is for the grind and all of the othe negatives of the other content.
  • Options
    sugarliessugarlies Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
    edited October 2014
    radiotubby wrote: »
    100 sigils are not that hard to get actually. The grind to unlock the boons are not much different than IceWind Dale. More complaints here probably because a lot of people use their sigils to get Dragon's Hoard enchantments.

Um. No. The grind is horrid. Because of the waiting. And waiting. And waiting. And waiting. And waiting. And waiting. And WAITING. And you have to do different things to circumvent the waiting. But in the end there's still a lot of waiting. All dragons in the farthest corners of the map (except ice one) and all the crappy waiting and WAITING. This is terrible terrible design. It's by far the worst thing I have ever come across in this game. I'm not sure there's one person who doesn't find this at least annoying.
  • Options
    sugarliessugarlies Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
    edited October 2014
    adernath wrote: »
    My suggestion:
    Make the drop rates based on the number of attempts during a certain period of time to obtain the drop. This percentage will get lower the more attempts someone is doing within a given period of time. In addition, show that percentage so that people dont attempt to farm the impossible. I am sure that this would make the game more attractive for more causal players.

It doesn't make a lot of sense to reward not playing and punish playing.
    What would make sense I think is having a low chance to start with for example 1%. Every run that chance increases. And it keeps increasing till you get it. Then the chance is reset to 1% again. So if you're real lucky, you get it really fast. If not, there's the promise you will get it at some point. This may seem like it doesn't fix a lot, but you'll get one for sure in 100 runs. And 100 runs go by faster than 100 daily craps. And you might even get lucky earlier. Say at 50% chance. Because as a casual player, you think - ok, so I have to do that waiting <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> at least 200 times. Or farm that dungeon / skirmish with no real shot at getting something there. And this way the dungeon / skirmish become the lesser choice and usually not even seen as a real choice.
  • Options
    tearsoffeartearsoffear Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    sugarlies wrote: »
    Um. No. The grind is horrid. Because of the waiting. And waiting. And waiting. And waiting. And waiting. And waiting. And WAITING. And you have to do different things to circumvent the waiting. But in the end there's still a lot of waiting. All dragons in the farthest corners of the map (except ice one) and all the crappy waiting and WAITING. This is terrible terrible design. It's by far the worst thing I have ever come across in this game. I'm not sure there's one person who doesn't find this at least annoying.
    Its a reason to put some $$$ into the game and buy a mount to get faster from A to B ... there is a reason for the design.
  • Options
    shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have epic mounts on all my toons and still i am sick and tired of this idiotic rushing through the map and waiting for the dragons to appear.
    And, hell, 11 dailies within 1 campaign required for progress - it is truly ridiculous. DR forced you to do 1 daily dungeon for simple progress. And if you wanted the unique Lathander, then - yes do other dailies...
    But ToD is just depressingly boring :(
  • Options
    radiotubbyradiotubby Member Posts: 36
    edited October 2014
    sugarlies wrote: »

Grinding is doing the same thing repeatedly. Waiting is simply doing nothing. Waiting is not grinding by any mean. There are always many things you can do both in and off the game, like browsing the internet, AH shopping or going to the bathroom. If you are one of those impatience ones, you can jump around and kill trash mobs to get more trash to feed to your artifacts, enchantments or artifact gear. Of course, you can also visit this forum during the wait.
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    shadevp wrote: »
    And, hell, 11 dailies within 1 campaign required for progress - it is truly ridiculous.
    ToD is just depressingly boring :(

When Sharandar campaign came out it was universally considered boring to the utmost. Who knows, maybe when the community sees the mod7 or mod8 campaign, this mod4 one will be considered, by comparison, enjoyable and fun.
  • Options
    shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I pretty much doubt that the em... community will go on playing such a game.
  • Options
    tbhdk2tbhdk2 Member Posts: 78
    edited October 2014
    For me this Mod has killed the fun of the game.

For a month or so I have found myself doing little but dailies - getting stressed - Not feeling like im doing this for fun and chilling any more.

Obviously it goes with that story that I tried to get 5 chars through the campaign from the start - later I changed that to 2 chars and maybe 2 more.

