test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

100 sigils for a book?

tholthertholther Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 113 Arc User
edited October 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I thought that I have everything to ge the boon Spirit of the dragon but to my surprise you just cant buy the book needed for it. You have not only to pay 50k AD but also 100 cults and 100 sigils and 100 dragon coins.Where am i going to get so many?? I mean I play every day but I only have 24! dragon coins I have like 800. What are your thoughts about this. I mean are we supposed to repeat the same quests for months over and over?? Is this not annoying players a bit too much?
Post edited by tholther on

Comments

• iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yep , the last two Boons in the module four campaign are a joke to get , they books are supposed to drop in the skirmish and dungeon but same as the artifact belts the drop rate is so idiotically low as to make it pointless event attempting to try to get them so yeah , enjoy running your dailies for the next month for one.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I farmed the book that unlocks the 4th boon and bought the other one for the last boon which was cheaper so both boons are unlocked for me now, you either buy it or farm it, it's simple. You can get 5 Dragon Sigils per day: 2 in Whispering Caverns, 2 in Rothé Valley and 1 doing the Daily Dungeon, that's only 20 days.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    And you get 3 dragon Sigils each week defending the portal. And one more on days you got the mission in the Whispering Caverns ...
    You can get 6 Cult Secrets each day.

So you need about 2 and half a week to make a book. Longer if you can't farm this much.

That's indeed some time, but nothing unattainable either.
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Yep , the last two Boons in the module four campaign are a joke to get , they books are supposed to drop in the skirmish and dungeon but same as the artifact belts the drop rate is so idiotically low as to make it pointless event attempting to try to get them so yeah , enjoy running your dailies for the next month for one.

It wouldn't surprise me if Module 5 just continued the current campaign instead of adding a new one. I would suspect that's why the 4th and 5th boons in this one take so long to unlock.

Personally, I'm waiting to see what Module 5 looks like when it comes to the preview server first, before grinding my booty off for boons 4 and 5.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • t8xt8x Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I would be nice if we could trade 100 Dragon Coins for 1 Dragon Sigil/Cult Secret.
  • kralmoekralmoe Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Not only 100 sigils. That is only for the 4th boon but for the 5th you need 100 sigils more..... and that's gonna be very boring :(
  • adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Many drop rates are so low because they know that there are people who play 24/7 and are going to farm that stuff no matter how low the drop rate is. If the drop rates would be a bit higher, those players would flood the AH with the farmed stuff nonstop.

My suggestion:
    Make the drop rates based on the number of attempts during a certain period of time to obtain the drop. This percentage will get lower the more attempts someone is doing within a given period of time. In addition, show that percentage so that people dont attempt to farm the impossible. I am sure that this would make the game more attractive for more causal players.

Unfortuately that suggestion will probably not be implemented :)
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
  • smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The grind isn't that bad. It's the travel to every different zones and the need to wait for every ****ing dragons that's killing it.
  • samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm still farming for the artifact weapon. On my 3rd try now. Don't even have the skirmish unlocked yet and probably never will. Definitely not farming every day for those 2 boons. I do ToD dailies here and there when I feel like it so whenever that gets me 100 sigils/notes is when I'll be able to get the book. That will be after I farm some more dragon hoard enchants and another arcane key since I keep wasting mine because of this stupid chest bug. How am I supposed to decline a dragon gem, please just tell me how.
    ────────────────────────────
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
    ────────────────────────────
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    After I got my artifact weapon, I've slowed down on ToD including the skirmish and dungeon. While the book for the boons is obtainable through endless dailies, ToD itself is a real headache. Dragon timers and merry go round maps is annoying. I'd rather spend my time doing something than sitting around for 5, 10, 20 minutes waiting to kill a dragon to move on.

I do have to agree, I have a feeling that the next "expansion" if it will be called module 5 will just be a continuation of what we have now, or a small addition to it.

In the end, I think the Dead Ring still had the most favorable way to power through a campaign. At least each day I could see myself moving towards a reachable goal.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Grind, grind and more grind. Unrewarding dailies, unrewarding heroic encounters.

