test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kicked before chest loot in shores of tuern.

13»

Comments

• Options
    mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    galahad01 wrote: »
    Hello All,

Sounds like the same person I got in a SOT run one time, Well I said it once and I'll say it again,

" There should be NO kicking after entry "

Simply no. There would be so many leeches after this, doing nothing but waiting the others to take risk and finnish the dungeon. Also AFK people would become problem as would the disconnected ones.

I know the system isn't perfect, actually far from it and I've been kicked for no reason many times myself, but this is simply not the right solution.
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have said this before and will say it again: Please do not loot green items in skirmishes or group dungeons as it is really annoying. Not only does it take more time to run trough when someone is spending time going collect everything, he also forces others to spend time refusing the loot and takes away attention from the battle AND THERE ARE JUST SO MANY TIMES I HAVE DIED IN MASTER OF THE HUNT WITCH BATTLE WHEN SOME **** STARTS TO COLLECT EVERYTHING ASAP AND CW ISN'T AS TANKY AS NEAR EVERY OTHER CLASS AND DRAWS AGGRO LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW!

If you need to have green loot, go run for few hourst to Sharandra, Dread Ring or Icewind Dale. There you bother nobody, get your green loot and everybody is happy. During skirmish event there is hurry to go trough the skirmishes as fast as possible, plus it is annoying.

Personally I have set my own party leader Need/Greed treshold to epic just because of this. It has few of its own problems, but not even close to the **** looters problem...

PS. Esc button is not is not solution, as I must move my whole control hand out of position to reach it and I really hate the Esc-Alt scheisse when neither wants to clear my view with one stroke, esc getting menu up and not working with alt and alt working randomly and getting aways from the movement too when pressed on wrong place.

LOL are you for realz? I cannot believe what my eyes just read. Riddle me this: how long does it take to hit Shift-2? Or Escape? Hell it's such a reflex action I hardly even notice when I do it anymore. Your argument about looting greens being a waste of time is horsesh!t. Having to move your control hand out of position to reach the Escape button??? Just wow man. Perhaps this game is too technical for you. Try something like Tetris. The fact that its still the highest selling game of all time means all those millions of people can't be wrong about it. Oh and no moving of your hand off the control so it should be right down your alley...
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I was kicked after defeating the boss!
    that's not fair at all! I have 10k GS higher than the party leader, like seriously? who in the right mind would kick me?. Since I cannot contain my frustration inside, I really need to extol it here in the forums, because my MOM would be angry at me, If I'm shouting like crazy here in the house, like who does that?. I'm 42 years old without a job, who needs one? if you can hold your shield all day long! ;) and I'm really glad that some of you guys have the same experience with me in regards to this kicking sickness inflected to us by the PUG players who's GS are below us!!!. I'm playing like crazy to get my GS so HIGH, those PUGS! must know why peremptory behavior is only natural!
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o
  • Options
    lordshitpostlordshitpost Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lirithiel wrote: »
    LOL are you for realz? I cannot believe what my eyes just read. Riddle me this: how long does it take to hit Shift-2? Or Escape? Hell it's such a reflex action I hardly even notice when I do it anymore. Your argument about looting greens being a waste of time is horsesh!t. Having to move your control hand out of position to reach the Escape button??? Just wow man. Perhaps this game is too technical for you. Try something like Tetris. The fact that its still the highest selling game of all time means all those millions of people can't be wrong about it. Oh and no moving of your hand off the control so it should be right down your alley...
    Many people do share the mentality that looting green is griefing! You are alone with your attitude and it is quiet rude to stay to it.
    Green doesn't help you enough to get gold, level your artifact weapon etc. Don't loot it please.

Also, you all should /rearrange and move the loot results to the side. That's what really clutters the screen.