Today just the thought of doing this campaign puts me in a bad mood - even if you keep exiting every map with a timer over 6 minutes and go look for another - this still steals about an hour of you time to do all the dragons - common cause etc. And that is just on one alt.

So once you got more alts it's not only 40 days for the last boons. If you got an alt of say every class its 280 days, or play only this campaign for 40 days. Because you sure wont have time for anything else.
  • Options
    oggusperfectusoggusperfectus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I can only agree. this is the worst module cryptic has come up with.

- the last two boons are gated by RNG or awfully long wait/grind fest, when in previous modules they were just a matter of doing a few dailies each day, or in the worst case only do the weekly for a slower but steady pace, in order to unlock the boons.
    - the monsters are annoying for any "non OP" class. My GWF in blues faceroll them while my T2 decked out DC and my 16k GS TR painfully bash them until they finally die because they're either immune while sending out ice orb, transform if you don't have the dps to kill the little ones fast enough, or immobilize you if you don't move out. If you're one of the OP classes then you just ignore everything of the above and just kill them in one round of skills...
    Cryptic managed to make these monsters more annoying than the redcaps in sharandar, and I hated these guys with a vengeance.
  • Options
    ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    radiotubby wrote: »
    Grinding is doing the same thing repeatedly. Waiting is simply doing nothing. Waiting is not grinding by any mean. There are always many things you can do both in and off the game, like browsing the internet, AH shopping or going to the bathroom. If you are one of those impatience ones, you can jump around and kill trash mobs to get more trash to feed to your artifacts, enchantments or artifact gear. Of course, you can also visit this forum during the wait.

LOL, so your saying we should NOT play the game to play the game. They should rename the module Tyranny of Browsing or Tyranny of Coffee, cause that is the majority of what folks do if they bother to do the dragon quests. Talk about a horrid design.
  • Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    We did ask for a way to get the better rewards by grinding. A lot of us thought enough currency from the lairs should let you buy the eye of lathander so they sort of did respond. Of course no one had any idea of tedious and awful that response would be. It would be acceptable if there was a real chance of the books dropping but the odds of that are fairly astronomical as we all discovered. So yeah, waiting for dragons hasn't been a success with the players. Or maybe it has by cyptics metrics.
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Do the dungeon/skirmish, or put in effort on dailies. I see no problems with putting in effort for a good reward.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Do the dungeon/skirmish, or put in effort on dailies. I see no problems with putting in effort for a good reward.

Coz the reward isn't worth the effort. Hence I sold my first boon tome.
  • Options
    katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have to agree with the majority here - this mod has ruined the game for me - I don't even bother logging on most weekends any more, let alone every weekday to do my dailies. This game had such great potential, but every module the grind is increasing, and the community seems to be slowly getting ruder, with all of the experienced beta players being replaced by whining five year olds. I hope that PWE/Cryptic can pull the game back on track with mod 5, but I have lost faith in their ability to do so.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This campaign only has three boons, at least as far as I'm concerned.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yes I agree, I can already tell I am going to stop at boon 3 also, and won't be paying to complete campaign either.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    tbhdk2tbhdk2 Member Posts: 78
    edited October 2014
    I can only agree. this is the worst module cryptic has come up with.

- the last two boons are gated by RNG or awfully long wait/grind fest, when in previous modules they were just a matter of doing a few dailies each day, or in the worst case only do the weekly for a slower but steady pace, in order to unlock the boons.
    - the monsters are annoying for any "non OP" class. My GWF in blues faceroll them while my T2 decked out DC and my 16k GS TR painfully bash them until they finally die because they're either immune while sending out ice orb, transform if you don't have the dps to kill the little ones fast enough, or immobilize you if you don't move out. If you're one of the OP classes then you just ignore everything of the above and just kill them in one round of skills...
    Cryptic managed to make these monsters more annoying than the redcaps in sharandar, and I hated these guys with a vengeance.

Well I must say I love the monsters - they are a challenge especially for some classes. And as TR its pretty enjoyable to take out a white dragon cultist in stealth. But for DC - mine actually kills faster than my GF, just not fast enough - and GF can slam those buggers through the air or stun them most of the time making it more fun :P