I do hope module 5 will just introduce endgame and no more dailies/heroic encounters because we already have enough of that
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    t8x wrote: »
    I would be nice if we could trade 100 Dragon Coins for 1 Dragon Sigil/Cult Secret.
    shadw2012 wrote: »
    Im with Ironzerg, not grinding anymore myself, i will wait and see what wonders Mod 5 holds for us.

@ t8x - That would be a great idea, Tempus knows we all have more than enough of the shiny dragon coins, lol.

I second this emotion.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Personally, I'm waiting to see what Module 5 looks like when it comes to the preview server first, before grinding my booty off for boons 4 and 5.
    This. I'm grinding out the first couple of boons on all my L60 toons and levelling a DC in anticipation of the Mod 5 changes. Until I see what Mod 5 holds I won't be aiming for completion of Mod 4.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    This. I'm grinding out the first couple of boons on all my L60 toons and levelling a DC in anticipation of the Mod 5 changes. Until I see what Mod 5 holds I won't be aiming for completion of Mod 4.

At first I was excited at the prospect of new modules. We would finally get more endgame step by step.

The past 4 modules are just more dailies and more grinding. What are we working for exactly? Are we gonna be new PVP modes or raids in the future as a pay-off from all these dailies, or is this it?
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The last two Mods didn't shine, these RNG rates are the worst thing to happen, nothing on 4 of my toons from Icewind, only a gauntlet on my GF, but nothing else and i have farmed Icewind out for them and completed the campaign on 2 of them long time ago. Now dragon campaign nada again, despite the sign: "Great Success" and unbelievable too much grinding needed for the books and artifacts, if you consider, that many ppl have more toons to take care of.

My verdict zero success in RNG department! If i wouldn't love the games other aspects, the last two campaigns could go to oblivion.

Still my all time favorites, Mod 1 and 2, there you could get decent drops for fresh chars and grind gear easily, boons also were every bodies to take, no RNG monster to fight.

I wish that Mod 5 would go back to older Mods style.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The last two Mods didn't shine, these RNG rates are the worst thing to happen, nothing on 4 of my toons from Icewind, only a gauntlet on my GF, but nothing else and i have farmed Icewind out for them and completed the campaign on 2 of them long time ago. Now dragon campaign nada again, despite the sign: "Great Success" and unbelievable too much grinding needed for the books and artifacts, if you consider, that many ppl have more toons to take care of.

I second this. I was lucky to get the BI gloves on my main char before they nerfed the drop rates, but I am in no mood to grind that gear on my other toons. The Rhemo/Beholder is still contantly swarmed by ~20 players and its hard if not impossible for my lower geared toons to even get a great success there. With the drakes its the same... the drop rates are so incredible low, I have only obtained a handful of cosmetic stuff on my 2 chars which I am doing that campaign (and they usually have always a great success). Because of this I am now only focusing on professions to get AD and buy the stuff from the AH: Log in, professions & praying, do a couple of dailies and log off again. I refuse being treated on the same level as those farmbots which can compensate low RNG with playtime.

Indeed, for what are we farming if not for the purpose to keep up in PvP? In my opinion all boons and enchants could be disabled for PvP anyways.
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
  • scoutmasterjscoutmasterj Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    For those who do end up grinding for these items, are they bound? I'd prefer to buy them vs grind for them, and if they aren't bound, that will mean that more will be available, and the price will go down. Anyone know if they are bound?
    edited September 2014
    For those who do end up grinding for these items, are they bound? I'd prefer to buy them vs grind for them, and if they aren't bound, that will mean that more will be available, and the price will go down. Anyone know if they are bound?

they are bound :/
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    kralmoe wrote: »
    they are bound :/

What? the books?

No, the books are never bound no matter where you get them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2014
    str8slayer wrote: »
    What? the books?

I thought he was referring to the sigils...
    edited September 2014
    Yes, you can sell the books you get from the vendor on the AH.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • radiotubbyradiotubby Member Posts: 36
    edited September 2014
    100 sigils are not that hard to get actually. The grind to unlock the boons are not much different than IceWind Dale. More complaints here probably because a lot of people use their sigils to get Dragon's Hoard enchantments.