The kick system in skirmishes is bad, I agree. It's always the AFK random, who has the power to requeue and kick whoever they like. That's not a valid way!
  • Options
    talonofwindspeaktalonofwindspeak Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Still relatively new to this game, I don't usually play MMORPG. Not like some that have been playing MMORPG for long time. I have had great experience so far and impressed with the politeness and generosity to new players "NOOBs" if you want to say it. But I have also experienced similar situations. I have quickly gotten my TR to lvl 60 with high GS. He gets kicked a lot. Usually no explanation either. I seldom and rarely get explanation. I assume that I was not what the party needed for a difficult boss. It has made it tough to get into new tough dungeons. Only way to learn is to experience, pretty hard to experience when the old guard doesn't let you in. Joining a guild focused with helping new players out really, really helped.

I was in another dungeon for first time other day. It was a reform at boss, someone was trying to complete. I said I was new, first time in this dungeon, and that promptly got the comment from another add that I shouldn't be there, what they need is a CW, actually two CW, lol, to make it easy. I thought about this and then left. I will go in again with some more valiant types that believe in playing as a team no matter what the odds. We might lose but we have more fun ;)

Some of the greatest fun was playing with another bunch of "NOOBS", ROFL when we mess up, maybe if we win then we feel like true hero's at the keyboard not someone that rages because they don't get there boss chest and greed run in to perfection.
  • Options
    galahad01galahad01 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Simply no. There would be so many leeches after this, doing nothing but waiting the others to take risk and finnish the dungeon. Also AFK people would become problem as would the disconnected ones.

I know the system isn't perfect, actually far from it and I've been kicked for no reason many times myself, but this is simply not the right solution.

Hello.

I can see the flaw in my logic, but I ask you, then what are we suppose to do? So giving it some more thought the only reasonable answer I can come up with is....... If you join a P.U.G. then you'll have to take the good with the bad. And if you want to do runs of anything then you'll have to join a guild, for trouble free running.

I hate to admit it, but that seems like the most viable solution to all of this, WOW now we will all become a bunch of soloists.

Well seems like there are going to be an influx of " Legit Channels " being created.

I never had this many problems in DDO even in PUG groups.

Hope it all gets sorted out.

Cheers

P.S. As to the Not Looting certain items that's a crock, One can find some decent items for crafting, so I am guilty of running around picking stuff up, when I can. Maybe people shouldn't be so Gun-Ho to get to the next battle, maybe there are some people that need just a simple time out/breather from the battle and that's why you have some picking stuff up after a fight.

I bet though if somehow you missed a purple item in the confusion and then it went up on the screen during a fight you would find the dexterity to push the Need/greed on it.

I will admit though that sometimes it is a pain when all of a sudden you get a list of items in front of your battle been there, experienced that.

But again, can avoid that simply by taking a few seconds after a battle to allow the party to collect,

Themselves and/or some loot.

P.P.S. Maybe the devs could give another selection in the character CP, only to show loot windows for the item level you want.

Eg. if you only want to roll for purples, then that's all you'll see pop up, or set it to show window for purples and blues etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

" May The Wind be Always At Your Back "
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Many people do share the mentality that looting green is griefing! You are alone with your attitude and it is quiet rude to stay to it.
    Green doesn't help you enough to get gold, level your artifact weapon etc. Don't loot it please.

Looting = griefing? Oh <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off. And no I am not the only one with this stance, firstly drops are free so why should I have to spend AD to lvl my artifact weapon when I could just pick loot up? 100 RP a pop isn't much I agree but then every little bit helps. If you and the others don't like it, feel free to form premades are run through your skirmishes/dungeons in all due haste and leave me to play the game as I and many others see fit.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Looting = griefing? Oh <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off. And no I am not the only one with this stance, firstly drops are free so why should I have to spend AD to lvl my artifact weapon when I could just pick loot up? 100 RP a pop isn't much I agree but then every little bit helps. If you and the others don't like it, feel free to form premades are run through your skirmishes/dungeons in all due haste and leave me to play the game as I and many others see fit.

The problem is, for some people all those loot roll windows are too anoying since they may cover like 20% of the screen. Especially for those who has monitors with low resolution. I am seriously wondering why didn't they let us customize it via GUI editor yet. I don't mind people picking green stuff they want or clicking "pass" button but I just can't stand the thing when I am concentrated and a row of green rolls pop up on my screen - . -
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just gonna chime in on this. TBH yes I find it annoying to have to hit pass on every single green item, however I do not blame other players for how this was implemented.

MY big beef though it people looting during major fights bosses and such, or huge pulls. JUST DON"T DO IT. Wait until the fight is over.

I realize people need every little bit of RP they can get, so I am okay with the looting. I also realize some people have a limited amount of time to play and if I were them I would rather run things then go farm drops by myself. So once I have no issue with people looting green items during runs with me.

I just hate the mecanics in play for me to pass.

To the poster who sets everything in the loot threshhold to epic, I certainly do hope you not looking for a belt or boon book from the skirmish or dungeon, as the belt is a green and the book I think is considered common.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    100 RP a pop isn't much I agree but then every little bit helps.

I consolidated all the green drops I picked up during the double refinement weekend across all characters just running around doing normal questy stuff and identified them using scrolls I already had (so no additional AD expense). I plugged them all into the single belt I was ranking up. Even with double points, it wasn't worth the trouble or the strain of dragging and dropping all that piddly stuff. Only blues and stones.

I recommend you make yourself some dragon hoard enchants for your utility slots. Your carpals will thank you.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    cayapp wrote: »

MY big beef though it people looting during major fights bosses and such, or huge pulls. JUST DON"T DO IT. Wait until the fight is over.

Just to add this is not something I do. I always wait for a fight to finish before I will start looting, in order to give people enough time to need/greed/pass before the next fight. Looting during fights is a big no-no.
    Our pain is self chosen.

• Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    - He was not tanking.
    - He was simply running around, causing the boss to spin around and attack party members, therefore not doing his main and only job.
    - He was arrogant at the end, trash talking about gearscore and that the other ones who were dying were bad.

Man you are lying to everyone, i didn't trash talk at all, anyoen who has spoken to me in game will know im a nice person. i posted your insult before you kicked me and in the chat i didn't reply so please stop lying to everyone its just sad.

Also i know how to play, i was tanking fine and not running around at all, maybe i didnt leap at the boss right away because as i said i needed to apply all 3 of my powers so i could buff the team.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2014

The only circumstances under which battle looting is acceptable is if you have reason to be concerned that dungeon boss loot is going to fade out before you finish mopping up the adds, like in Frozen Heart. And this still depends on the group you're with.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    nerosolisnerosolis Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This has been the funniest thread in a while. Feels like that limp bizkit song break stuff. he said she said bullsh** break your f**king face yada yada such teenage angst.

Seriously, no one better be a slug cause of all the salt being flung around in here.
  • Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    nerosolis wrote: »

Seriously, no one better be a slug cause of all the salt being flung around in here.

This line made me lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    sugarliessugarlies Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
    edited September 2014
    the two other party members were total strangers and were the ones who asked for you to be kicked. My friend, the leader, asked me if it was fine to kick you and I agreed to majority and allowed him to kick you, that is all. Also there was no dropped loot, so scratch that out of your "story" aswell.

It only takes TWO people to kick someone. Known fact. So if you have a friend in there, like you said, the kick takes place. So I'm not sure why there is talk of some 'majority' here.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I think you miss the point, @darkdrayken, of why people are siding with him. Even assuming he was real ****ty, even assuming he made the fight harder for you, it was not intentional and not meant as a personal attack to you, but you chose to be vengeful and to *punish* him by not allowing him to loot the chest. This attitude is what people are rightfully against of.

If what you say is true and he really did trash talk then I can sympathize with you, but still...
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    During skirmish event there is hurry to go trough the skirmishes as fast as possible

I remember when I would play games for fun. Now everyone is in such a rush...