About buying the boon unlock books from the AH... personally I won't. Like the current module, I think it is going to be similar campaign completion pack. At the current prices, buying the pack for 5000 zen or 2.5 million AD for is far cheaper than spending 4.5 million AD just to unlock 2 boons.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    tousseau wrote: »
    But then I also feel that 3 Dragon Boons should be added to the list for IWD entrance.

I feel that people should stop trying to make the game more tedious and grindy. You should be able to go there as soon as you have the GS, it just makes grinding alts a pain since I can't work on all campaigns at the same time.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    marc8219 wrote: »
    I feel that people should stop trying to make the game more tedious and grindy. You should be able to go there as soon as you have the GS, it just makes grinding alts a pain since I can't work on all campaigns at the same time.

How is that proposition making the game more tedious ?

Right now, the entry ticket for IWD is 10K GS + 3rd boon from Sharandar OR Dread Ring. How adding 3rd boon from ToD makes things more "grindy" ?
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
    edited September 2014
    daggon87 wrote: »
    How is that proposition making the game more tedious ?

Right now, the entry ticket for IWD is 10K GS + 3rd boon from Sharandar OR Dread Ring. How adding 3rd boon from ToD makes things more "grindy" ?

Because I can't start IWD as soon as getting a 3rd boon from dread ring which I can use campaign treasures to get faster, and the faster I can start a campaign I can work on them all at the same time. Also I can choose not to even get the 3rd boon at all in ToD on some characters, why should I be forced to do ToD when I don't have to now? What would be the point in making it harder to get into IWD if not to just antagonize players? I don't see how anyone would benefit.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    He didn't make it clear, but I think @daggon87 means that there should be 3 choices for qualifying to enter IWD: Sharandar, Dread Ring, OR Tyranny of Dragons -- not Shar or DR AND ToD.

It's actually pretty easy to get to three ToD boons as you level a new character, so that would get you into IWD faster than requiring Shar or DR.
    edited September 2014
    He didn't make it clear, but I think @daggon87 means that there should be 3 choices for qualifying to enter IWD: Sharandar, Dread Ring, OR Tyranny of Dragons -- not Shar or DR AND ToD.

It's actually pretty easy to get to three ToD boons as you level a new character, so that would get you into IWD faster than requiring Shar or DR.
    Yes that would be good if it was just a choice and not forced.
  • scoutmasterjscoutmasterj Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    str8slayer wrote: »
    What? the books?

I did mean the books. That's good news. For some, this might be a great way to make a couple million AD. Here's hoping the price drops to around a million a piece.
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    adernath wrote: »
    Many drop rates are so low because they know that there are people who play 24/7 and are going to farm that stuff no matter how low the drop rate is. If the drop rates would be a bit higher, those players would flood the AH with the farmed stuff nonstop.

My suggestion:
    Make the drop rates based on the number of attempts during a certain period of time to obtain the drop. This percentage will get lower the more attempts someone is doing within a given period of time. In addition, show that percentage so that people dont attempt to farm the impossible. I am sure that this would make the game more attractive for more causal players.

Unfortuately that suggestion will probably not be implemented :)

Anything that limits players playing the game is a bad idea. I promise you more people would complain about this than are complaining about its current situation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • tearsoffeartearsoffear Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Dear whiners,
    in M1 we had unique items that could only be obtained by much luck - the BoP off-hand.
    in M2 we had the unique artifact drop, the Eye of Lathander, and we again had the BoP off-hand.
    in M3 we got the drops from beholders/rhemohaz; again BoP items

All these were unobtainable without much luck. A lot of players asked for a way to BUY - for whatever price - these items if RNG hates us.
    Now, we got the possibility, if we are unlucky, to grind our way WITH CERTAINTY to certain items that might just as well drop from a boss.
    Please, stop complaining if your calls for buy options are heeded!
    Yes, it is expensive. But it should not be available to be bought after a month, rather after several months of no luck in eLoL/eSoT.