It is not rude. It is you who is rude and decide players should not loot greens because you have small bags or can't press multiple buttons or whatever reason. It is NOT your place to decide whether or not someone should loot an item or not, especially since now greens offer refinement points. You are the rude one by trying to enforce your own personal preferences on the normal way of playing the game.
  • Options
    dargrotdargrot Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I don't run pugs. Find a good guild. At least then you know who you are running with and behavior like this isn't so anonymous and quickly forgotten (by the offender). I am not suggesting this for all pug runners, but pugs in general have a greater chance to harbor pathetic people like this one you are talking about, after all, what guild/guildy would tolerate this sort of behavior amongst there own? In addition, if you are new to something, guild mates often take time to guide and resolve tactics... not so for pugs.

Another thing is the ability to kick is fairly ridiculous without a vote... If I play with someone that stinks.. they make my ignore list and if I get them in a group again, either they or I leave. On my DC I usually win that debate with the group leader...

If, on the other hand, you run dungeons over and over and over for AD... then pugs may just be a necessary evil... sorry.
  • Options
    lordshitpostlordshitpost Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    sugarlies wrote: »
    I remember when I would play games for fun. Now everyone is in such a rush...

It is not rude. It is you who is rude and decide players should not loot greens because you have small bags or can't press multiple buttons or whatever reason. It is NOT your place to decide whether or not someone should loot an item or not, especially since now greens offer refinement points. You are the rude one by trying to enforce your own personal preferences on the normal way of playing the game.
    It's not efficient to loot green anyways. You require 3.8M+ refinement points. The time you waste dumping all the green trash into your artifact gear is time you could use for some CN runs or even foundries with Dragon Hoard enchantments. There are so many faster ways to level your belt than looting green.
    Plus, I don't care personally, wether green pops up. I just pass on the fly. Other players, especially some older members (I do know some in my guildf.e.) interrupt their movement for pressing pass and that's dangerous. Some GF players also complain about green loot, because they have to press shift, which also rises their shield.
    It's not me be arrogant about poor players, it's me being careful regarding my party.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Some GF players also complain about green loot, because they have to press shift, which also rises their shield.

Lol, the number of times I've been on my GF and dismounted myself while accepting a party invite....

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    chrcorechrcore Member Posts: 329 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Since my original reply was removed for no reason at all (Thanks a lot, moderators).

You, are a pathetic liar. I don't mind sticking up for the person who kicked you, you were not appart of the run from the start at all, You were bad, deal with being kicked when the entire party voted you out. It's a little sad that you hide behind your lies and have the actual story deleted. Bad wallet warriors will stay bad wallet warriors.

PS: Another little bull**** you gave in this thread, you're saying that I "asked my friends to kick you" which is a lie once again, I've already said what happened. The only person I knew in the party was the leader himself; the two other party members were total strangers and were the ones who asked for you to be kicked. My friend, the leader, asked me if it was fine to kick you and I agreed to majority and allowed him to kick you, that is all. Also there was no dropped loot, so scratch that out of your "story" aswell.

It's people like you that make the current kick system broken.

WHO cares how good of a job he did at tanking? Even if what you say is 100% true, not everyone is a pro at this game (nor should you expect them to be) and the fact of the matter is he was there WHEN you killed the boss and you kicked him out of revenge before he could loot the chest.

Those are the actions of a petty immature child.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    I think this goes to the point that people need to find big good guilds.

Dead guilds need to merge etc.

Stuff like this will always happen in pugging.

Sadly, most people will not get this point and continue to stay in their guild of 3 active players....
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Happened to me also.
    We had a four man party and did lair of lostmauth all the way to the end.
    Some new guy came in and kicked me saying my gs was too low.
    like wtf!?!?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Thankfully this didn't happen to me too often, but what happens way too often is getting kicked as soon as I get inside the instance for no apparent reason.
    The problem is that, as a GF, I keep on getting inside the same instance that I was kicked from. -.-

I was kicked once (well, not once, more like 25 times) because 2 CWs with 2 permanent offliners wanted to 2man the Dracolich, even though they were wiping over and over, and I told them repeatedly that the only thing they were accomplishing was to keep the queue stuck for me, I could have cared less about their instance, but the fact is that I wanted to do CN without being forced to gather a full group. The thing went on and on until I decided to start the vote kick and the idiots voted themselves out haha. That was sweet revenge.
  • Options
    razyldazlrazyldazl Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    klangeddin wrote: »
    Thankfully this didn't happen to me too often, but what happens way too often is getting kicked as soon as I get inside the instance for no apparent reason.
    The problem is that, as a GF, I keep on getting inside the same instance that I was kicked from. -.-

I was kicked once (well, not once, more like 25 times) because 2 CWs with 2 permanent offliners wanted to 2man the Dracolich, even though they were wiping over and over. The thing went on and on until I decided to start the vote kick and the idiots voted themselves out haha. That was sweet revenge.

now that is funny...
  • Options
    laurellian13laurellian13 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    I lol'd, got to remember this now xD

Not sure about others but my own ignore bible became bigger.
    Still, shaming scru...people publicaly is against local forums rules :P So assume the thread will get closed very soon because of that...

I don't think crixus named and shamed... Drayken seemed to have outted himself...after all, the one screenshot with the insult didn't give @handles or etc. So I doubt it'll end up killed, maybe moved to the flame thread category.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I have said this before and will say it again: Please do not loot green items in skirmishes or group dungeons as it is really annoying. Not only does it take more time to run trough when someone is spending time going collect everything, he also forces others to spend time refusing the loot and takes away attention from the battle AND THERE ARE JUST SO MANY TIMES I HAVE DIED IN MASTER OF THE HUNT WITCH BATTLE WHEN SOME **** STARTS TO COLLECT EVERYTHING ASAP AND CW ISN'T AS TANKY AS NEAR EVERY OTHER CLASS AND DRAWS AGGRO LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW!

If you need to have green loot, go run for few hourst to Sharandra, Dread Ring or Icewind Dale. There you bother nobody, get your green loot and everybody is happy. During skirmish event there is hurry to go trough the skirmishes as fast as possible, plus it is annoying.

Personally I have set my own party leader Need/Greed treshold to epic just because of this. It has few of its own problems, but not even close to the **** looters problem...

PS. Esc button is not is not solution, as I must move my whole control hand out of position to reach it and I really hate the Esc-Alt scheisse when neither wants to clear my view with one stroke, esc getting menu up and not working with alt and alt working randomly and getting aways from the movement too when pressed on wrong place.

Seriously was gonna be kind of insulting responding to this, but nope...intead I'll help you out a bit. Do what I did all on my characters...re-arrange your HUD so all that stuff pops up to your right without obstructing your view. I'm not gonna give you a guide on how to do it..you'll have to learn like I did by playing with things...but it's a wonderful thing when you learn to do it. I'd much rather have people going for green loot for several reasons. 1) I've been through several guildies who were too good to pick up green loot but never had any gold and thus always needed others to bankroll their pots and kits.2) I have no problems running things when I can with newer players who may honestly need that for the above mentioned reasons. 3) You also rank up the artifact belts and weapons using level 60 gear... and every lil bit helps. This also means, as my wife pointed out to me several days ago... they can actually be worth AH'ing. You don't get a lot of AD, but in a day AH'ing level 60 greens she's broke 5 figures in AD. She's pretty smart about it too, never losing AD on buying ID scrolls. She gets low on those, just vendors until she's built them up again.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

There should be no kicking during or right after Boss fights though.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Just gonna chime in on this. TBH yes I find it annoying to have to hit pass on every single green item, however I do not blame other players for how this was implemented.

I realize people need every little bit of RP they can get, so I am okay with the looting. I also realize some people have a limited amount of time to play and if I were them I would rather run things then go farm drops by myself. So once I have no issue with people looting green items during runs with me.

I just hate the mecanics in play for me to pass.

To the poster who sets everything in the loot threshhold to epic, I certainly do hope you not looking for a belt or boon book from the skirmish or dungeon, as the belt is a green and the book I think is considered common.

This I can agree with, but like i said to the OP about looting greens, you can arrange your HUD so those notifiers pop up to the left or right of your screen and don't obscure your vision. in the center.